Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,774 members, 7,817,165 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:34 AM

F-SARS Arrests Policeman, Others For Snatching Magistrate’s Car (Photo) - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / F-SARS Arrests Policeman, Others For Snatching Magistrate’s Car (Photo) (14717 Views)

F-SARS Arrests Most Wanted Imo Kidnappers, Recovers Pistol, Vehicle / '100 gunmen’ attack Zamfara community; kill policeman, others / 12 Facts To Know About The New F-SARS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: F-SARS Arrests Policeman, Others For Snatching Magistrate’s Car (Photo) by TRUSTEDGUY: 10:04am On Nov 05, 2018
Policeman way snatch Car name policeman?
As far as I am concern they are all thieves.
Re: F-SARS Arrests Policeman, Others For Snatching Magistrate’s Car (Photo) by Pat081: 10:05am On Nov 05, 2018
Na dia work now
Re: F-SARS Arrests Policeman, Others For Snatching Magistrate’s Car (Photo) by kondos: 10:08am On Nov 05, 2018
federal SARS at it again
Re: F-SARS Arrests Policeman, Others For Snatching Magistrate’s Car (Photo) by newjosboy: 10:12am On Nov 05, 2018
Thank God for Osinbajo's intervention in the SARS.
Re: F-SARS Arrests Policeman, Others For Snatching Magistrate’s Car (Photo) by Nobody: 10:13am On Nov 05, 2018
Re: F-SARS Arrests Policeman, Others For Snatching Magistrate’s Car (Photo) by Nobody: 10:23am On Nov 05, 2018
AGNESikpuNNU:
Aaaaaaaaaffooonnnnnnjjaaaaaa!!!!!

Ouuuch, na who slap me? Yeeeiii ... na flatttino amean o! cheesy grin

Even women join in on this bigotry train. You lot are cursed.
Re: F-SARS Arrests Policeman, Others For Snatching Magistrate’s Car (Photo) by bravehost4u(m): 10:25am On Nov 05, 2018
Olamsoh:
Office Politics is a dangerous game and I have seen how bad it can get. For the young one trying to build his or her career, its important you understand it because it can go a long way in determining how well you rise and achieve your career goals.

A close friend of mine worked in a big company with many operations across Nigeria. One of those legacy companies where husband and wife can work. His direct manager went on maternity leave and put one of the seniors on the team in charge. The senior took advantage of the opportunity to act as manager to change the way the team reported and built her own network with senior management. When the manager came back from maternity, senior management felt she was no more needed and fired her, Promoting the senior into her role. Politics

Politics is the process of making decisions that affect a group of people. It is the process of gaining control over a group of people, community etc. Applied to the workplace, office politics is a game of influence over decisions made in the workplace. The endgame is not to necessarily be the one making the decision but having the influence to make sure the decisions you want made are made. You want someone promoted, they get promoted. You want someone sacked, they get sacked. Sometimes you want to be the one to do it too.

For the young one, who is just starting a career, office politics can affect you any of two ways. Even though you are a small fry in the scheme of things, you could be fodder for the battle among those wielding power in the office or benefit from allying with seniors who help you

The problem is you don't even know the political terrain. Who has what level of influence on decisions that affect your career? You may not necessarily have any work relations with the managers that you need on your side. So how do you position yourself to win 'the game'?

1) Always be professional. This thing can save your life more than anything. I had a close shave once. A department was running late on a payment and the service was about to be suspended so the guilty party sent it to accounts around 7pm. Then the next morning sent a mail to management explaining that they had sent the invoice to accounts for payment, copied 2 directors and the vendor in charge. Luckily, my friend (to whom this happened) was working late and saw the mail come in at 7pm. Normally, he would have ignored but he had made it a principle to clear his desk every day before leaving. So he paid the invoice. The next morning, the vendor was threatening and directors were screaming, the guilty party was trying to deflect it to accounts, he calmly showed them the time the mail came and the action he took. If he hadn't paid the invoice that night, the service would have been suspended, the company would have lost money and he would have carried the blame, even though his colleague was at fault. Be professional at all times. Never let your guard down.
Even in situations, when it would seem everyone is actually cutting loose, you're too young in the business to take a reputational risk. You haven't even built a reputation for being a professional that is reliable to take any kind of risk so err on the side of caution.

2) Be indispensable. I am sure you will hear it said before the end of the day, that if you die, the office will move on and work will continue. That fact is true, cos no one is truly indispensable but you can be so good at something that everyone will prefer to have you do it.
Be actually useful to your colleagues, boss, team and business. Make actual contributions. Pay the price to become really skilled at what you do to the point that you are either the best at it. Make useful contributions at every meeting, emphasis on useful. This means prepare before going into the meeting. Don't be like those people who just want people to know they are in a meeting by asking random, often stupid questions or make unnecessary comments. Learn to ask questions that either bring up something not being considered or being overlooked. Actually help your colleagues. If you have information that can help someone do their work better, share it. Hoarding information may seem like the way to win the game but its a short-sighted strategy. Play the long game. Build trust in your reputation as a knowledgeable person

3) Humbly promote your accomplishments. Let people know about your wins but in a stylishly humble way. Don't make it into a boast because that will attract the annoyance of senior management. Instead, do it as something by the way. You see the aim here is pretty simple when you are not there and management decisions are being made, only what management is aware of counts. So here are 2 ways to do it humbly:
i) Make sure you're the one that brings it up but share the credit with other team-mates. Control the narrative.
ii) Sell the big picture

In other words, I achieved this and that but this is what i'm really going after and here are some of my challenges in achieving them or when you get a chance to talk with your manager one on one, let them know what you've achieved and what you are going after next...

4) Build networks across departments. Make friends in other departments. I know a friend, who had a fallout with his manager, who wanted to get him fired but because he had been providing support to another department occasionally, the manager there asked him to cross over.

Just as he was being suspended in his department, he was hired by the other manager. It was really interesting. You'll be surprised at where your matter is being discussed and it pays to have someone who can put in a good word for you. This is why always go for the win-win always look to build bridges, always look to create alliances and where possible favours that can be called upon later but guess what? Never ask for any favour. This actually weakens your good standing with whoever you're asking it from. I wish i could say more but for a young one just starting off your aim should be to build a reputation as a reliable professional who is good at what he or she does and is suitable for advancement into higher positions. When you get into middle or senior magt, the game changes...

You can delegate a lot but you have a lot more political and strategic decisions to make like the manager in my story at the beginning. Even when you go off on leave, stay in touch with your team. It's your team for a reason. Make sure any changes are passed by you.But that's all for now. Goodluck young one. All the best with building your career.

Nice piece, but you should have opened a thread for it
Re: F-SARS Arrests Policeman, Others For Snatching Magistrate’s Car (Photo) by Akinwale14(m): 10:26am On Nov 05, 2018
AGNESikpuNNU:
Aaaaaaaaaffooonnnnnnjjaaaaaa!!!!!

Ouuuch, na who slap me? Yeeeiii ... na flatttino amean o! cheesy grin
Chibuika and Ebuka are afronjas?
Re: F-SARS Arrests Policeman, Others For Snatching Magistrate’s Car (Photo) by Patrioticman007(m): 11:08am On Nov 05, 2018
Akinwale14:
Chibuika and Ebuka are afronjas?

Igbo amaka
Re: F-SARS Arrests Policeman, Others For Snatching Magistrate’s Car (Photo) by Akinwale14(m): 11:59am On Nov 05, 2018
Patrioticman007:

Igbo amaka
lol
Re: F-SARS Arrests Policeman, Others For Snatching Magistrate’s Car (Photo) by Jbleenk: 1:01pm On Nov 05, 2018
Na wa o thief dey arrest thief.
Re: F-SARS Arrests Policeman, Others For Snatching Magistrate’s Car (Photo) by Splendor27: 10:08pm On Nov 12, 2019
I kno it my brothers.....from the land of milk and honey�

(1) (2) (Reply)

Jihadists kill four Nigerian soldiers in Mogula ambush / Wadume: Military Panel Clears 10 Soldiers, Balarabe Promoted / Police Arrest Informants, Drugs And Food Suppliers To Suspected Kidnapper

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.