Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,846 members, 7,810,260 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:20 AM

Please Your Candid Advice Is Needed - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Please Your Candid Advice Is Needed (2433 Views)

I Just Bought This Refrigerator....please I Need Your Candid Advise / I Need Your Candid Advise Please / I Need Your Candid Advice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Your Candid Advice Is Needed by kentblues(m): 2:01pm On Nov 05, 2018
PLEASE HOW DO I MANAGE MY WIFE AND MY 1 YEAR OLD BABY WITH 35K MONTHLY SALARY..
Re: Please Your Candid Advice Is Needed by SEGLIZ: 2:04pm On Nov 05, 2018
kentblues:

your location is necessary. where do you reside?

1 Like

Re: Please Your Candid Advice Is Needed by falcon01: 2:07pm On Nov 05, 2018
Chai.
Re: Please Your Candid Advice Is Needed by Nobody: 2:19pm On Nov 05, 2018
guy give your wife 30k make she use take buy foodstuff for house...
Re: Please Your Candid Advice Is Needed by Nobody: 2:20pm On Nov 05, 2018
nd OP make your wife try find job take support you

3 Likes

Re: Please Your Candid Advice Is Needed by ojun50(m): 2:30pm On Nov 05, 2018
Give her 25k nd take 10k bt try nd save 2 to 3k out of the 10k with u, if yr work place is nt far

1 Like

Re: Please Your Candid Advice Is Needed by kentblues(m): 3:08pm On Nov 05, 2018
SEGLIZ:

your location is necessary. where do you reside?
i reside in portharcourt...
Re: Please Your Candid Advice Is Needed by kentblues(m): 3:10pm On Nov 05, 2018
ojun50:
Give her 25k nd take 10k bt try nd save 2 to 3k out of the 10k with u, if yr work place is nt far
I think the 25k will be ok... But I don't know to cope , but at least 5k can buy baby food apart from pampers
Re: Please Your Candid Advice Is Needed by czarina(f): 3:58pm On Nov 05, 2018
kentblues:
I think the 25k will be ok... But I don't know to cope , but at least 5k can buy baby food apart from pampers
Just remove pampers from the list. Especially with your current pay. Reusable diapers will do just fine for now.

At least till your wife gets a job to support.

2 Likes

Re: Please Your Candid Advice Is Needed by ojun50(m): 4:02pm On Nov 05, 2018
kentblues:
yea
Re: Please Your Candid Advice Is Needed by JoannaSedley(f): 7:33pm On Nov 05, 2018
Get a carton of condom first, it will save you more heartache.

11 Likes

Re: Please Your Candid Advice Is Needed by kentblues(m): 10:19pm On Nov 05, 2018
JoannaSedley:
please how ?
Re: Please Your Candid Advice Is Needed by Eberechi24(f): 10:43pm On Nov 05, 2018
kentblues:
please how ?
To avoid making more babies

buy food stuffs with 10k, (garri-1000, garri isnt expensive now.
crayfish-1000
oil (red) 400,
local rice-2000,
beans-2000,
yam- 2500,
Egusi/ogbono=
kerosene=
this list can be edited to fit into market price
** you must not cook with fish/meat. enough crayfish is enough.

At this point, you don't need expensive baby food. corn, dawa, soya beans and other naturals got you covered

Reusable diapers/napkin got you covered to.
give madam 10 or 5k depending on your budget , tell her that's your last card.

Pay house rent and save for miscellaneous

don't save less than 5k.

4 Likes

Re: Please Your Candid Advice Is Needed by JoannaSedley(f): 5:52am On Nov 06, 2018
kentblues:
please how ?
wtf do you mean please how?

1 Like

Re: Please Your Candid Advice Is Needed by frozen70(f): 6:32am On Nov 06, 2018
My advice is this

Let her know that your salary can not even feed you for one month talk more of the entire family

She must start something doing, be it anything

She can sell roasted plantain or even fruits at strategic bustop

Make sure you leave in a one room apartment where you can afford to pay rent easily

If your child is above 6months, introduce pap and natural food, that will give that child good health

Make a point of duty to save 5000 every month into your account

If you don't involve your wife in contributing to the family upkeep, she will assume you are capable

Live the most economic life until situation improves

Lastly one or two kids are enough for now until economy improve

4 Likes

Re: Please Your Candid Advice Is Needed by lilmax(m): 7:01am On Nov 06, 2018
how did you get there?
Re: Please Your Candid Advice Is Needed by Nobody: 11:47am On Nov 06, 2018
lilmax:
how did you get there?
my thoughts exactly...i make nothing less than 80k a month but I can't imagine squeezing myself with a woman in a selfcon(despite the fact i'd love to settle down),let alone bringing a child to this world to suffer like I did.the guy get mind sha...

3 Likes

Re: Please Your Candid Advice Is Needed by SEGLIZ: 2:05pm On Nov 06, 2018
kentblues:

first and foremost, delete, erase, clear, if possible eradicate the issue of disposable diapers (pampers). that alone might send down 6feet, the washable types are available like someone has earlier said, if not nappy hasn't been outlawed. this should be you first step.
now go ahead cut all on necessary cost, less I forget there must be a cordial understanding and mutual agreement between you and madam on all this, your home is more important than all our advice. I won't say much on to ration your wage for so many breakdown has been giving above.
at this point it is very necessary for madam to get her hands busy for it more favourable to women in the present day Nigeria for what so ever they do prosper more. I'm living testimony my wife is into makeup, the truth is that has being sustaining my family.
look around you in portharcourt any service job that people won't but demand for on daily bases and daily consumables will do well. everyone here can be of help on this.
Re: Please Your Candid Advice Is Needed by Steppingup4lyf: 3:24pm On Nov 06, 2018
kentblues:
i see only possibilities. i dont know what you see. pm me lets talk. two options. invest or you step up.send me message for details
Re: Please Your Candid Advice Is Needed by mrblessed(m): 1:13pm On Nov 07, 2018
JoannaSedley:
Do you really have to type these words? They remove the kernel of human feelings in you.
Re: Please Your Candid Advice Is Needed by mrblessed(m): 1:13pm On Nov 07, 2018
JoannaSedley:
Do you really have to type these words? They remove the kernel of human feelings in you.
Re: Please Your Candid Advice Is Needed by JoannaSedley(f): 4:03pm On Nov 07, 2018
mrblessed:
Just get OUT.
Some one earning below 50k has no financial justification to have a child to more of two or even more.

1 Like

Re: Please Your Candid Advice Is Needed by jeff1607(m): 4:36pm On Nov 07, 2018
you would need 2-3 months before you can get balanced.

buy stuff you need but save 10k ,no matter how hard it is do not touch that money

get a garden ;no be everything them de buy for market

get pork meat/a crate and half of eggs/panla fish, choose out of these for. your source of protein

it entails many sacrifices can't say all here but your life style and decisions play a major role here,but after 3 months u would be able to see you can manage

remember to eat healthy first, any side money can be used to buy little things at home, buy and sell stuff , no matter how little

keep drugs at home.

for now if u wanna buy anything personal if need be spread the payment if the seller would agree.
Re: Please Your Candid Advice Is Needed by jeff1607(m): 4:40pm On Nov 07, 2018
JoannaSedley:
Just get OUT.
Some one earning below 50k has no financial justification to have a child to more of two or even more.

I know of people who earn between 70k - 250k a month and they have no savings, they live in face me I face u. they always complain about how small the salary is. when month reach 15 them de rush I.O.U. and always in debt

2 Likes

Re: Please Your Candid Advice Is Needed by mrblessed(m): 9:09pm On Nov 07, 2018
JoannaSedley:
Just get OUT.
I am already on my way out. Your advice should be civil and direct without sounding rude and uncouth.

2 Likes

Re: Please Your Candid Advice Is Needed by 9JAFULLBREED(m): 11:02pm On Nov 07, 2018
kentblues:

35K with a wife and a baby na suicide mission undecided

You need to forget about having more kids for now lipsrsealed

You need a better Job or a second Job if possible lipsrsealed

35k Salary is like spending 1,160Naira daily shocked

GO FIND BETTER WORK! Period and end of the STORY

1 Like

Re: Please Your Candid Advice Is Needed by Franklyine: 11:54pm On Nov 07, 2018
9JAFULLBREED:

35K with a wife and a baby na suicide mission undecided

You need to forget about having more kids for now lipsrsealed

You need a better Job or a second Job if possible lipsrsealed

35k Salary is like spending 1,160Naira daily shocked

GO FIND BETTER WORK! Period and end of the STORY
I guess he is still living in his father's house

2 Likes

Re: Please Your Candid Advice Is Needed by CanadianNaija: 6:22am On Nov 08, 2018
Op, how could you have opened your eyes and brought a child into this kind of situation? You actually can’t afford 1 child based on your salary.

Well since you’ve done that, the best you can do now is make sure another child doesn’t follow.

Make sure your wife starts contributing financially to the house.

Make sure you supplement your income, or get another job that pays higher.

I really can’t think of another way out of this, like you guys won’t even be able to eat well with this your income. Chai!
Re: Please Your Candid Advice Is Needed by Nobody: 1:37am On Nov 09, 2018
How OP take marry sef?

After islam, disease and death, the only other thing I fear is poverty. And I would not willingly enter any marriage that will ensure I suffer. I am not built for too much struggle. I prefer being single, free and self sufficient until things improve.

OP, God is your strength.

2 Likes

Re: Please Your Candid Advice Is Needed by Heph001(f): 7:48pm On Nov 09, 2018
Hmm..the best thing is to seek the wisdom that comes from above... GRACE!
Re: Please Your Candid Advice Is Needed by Nobody: 9:58am On Nov 10, 2018
resurgent4oodua:
How OP take marry sef?

After islam, disease and death, the only other thing I fear is poverty. And I would not willingly enter any marriage that will ensure I suffer. I am not built for too much struggle. I prefer being single, free and self sufficient until things improve.

OP, God is your strength.
why adding Islam to this
be careful of what you say
Re: Please Your Candid Advice Is Needed by Chubhie: 12:13pm On Nov 10, 2018
Not in a good position to be. It's mostly about the mindset and your attitude. The right mindset will open you up to ideas and opportunities of making money.

Now, the more kids you have, the harder it becomes to dig yourself out of your hole. Imagine if you were single and free. You have the ability to save 50% of your income. In six months, that's enough seed capital to experiment with.

Our ancestors said that two heads are better than one. Make your woman's head count.

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Should She Do? / All My Appliances Are Blowing Up (PIC) Please Help. / Children Should Be Allowed To Own And Use Mobile Phones .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.