Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,014 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:29 AM

It Is Sad That Two Global Banking Giants Are Leaving Nigeria - Atiku Abubakar - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / It Is Sad That Two Global Banking Giants Are Leaving Nigeria - Atiku Abubakar (36501 Views)

Buhari In Trouble As Two Global Banks Dump Nigeria. / Buhari Has History Of Bringing Looted Funds To Nigeria – Atiku / USA Barred Buhari In 2001 Over Plan To Islamize Nigeria - Atiku (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: It Is Sad That Two Global Banking Giants Are Leaving Nigeria - Atiku Abubakar by hush15: 9:29am On Nov 06, 2018
xjiggy:
so, in other to get rid of a rabid rottweiler, u have to get a ravenous lion. How does that make sense? It's like saying "I prefer an armed robber to a petty thief"

Look at it from this angle, in order to get a rid of a rabid rotweiller, you dont go and get a puppy. You need something of equal match or slightly stronger.

You think Atiku is corrupt but you cant tell till you see him there and believe me that Atiku is not the real threat. The real threat are these guys there now. If only God could open so many eyes to the evil plans and sinister moves they are making. I tell you, should we allow them to pull thru come 2019, by 2023 we wont be needing INEC again o. Our freedom to choose will be taking from us and all we will get is a charade and facelift. We will have help perfected Tinubus plan cos thats is an advantage to him and Lagos is in bondage, a bondage of 20yrs come 2019 and still elusive of how to break free. We cant afford the whole of Nigeria for APC. Its disaster waiting to explode.

Atiku is not perfect, i agree but nobody is. As at today and with whats available, he is the man to lead this country from this present day slavery thats about to be enforced on us. its the reality we need to face.
Re: It Is Sad That Two Global Banking Giants Are Leaving Nigeria - Atiku Abubakar by SEGLIZ: 9:29am On Nov 06, 2018
Horus:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LsiTDf8fFWg

HSBC & the Largest Money Laundering Fine Ever

The US government recently hit HSBC, Europe's largest bank with the biggest anti-money laundering fine in history: a cool 1.9 Billion dollars, along with deferred prosecution, partially docked bonuses and a monitoring overhaul.

passengers of the atikulated vehicle won't be happy with you.
Re: It Is Sad That Two Global Banking Giants Are Leaving Nigeria - Atiku Abubakar by Horus(m): 9:32am On Nov 06, 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXOggrrxHPU

UBS is on Trial for aggravated tax fraud and money laundering

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vsy-rsrnijE

The HSBC money laundering machine
Re: It Is Sad That Two Global Banking Giants Are Leaving Nigeria - Atiku Abubakar by Barzinime(m): 9:36am On Nov 06, 2018
Please explain to us, we are listening
MrExcel:

You are just like PMB. You don't know how the economy operates.
Re: It Is Sad That Two Global Banking Giants Are Leaving Nigeria - Atiku Abubakar by BENEAMATA: 9:37am On Nov 06, 2018
tiredoflife:
If u want to know the meaning of the drum beat ...look at the movement of money
When people begin to dump your currency know that there is a war coming
The financial world is the first indicator of panic
Let's all prepare
The Sunnis are getting ready to wipe us out cool
Bros , abeg this your post and moniker make afraid catch me this morning , iran ke ? Abeg if you know something , say something . LOL . And speaking of knowing something , what makes any one thinks he has deeper knowledge of the operations of these two banking giants than the C in C who has near limitless access to info is still unclear to me . AND WHY WILL ANY COMPANY NEVER MIND A BANK SCARE POTENTIAL AND EXISTING INVESTORS BY PREDICTING DOOM IN IT'S SECTOR W IF AN ELECTION OUTCOME GOES ONE WAY ? Even liquidated banks maintained a safe and solid stance to the public till zero hour . FDI or not , nigeria is our father and these ones that jump at the first sign of trouble and claiming sour grape , we can survive without . Those who are good ( manipulative ) with words should remember those who are good at listening , sorry team grow nigeria wins this round . Next !
Re: It Is Sad That Two Global Banking Giants Are Leaving Nigeria - Atiku Abubakar by methodyk: 9:37am On Nov 06, 2018
What is the criteria for the closure? Stop defending poo please.
akintunde63:

HSBC is closing branches globally, it's not a Nigeria problem, so stop trying to gain cheap political points. Unfortunately many Nigerians are dullards, they won't seek factual information, only consuming the shit propagandists feed to them
Re: It Is Sad That Two Global Banking Giants Are Leaving Nigeria - Atiku Abubakar by Horus(m): 9:40am On Nov 06, 2018
SEGLIZ:

passengers of the atikulated vehicle won't be happy with you.

Only money launderers and fund looters won't be happy with me. UBS and HSBC concealed large sums of money for people facing allegations of tax evasion, drug-running, corruption and money laundering
Re: It Is Sad That Two Global Banking Giants Are Leaving Nigeria - Atiku Abubakar by SEGLIZ: 9:48am On Nov 06, 2018
Horus:

Only money launderers and fund looters won't be happy with me. UBS and HSBC concealed large sums of money for people facing allegations of tax evasion, drug-running, corruption and money laundering

I'm just tired of the whole set of individuals we have around. they keep screaming fdi, the same fdi that has left nigerdelta in shambles. Nigerians are the ones shielding corruption.
Re: It Is Sad That Two Global Banking Giants Are Leaving Nigeria - Atiku Abubakar by tiredoflife(m): 9:48am On Nov 06, 2018
BENEAMATA:
Bros , abeg this your post and moniker make afraid catch me this morning , iran ke ? Abeg if you know something , say something . LOL . And speaking of knowing something , what makes any one thinks he has deeper knowledge of the operations of these two banking giants than the C in C who has near limitless access to info is still unclear to me . AND WHY WILL ANY COMPANY NEVER MIND A BANK SCARE POTENTIAL AND EXISTING INVESTORS BY PREDICTING DOOM IN IT'S SECTOR W IF AN ELECTION OUTCOME GOES ONE WAY ? Even liquidated banks maintained a safe and solid stance to the public till zero hour . FDI or not , nigeria is our father and these ones that jump at the first sign of trouble and claiming sour grape , we can survive without . Those who are good ( manipulative ) with words should remember those who are good at listening , sorry team grow nigeria wins this round . Next !

U will not understand
We have seen it happen over and over again
It has nothing to do with grow Nigeria
Re: It Is Sad That Two Global Banking Giants Are Leaving Nigeria - Atiku Abubakar by Barzinime(m): 9:50am On Nov 06, 2018
Really? I can really see their impacts on the common man on the street,however they arent the only ones present, we have citigroup, standard chartered, they are free to go.
The US fined them for money laundering, but over here we dont even know the reasons why they are leaving, you are crying cos someone said so, have you done your investigations about what happened? I guess not.

menesheh:

If you can only see the bad part of a thing, thus doing away with the good part of it, which is in this case, vastly more than the bad, you are doing a disservice to yourself. Yahoo as a company won't stop providing their good service because of a small fraction of yahoooo boys. You have to evaluate things based on their broader standpoint.

Those banks are the eyes of international investors Operating in Nigerian which implicitly benefit the common man in the street.
Re: It Is Sad That Two Global Banking Giants Are Leaving Nigeria - Atiku Abubakar by itsene: 9:56am On Nov 06, 2018
With TSA, the banks have no way of looting easily.
These banks didn't come to Nigeria to contribute to development.

1 Like

Re: It Is Sad That Two Global Banking Giants Are Leaving Nigeria - Atiku Abubakar by mapist(m): 10:14am On Nov 06, 2018
ImperialYoruba:

I have come to realize that Atiku is not talking to the nation with these short rhetorics he dishes out. He uses them to control the minds of Atikulants so they stay glued to his charade.

Does anyone know the truth behind these banks leaving Nigeria?

Ok, do you all recall a bank known as Societe Generale? These Swiss banks are leaving for similar reasons. For diplomatic reasons and to build more cooperation with Switzerland, particularly in area of repatriation of stolen wealth, Nigeria has overlooked the crimes committed by HSBC and UBC as conduits for channelling huge sums of stolen money out of Nigeria and into Switzerland secret accounts. Instead of prosecuting them they have been asked to get out.

As we speak, Switzerland is sitting on our national wealth and refusing to release them. HSBC has stolen wealth by people like Atiku, who dip hands in our national treasury and launder them to foreign banks in Nigeria and who turn around from there to deposit the money into banks in foreign soil.

PDP is a minority in the Federal Government of Nigeria. It is part of the sovereign government. So why is the Presidential candidate of PDP defending syndicate banks that aid them to steal national wealth?

Whats Atiku's justification in defending HSBC and UBC?

See here....
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-09-17/nigeria-fires-back-at-hsbc-after-bank-criticizes-president

I talk with facts, no nonsense! Respond to me wit facts and logic. cheesy
Atiku is a thief!

You need not say he is a thief. That is a well established fact that can be seen by those who wish to see.
Re: It Is Sad That Two Global Banking Giants Are Leaving Nigeria - Atiku Abubakar by 4Play(m): 10:20am On Nov 06, 2018
Nigeria is doomed given the quality of the arguments here and it reminds me of the movie, Idiocracy https://m.imdb.com/title/tt0387808/

It's also an illustration of the point that a little bit of knowledge is a dangerous thing. With any longstanding major international company, particularly banks, a cursory search on Google will provide news articles linking them to one legal/financial penalty or the other. It will be utterly crass to then argue that one must rejoice anytime a major international company flees Nigeria as this represents victory for the government's purported anti-corruption fight.

Are we seriously saying that Nigeria is too clean and honest for HSBC and UBS to operate by comparison to the UK, China, Singapore, Japan, Germany, e.t.c where these banks are operating? Imagine the brazenness of the idiocy and ignorance it takes to advance these views.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: It Is Sad That Two Global Banking Giants Are Leaving Nigeria - Atiku Abubakar by BENEAMATA: 10:24am On Nov 06, 2018
[quote author=hush15 post=72724286]

YOU THINK ATIKU IS CORRUPT BUT YOU CAN'T TELL TILL YOU SEE HIM THERE .. Look at it from this angle, in order to get a rid of a rabid rotweiller, you dont go and get a puppy. You need something of equal match or slightly stronger . So you are saying only a thief knows how to spot another thief's trail on a path that leaves no footprint ? Hmmn . . . . . But we want a man that will have the cojõnes to go after our looted funds when the ruling party becomes an opposition not another member of commitee of friends of ' looters anonymous ' handling corruption issues as ' inhouse issues ' . And if you think the ruling party ought to procecute even one third of thieves among them , mostly whose loots funded the president's campaign , then you , i must say is on the positive side of naive . And oh , at the quoted in capital letters, if you sincerely think one stupendously rich former custom oga is not in the league of extraordinary looters , you also is extraordimarily naive to put it simply .
Re: It Is Sad That Two Global Banking Giants Are Leaving Nigeria - Atiku Abubakar by jaxxy(m): 10:31am On Nov 06, 2018
jayfolarin:
HSBC (master money launderers) and UBS (Switzerland, Oga patapata of safe havens for looted funds e.g Abacha, babangida etc). Fuckd up banks that have absolutely no use to the common folks on the street.

Besides politicians and oil magnates that constantly seek easy ways to move stollen monies outside nigeria does anyone know of any hardworking Nigerian banking with HSBC or UBS? Buhari might have failed in very many ways but I am MOST happy with how he has made life difficult for the looting and thieving status quo!

PDP and his thieving elites is a NO-NO! Buhari is wayyyyyyyy better than this bastardss.

Sowore and/or Kingsley moghalu is the way to go!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT: for those saying FDI this, FDI that.. this should help you

The US government recently hit HSBC, Europe's largest bank with the biggest anti-money laundering fine in history: a cool 1.9 Billion dollars, along with deferred prosecution, partially docked bonuses and a monitoring overhaul.

cc: horus

While I agree with u on the point that it is a avenue for looters to take away funds and that can be stop with good governance and laws. It is also an avenue for foreign investors to bring in money so don’t blame the bank for ur corrupt officials and governments and don’t take it out the bank aslong as it does what it meant to do.

The bank leaving is not an advantage or a good thing. Sort out ur bad leaderships and looting officials with better laws and governance. That’s all. Even our local banks are used by buharis men for looting is that one more permissible for u now
Re: It Is Sad That Two Global Banking Giants Are Leaving Nigeria - Atiku Abubakar by biometrics: 10:35am On Nov 06, 2018
vedaxcool:

Gbam watch as economic illiterates that cannot point to a single branch of looters HSBC begin to gaytilulate foolishly.

Atiku is sooo daft that he is unaware that HSBC is actually shut down many branches across the world.
It is very hard for thieves to comprehend. They are d one using it to move illicit funds

1 Like 1 Share

Re: It Is Sad That Two Global Banking Giants Are Leaving Nigeria - Atiku Abubakar by UrVillagePpl: 10:36am On Nov 06, 2018
vedaxcool:
[s][/s]

Why not clean gaytiku cum from your eyes and pretend you can reason if it is to please nairaland servers OLODO grin grin

and da award goes toooo

vedaxcooool...

epic savagery..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: It Is Sad That Two Global Banking Giants Are Leaving Nigeria - Atiku Abubakar by Geesaintagape: 10:43am On Nov 06, 2018
Atiku is a centimeter away from aso rock
Re: It Is Sad That Two Global Banking Giants Are Leaving Nigeria - Atiku Abubakar by Reference(m): 10:45am On Nov 06, 2018
Narow minded government typically retorting to its worn sentiment of 'stolen, steal' to berate the facts before it as if all looted assets can replace lost investment. Their jaundiced thinking that a fixed sum is more important than a fluid one. That is why all the recovered money has positively impacted this country abi.

I repeat once again to these people as an adult self made citizen of this country that you can never compare SAVINGS with INVESTMENT and I have never prioritised the collection of debts from clients and customers over market share and expanding productivity. NEVER. Folks steal from individuals, from churches, from businesses, from institutions from NGO's and from governments all over the world all the time. It maybe accentuated in Nigeria as we know by global statistics and must be dealt with in this light but not at the expense of moving forward, growth, expansion and domination. The future is far more important than the past and this dumb government has to realise that.

The loss of investment is bad and the consequences are dire down the line. Every country in the world even those at war seek investment by blood and tears and fervently keep the few they have by all means.

I wish to remind the citizens of Nigeria about what happemed to Venezuela. Today they are literally eating from the garbage bin. Thousands have died from poverty induction. But it didn't start today. The late Hugo Chavez rose to power on the sails of populism, against the backdrop of inequality thought to be caused by Western induced elite corruption. He jailed businessmen in mass and sent others into exile banking on petrodollars to create an utopian welfare state of economic equality. Today despite being in the top ten oil produces churning out much more oil than Nigeria and having a lesser population than Nigeria to feed and cater the economy has tanked. The excuse has now shifted from corruption to the cry of sabotage under his protigy Maduro.

Nigeria can not afford to thumb it's nose at foreign instotutions and think it can survive on its own. No country, even America and China can. They always at the end reach a compromise, swallow pride and get along. Let us do what is right or else...
Re: It Is Sad That Two Global Banking Giants Are Leaving Nigeria - Atiku Abubakar by vedaxcool(m): 10:45am On Nov 06, 2018
UrVillagePpl:

and da award goes toooo

vedaxcooool...

epic savagery..

grin grin grin grin grin grin I am humbled by your acclaim.
Re: It Is Sad That Two Global Banking Giants Are Leaving Nigeria - Atiku Abubakar by orisa37: 10:51am On Nov 06, 2018
APC has destroyed every Business in Nigeria. Atiku will revive the Economy.
Re: It Is Sad That Two Global Banking Giants Are Leaving Nigeria - Atiku Abubakar by hush15: 11:02am On Nov 06, 2018
[quote author=BENEAMATA post=72726278][/quote]

And how has you present government faired in chasing thieves... How long did it take them before they turned it to a political gimmick?

Corruption is not addressed the way its been address in this part of the world! Corruption starts by address systems and ensuring its efficiency.

And if you think Atiku wont prosecute Financial offenders, you are mistakened. Your percieved corruption against Atiku is a mere fabrication of your emotions and sentiments.
Re: It Is Sad That Two Global Banking Giants Are Leaving Nigeria - Atiku Abubakar by Basher8583: 11:11am On Nov 06, 2018
Ole barawo thief
if you know you know

Re: It Is Sad That Two Global Banking Giants Are Leaving Nigeria - Atiku Abubakar by opribo(m): 11:22am On Nov 06, 2018
The choice before us is to either do everything legitimate to ease Bubu away and far from Aso rock or risk the unity of Nigeria.

Unfortunately, Bubu has made up his mind never to go away, so for Bubu it is a do or die. It is the masses versus Bubu.
Re: It Is Sad That Two Global Banking Giants Are Leaving Nigeria - Atiku Abubakar by Nobody: 11:54am On Nov 06, 2018
xbit:
God bless u for speaking the truth. Our youth a blind to see that bc all loop holes for these Banks to carry our stolen money and invest in there own economy they are see the government as economy killer. God will help Nigeria and Africans

Same way they killed Gaddafi and destroyed Libya forever. Africans are foolish.

1 Like

Re: It Is Sad That Two Global Banking Giants Are Leaving Nigeria - Atiku Abubakar by dokie: 12:04pm On Nov 06, 2018
Reference:
Narow minded government typically retorting to its worn sentiment of 'stolen, steal' to berate the facts before it as if all looted assets can replace lost investment. Their jaundiced thinking that a fixed sum is more important than a fluid one. That is why all the recovered money has positively impacted this country abi.

I repeat once again to these people as an adult self made citizen of this country that you can never compare SAVINGS with INVESTMENT and I have never prioritised the collection of debts from clients and customers over market share and expanding productivity. NEVER. Folks steal from individuals, from churches, from businesses, from institutions from NGO's and from governments all over the world all the time. It maybe accentuated in Nigeria as we know by global statistics and must be dealt with in this light but not at the expense of moving forward, growth, expansion and domination. The future is far more important than the past and this dumb government has to realise that.

The loss of investment is bad and the consequences are dire down the line. Every country in the world even those at war seek investment by blood and tears and fervently keep the few they have by all means.

I wish to remind the citizens of Nigeria about what happemed to Venezuela. Today they are literally eating from the garbage bin. Thousands have died from poverty induction. But it didn't start today. The late Hugo Chavez rose to power on the sails of populism, against the backdrop of inequality thought to be caused by Western induced elite corruption. He jailed businessmen in mass and sent others into exile banking on petrodollars to create an utopian welfare state of economic equality. Today despite being in the top ten oil produces churning out much more oil than Nigeria and having a lesser population than Nigeria to feed and cater the economy has tanked. The excuse has now shifted from corruption to the cry of sabotage under his protigy Maduro.

Nigeria can not afford to thumb it's nose at foreign instotutions and think it can survive on its own. No country, even America and China can. They always at the end reach a compromise, swallow pride and get along. Let us do what is right or else...

Look there is nothing on earth you will say that will make buharis supporters understand anything you have written. However for the benefit of those who are undecided its good to explain things. Thumbs up!

Honestly, I think a spell was cast on buharis supporters and handlers. Just imagine the type of comments these guys have been making since the thread started. They are totally empty.

For me I think Nigeria is going to sink if buhari wins again honestly.
Re: It Is Sad That Two Global Banking Giants Are Leaving Nigeria - Atiku Abubakar by biztip: 12:17pm On Nov 06, 2018
many Nigerians are leaving on daily basis. some go to even dreaded countries without minding. buhari has finished Nigeria and he wants to come again una dey here dey defend am

Re: It Is Sad That Two Global Banking Giants Are Leaving Nigeria - Atiku Abubakar by NairaMaster1(m): 12:21pm On Nov 06, 2018
jayfolarin:
HSBC (master money launderers) and UBS (Switzerland, Oga patapata of safe havens for looted funds e.g Abacha, babangida etc). Fuckd up banks that have absolutely no use to the common folks on the street.

Besides politicians and oil magnates that constantly seek easy ways to move stollen monies outside nigeria does anyone know of any hardworking Nigerian banking with HSBC or UBS? Buhari might have failed in very many ways but I am MOST happy with how he has made life difficult for the looting and thieving status quo!

PDP and his thieving elites is a NO-NO! Buhari is wayyyyyyyy better than this bastardss.

Sowore and/or Kingsley moghalu is the way to go!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT: for those saying FDI this, FDI that.. this should help you

cc: horus

They are FDI oriented. HSBC is long in USA. Everyday corruption as if corruption is as huge as pan Ku.

Gush!!
Re: It Is Sad That Two Global Banking Giants Are Leaving Nigeria - Atiku Abubakar by BENEAMATA: 12:30pm On Nov 06, 2018
tiredoflife:

U will not understand
We have seen it happen over and over again
It has nothing to do with grow Nigeria
But for me personally , between these banks and this administration's economy team , i choose the latter anyday . I meam you claim to love us so much that you are predicting an economic nosedive for africa's richest country by Gdp if not currently the fastest growing economy , if the overseers of the afforementioned slow but steady growth are re-elected . I mean , deep down , do you honestly think these guys , who we hear have run foul of some countries' financial rules with subsequent unprecedented fines , are dealing fairly with us ? A third world nation with myriads of loopholes to exploit ? They cheated and conned in the U.S for God's sake .
Re: It Is Sad That Two Global Banking Giants Are Leaving Nigeria - Atiku Abubakar by bossrillboss: 12:45pm On Nov 06, 2018
vanbonattel:

Clean the spittle from your mouth, your foaming in the mouth like an epileptic patient grin
...guy y na.u badt gan.laff wan kill me here o.
Re: It Is Sad That Two Global Banking Giants Are Leaving Nigeria - Atiku Abubakar by Topmaike007(m): 1:44pm On Nov 06, 2018
SarkinYarki:

So much shallowness in the ranks of Buharist
oga forget grammar na lie you dey lie joor

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

40 Reps, 5 Senators Have O’Level Certificates As Their Qualifications / Video Of Abacha's Speech After Shonekan's Resignation Shared By Gumsu Abacha / FFK, Peter Obi And Dino Malaye At Party Coalition (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.