Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,480 members, 7,770,173 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 06:40 AM

My lhasa apso, Beverly is on heat again. - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / My lhasa apso, Beverly is on heat again. (35751 Views)

Hi Guys.. Meet Phoebe And Fendi, My Lhasa Pets / Help! My Lhasa Will Soon Give Birth... I Am Uncomfortable / Diary Of My Lhasa Apso Girl ‘Reuby’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

My lhasa apso, Beverly is on heat again. by Nobody: 4:15pm On Nov 05, 2018
I'm a first time dog owner, decided to get a small sized dog cos I felt they are easier to handle.

She is female and just 6 weeks 5days old(DOB is 19th September 2018). When I brought her home today, it took her just 10 minutes before she started playing with everyone at home, and she is very hyperactive and plays a lot... I was wrong that small dogs are easier cry

I gave her water and gave her cooked indomie with can food(happy chopper chicken). She is currently sleeping in her makeshift play pen with food, water and toys

3 Likes

Re: My lhasa apso, Beverly is on heat again. by Nobody: 5:44pm On Nov 05, 2018
Is it too early to potty train her now?
Re: My lhasa apso, Beverly is on heat again. by space9880: 7:20pm On Nov 05, 2018
Jackofall:
Is it too early to potty train her now?

the earlier the better

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: My lhasa apso, Beverly is on heat again. by Petfarms(f): 9:06pm On Nov 05, 2018
Jackofall:
I'm a first time dog owner, decided to get a small sized dog cos I felt they are easier to handle.

She is female and just 6 weeks 5days old. When I brought her home today, it took her just 10 minutes before she started playing with everyone at home, and she is very hyperactive and plays a lot... I was wrong that small dogs are easier cry

I gave her water and gave her cooked indomie with can food(happy chopper chicken). She is currently sleeping in her makeshift play pen with food, water and toys

Lovely
Re: My lhasa apso, Beverly is on heat again. by Nobody: 9:34pm On Nov 05, 2018
Petfarms:

Lovely

Thanks dear

1 Like

Re: My lhasa apso, Beverly is on heat again. by Nobody: 9:35pm On Nov 05, 2018
space9880:

the earlier the better

Thanks...

If you don't mind, I would like some few tips on potty training a puppy.... smiley
Re: My lhasa apso, Beverly is on heat again. by Nobody: 2:02pm On Nov 06, 2018
Beverly playing with turkey bone this morning... cheesy

Re: My lhasa apso, Beverly is on heat again. by OsuGanja(m): 6:51pm On Nov 06, 2018
Biko update your thread.... It feels like I’m watching myself from the start again... I also own a Lhasa and she’s over a year now

4 Likes

Re: My lhasa apso, Beverly is on heat again. by Nobody: 1:49pm On Nov 07, 2018
OsuGanja:
Biko update your thread.... It feels like I’m watching myself from the start again... I also own a Lhasa and she’s over a year now
OMG, your dog is so fine!!
Is she male or female?

1 Like

Re: My lhasa apso, Beverly is on heat again. by Nobody: 2:06pm On Nov 07, 2018
Today, I woke up around 11am, my sister already took the door to the parlor, I met the dog sleeping and I was worried.

I do think puppies play alot instead of sleeping, Beverly sleeps toooo much... I thought maybe something was wrong with her. So I took to Google and searched for how many times are puppies meant to sleep. I discovered they sleep for 18 - 19 hours...

So I felt relieved.

I also noticed that Beverly eats very small food. I don't understand how she will survive from eating so small..

I feed her rice and canned food yesterday, she eat very little amount of it... So this afternoon, I feed her golden morn and non-diary milk(they said cow Milk is not good for dogs)... and added some drops of vetzyme cod liver oil(for pet) she ate a little.

I have started giving her vetzyme B and E which is a multivitamin/minerals chewable tablets... She liked it when I gave her, luckily for me...

I hope she doesn't react to the non-diary milk tho...

All these dedication of mine is borne out of my love for animals in general, and also I read that owning a pet helps to reduce the likelihood of depression and makes someone a generally happy person...
I plan on selling her puppies when she is of ripe age, man must chop na, you know.... wink

5 Likes

Re: My lhasa apso, Beverly is on heat again. by johnnyn1(m): 3:28pm On Nov 07, 2018
Nice one OP. keep the job going bro.

2 Likes

Re: My lhasa apso, Beverly is on heat again. by Nobody: 7:28pm On Nov 07, 2018
johnnyn1:
Nice one OP.
keep the job going bro.

Thank you..
Re: My lhasa apso, Beverly is on heat again. by Nobody: 10:25pm On Nov 07, 2018
Beverly sleeping in her makeshift cradle...
After a long day of playing with everyone and socializing...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My lhasa apso, Beverly is on heat again. by Nobody: 8:05am On Nov 10, 2018
Just this morning, Beverly woke me up, I decided to play with her a bit, later she lost interest in the play and wanted to go to the parlor, I sense she was hungry, feed her rice, fish and pomo that was when she ate and kept quite...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My lhasa apso, Beverly is on heat again. by kellz0(m): 8:05am On Nov 10, 2018
Bros please I want to get something like this!!
I need your first hand advice on How to go about it!!
Like feeding medication and everything !! I never get English dog before!! lol
Re: My lhasa apso, Beverly is on heat again. by kellz0(m): 8:06am On Nov 10, 2018
Jackofall:
Beverly sleeping in her makeshift cradle...
After a long day of playing with everyone and socializing...
bro!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My lhasa apso, Beverly is on heat again. by Nobody: 9:05am On Nov 10, 2018
kellz0:
bro!!!

hello bro, have we met before?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My lhasa apso, Beverly is on heat again. by kellz0(m): 9:18am On Nov 10, 2018
Jackofall:

hello bro, have we met before?
hey look up baba I asked a question!!!
Re: My lhasa apso, Beverly is on heat again. by Nobody: 2:47pm On Nov 10, 2018
kellz0:
Bros please I want to get something like this!!
I need your first hand advice on How to go about it!!
Like feeding medication and everything !! I never get English dog before!! lol

They are easier to start with, for first time dog owners...

U feed them regular home cooked food, as long as it's not a food that's bad/toxic for dogs (Google it)...
Ur vet will take care of the medication..

I don't know what u mean by English dog.
Re: My lhasa apso, Beverly is on heat again. by kellz0(m): 3:48pm On Nov 10, 2018
Jackofall:

They are easier to start with, for first time dog owners...

U feed them regular home cooked food, as long as it's not a food that's bad/toxic for dogs (Google it)...
Ur vet will take care of the medication..

I don't know what u mean by English dog.
do you spend up to 10k on your own monthly?? Feeding and medications!!
Re: My lhasa apso, Beverly is on heat again. by Nobody: 9:19am On Nov 11, 2018
kellz0:
do you spend up to 10k on your own monthly?? Feeding and medications!!

My puppydog has not used a month with me...

The cost depends on you, if u wld include canned food, it would be higher cost on you.

But the medication is about 5k per months, until 6 months old, when they get medicated quarterly or so....

For food you would spend 1k per week, depending on if u wld feed it formulated food, if not, u won't spend more than you are already spending on yourself for home cooked food.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My lhasa apso, Beverly is on heat again. by Nobody: 12:11pm On Nov 11, 2018
Today is the first day Beverly would be left at home for almost 4 hours. I came back home to find her quietly siting under the table.

She wasn't over excited when I walked in, which means she is learning independence, which is good for a dog. grin

Re: My lhasa apso, Beverly is on heat again. by Nobody: 3:44pm On Nov 12, 2018
Beverly has a very funny way of sleeping. She sleeps like human, upside down, or lying belly down with her legs fully stretched back...

She doesn't eat much if feed home cooked food like indomie, rice, golden morn etc, she has little appetite for them, so today I got her puppy food, diamond puppy, she ate it gladly. I add her cod liver oil and Multivitamin to the dog food soaked in water before feeding her.

1 Like

Re: My lhasa apso, Beverly is on heat again. by Nobody: 11:25am On Nov 13, 2018
So yesterday Beverly had her first case of pseudocoprotasis (that's the name I saw when I googled it), it's a condition where the poop will stick to the hair around her anal region. It was disgusting. It happened overnight and I had to start cleaning the entire room full of stench. She doesn't have diarrhea, her poop was solid, so I didn't understand why that would happen.

It happened twice yesterday, it was the first work concerning her that I hated. The whole house was smelling because she was scooting(using her buttocks to walk, trying to remove the poop from her butt).

I released her from her lease yesterday, she was so happy, agile and extremely playful. She had the energy of a horse, she completely exhausted herself with play. She kept biting me, and wouldn't let me be. She ran after everyone in the house. She destroyed her plastic balls, drank a lot of water and was breathing heavily...

Now she is currently resting after exhaustion.

1 Like

Re: My lhasa apso, Beverly is on heat again. by Nobody: 11:29am On Nov 13, 2018
In this post you will learn tricks and technique on training a dog..
Most people wonder how this is done, some even consider it hard, well that’s why you have me!!
teaching the sit command to your dog is usually quite simple, as dog tends to sit naturally, either requesting for something or trying to please us….
NOTE: One of the most important aspects of training a dog is making sure his attention stays on you.

................lets begin...............
You need to carryout this steps 5-10 min a day,

1. Get your dog’s attention and show him that you have a treat (food)in your hand.
2. hold the treat above his head, not to high he might jump..
3. ......................

click here to continue reading> https://mypupway.com/2018/11/12/the-sit-command/
https://mypupway.com/

drop a comment on the website
Re: My lhasa apso, Beverly is on heat again. by Nobody: 11:28am On Nov 14, 2018
I noticed something about Beverly. Anytime she is playing her bites gets more painful with time, but after feeding her, she starts licking me instead of biting, and when she bites, it gets softer. Like she is telling me young man I'm hungry but still playful, when u feed Mei become playful and very loving.
She can't sleep alone in the parlor, i tried leaving her alone in the parlor last night she cried almost all through the night, I didn't even know, my sister and mum told me the next morning.

Now she follows me everywhere I go. Whenever I leave the parlor even though she was sleeping before, she wakes up to check where I am going. It's like my odor makes her aware of my presence.

She is not scared of the dark at all, she is just scared of me not being around.

4 Likes

Re: My lhasa apso, Beverly is on heat again. by seapson(m): 1:34am On Nov 15, 2018
I lost my dog day before yesterday on my birthday embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: My lhasa apso, Beverly is on heat again. by Nobody: 11:05am On Nov 15, 2018
50 shades of cute.

1 Like

Re: My lhasa apso, Beverly is on heat again. by Nobody: 11:07am On Nov 15, 2018
seapson:
I lost my dog day before yesterday on my birthday embarassed embarassed embarassed

awnnn, I'm sorry to hear that. What happened to her?
Re: My lhasa apso, Beverly is on heat again. by Nobody: 4:26pm On Nov 17, 2018
Dogs are really sophisticated animals, I keep discovering new things about them everyday.

2 Likes

Re: My lhasa apso, Beverly is on heat again. by OsuGanja(m): 9:12pm On Nov 18, 2018
Jackofall:

OMG, your dog is so fine!!
Is she male or female?

My pup is a female... Sorry for the late reply

Re: My lhasa apso, Beverly is on heat again. by Genius20: 11:51pm On Nov 20, 2018
Where can I buy a matured female Lhasa

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Monkey Dressed Up As A Little Girl To Collect Money From Passerby (video) / Man Makes His Dog Clean Up The Mess It Made (Photos) / Two Dogs Foil Bomb Attack At General Hospital Maiduguri (Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.