Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,600 members, 7,809,178 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:15 AM

Help! My Lhasa Will Soon Give Birth... I Am Uncomfortable - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Help! My Lhasa Will Soon Give Birth... I Am Uncomfortable (4853 Views)

Hi Guys.. Meet Phoebe And Fendi, My Lhasa Pets / Diary Of My Lhasa Apso Girl ‘Reuby’ / My lhasa apso, Beverly is on heat again. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! My Lhasa Will Soon Give Birth... I Am Uncomfortable by chocolateme(f): 5:21pm On Sep 25, 2019
Good day pet lovers..
My lhasa apso is 44 days pregnant today.. its her first pregnancy, I pity her too much because of the behavioural changes and all. She is no longer agile and over playful anymore. The eyes I use in seeing her is different now as she look too robust like she is about to burst. I dont know how to handle her now because I am so scared of what she may be passing through right now.
I massage her body every day especially her waist incase she is having waist pain, I pet her ×100 times now, i am always carrying her on my body. give her food, I make her very comfortable, but when she stares at me, I feel like she is communicating that she is uncomfortable with the pregnancy. She is 2 years old .
I can't imagine how to take care of her and her puppies when they come.
Is there any medicine I should give her? Only multivitamins she took at the early stage that's all. Should I continue taking her for a walk?
Anyone with anything to tell me should please so.
A picture of when I bathed her and when I dried her. I have even cut off all the hairs covering her eyes, beard, and trimmed her hairs as she is soooooo hairy just for her to be comfortable.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help! My Lhasa Will Soon Give Birth... I Am Uncomfortable by UniversalDove: 10:52pm On Sep 25, 2019
chocolateme:
Good day pet lovers..
My lhasa apso is 44 days pregnant today.. its her first pregnancy,
since you said she is two years old just be affectionate to your dog. As a dog, the thing it needs most is love. This love can be shown by playing with your dog, going for a walk, playing inside, or just snuggling on the couch. However you like to spend time with your dog, do it, but don't over exercise her ooo cuz pregnancy can be exhausting
Before your dog delivers her pups, she needs a nice, clean, and quiet atmosphere, a proper diet and exercise routine, and proper veterinary care
Pregnant dogs needs high quality food and attention. Just be sure to give it enough attention so that it doesn't get depressed due to loneliness.

I would like to adopt one when she delivers her pup grin .. She's cute and beautiful

1 Like

Re: Help! My Lhasa Will Soon Give Birth... I Am Uncomfortable by chocolateme(f): 7:06am On Sep 26, 2019
UniversalDove:
since you said she is two years old just be affectionate to your dog. As a dog, the thing it needs most is love. This love can be shown by playing with your dog, going for a walk, playing inside, or just snuggling on the couch. However you like to spend time with your dog, do it, but don't over exercise her ooo cuz pregnancy can be exhausting
Before your dog delivers her pups, she needs a nice, clean, and quiet atmosphere, a proper diet and exercise routine, and proper veterinary care
Pregnant dogs needs high quality food and attention. Just be sure to give it enough attention so that it doesn't get depressed due to loneliness.

I would like to adopt one when she delivers her pup grin .. She's cute and beautiful
thank you so much for this, it will go a long way.
But for the food, she has completely refused to eat pedigree and other dog foods. She eats anything I eat even more than me. She likes soup, vegetables mixed with noodles, bread, beans, oats, cornflakes, groundouts, brown part of bread, hot dogs, cow brain mixed with noodles,
even she drinks garri etc. Whenever she is filled, she will lie on that rug and start playing.
Thanks for the encouragement, I will let you know when she delivers.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help! My Lhasa Will Soon Give Birth... I Am Uncomfortable by UniversalDove: 7:24am On Sep 26, 2019
chocolateme:
thank you so much for this, it will go a long way.
But for the food, she has completely refused to eat pedigree and other dog foods.
she needs easily digestible foods and make sure she has easy access to drinking water so she can stay hydrated

1 Like

Re: Help! My Lhasa Will Soon Give Birth... I Am Uncomfortable by chocolateme(f): 7:32am On Sep 26, 2019
UniversalDove:
she needs easily digestible foods and make sure she has easy access to drinking water so she can stay hydrated
ok I will, I always make sure she has water available.. I wash her eating and drinking plates daily too. Thank u so much

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help! My Lhasa Will Soon Give Birth... I Am Uncomfortable by UniversalDove: 4:34pm On Oct 05, 2019
chocolateme:
ok I will, I always make sure she has water available.. I wash her eating and drinking plates daily too. Thank u so much
how's she today...be expecting your pups from now and next week
Re: Help! My Lhasa Will Soon Give Birth... I Am Uncomfortable by chocolateme(f): 6:21pm On Oct 05, 2019
UniversalDove:
how's she today...be expecting your pups from now and next week
smiley smiley yes exactly... today is her day 55. Thanks for checking up on us
Re: Help! My Lhasa Will Soon Give Birth... I Am Uncomfortable by mysticgal(f): 8:21pm On Oct 05, 2019
I can’t wrap my head around getting a dog pregnant.
Is it possible that I would have a dog and she will not get pregnant or if it is a male, I will castrate him?

I can’t deal with men and still deal with a randy brolosho ashewo male dog angry angry. Or an ashewo female angry
Re: Help! My Lhasa Will Soon Give Birth... I Am Uncomfortable by johnnyn1(m): 9:22pm On Oct 05, 2019
How far chocolateme? How’s your lhasa girl?
chocolateme:
smiley smiley yes exactly... today is her day 55. Thanks for checking up on us
Re: Help! My Lhasa Will Soon Give Birth... I Am Uncomfortable by chocolateme(f): 10:58pm On Oct 05, 2019
johnnyn1:
How far chocolateme? How’s your lhasa girl?
my dear.. Kim is fine, I don't know how to make her become accustomed to that whelping box. I have put bed sheets and newspapers in it but she does not always go there every minute, I always force her to stay inside .

1 Like

Re: Help! My Lhasa Will Soon Give Birth... I Am Uncomfortable by Kelvin30286063(m): 8:25am On Oct 06, 2019
chocolateme:
my dear.. Kim is fine, I don't know how to make her become accustomed to that whelping box. I have put bed sheets and newspapers in it but she does not always go there every minute, I always force her to stay inside .
You will have to force her at first but if you don't give up, she will get used to it.
Re: Help! My Lhasa Will Soon Give Birth... I Am Uncomfortable by chocolateme(f): 12:10pm On Oct 06, 2019
Kelvin30286063:

You will have to force her at first but if you don't give up, she will get used to it.
thanks Kelvin.. I got mad at her last night because of it and i angrily beat her too much, she hit head on the box. I felt sorry later and i carried her and said sorry. But she is becoming so annoying, pissing too much too. These are all part of why I am helpless. I will not touch her again. I really felt sad for beating her so bad that I shed tears.
I wish there is someone that can help me with her.
Re: Help! My Lhasa Will Soon Give Birth... I Am Uncomfortable by Kelvin30286063(m): 12:59pm On Oct 06, 2019
chocolateme:
thanks Kelvin.. I got mad at her last night because of it and i angrily beat her too much, she hit head on the box. I felt sorry later and i carried her and said sorry. But she is becoming so annoying, pissing too much too. These are all part of why I am helpless. I will not touch her again. I really felt sad for beating her so bad that I shed tears.
I wish there is someone that can help me with her.
I think you should try to control your anger towards your dog. Dogs are smarter than a lot of people, the only barrier between them and us is the lack of communication. I'm pretty sure your dog will tell you she wants to piss if she can talk so you should think about that before beating her next time. And also consider the fact that she's pregnant and maybe uncomfortable.
As for the new home. Just make it comfortable for her. You can train her by putting her inside the box and telling here 'go home' or 'go to your house'
Keep doing that continuously and you will be surprised.
My dog has her corner, whenever she's annoying me and I tell her 'go to your corner' sue goes there and sit... Then I tell her 'stay there' for her to know that she shouldn't come back. grin

1 Like

Re: Help! My Lhasa Will Soon Give Birth... I Am Uncomfortable by chocolateme(f): 1:37pm On Oct 06, 2019
Kelvin30286063:

I think you should try to control your anger towards your dog. Dogs are smarter than a lot of people, the only barrier between them and us is the lack of communication. I'm pretty sure your dog will tell you she wants to piss if she can talk so you should think about that before beating her next time. And also consider the fact that she's pregnant and maybe uncomfortable.
As for the new home. Just make it comfortable for her. You can train her by putting her inside the box and telling here 'go home' or 'go to your house'
Keep doing that continuously and you will be surprised.
My dog has her corner, whenever she's annoying me and I tell her 'go to your corner' sue goes there and sit... Then I tell her 'stay there' for her to know that she shouldn't come back. grin
awww!! Your dog is cool. Thanks a lot, I will not beat her again.
Re: Help! My Lhasa Will Soon Give Birth... I Am Uncomfortable by johnnyn1(m): 7:40pm On Oct 06, 2019
She’s gonna be fine dear..
Just relax.. even if she litter elsewhere, move them to the box. She would understand that.
chocolateme:

1 Like

Re: Help! My Lhasa Will Soon Give Birth... I Am Uncomfortable by chocolateme(f): 10:20pm On Oct 06, 2019
johnnyn1:

She’s gonna be fine dear..
Just relax.. even if she litter elsewhere, move them to the box. She would understand that.
my johnnyn1 thanks. Will do that.

1 Like

Re: Help! My Lhasa Will Soon Give Birth... I Am Uncomfortable by johnnyn1(m): 10:40pm On Oct 06, 2019
smiley smiley..Would post a WhatsApp group link for lhasa owners.
You may care to join.
chocolateme:
my johnnyn1 thanks. Will do that.
Re: Help! My Lhasa Will Soon Give Birth... I Am Uncomfortable by chocolateme(f): 10:42pm On Oct 06, 2019
johnnyn1:
smiley smiley..Would post a WhatsApp group link for lhasa owners.
You may care to join.
yes yea yea please I would like to join thanks

1 Like

Re: Help! My Lhasa Will Soon Give Birth... I Am Uncomfortable by johnnyn1(m): 10:59pm On Oct 06, 2019
chat me up on WhatsApp on 08149848384..
Link is on my signature

chocolateme:
yes yea yea please I would like to join thanks
Re: Help! My Lhasa Will Soon Give Birth... I Am Uncomfortable by chocolateme(f): 11:09pm On Oct 06, 2019
johnnyn1:
chat me up on WhatsApp on 08149848384..
Link is on my signature

done that

1 Like

Re: Help! My Lhasa Will Soon Give Birth... I Am Uncomfortable by johnnyn1(m): 6:38am On Oct 07, 2019
Cool.
Added already
chocolateme:
done that

1 Like

Re: Help! My Lhasa Will Soon Give Birth... I Am Uncomfortable by Perkins1: 11:25pm On Oct 07, 2019
I wouldn't mind to come help you watch and deliver her when she's due.
But all the same, just don't get scared and overwhelmed when she starts her litter. Be with her to ensure you remove the puppies from her to a bowl covering them with warmth till you can return them to her for breastfeeding. Ensure Kim eats fast digestive food, she might throw up as she whelps. In all these..... Do not panic. Whatever you do when she's happy, do it with her.

Mind you at birth, Lhasa Puppies are just a little bigger than rats grin. So no fear when you see them o. That's not how stars do cool

2 Likes

Re: Help! My Lhasa Will Soon Give Birth... I Am Uncomfortable by johnnyn1(m): 3:18am On Oct 08, 2019
cheesy cheesy That’s how stars ⭐️ do
Perkins1:
But all the same, just don't get scared and overwhelmed when she starts her litter. Be with her to ensure you remove the puppies from her to a bowl covering them with warmth till you can return them to her for breastfeeding. Ensure Kim eats fast digestive food, she might throw up as she whelps. In all these..... Do not panic. Whatever you do when she's happy, do it with her.

Mind you at birth, Lhasa Puppies are just a little bigger than rats grin. So no fear when you see them o. That's not how stars do cool
Re: Help! My Lhasa Will Soon Give Birth... I Am Uncomfortable by chocolateme(f): 10:22pm On Oct 08, 2019
Perkins1:

wow!! This is the height of fear you just struck into me...did you just wrote that I should remove the puppies from her? How please? I know all these birth videos are online but I am too nervous to watch any. You mean like I should pull out the puppy from her bumbum when they are half way? What if she starts delivery at midnight when I am sleeping? Must I assist her?
Re: Help! My Lhasa Will Soon Give Birth... I Am Uncomfortable by chocolateme(f): 10:23pm On Oct 08, 2019
Perkins1:

Re: Help! My Lhasa Will Soon Give Birth... I Am Uncomfortable by dewhaley: 1:26pm On Oct 09, 2019
I think you should put the litter box at the Corner you normally tell her to go to when you scold her... Moreover lhasa dogs are generally fragile, so you have to be watchful since she may whelp anyime from now.
Beautiful dog by the way, let me know when she does, I'll like to adopt one, and if it's to buy it from you, all good...
Re: Help! My Lhasa Will Soon Give Birth... I Am Uncomfortable by Perkins1: 9:41pm On Oct 09, 2019
chocolateme:
wow!! This is the height of fear you just struck into me...did you just wrote that I should remove the puppies from her? How please? I know all these birth videos are online but I am too nervous to watch any. You mean like I should pull out the puppy from her bumbum when they are half way? What if she starts delivery at midnight when I am sleeping? Must I assist her?

No no Chocolate no be so. You don't have to drag it out of her. She will push them out and thus you will remove them from her because she might step on them or lay on them thereby snuffing the life out of them.
This is not time to sleep at all, be watchful as a serpent cheesy. Pay close attention to her less you might lose the puppies to cold or after birth disease. Just ensure you are aware and like I always say.... DONT BE SCARED OR NERVOUS. A friend of mine lost 11 (9 Female 2 Male) Beorbeol puppies because he was too afraid to go close to his dog while she whelps, till today the dog has refused to get pregnant (after 2 years now).
I'm not trying to overwhelm you my dear, I'm only trying to make you ready to all that stress. You'll be glad you did. Meanwhile, even if I can't get a pup, just name one after me cool

1 Like

Re: Help! My Lhasa Will Soon Give Birth... I Am Uncomfortable by chocolateme(f): 7:19am On Oct 10, 2019
Perkins1:

No no Chocolate no be so. You don't have to drag it out of her. She will push them out and thus you will remove them from her because she might step on them or lay on them thereby snuffing the life out of them.
This is not time to sleep at all, be watchful as a serpent cheesy. Pay close attention to her less you might lose the puppies to cold or after birth disease. Just ensure you are aware and like I always say.... DONT BE SCARED OR NERVOUS. A friend of mine lost 11 (9 Female 2 Male) Beorbeol puppies because he was too afraid to go close to his dog while she whelps, till today the dog has refused to get pregnant (after 2 years now).
I'm not trying to overwhelm you my dear, I'm only trying to make you ready to all that stress. You'll be glad you did. Meanwhile, even if I can't get a pup, just name one after me cool
awww... thanks perkins. I will definitely name one after you. Perkins 1. Big huggg

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

The Tongue Of A Tiger Vs Woman / Best pet deal for today - 2 years old Pitbull for giveaway (conditions apply) / Sars'..my Powerful Girl

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.