Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,204 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:40 PM

My lhasa apso, Beverly is on heat again. - Pets (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / My lhasa apso, Beverly is on heat again. (36295 Views)

Hi Guys.. Meet Phoebe And Fendi, My Lhasa Pets / Help! My Lhasa Will Soon Give Birth... I Am Uncomfortable / Diary Of My Lhasa Apso Girl ‘Reuby’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My lhasa apso, Beverly is on heat again. by Nobody: 6:58pm On Jul 26, 2019
Same result no ferning although her bleeding has reduced drastically
Re: My lhasa apso, Beverly is on heat again. by Nobody: 12:11pm On Jul 28, 2019
For the past week now I have noticed changes in Beverly's behavior. Anytime I am stroking her back she aches it . She doesn't do this before her heat started. And she is cleaning after herself more often now than before.

1 Like

Re: My lhasa apso, Beverly is on heat again. by Nobody: 6:32pm On Jul 28, 2019
Something very interesting happened today. When I got back from church with my sister, we both entered the house, but it was me that Beverly greeted the most, she followed me everywhere I went to in the house , she was so excited to see me as if I was gone for years. I was in a bad mood when I got back but her happiness cheered me up. grin

6 Likes

Re: My lhasa apso, Beverly is on heat again. by tobilavish(m): 8:37pm On Jul 28, 2019
She missed you alot

1 Like

Re: My lhasa apso, Beverly is on heat again. by Nobody: 12:50am On Aug 02, 2019
I'm not even seeing any bleeding anymore , so I will assume it stopped yesterday completely 31st of July 2019. I should be expecting ferning any day from now because after the blooding discharge , the next phase is standing heat(straw discharge) which is when her hormones starts skyrocketing and cause the ferning due to increased levels of electrolytes in her saliva.

1 Like

Re: My lhasa apso, Beverly is on heat again. by Nobody: 1:38pm On Aug 03, 2019
You know how they use to say that dogs become more vocal when in heat, I have been noticing it in my dog and it's just annoying.

She barks at nothing now. She will just start barking for any little reason, like if someone opens the door. Not always tho , because I have trained my dog to be silent most of the time.

Since I got my dog I noticed among all the family members it's only my mum that make her bark anytime she comes home before she sees her. If it's me or my sister coming home , she won't bark before seeing us , but she is would bark if it's my mum approaching before she sees her. Maybe because my mum is always stressed and in a bad mood anytime she is coming home I just don't understand or maybe because Beverly has been primed to not like her because when I first got Beverly my mum doesn't like dogs generally so she always avoid the dog and showing negative energy towards the dog , so the dog has been primed not to like her. Even tho Beverly gets happy the moment she sees my mum, she will start bark as it she doesn't know who is approaching before seeing my mum.

Priming is a psychological conditioning in which first impression influences future interaction with the object. No matter what the object does to change such first impression, it still goes on to influence future interactions somehow, someway.

4 Likes

Re: My lhasa apso, Beverly is on heat again. by Nobody: 9:07pm On Aug 07, 2019
Sometimes when I'm working on my laptop , my Lhasa would be sitted behind the PC just looking at my direction, without doing anything else. As if she is saying "I will just sit here and be admiring your beauty and magnificence while you do whatever it is you are doing with that strange object with light coming out of it"

Could my Lhasa be in love with me? She can be looking at me for 30minutes without moving away.

4 Likes

Re: My lhasa apso, Beverly is on heat again. by Nobody: 8:29pm On Aug 11, 2019
Some months ago when Beverly was still less than 6 months old , she was so restless. I remember asking on petshop plus Whatsapp group if my lhasa would ever stop biting me anytime I'm playing with her. I thought I was going to have to live with her that way forever.

Now Guess what? She is the most mellow lhasa ever. I can rub her head vigorously, rub all over her body , carry her like a baby , hug her , put my hand inside her mouth , make her do as if she is dancing and whatnot. The first day she allowed me to cuddle her without biting me I cuddled the living hell out of her that she started to pull away from me. But I didn't let her be because I have suffered from her teeth for long , I am just harvesting.

5 Likes

Re: My lhasa apso, Beverly is on heat again. by Toju200(m): 9:10am On Aug 12, 2019
Jackofall:
Some months ago when Beverly was still less than 6 months old , she was so restless. I remember asking on petshop plus Whatsapp group if my lhasa would ever stop biting me anytime I'm playing with her. I thought I was going to have to live with her that way forever.

Now Guess what? She is the most mellow lhasa ever. I can rub her head vigorously, rub all over her body , carry her like a baby , hug her , put my hand inside her mouth , make her do as if she is dancing and whatnot. The first day she allowed me to cuddle her without biting me I cuddled the living hell out of her that she started to pull away from me. But I didn't let her be because I have suffered from her teeth for long , I am just harvesting.
pls wat food do u give ur lhasa apso mine eats little amount of the dry food (Bingo) though my new Caucasian pup consumes it In less than a week I bought last week Thursday and it's almost finished grin
Re: My lhasa apso, Beverly is on heat again. by Nobody: 11:42am On Aug 12, 2019
Toju200:
pls wat food do u give ur lhasa apso mine eats little amount of the dry food (Bingo) though my new Caucasian pup consumes it In less than a week I bought last week Thursday and it's almost finished grin

Diamond puppy and fidog petty. But she prefers home cooked food. I just mix everything up for her.

1 Like

Re: My lhasa apso, Beverly is on heat again. by Toju200(m): 12:08pm On Aug 12, 2019
Jackofall:

Diamond puppy and fidog petty. But she prefers home cooked food. I just mix everything up for her.
Alright thanks
Re: My lhasa apso, Beverly is on heat again. by Nobody: 8:50am On Aug 16, 2019
Some days ago I got to see Beverly play fully with another lhasa , it was fun while it lasted and I recorded the videos until a little accident happened, the owner of the other lhasa accidentally bumbed into my lhasa while she was chasing me. She cried and bled from her left nostril for few seconds. I was scared tho because I know how injury in the face can be very dangerous, as this is my field .

Anyway she is alright and fine.

So yesterday when I got back from a journey, beverly was super excited to see me as usual. I decided to introduce a new game to her which confused her. Usually the games I play with her are predictable and well defined.

This one involves me trying to catch her while she gives short burst of racing from one end of the sofa to the other, she never runs until I run towards her, that was the single rule. But this time I decided to try something different, I didn't run towards her so she didn't run either , she just focused on me and was having some fasciculations ( little muscle twitches) as if she is ready to race at a moment's notice, but didn't get the signal from me to run. It was so funny to watch. I just moved slowly towards her , when I got close enough to her , she started moving her tail slowly as if to say "errrmmm whats going on here?"

5 Likes

Re: My lhasa apso, Beverly is on heat again. by Nobody: 10:19pm On Aug 28, 2019
Some months ago when Beverly was still very small, she only cuddles up to me willingly whenever I'm eating, that was her way of bribing me, she would just place her head on my lap while I'm eating and be giving me the puppy face wink

But now when I'm eating she doesn't do that she just stares from a distance until I give her something. Then she comes to me for cuddles on her own when I'm not eating. She is so mellow and chill now unlike before.

5 Likes

Re: My lhasa apso, Beverly is on heat again. by fowlyansh181(m): 10:59pm On Aug 28, 2019
Toju200:
i have both combination, Lhasa and a full breed Caucasian , my Lhasa uses close to 7months to finish his bag of diamond that’s just about 5kg... my Caucasian used a month to finish about 15kg bag of diamond ... Lhasa eats small quantity but their is a trick I used .. if serving dry food, break a single raw egg in it and stir them together in her plate then serve her, she’ll consume everything ... no need stressing to feed the cauc like that, those beast eat anything edible.

3 Likes

Re: My lhasa apso, Beverly is on heat again. by OsaroKennel: 6:17am On Aug 30, 2019
Jackofall:
I took Beverly out for photoshot at roughly 9 months of age.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNO6c3rnTHw

Aww..cute pet you have there! Lhasas are just so cute. The kind of attention and admirations you get when you take them out for a walk.

Good job man!

3 Likes

Re: My lhasa apso, Beverly is on heat again. by Nobody: 1:38pm On Sep 01, 2019
OsaroKennel:

Aww..cute pet you have there! Lhasas are just so cute. The kind of attention and admirations you get when you take them out for a walk.

Good job man!

Thanks for the feedback bro .I appreciate it.

2 Likes

Re: My lhasa apso, Beverly is on heat again. by Nobody: 1:45pm On Sep 01, 2019
My dog guard instinct has really kicked in a lot. If anyone knocks/open the gate , she would start barking really loudly for about 10 minutes as if she wants to go and fight the person , and I made sure I socialize her very well to different people, different places and different noises when she was still a young pup. Now she is always barking extremely loudly and aggressively, and when she finally sees whoever was opening the gate even if she doesn't know the person she would start playing with the person. One would expect her to attack the person with her persistent and loud barks.

She was never this bad before. It was when she entered her first heat that she started behaving like this. She is 11months+ old now.

I'm moving to my personal apartment very soon, other people are living in the same compound and I would NOT want a dog that would be scaring my neighbors so they don't report to the landlady that the dog is disturbing. I followed everything to the book in raising her the way a dog should be raised (I did read several books on how to raise a puppy to be a happy and complete dog and I followed every advice I got)

so what do I do now to prevent disturbance because I would be bringing my dog into my new apartment soon.

2 Likes

Re: My lhasa apso, Beverly is on heat again. by Nobody: 11:38am On Sep 04, 2019
So I got a tip from someone who owns a Samoyed (not Eskimo). She told me anytime she starts barking I should startle her by hitting a folded newspaper on a hard surface. I just started using her tips and it's working like magic.

Anytime she barks I hit the newspaper and she looks at me and stops barking after which I praise her for not barking.

I'm so happy I found a solution to this. I would continue to do this until she unlearns that annoying habit.

4 Likes

Re: My lhasa apso, Beverly is on heat again. by tobilavish(m): 11:44am On Sep 04, 2019
oooh brilliance **

1 Like

Re: My lhasa apso, Beverly is on heat again. by Toju200(m): 12:19pm On Sep 04, 2019
Jackofall:
My dog guard instinct has really kicked in a lot. If anyone knocks/open the gate , she would start barking really loudly for about 10 minutes as if she wants to go and fight the person , and I made sure I socialize her very well to different people, different places and different noises when she was still a young pup. Now she is always barking extremely loudly and aggressively, and when she finally sees whoever was opening the gate even if she doesn't know the person she would start playing with the person. One would expect her to attack the person with her persistent and loud barks.

She was never this bad before. It was when she entered her first heat that she started behaving like this. She is 11months+ old now.

I'm moving to my personal apartment very soon, other people are living in the same compound and I would NOT want a dog that would be scaring my neighbors so they don't report to the landlady that the dog is disturbing. I followed everything to the book in raising her the way a dog should be raised (I did read several books on how to raise a puppy to be a happy and complete dog and I followed every advice I got)

so what do I do now to prevent disturbance because I would be bringing myself dog into my new apartment soon.
that's the way my lhasa apso (Rico) does too..if u dare knock at the gate it's trouble even if I say it's okay he will continue until the person leaves or I take him inside.My Caucasian male pup(Spark) hardly does that only when he sees Rico barking for a bit longer dats when he reacts.My Caucasian pup is always aggressive to one of my friends two year old Samoyed male why
Re: My lhasa apso, Beverly is on heat again. by Nobody: 12:51pm On Sep 04, 2019
Toju200:
that's the way my lhasa apso (Rico) does too..if u dare knock at the gate it's trouble even if I say it's okay he will continue until the person leaves or I take him inside.My Caucasian male pup(Spark) hardly does that only when he sees Rico barking for a bit longer dats when he reacts.My Caucasian pup is always aggressive to one of my friends two year old Samoyed male why

Ohhh okay I have updated the solution I found tho.

There is no way I'm going to know why your cauc is aggressive to a Samoyed, without giving any details undecided
Re: My lhasa apso, Beverly is on heat again. by Toju200(m): 1:45pm On Sep 04, 2019
Jackofall:

Ohhh okay I have updated the solution I found tho.

There is no way I'm going to know why your cauc is aggressive to a Samoyed, without giving any details undecided
.the Samoyed (male) called jayboy around 2yrs.alway Chase and bites people so on Friday this Samoyed and it's owner tried to threaten me and chased me to my compound.seemed like my Caucasian pup(Spark) knew what was going on cos he heard the barking outside immediately he saw jayboy chasing me He came out like a hungry lion seeking for whom to devour grin my Male Lhasa apso(Rico) was the first one to come out to protect me...I was shocked like wow see small Rico oo.. grin but I was even more suprised to see spark in a very super aggressive mode even the Jayboy owner ran away...I tried calming spark down but he didn't all he wanted was to teach Jayboy a lesson it was until I called Rico to order and leased spark that the atmosphere then began cooling down... Perhaps spark is trying to be protective but he hardly barks at other dogs only and mostly Jayboy

4 Likes

Re: My lhasa apso, Beverly is on heat again. by johnnyn1(m): 6:25pm On Sep 04, 2019
Beverly oo cheesy
Jackofall:
So I got a tip from someone who owns a Samoyed (not Eskimo). She told me anytime she starts barking I should startle her by hitting a folded newspaper on a hard surface. I just started using her tips and it's working like magic.

Anytime she barks I hit the newspaper and she looks at me and stops barking after which I praise her for not barking.

I'm so happy I found a solution to this. I would continue to do this until she unlearns that annoying habit.

1 Like

Re: My lhasa apso, Beverly is on heat again. by johnnyn1(m): 6:31pm On Sep 04, 2019
Lhasa are another kinda pet. Mine would be barking at almost 2years old Ekuke that stays nearby. As if they can actually fight cheesy wink grin.
Lhasa are just too loving.
Toju200:
.the Samoyed (male) called jayboy around 2yrs.alway Chase and bites people so on Friday this Samoyed and it's owner tried to threaten me and chased me to my compound.seemed like my Caucasian pup(Spark) knew what was going on cos he heard the barking outside immediately he saw jayboy chasing me He came out like a hungry lion seeking for whom to devour grin my Male Lhasa apso(Rico) was the first one to come out to protect me...I was shocked like wow see small Rico oo.. grin but I was even more suprised to see spark in a very super aggressive mode even the Jayboy owner ran away...I tried calming spark down but he didn't all he wanted was to teach Jayboy a lesson it was until I called Rico to order and leased spark that the atmosphere then began cooling down... Perhaps spark is trying to be protective but he hardly barks at other dogs only and mostly Jayboy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My lhasa apso, Beverly is on heat again. by Nobody: 11:35am On Sep 05, 2019
Toju200:

There you have it. Spark was/is protecting you.

2 Likes

Re: My lhasa apso, Beverly is on heat again. by Nobody: 12:48am On Sep 06, 2019
Today would be the last day in a long time she would sleep in her home, and something strange happened this night. I think something bit her and she was restless , running around trying to scratch her back and then me checking to see if there is anything in her hair, but found nothing. Then she went into an old room and just stayed there. After which I took her out of the room and brought her into her usual room, but she refused to sleep on the cold floor she normally sleeps in, wanting to climb the bed , I think she was scared of sleeping on the floor fearing that what bit her would bite her again. Anyway , she ended up sleeping on the bed for the first time .

Why has this chosen to happen today? undecided I don't know. Let's watch and see.

Lhasa apso are so damn fragile .... Any little discomfort/pain they literarily scream and run around or maybe it's just mine that happens to be extremely fidgety.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My lhasa apso, Beverly is on heat again. by Nobody: 10:15pm On Sep 06, 2019
Today was the most stressful day for me in a very long time.

I took beverly to my new apartment today in a public transport (how I wish I have my own car). Coupled with her load that I was carrying too, mehn she was just crying as if someone wants to kill her. She hated staying inside the dog carrier but that's the reason I bought it for her. She kept scratching and crying so loudly everybody was just staring at us wondering what was going on. It was frustrating and infuriating, Beverly was acting like a very spoilt child , like what the Bleep mehn.

Shit con hold me for road again undecided when we almost got to my apartment Beverly now increased the volume of her screaming to times 10. Even my sister that accompanied me she wouldn't stop crying when she took her out of her carier until I carried her myself that was when she stopped crying undecided God why??! cry She wants only me or nobody. I don't understand her attachment to me.

I told my sister that she doesnt groom Beverly take her for walks , play chase fetch etc with her and feed her like I do that's why beverly wasn't attached to her or maybe she is just meant to be attached to just one person. If something bad happen to me nko? She go die ni? undecided

See I'm tired of speaking grammar broken lon le she. Even when I got to my apartment she wouldn't let me do my work in peace , one minutes of staying outside to do laundry she don dey cry, which kind wahala be this , she I wan dey carry u everywhere I go like pikin wey dey suck breast? undecided

I ignored her several times if she is going to survive she has to start learning independence and becoming more disciplined.

I know some of you might say it's my fault I was the one that spoilt her. I would tell you it's not totally my fault because as much as I try to make her disciplined my siblings/mum keeps tarnishing my effort by rewarding bad behaviors when I am not around or doing things that makes her a spoilt brat . Now that I am alone with her it's serious business now, the rules will change and be strictly followed at that.

No more selecting food cos she would eat once daily(she is almost a year old now) , no more unnecessary barking(the technique I talked about) and also I am going to discipline myself too... Nobody to tarnish my efforts this time around.

Very soon I would groom her Sha.

Abeg which professional groomer dey this ibadan? I don't want someone that calls himself a groomer I want a professional groomer that actually has something to show. That is I would like to see previous works(pictures and videos) because I cannot pay 10k for my dog to be ugly kojo mehnn

Anyway I got mixed reactions from neighbors. The one beside me doesn't seem to care but it's like he doesn't like dogs just tryin to act cool, telling me landlady might complain , told him landlady already knows. I was so happy when the "richest" guy in my compound said he loves dog, that's where Beverly would be going to to play and stuff when I'm not around. The guy has the biggest flat in the compound and I'm glad he likes Beverly. grin

I'm really scared right now, this is a lot on my hands I just hope nothing bad happens to Beverly and I hope I would not regret bringing her along with me. sad

3 Likes

Re: My lhasa apso, Beverly is on heat again. by OsaroKennel: 3:37pm On Sep 07, 2019
johnnyn1:
Lhasa are another kinda pet. Mine would be barking at almost 2years old Ekuke that stays nearby. As if they can actually fight cheesy wink grin.
Lhasa are just too loving.

Hahahaha..their boldness is on another level

1 Like

Re: My lhasa apso, Beverly is on heat again. by Nobody: 1:10am On Sep 08, 2019
I'm so happy she no longer barks whenever i leave her in the room, I trained her by leaving the room several times and entering until she was used to me leaving the room and not thinking I'm abandoning her.

She also held her stool until I took her out for a brief run...

Everything is going on well for now and I hope it continues this way.

2 Likes

Re: My lhasa apso, Beverly is on heat again. by OsuGanja(m): 8:32am On Sep 08, 2019
Jackofall:
Today was the most stressful day for me in a very long time.

I took beverly to my new apartment today in a public transport (how I wish I have my own car). Coupled with her load that I was carrying too, mehn she was just crying as if someone wants to kill her. She hated staying inside the dog carrier but that's the reason I bought it for her. She kept scratching and crying so loudly everybody was just staring at us wondering what was going on. It was frustrating and infuriating, Beverly was acting like a very spoilt child , like what the Bleep mehn.

Shit con hold me for road again undecided when we almost got to my apartment Beverly now increased the volume of her screaming to times 10. Even my sister that accompanied me she wouldn't stop crying when she took her out of her carier until I carried her myself that was when she stopped crying undecided God why??! cry She wants only me or nobody. I don't understand her attachment to me.

I told my sister that she doesnt groom Beverly take her for walks , play chase fetch etc with her and feed her like I do that's why beverly wasn't attached to her or maybe she is just meant to be attached to just one person. If something bad happen to me nko? She go die ni? undecided

See I'm tired of speaking grammar broken lon le she. Even when I got to my apartment she wouldn't let me do my work in peace , one minutes of staying outside to do laundry she don dey cry, which kind wahala be this , she I wan dey carry u everywhere I go like pikin wey dey suck breast? undecided

I ignored her several times if she is going to survive she has to start learning independence and becoming more disciplined.

I know some of you might say it's my fault I was the one that spoilt her. I would tell you it's not totally my fault because as much as I try to make her disciplined my siblings/mum keeps tarnishing my effort by rewarding bad behaviors when I am not around or doing things that makes her a spoilt brat . Now that I am alone with her it's serious business now, the rules will change and be strictly followed at that.

No more selecting food cos she would eat once daily(she is almost a year old now) , no more unnecessary barking(the technique I talked about) and also I am going to discipline myself too... Nobody to tarnish my efforts this time around.

Very soon I would groom her Sha.

Abeg which professional groomer dey this ibadan? I don't want someone that calls himself a groomer I want a professional groomer that actually has something to show. That is I would like to see previous works(pictures and videos) because I cannot pay 10k for my dog to be ugly kojo mehnn

Anyway I got mixed reactions from neighbors. The one beside me doesn't seem to care but it's like he doesn't like dogs just tryin to act cool, telling me landlady might complain , told him landlady already knows. I was so happy when the "richest" guy in my compound said he loves dog, that's where Beverly would be going to to play and stuff when I'm not around. The guy has the biggest flat in the compound and I'm glad he likes Beverly. grin

I'm really scared right now, this is a lot on my hands I just hope nothing bad happens to Beverly and I hope I would not regret bringing her along with me. sad

Hello bro,its nice to see you updating this thread very well....About the grooming i know i told you about doggylounge ?HE IS THE BEST cos when he groomed my lhasa i fell in love with her again,but now you are in Ib it might be a bit hard but i can try to help i guess,if you ready for grooming make i know and then about your new compound,no dull am o,most people will show you and your dog fake love till they can buy her turkey and mix it with sniper or rat poison,i am extremely careful about people who live with or near my dogs...Nobody sure o make you open eyes well,i anything should happen to your dog i go vex o

3 Likes

Re: My lhasa apso, Beverly is on heat again. by Nobody: 9:52pm On Sep 13, 2019
OsuGanja:

Hello bro,its nice to see you updating this thread very well....About the grooming i know i told you about doggylounge ?HE IS THE BEST cos when he groomed my lhasa i fell in love with her again,but now you are in Ib it might be a bit hard but i can try to help i guess,if you ready for grooming make i know and then about your new compound,no dull am o,most people will show you and your dog fake love till they can buy her turkey and mix it with sniper or rat poison,i am extremely careful about people who live with or near my dogs...Nobody sure o make you open eyes well,i anything should happen to your dog i go vex o

Thanks for your advice bro I appreciate it.

1 Like

Re: My lhasa apso, Beverly is on heat again. by Nobody: 9:57pm On Sep 13, 2019
So Beverly has learnt the art and science of autocunnilingus and has began performing it frequently now, it's like a teenager that has just began exploring sexual aspects of herself for the first time. She does it so frequently now it's like it's intoxicating her. Her leg shakes and her body vibrates whenever she performs it.

Well at least that's one way of keeping herself busy when I'm not around. wink

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Ghana National Dog Show / Man Pastes Obituary Of His Late Dog In Ghana (Photos) / Pics From Ongoing Rott Weiler Mating.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.