Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,753 members, 7,820,611 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:10 PM

Blame It On The Money - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Blame It On The Money (342 Views)

ACT 1 Scene 2: The Gods Are Not To Blame By Ola Rotimi / Blame It On The Pain (episode 1) / Why I No Longer Blame Nollywood For Their Graphics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Blame It On The Money by Emmiasky(m): 3:30pm On Nov 06, 2018
Look at our daughters
They now show no ill in laying with men old as their fathers
Look at our sons
Nothing is holding them back from scamming the green people with their bad brain and laptops

Look at our mothers, fathers, the young men and alike; women,
They now have no time for their own children,
Everyone is too busy searching for just one thing,
And that is known as MONEY!

Why will a lady lay with a dog?
Or why’ll she prefer to be known in the environ as a hog?
Is it not just for one thing?
They choose to sell their body?

Why will a schooler choose to become a drop-out with no good passion?
But he’s trying to boycott hardships and hardwork
He’ll just join the bad gang
And will receive money off stealing from the innocent man

He’ll swerve off money from the fleeceable parents
And to all their good, he’ll put an end
He’s not retarded
He just wants the wealth; in anyway it comes and at whatsoever cost, he cares less!

Blame it on the money,
What is ours is now owning us,
And we still show no remorse,
As even today, some of your sons and daughters are still singing this MONEY SONG!

©Emmiasky Ojex

Visit me via /emmiasky

Re: Blame It On The Money by Ilawless(m): 5:17pm On Nov 06, 2018
Beautiful story.
Biko I'm that writer that decided to bring the future for books a little closer to the 21st century.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7KVEI2uWIk. Don't forget to drop your reviews, criticism, suggestions and opinions on social media with the hashtag #vbook. Don't forget to subscribe and tell a friend so we can make history together.

1 Like

Re: Blame It On The Money by Emmiasky(m): 12:43pm On Nov 13, 2018
Ilawless:
Beautiful story.
Biko I'm that writer that decided to bring the future for books a little closer to the 21st century.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7KVEI2uWIk. Don't forget to drop your reviews, criticism, suggestions and opinions on social media with the hashtag #vbook. Don't forget to subscribe and tell a friend so we can make history together.

I love your work dear friend, let's connect.

(1) (Reply)

Frank Spencer, The Carpenter / The Story Of A Brother Efosa ( A Poem Though) / Do You Need A Job?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.