Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,075 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:59 AM

Struggling - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Struggling (335 Views)

Surah Duha & Struggling With Low Mood & Depression (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Struggling by Tife99: 5:26pm On Nov 06, 2018
Do any of you struggle with your faith? How do you keep up your faith when life gets in the way? Does anyone have any advice holding steadfast to Islam when life gets busy?

Thank you.
Re: Struggling by ModestGal(f): 1:45am On Nov 07, 2018
Tife99:
Do any of you struggle with your faith? How do you keep up your faith when life gets in the way? Does anyone have any advice holding steadfast to Islam when life gets busy?

Thank you.
Yes, it happens to almost all of us, there are times we get so lost in the world, there are Prayers you can be saying and also try and get close to Muslims that are deeper than you, and will keep reminding you each time you are getting lost in the world

1 Like

Re: Struggling by ModestGal(f): 2:03am On Nov 07, 2018
Tife99:

Thank you.
And also one if the things that helps me is my recitation of Qur'an. I have found love in reciting Qur'an and listening to it. And I made Qarri Abdul Basit my favorite. I am this kind of person that is very gentle, and I have a very good heart as well as I don't fight/look for trouble, and even if someone look for my trouble I will just keep mute but I have a problem, when people overdo things till am hurt so much, I can go so angry with the person and the quarrel is usually the type I won't want to have anything to do with the person in this life again. I will have made up this in my mind, but each time I listen to the Qur'an by Qari Abdul basit, my heart melts and I will just call the person myself and apologize.
Re: Struggling by ModestGal(f): 2:06am On Nov 07, 2018
Tife99:

Thank you.
I will advise you if you want to try my method, you can try and know the meaning of these ayahs.
Also another thing that help me is I try my best to way from music. I don't listen to it neither do I have any on my phone, some music's can corrupt the mind as well as some movies as well for instance acrimony, those kind of movies can make the heart to be very hard
Re: Struggling by ModestGal(f): 2:18am On Nov 07, 2018
Tife99:

Thank you.
And also don't be depressed when you have sinned to the point you feel Allah may not forgive you, remember Allah is always ready to forgive you no matter the sin.
Also do not hang around with toxic people, unless you know you are strong enough that they can't influence you. And also being a Muslim doesn't prevent some people from being stupid, I have met several Muslims in my life that I feel like spitting on, they are deep in Islam but they make you feel like Hell is your abode and look down on others because they feel they are better than them in the sight of Allah. Just ignore them please because they will only make you hate yourself and feel like you Re shytan. No one is above mistake or sin
Re: Struggling by Tife99: 1:08pm On Nov 07, 2018
ModestGal:

And also don't be depressed when you have sinned to the point you feel Allah may not forgive you, remember Allah is always ready to forgive you no matter the sin.
Also do not hang around with toxic people, unless you know you are strong enough that they can't influence you. And also being a Muslim doesn't prevent some people from being stupid, I have met several Muslims in my life that I feel like spitting on, they are deep in Islam but they make you feel like Hell is your abode and look down on others because they feel they are better than them in the sight of Allah. Just ignore them please because they will only make you hate yourself and feel like you Re shytan. No one is above mistake or sin

Thank you. I really appreciate you taking the time to render me some advice. May Allah bless you abundantly.

It's not like I dont know what you're saying, I do. In theory, I know what to do but practicing is so hard. Even daily prayers are becoming such a chore for me and I'm so dissapointed in myself. God is so so so good to me and I feel like such a disappointment that I'm not able to fulfil my part as a Muslim.

I'd like to think I'm knowledgeable in my deen but honestly practicing is sooo difficult for me. I have pretty bad OCD and Anxiety so I don't have much friends and I dont exactly live in a society that breeds the most pious of muslims. Because of my OCD I listen to the Quran every night but only surahs I understand. It motivates me that night but then life just happens and I'm not practicing anymore...
Re: Struggling by Dreydoe(m): 2:49pm On Nov 07, 2018
Try to pray your 5times daily at its Fixed times, most important! Try your all best to accomplish it and if you sincerely cant...

wherever u are, in ur heart pray the prayer in ur heart or by gestures if you can.. immediately you are free. find a mosque nearby and offer your missed prayers before the day runs out.

Allah is All-knowing and All-Aware.. He Knows every little detail of your Life.

5times daily prayers at its fixed time (IMPORTANT)
LOTS OF NAWALFIS
Tahajjud
sunnah Monday and Thursday fasting
13th,14th,15th fasting on every Islamic month
Charity.

Islam is not hard... Just do things sincerely for the sake of ALLAH s.w.t

ALSO personally... I have come to evaluate iman gets very high and sometimes low

so whenever you feel ur Imann is hiGH... take advantage of it at that moment and worship/dhikr /cry unto ALLAH and etc like dere is no tomorrow, TRUST ME, it will overflow and nourish whenever imann gets low...

Allah Alam.

(1) (Reply)

Boko Haram In Nigeria / Islam Stand On Racism / Why Do We Have So Many Heaven In Islam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.