Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,066 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:43 AM

Dangote To Buy Another Club If Kroenke Doesn’t Sell Arsenal - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Dangote To Buy Another Club If Kroenke Doesn’t Sell Arsenal (26786 Views)

Arsenal Fans Protest Against Kroenke, Club Owner Outside The Emirates Stadium / Lionel Messi: Why I Can't Move To Another Club / Kroenke Reacts To Arsene Wenger’s Departure (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dangote To Buy Another Club If Kroenke Doesn’t Sell Arsenal by FlirtyGist: 7:00am On Nov 07, 2018
Aliko Dangote, Africa’s richest man, had said he will consider buying a football club other than London-based Arsenal if controlling shareholder Stan Kroenke refuses to sell.

Dangote has long said he wants to buy the Premier League team, of which he’s a fan, but only after he’s completed one of the world’s biggest oil refineries in Lagos.

“By the time we’ve finished, we’ll be a $30bn company in terms of revenue,” he said in an interview with Bloomberg TV at the New Economy Forum in Singapore. “We’ll have an excess amount of cash to start playing around with.”

Kroenke owns almost all of Arsenal after buying Russian billionaire Alisher Usmanov’s 30 per cent stake in August in a deal that valued the club at about £1.8bn. It was funded with a £557m , two-year loan from Deutsche Bank AG. The 71-year-old American is worth $8bn, according to the Bloomberg Billionaires Index, and also controls the National Football League’s Los Angeles Rams.

“I’m very attached to Arsenal but if he won’t sell, I might have to change,” said Dangote, 61 years old and worth $11.1bn. “I’m very much a fan of football. I have to have a club. I don’t have to own Arsenal.”

The refinery is scheduled to start producing fuel in early 2020, and Lagos-based Dangote Cement Plc will probably be listed in London around September next year, he told Bloomberg.

- http://gistmore.com/ill-buy-another-club-kroenkedoesnt-sell-arsenal-dangote

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Dangote To Buy Another Club If Kroenke Doesn’t Sell Arsenal by FlirtyGist: 7:03am On Nov 07, 2018
Re: Dangote To Buy Another Club If Kroenke Doesn’t Sell Arsenal by Nobody: 7:12am On Nov 07, 2018
Buy Kano Pillars. You made your money in Nigeria. Buy local team and let's develop our own football.

137 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Dangote To Buy Another Club If Kroenke Doesn’t Sell Arsenal by samsard(m): 7:18am On Nov 07, 2018
ThankYouGod:
Buy Kano Pillars. You made your money in Nigeria. Buy local team and let's develop our own football.
He has tried in other areas, football club in Nigeria prolly would be more pain than gain.

50 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangote To Buy Another Club If Kroenke Doesn’t Sell Arsenal by Nbote(m): 7:57am On Nov 07, 2018
Hahahaha.... Oga Dangote abeg concentrate on cement and spaghetti.... Where was he wen Stan Kroenke bought up Usmanov's shares to become sole owner? Buy Arsenal kor... He shld jus stop dreaming of Arsenal and offer Mike Ashley money for Newcastle United..

30 Likes

Re: Dangote To Buy Another Club If Kroenke Doesn’t Sell Arsenal by oyacastam: 11:15am On Nov 07, 2018
shocked

"Two Awards In One Night " - Juliet Ibrahim Poses With Her Awards (PHOTO)

See: https://www.gistvic.com/2018/11/two-awards-in-one-night-juliet-ibrahim.html
Re: Dangote To Buy Another Club If Kroenke Doesn’t Sell Arsenal by nurez305(m): 11:15am On Nov 07, 2018
Concentrate on cement joor

1 Like

Re: Dangote To Buy Another Club If Kroenke Doesn’t Sell Arsenal by Codes151(m): 11:16am On Nov 07, 2018
This refinery thing pain me pass!! If anything for nigeria don pain me na the refinery I swear

3 Likes

Re: Dangote To Buy Another Club If Kroenke Doesn’t Sell Arsenal by GIDIBANKZ(m): 11:16am On Nov 07, 2018
Lolz.....Dangote, if you kukuma carry dat moni play 2. Odd for bet9ja.....e qo beta than say u buy Arsenal��

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dangote To Buy Another Club If Kroenke Doesn’t Sell Arsenal by haconjy(m): 11:16am On Nov 07, 2018
Nice one
Re: Dangote To Buy Another Club If Kroenke Doesn’t Sell Arsenal by bluefilm: 11:16am On Nov 07, 2018
ThankYouGod:

You're funny, aswear.

So after buying kano pillars, what next?

6 Likes

Re: Dangote To Buy Another Club If Kroenke Doesn’t Sell Arsenal by MrAnele(m): 11:16am On Nov 07, 2018
You go just wreck... That you are the richest black man in the world no mean say you fit afford club...
Re: Dangote To Buy Another Club If Kroenke Doesn’t Sell Arsenal by lilfreezy: 11:16am On Nov 07, 2018
Why not buy kano pillars first undecided

1 Like

Re: Dangote To Buy Another Club If Kroenke Doesn’t Sell Arsenal by DanDeeBoss(m): 11:16am On Nov 07, 2018
I just like this man sha

1 Like

Re: Dangote To Buy Another Club If Kroenke Doesn’t Sell Arsenal by INTEGRITYA1(m): 11:17am On Nov 07, 2018
Dangote is an investor guru, we can as well invest into our future by keying into these on going opportunities.

Already built Estates with top notch infrastructures.Pay & Pack in today.

Agbowa Ikorodu, #8.9m
(3-bedroom impeccably finished semi-detached Bungalow).

Abijo, Lekki, Lagos:
3-bedroom tastefully finished Deluxe maisonette apartment #24m.

3-bedroom tastefully deliver apartments #19m.

2-bedroom apartment #16m

With initial deposit of #2m you're good to go.
Just a click away from you
https:///send?phone=2348062342001
Re: Dangote To Buy Another Club If Kroenke Doesn’t Sell Arsenal by 12345baba(m): 11:17am On Nov 07, 2018
Make he buy brighton
Re: Dangote To Buy Another Club If Kroenke Doesn’t Sell Arsenal by Nobody: 11:17am On Nov 07, 2018
Dangote should just chill first, Arsenal is on a roll. You don't change a winning team. The deadwood (Wenger)has been kicked out , let's see how far Stan and Josh + Emery would go over the next 2-3yrs.

Meanwhile it wouldn't be a bad idea if Dangote throws in 250m fes and buys over Kano Pillars, turn them into a truly continental club.

11 Likes

Re: Dangote To Buy Another Club If Kroenke Doesn’t Sell Arsenal by Vanityupnvanity(m): 11:17am On Nov 07, 2018
Dangote

1 Like

Re: Dangote To Buy Another Club If Kroenke Doesn’t Sell Arsenal by zumala: 11:17am On Nov 07, 2018
Oga
Re: Dangote To Buy Another Club If Kroenke Doesn’t Sell Arsenal by planetx13: 11:17am On Nov 07, 2018
FlirtyGist:
Aliko Dangote, Africa’s richest man, had said he will consider buying a football club other than London-based Arsenal if controlling shareholder Stan Kroenke refuses to sell.

Dangote has long said he wants to buy the Premier League team, of which he’s a fan, but only after he’s completed one of the world’s biggest oil refineries in Lagos.

“By the time we’ve finished, we’ll be a $30bn company in terms of revenue,” he said in an interview with Bloomberg TV at the New Economy Forum in Singapore. “We’ll have an excess amount of cash to start playing around with.”

Kroenke owns almost all of Arsenal after buying Russian billionaire Alisher Usmanov’s 30 per cent stake in August in a deal that valued the club at about £1.8bn. It was funded with a £557m , two-year loan from Deutsche Bank AG. The 71-year-old American is worth $8bn, according to the Bloomberg Billionaires Index, and also controls the National Football League’s Los Angeles Rams.

“I’m very attached to Arsenal but if he won’t sell, I might have to change,” said Dangote, 61 years old and worth $11.1bn. “I’m very much a fan of football. I have to have a club. I don’t have to own Arsenal.”

The refinery is scheduled to start producing fuel in early 2020, and Lagos-based Dangote Cement Plc will probably be listed in London around September next year, he told Bloomberg.

- http://gistmore.com/ill-buy-another-club-kroenkedoesnt-sell-arsenal-dangote

This is billion of dollars o.( @ bolded)

Baba God, please bless our hustle

Ciao

1 Like

Re: Dangote To Buy Another Club If Kroenke Doesn’t Sell Arsenal by pol23: 11:18am On Nov 07, 2018
Please just buy Eyimba
Re: Dangote To Buy Another Club If Kroenke Doesn’t Sell Arsenal by Nobody: 11:18am On Nov 07, 2018
Leicester may need a new buyer by the summer.

RIP Vchai

2 Likes

Re: Dangote To Buy Another Club If Kroenke Doesn’t Sell Arsenal by Nobody: 11:19am On Nov 07, 2018
Codes151:
This refinery thing pain me pass!! If anything for nigeria don pain me na the refinery I swear
Why bro?
Re: Dangote To Buy Another Club If Kroenke Doesn’t Sell Arsenal by basty: 11:19am On Nov 07, 2018
Oh Lord God, continue to bless Alhaji Aliko Dangote
Re: Dangote To Buy Another Club If Kroenke Doesn’t Sell Arsenal by Passionate888: 11:19am On Nov 07, 2018
The idea of Arsenal being a privately owned club doesn't feel ok to me.

1 Like

Re: Dangote To Buy Another Club If Kroenke Doesn’t Sell Arsenal by Bustincole(m): 11:19am On Nov 07, 2018
Money speakin

3 Likes

Re: Dangote To Buy Another Club If Kroenke Doesn’t Sell Arsenal by ridwanuncle: 11:20am On Nov 07, 2018
lol its like he smells the rise of money in the football business
Re: Dangote To Buy Another Club If Kroenke Doesn’t Sell Arsenal by kawaodne(m): 11:20am On Nov 07, 2018
Dangle Dollars in Billions = DangoDolls = DangoArse grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nneka Ogwumike Celebrates Her 30th Birthday Today / UCL: Why We Eliminated Bayern Munich – Villarreal Coach, Unai Emery / South Africa To Organise Two Friendlies To Fight Xenophobia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.