Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,284 members, 7,818,959 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:58 AM

Oshodi Transport Interchange Now At 83 % Completion Stage (see Pictures) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oshodi Transport Interchange Now At 83 % Completion Stage (see Pictures) (44315 Views)

Remodeled Badagry Slave Market Reaches 95% Completion Stage / Kano's 10 Megawatts Independent Project Is At 90% Completion Stage (Pictures) / See The Oshodi Transport Interchange That Was Recently PreCommissioned (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oshodi Transport Interchange Now At 83 % Completion Stage (see Pictures) by ajl: 10:36am On Nov 07, 2018
timibare:
Ambode kindly abandon this project en do some tricks on the remaining funds, ordinary LGA chairman u can't win again ooh

One PSP operator identified. No worry, Sanwo-Olu is coming.
Re: Oshodi Transport Interchange Now At 83 % Completion Stage (see Pictures) by MadCow1: 10:39am On Nov 07, 2018
laurel03:
My own perspective about this project is a waste of funds...Ambode just waste money on this project and other bus stop like yaba and oyingbo projects

I love this project.. Nothing half asses about it. Solves a huge problem as well as consolidating the states transport system. Frees up that road which has been overrun by busses and pedestrians. Takes away jobs from touts and provides security to commuters and passengers alike.. And finally, it's a proper 21st century looking project that gives the area a facelift.

2 Likes

Re: Oshodi Transport Interchange Now At 83 % Completion Stage (see Pictures) by frozen70(f): 10:52am On Nov 07, 2018
laurel03:
airport to oshodi is federal project but lagos state govt is doing it for now.. many ways you can energize economy than wasting money on bus stops.. Governance is not about white elephant projects alone..

What about gold elephant projects?
Re: Oshodi Transport Interchange Now At 83 % Completion Stage (see Pictures) by Diso60090(m): 10:54am On Nov 07, 2018
Originality007:
grin grin and the Governor doing this wonderful and beautiful thing like this is not allowed to go for a second term, because the lazy and foolish party members were not allow to do chop make i chop as usual, but a governour of Kogi state whose only achievement is to commission A transformer and a NEPA pole, will be having a full support to go for second time..And some people are wondering y Nigeria no b like undecided undecided undecided undecided

Na today you know say Mumu + Mumu =Nigerian
Re: Oshodi Transport Interchange Now At 83 % Completion Stage (see Pictures) by laurel03(m): 10:58am On Nov 07, 2018
[quote author=ajl post=72755787][/quote]I hate abusing people on internet but I thank God I am not poor but comfortable. one of the major problems our present leaders from 1999 are using to syphoned Commonwealth is white elephant projects Nation wide. let me reminds you that BRF spent billions on that same oshodi during his regime which was not up to decade before another Governor demolished everything. uncountable govt housing been abandoned now eg ilubirin, ijora housing etc light rail project not really getting funds again and see lekki free trade zone road causing accident everyday which this kind money can't be used to expand the road before that axis will be over populated because in next five years the axis will be face of new lagos.
Every reasonable person known that Oshodi present project is waste of resources.

1 Like

Re: Oshodi Transport Interchange Now At 83 % Completion Stage (see Pictures) by Nobody: 11:11am On Nov 07, 2018
laurel03:
My own perspective about this project is a waste of funds...Ambode just waste money on this project and other bus stop like yaba and oyingbo projects
It's not a waste of fund
Re: Oshodi Transport Interchange Now At 83 % Completion Stage (see Pictures) by extremophile: 11:23am On Nov 07, 2018
A gargantuan, elephantagious erection of this magnitude ejaculated from the public purse! Pray tell, in the final analysis, will it give the public the intended pleasure?
Re: Oshodi Transport Interchange Now At 83 % Completion Stage (see Pictures) by Konquest: 11:25am On Nov 07, 2018
gateleo:
The Lagos State Government on Monday said the ongoing Oshodi Transport Interchange conceived and being implemented to evolve a seamless way by which Lagosians commute across the State on a daily basis would be completed within the first quarter of 2019.

Commissioner for Works and Infrastructure, Mr Adebowale Akinsanya, in a statement on the state of the project, said it was gratifying to report that substantial progress had been made towards its completion. The Commissioner added that with the ongoing pace of works, the project would be completed within the first quarter of 2019, and operations commencing soon after, saying that commuters around the State should look forward to having a comfortable, accessible and world-class transport system.

Besides, Akinsanya commended motorists and residents in the State for cooperating with government in the implementation of the project, just as he assured that all hands were on deck to expedite work and complete it on schedule. According to him, “At the moment, 83 per cent total work progress has been achieved, including completion of piling works on the three terminals and completion of the piling works for the Skywalks. “Among others, we have also completed works on the pile caps for the three terminals, concrete works of the buildings, ground floor works on all the loading bays for the three terminals, erection of steelworks for the Skywalks and terminals and Taxi Park and car park area, while road works around the terminal are at an advanced stage as well as bus holding bays around the terminals also at an advanced stage,” Akinsanya said.

The Oshodi Transport Interchange Project (OTIP) which is part of the Bus Reform Initiative of the State Government, is an iconic infrastructure designed to transform the axis forever and enhance connectivity. The project, in a nutshell, seeks to transform Oshodi into a world-class Central Business District (CBD) with business, travel and leisure activities conducted in a serene, secure, clean, orderly and hygienic environment, comparable with other transport terminals around the world including Stratford and Victoria Bus Station in the United Kingdom.

The project, on completion, would consolidate all the 13 city and interstate bus parks into three multi-storey terminals, providing standard facilities including waiting area, loading bays, ticketing stands, drivers lounge, parking areas, rest rooms, accessible walkways and pedestrian sky-walks linking all the terminals.

Read more at: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/11/oshodi-transport-interchange-now-at-83-completion-stage/
^^^^^^
^^^^^^
NICE one from Gov. Akinwunmi Ambode!

NEXT... Gov. Babajide Sanwo-Olu loading seriously! grin
^^^^
^^^^
UPDATE: "Construction of Oshodi Transport Interchange"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blqGifETHGk

1 Share

Re: Oshodi Transport Interchange Now At 83 % Completion Stage (see Pictures) by timibare(m): 11:39am On Nov 07, 2018
ajl:

One PSP operator identified. No worry, Sanwo-Olu is coming.
real recognize real.....
Re: Oshodi Transport Interchange Now At 83 % Completion Stage (see Pictures) by Sagay212: 12:11pm On Nov 07, 2018
laurel03:

he is the most useless governor lagos ever had. you can imagine the waste of money. he abandoned the bad roads and wasted so much money on useless bus terminals
Re: Oshodi Transport Interchange Now At 83 % Completion Stage (see Pictures) by franzis(m): 12:35pm On Nov 07, 2018
Bluntemperor:

as far as you are concerned it is waste but for Lagosians we are proud of Ambode's achievement.not everything is about hate.
how does my opinion translate to hate , list the benefit of this transport interchange.
Re: Oshodi Transport Interchange Now At 83 % Completion Stage (see Pictures) by laurel03(m): 12:40pm On Nov 07, 2018
Sagay212:

he is the most useless governor lagos ever had. you can imagine the waste of money. he abandoned the bad roads and wasted so much money on useless bus terminals
u gt it
Re: Oshodi Transport Interchange Now At 83 % Completion Stage (see Pictures) by Toosure70: 12:51pm On Nov 07, 2018
Originality007:

grin grin grin Oga be the Governor first make we see grin grin grin
You shall see.
Re: Oshodi Transport Interchange Now At 83 % Completion Stage (see Pictures) by fedora04: 1:02pm On Nov 07, 2018
It's a beautiful project alright.. But my take is why not use this money to develop Oshodi as a whole. Roads are bad. No proper sanitary system. Light etc

Of what use will this be when the linking roads are not good. It's laudable but I feel there are things more important.

We want to be like Dubai or. London but structure must be in place. What's the use I repeat whats the use when the surrounding environment is filthy and not taken care of

What about housing.. Why not invest this in housing. And provide accommodation for those living around. Even if it is a 1 room apartment

My tots
Re: Oshodi Transport Interchange Now At 83 % Completion Stage (see Pictures) by MrEdimulo82(m): 1:41pm On Nov 07, 2018
laurel03:

Bro...u cldnt have said it better...i dont understand Ambode's skill in project prioritization, like WTF. Dude cld have completed the light rail with this fund thereby connecting the Okoko,Iba,Igando pple straight to the Metro., but wawu, our bus stop governor wld only allow myopic advice to blind his reasoning...

1 Like

Re: Oshodi Transport Interchange Now At 83 % Completion Stage (see Pictures) by Chidinmaemma: 1:41pm On Nov 07, 2018
The work force has greatly reduced slowing down the work progress which i fear may not even be completed by middle next year 2019, besides the terrible trafic that should have been addressed and taken care of as a result of the uncordinated half-done type of work by the confused contractors is another issue on its own. OP please do the needful so this will get to the appropriate authorities.
Re: Oshodi Transport Interchange Now At 83 % Completion Stage (see Pictures) by femmy2010(m): 1:59pm On Nov 07, 2018
Groovenaija360:
Bihari is a useless man

Children of HATE .
PMB till 2023
Re: Oshodi Transport Interchange Now At 83 % Completion Stage (see Pictures) by UfuomaUN(m): 2:16pm On Nov 07, 2018
After the buses leave the World class interchange will they fly to CMS and Obalende? They'll still enter the heart wrenching pitiful traffic on 3MB
Re: Oshodi Transport Interchange Now At 83 % Completion Stage (see Pictures) by luggy(m): 2:24pm On Nov 07, 2018
ifeanyi ararume, this is scam from APC,
Re: Oshodi Transport Interchange Now At 83 % Completion Stage (see Pictures) by Originality007: 2:40pm On Nov 07, 2018
Toosure70:
You shall see.

yes bro..i will be the happiest for u
Re: Oshodi Transport Interchange Now At 83 % Completion Stage (see Pictures) by Fordzzy(m): 3:30pm On Nov 07, 2018
ryloy:
grin

Abeg hu be all deze dead pple pictures u dey put so bikonu? grin
Re: Oshodi Transport Interchange Now At 83 % Completion Stage (see Pictures) by Nobody: 3:49pm On Nov 07, 2018
davodyguy:
Similar to what it's obtainable in Dubai, at the Metro stations.
Sharaf DG Station
Mall of the Emirates Station
And Tram link at Dubai Marina.

It's nice, but what will it look like in 5 years time? Most flowers planted by the BRF administration are withered already

even the BRT buses are in tattered conditions
Re: Oshodi Transport Interchange Now At 83 % Completion Stage (see Pictures) by deebrownneymar: 4:15pm On Nov 07, 2018
gateleo:
The Lagos State Government on Monday said the ongoing Oshodi Transport Interchange conceived and being implemented to evolve a seamless way by which Lagosians commute across the State on a daily basis would be completed within the first quarter of 2019.

Commissioner for Works and Infrastructure, Mr Adebowale Akinsanya, in a statement on the state of the project, said it was gratifying to report that substantial progress had been made towards its completion. The Commissioner added that with the ongoing pace of works, the project would be completed within the first quarter of 2019, and operations commencing soon after, saying that commuters around the State should look forward to having a comfortable, accessible and world-class transport system.

Besides, Akinsanya commended motorists and residents in the State for cooperating with government in the implementation of the project, just as he assured that all hands were on deck to expedite work and complete it on schedule. According to him, “At the moment, 83 per cent total work progress has been achieved, including completion of piling works on the three terminals and completion of the piling works for the Skywalks. “Among others, we have also completed works on the pile caps for the three terminals, concrete works of the buildings, ground floor works on all the loading bays for the three terminals, erection of steelworks for the Skywalks and terminals and Taxi Park and car park area, while road works around the terminal are at an advanced stage as well as bus holding bays around the terminals also at an advanced stage,” Akinsanya said.

The Oshodi Transport Interchange Project (OTIP) which is part of the Bus Reform Initiative of the State Government, is an iconic infrastructure designed to transform the axis forever and enhance connectivity. The project, in a nutshell, seeks to transform Oshodi into a world-class Central Business District (CBD) with business, travel and leisure activities conducted in a serene, secure, clean, orderly and hygienic environment, comparable with other transport terminals around the world including Stratford and Victoria Bus Station in the United Kingdom.

The project, on completion, would consolidate all the 13 city and interstate bus parks into three multi-storey terminals, providing standard facilities including waiting area, loading bays, ticketing stands, drivers lounge, parking areas, rest rooms, accessible walkways and pedestrian sky-walks linking all the terminals.

Read more at: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/11/oshodi-transport-interchange-now-at-83-completion-stage/

For crying out loud how is this up to 83%?
Btw I can't wait to see the final look.
Re: Oshodi Transport Interchange Now At 83 % Completion Stage (see Pictures) by jafol(m): 5:20pm On Nov 07, 2018
Owaincouncil:
Children of hate will not see anything good in this even when their govs are not doing anything at all.
My brother they r filled with bitterness over Lagos, the sadness that Lagos is a yoruba land dey pain them. Anything good, they can never see it. Ibos r our enemies, they never see anything good thats y their own state will never see anything good. Our enemies will never see good lagbara olorun
Re: Oshodi Transport Interchange Now At 83 % Completion Stage (see Pictures) by Grayxme: 6:27pm On Nov 07, 2018
This is commendable, i appreciate how the APC administration is trying to make sure that the country becomes a better place for all. This project will transform the axis and enhance connectivity
Re: Oshodi Transport Interchange Now At 83 % Completion Stage (see Pictures) by GetCofOProperty: 10:14am On Nov 08, 2018
I hope Gov. Ambode commissions all these projects scattered around Lagos before he hands over in May.
Re: Oshodi Transport Interchange Now At 83 % Completion Stage (see Pictures) by nifemiayoade(m): 3:49pm On Nov 09, 2018
ARCHARAN CONSTRUCTION COMPANY. for your perfect architecture design,structural design, electrical, mechanical and also approval documentation with best construction pls call 08069253261 now

1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Edo Election: Philip Shaibu Loses LG To APC / Shehu Sani In Prison After He Was Given The Life Sentence (Photos) / E-Naira: Pictures As President Buhari Launches E-Currency In State House Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.