Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,377 members, 7,815,804 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:40 PM

Nigeria Has Taken 10 Steps Backwards – Senator Abaribe - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Has Taken 10 Steps Backwards – Senator Abaribe (17972 Views)

Breaking-ipob: Judge Refuses To Order Senator Abaribe’s Release / DSS Releases Senator Abaribe From Detention / PDP Sends Delegates To DSS Over Arrest Of Senator Abaribe, Suswam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Has Taken 10 Steps Backwards – Senator Abaribe by AnanseK(m): 5:57pm On Nov 07, 2018
Anambra State had pipeborne water in every village and every home when Peter Obi was the Governor a few years ago.

When Buhari came he dismantled it to marginalize Igbos.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Has Taken 10 Steps Backwards – Senator Abaribe by Eddybyfire: 5:57pm On Nov 07, 2018
shocked shocked
Sweetcollins:
No be lie my brooda
Re: Nigeria Has Taken 10 Steps Backwards – Senator Abaribe by Damadei(f): 6:01pm On Nov 07, 2018
Mrakeli:
Nigerian Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe, on Wednesday, said Nigeria has taken one step forward and 10 steps backwards during plenary.

The senator representing the Abia-South Senatorial District of Abia State decried the critical state of pipe-borne water in the country.

“It is only in Abuja that one can find pipe-borne water. It’s a disgrace to Nigeria. We’ve gone one step forward and 10 steps back. We should be providing pipe-born water to every household in Nigeria,” he said.

Abaribe was reacting to Senator Dino Melaye’s comment on the alarming rate of scarcity of water supply in the nation.

Melaye said, “The Nigerian water sector is in critical condition. The situation is alarming and calls for immediate intervention.”

Senator Abaribe stated afterwards that an investigation should be made by the “committee” to find out what the fund on water has been used on.

Consequently, the Senate directed the committee on water supply to carry out a holistic investigation into the declining state of water in Nigeria. The Red chamber also urged the federal government to embark on a long-term commitment to find a pathway for better water delivery in Nigeria.

Senate President Bukola Saraki said the senate needs to get to the bottom of the water issue and find a solution that will improve water supply to Nigeria.

Saraki said the committee should take the work with the importance it deserves and quickly carry out investigations to particularly block the leakages in the area of corruption

He added, “This is of great concern to us. As a country, it is very embarrassing if our decline has gone down to 7% from 32%. As we all know, as a country, there must be adequate water supply for all our operations.”

https://www.akelicious.net/2018/11/nigeria-has-taken-10-steps-backwards.html

I was expecting 50 years backward.
Re: Nigeria Has Taken 10 Steps Backwards – Senator Abaribe by arabbunkum: 6:01pm On Nov 07, 2018
Are u one of d numerous newly recruited BMCs aka zombies?
StFrankeinstein:
Good day nairalanders. its my first time on this forum.

God bless everyone on this forum

God bless Nigeria.

Re: Nigeria Has Taken 10 Steps Backwards – Senator Abaribe by madridsta007(m): 6:08pm On Nov 07, 2018
Mrakeli:
Nigerian Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe, on Wednesday, said Nigeria has taken one step forward and 10 steps backwards during plenary.

The senator representing the Abia-South Senatorial District of Abia State decried the critical state of pipe-borne water in the country.

“It is only in Abuja that one can find pipe-borne water. It’s a disgrace to Nigeria. We’ve gone one step forward and 10 steps back. We should be providing pipe-born water to every household in Nigeria,” he said.

Abaribe was reacting to Senator Dino Melaye’s comment on the alarming rate of scarcity of water supply in the nation.

Melaye said, “The Nigerian water sector is in critical condition. The situation is alarming and calls for immediate intervention.”

Senator Abaribe stated afterwards that an investigation should be made by the “committee” to find out what the fund on water has been used on.

Consequently, the Senate directed the committee on water supply to carry out a holistic investigation into the declining state of water in Nigeria. The Red chamber also urged the federal government to embark on a long-term commitment to find a pathway for better water delivery in Nigeria.

Senate President Bukola Saraki said the senate needs to get to the bottom of the water issue and find a solution that will improve water supply to Nigeria.

Saraki said the committee should take the work with the importance it deserves and quickly carry out investigations to particularly block the leakages in the area of corruption

He added, “This is of great concern to us. As a country, it is very embarrassing if our decline has gone down to 7% from 32%. As we all know, as a country, there must be adequate water supply for all our operations.”

In APC' BMC's voice "In order to go forward, Nigeria has to go backward due to the PDP 16 years terrible misrule" grin grin grin grin
Senator sir, "10 years" is a very conservative estimate if you want to be honest about Nigeria's situation.

We moved from a PhD holder as a President to one who was vividly jubilating over a questionable WAEC certificate with inherently poor results. I saw Kenyans and Ghanians laughing at Nigerians on Twitter and I felt so ashamed.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Has Taken 10 Steps Backwards – Senator Abaribe by vincixpresso: 6:10pm On Nov 07, 2018
Mrakeli:

Oga Sir, you are a big disgrace, Obingwa LGA doesn't not have a single ATM machine, yet you and the governor are from the same LGA. No good roads, water and job, I wonder what you guys are up to

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Has Taken 10 Steps Backwards – Senator Abaribe by Billionaire09: 6:13pm On Nov 07, 2018
slivertongue:
Nigeria has taken 100 steps backward. we can only take steps forward wen GMB &his liability of a govt is sent packing

During Biafra administration we used to had water in our homes provided by Biafra government in Biafraland.

Let United Nation please fastrack Biafra referendum for freedom and every others good things will be in place.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Has Taken 10 Steps Backwards – Senator Abaribe by Bizibi(m): 6:15pm On Nov 07, 2018
Well,there are some of them on nairaland that will always say otherwise, dunces.
Re: Nigeria Has Taken 10 Steps Backwards – Senator Abaribe by 2buffagain(m): 6:17pm On Nov 07, 2018
I remember back in the day when we had "Water Works".
Whatever happened to that I wonder (sarcasm) undecided
Re: Nigeria Has Taken 10 Steps Backwards – Senator Abaribe by zoedew: 6:25pm On Nov 07, 2018
Nine of the ten steps are traceable to you!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Has Taken 10 Steps Backwards – Senator Abaribe by Urchman200: 6:26pm On Nov 07, 2018
Enyinaya u are part of those that took us backward ,I know in ur constituency will say d same about U

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Has Taken 10 Steps Backwards – Senator Abaribe by kalemy(m): 6:26pm On Nov 07, 2018
Did you notice that this year: - No Glo Naija Sings - No MTN Project Fame - No Maltina Dance 'all Competition - No Guilder Ultimate Search - No Who Wants To Be A Millionaire. And some people still don't realise the level of poverty Buhari has returned Nigeria to. - Even Comedy shows these days are almost non existent. #BuhariMustGo

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Has Taken 10 Steps Backwards – Senator Abaribe by DanDeeBoss(m): 6:28pm On Nov 07, 2018
StFrankeinstein:

God bless Nigeria.

You welcome boss
Re: Nigeria Has Taken 10 Steps Backwards – Senator Abaribe by origima: 6:28pm On Nov 07, 2018
During Biafra administration we used to had water in our homes provided by Biafra government in Biafraland.

Let United Nation please fastrack Biafra referendum for freedom and every others good things will be in place.[/quote]

Na multi heavy lies without example bi dis. U are not and can never be a ojukwu biafra

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Has Taken 10 Steps Backwards – Senator Abaribe by Nobody: 6:29pm On Nov 07, 2018
StFrankeinstein:

God bless Nigeria.

Welcom to the family of Tribalism
Injustice where we hav many Zombies supporting a president that has done nothing for the country Although I voted for the man but I thought he's going to reduce the petroleum price but he increased it and that was the reason I decided to Vote against Jonathan coz I want to Record my songs and the producer told me to buy fuel I bought 8K naira fuel even when I don't hav money to eat. Try not to be corrupted plz be a mature person and you all learn because I hav learnt so Many good things, I even DE challenge so Called Professors and that's the good thing this Great Forum has impacted in Meeeeee
Re: Nigeria Has Taken 10 Steps Backwards – Senator Abaribe by 2buffagain(m): 6:30pm On Nov 07, 2018
zoedew:
Nine of the ten steps are traceable to you!

Exactly!
Ignorant Nigerians still talking about Atiku (chief looter) and Buhari (useless illiterate) as if they don't have fresh, new, young and successful presidential candidates like Sowore to also vote for.

Most times, my anger at Nigeria is the unthinking, I-must-to-suffer, beasts-of-burden idiots I share it with, not just the leaders.
Re: Nigeria Has Taken 10 Steps Backwards – Senator Abaribe by Nobody: 6:31pm On Nov 07, 2018
helinues:
Where is Nnamdi Kanu?
Could he please list his senatorial achievement?
If not that our judicial system is weak, this man should be behind the bar.
Betrayal/Saboteur of Republic of Nigeria
between him and your president who has betrayed our country more than

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Has Taken 10 Steps Backwards – Senator Abaribe by Nobody: 6:31pm On Nov 07, 2018
helinues:
Where is Nnamdi Kanu?
Could he please list his senatorial achievement?
If not that our judicial system is weak, this man should be behind the bar.
Betrayal/Saboteur of Republic of Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Has Taken 10 Steps Backwards – Senator Abaribe by devil007: 6:32pm On Nov 07, 2018
Congratulations Nigeria!!! FG Reduces Fuel Price To N95 Per litre !
By Adedoyin Gold on 10/24/2018
0 COMMENTS
Barring any last unforeseen circumstances the Federal Government is set to reduce the price of fuel to 95 Naira per litre .
Our source in the presidency said president Buhari who oversees the Petroleum ministry is set to make the reduction which would take effect from the first week of November.
The cost reduction of fuel our sources claim is not in anyway related to the current price in per barrel of oil .It is alleged that the Presidency are desperately looking for measures that would boost the electoral chances in next years General elections.
Presently the presidency is in consultation with stakeholders in the oil industry in both the upstream and downstream sectors to see ways the reduction could be feasible .Already fears are been raised about the possibility of such reduction and the implications it would have in the polity .Buhari who according to sources is adamant and insisting on going ahead with the plan reduction with high hopes of endearing the electorates to his government.
How the crisis that may follow with such a reduction without adequate consultations with oil stakeholders and OPEC is yet to be ascertained .
The Petroleum Product Pricing Regulatory Agency [PPPRA] and the Department of Petroleum Resources [DPR] have been asked to enforce strict compliance with the new pricing regime as soon as it becomes effective.
Already the Federal Government claims to be paying subsidy for the landing cost of PMS .
The new measure is a reversal of government’s policy on the matter.
When reminded of the technical difficulties involved with such a hasty reduction our source who craved anonymity claims that this is politics and remains strictly politics.
Recall in January 2015 the government of Goodluck Jonathan reduced the price of fuel from N97 per litre to N87 per litre on the eve of the general elections.
MBA Oil and Gas Management
Re: Nigeria Has Taken 10 Steps Backwards – Senator Abaribe by Ogaga87(m): 6:32pm On Nov 07, 2018
I think this senator is trying to give Buhary the award of BEST MOON WALK ADMINISTRATION in the history of this country.. He deserves it..
In life, two things are involve.. It's either you regress or you progress..
Re: Nigeria Has Taken 10 Steps Backwards – Senator Abaribe by Talknochip(m): 6:33pm On Nov 07, 2018
Water supply has not been receiving the attention it needed by the Buhari led federal govt and the state governors with exception of some few governors... Among the few governors doing something about the situation is El-rufai and Dankwambo here in the North. El-rufai really deserve some accolades...He has acheived alot in that area in Kaduna, Zaria and many other places in Kaduna state.
Re: Nigeria Has Taken 10 Steps Backwards – Senator Abaribe by arrestdarrester: 6:34pm On Nov 07, 2018
Sometimes it just feels worse than 1984
Re: Nigeria Has Taken 10 Steps Backwards – Senator Abaribe by headz(m): 6:35pm On Nov 07, 2018
see this Aberiberi talking. Share if you ve ever had pipe borne water in ur area. Wait for Buhari to come and do pipe borne water for you later you go commission water tank as constituency project. why u sef nor pipe ur constituency project?
Re: Nigeria Has Taken 10 Steps Backwards – Senator Abaribe by Yyeske(m): 6:36pm On Nov 07, 2018
DREAMZZZ:
its not hard to guess what a zombified brain has in his thoughts
Tell the so called senator to produce that talkative, cowardly clown called Nnamdi Kanu or ... you know na.

Re: Nigeria Has Taken 10 Steps Backwards – Senator Abaribe by iLegendd(m): 6:37pm On Nov 07, 2018
It's obvious. It affected everything. Even men who used to last long in bed are now one minute men.

If you're one of those men it affected their bedroom's game, read this https://www.nairaland.com/4800980/he-caring-one-minute-man to discover the permanent solution.
Re: Nigeria Has Taken 10 Steps Backwards – Senator Abaribe by gentleibraheem(m): 6:38pm On Nov 07, 2018
It might be true though.
But our support for PMB is until 2023
Re: Nigeria Has Taken 10 Steps Backwards – Senator Abaribe by helinues: 6:38pm On Nov 07, 2018
Hizzy:

Nnamdi Kanu.I am ready to argue about that ONLY if you are not sentiment /emotional about it
Re: Nigeria Has Taken 10 Steps Backwards – Senator Abaribe by headz(m): 6:39pm On Nov 07, 2018
See this Aberiberi talking. Wait for Buhari to come and do pipe borne for u. Later you go do water tank as constituency project. Why u sef nor pipe ur own?
Re: Nigeria Has Taken 10 Steps Backwards – Senator Abaribe by Yyeske(m): 6:40pm On Nov 07, 2018
vincixpresso:

Oga Sir, you are a big disgrace, Obingwa LGA doesn't not have a single ATM machine, yet you and the governor are from the same LGA. No good roads, water and job, I wonder what you guys are up to
You should know that it's election period so they need votes to continue reaping the masses from where they stopped.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Metele Attack: Buhari Summons Service Chiefs / Dogara Plans To Shock APC, Femi Gbajabiamila / Atiku’s Witness Weeps At Tribunal, Says APC ‘thugs’ Shot Two During Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.