Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,701 members, 7,813,308 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:37 AM

Jung Cheol-Won: SouthKorean Skater Apologises After Early Celebration Costs Gold - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Jung Cheol-Won: SouthKorean Skater Apologises After Early Celebration Costs Gold (15975 Views)

BBC Apologises After Sex Noise Was Heard In The Studio During A Live FA Cup / Samuel Eto'o Fils Apologises After Physically Attacking Youtuber / Raheem Sterling Apologises After Bizarre UCL Penalty (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jung Cheol-Won: SouthKorean Skater Apologises After Early Celebration Costs Gold by FreeStuffsNG: 11:35am On Oct 02, 2023
South Korea finished second in the finals for the inaugural men’s roller skating relay at the Hangzhou Asian Games on Monday after a premature celebration cost them the gold medal.

South Korean rollerskater, Jung Cheol-won, committed a serious error of judgement by celebrating too early

Jung was left red-faced after being the anchor for his three-man team in the men’s 3,000m relay final at Qintang Roller Sports Centre.

Thinking he had easily beaten Huang Yu-lin, he eased up and raised his arms in celebration, only for the Taiwanese skater to lunge with his leg across the line first in 4min 05.692sec to win by one hundredth of a second.

“I made a rather big mistake. I didn’t come at full speed to the finish line. I let my guard down too early,” said a sheepish Jung.

“I am very sorry. I apologise to my teammates and to our fans who supported us.

“We all worked very hard together for this, and it’s all my fault.”

Taiwan’s Huang said it was a “miracle” that he won, with his coach drumming it into him that you never give up.

“I realised they were celebrating, but I wanted to tell them, while you were celebrating, I was still fighting,” he said.

“I wasn’t sure whether I had reached the finish line in time.

“I thought it was such a shame that I was just a little bit short, and then the results came up on the screen showing that I had won by one hundredth of a second, and it was just a miracle.”

Taiwan’s women rubbed salt in the wounds by winning their 3,000m relay final, also consigning South Korea to silver.

https://punchng.com/south-korean-skater-apologises-after-early-celebration-costs-gold/

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jung Cheol-Won: SouthKorean Skater Apologises After Early Celebration Costs Gold by FreeStuffsNG: 11:35am On Oct 02, 2023
He broke one of the most important rules of power and self discipline; always start with the end in mind. Check my signature for free stuffs!

86 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Jung Cheol-Won: SouthKorean Skater Apologises After Early Celebration Costs Gold by Klington: 11:44am On Oct 02, 2023
That's how tilinbu and his sycophants, online miscreants and rag tags will apologize to well-meaning Nigerians for everything they put Nigerians through.

42 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Jung Cheol-Won: SouthKorean Skater Apologises After Early Celebration Costs Gold by Aldebaran(m): 11:45am On Oct 02, 2023
grin

1 Like

Re: Jung Cheol-Won: SouthKorean Skater Apologises After Early Celebration Costs Gold by Space131: 11:45am On Oct 02, 2023
Oops
Re: Jung Cheol-Won: SouthKorean Skater Apologises After Early Celebration Costs Gold by LordGuru1: 11:45am On Oct 02, 2023
Exactly! Celebrating too ealybis not good. That is one thing that I love about Tinubu, he didn't move into Aso Rock until the Supreme Tribunal has declared him Winner over all adversaries. That is a truly Wise Man.
Skilsnigeria:
Hmmm
ttobizz:

Where were you when Tinubu went personal during the campaigns referring to Atiku as goat meat that was to be raoasted by Obasanjo but for him Tinubu? Atiku is is only taking his pound of flesh.
I perfectly agree with you that Atiku is only taking his pound of flesh, but what you did Not say or know is that it is not just only Atiku but all the Atiku People that Tinubu has been Destroying their evil Plan. Buhari did not even have WAEC, it ruled Nigeria submitting his old NEPA Bill, yet this same Atiku never bat an eyelid. For those that still don't understand that Atiku and FOREX (just as they used Emefiele to Punish Nigerians) are being used in fighting Tooth and Nail against Tinubu and Nigerians that he has been Working to Prevent the planned permanent Enslavement that Invaders have been advancing for long, the Man below explained it perfectly well.
WealthyNigerian:
Some NL members have still not realized that many truly Great Nigerians daily visit Nairaland to get briefed and updated on the goings on in this Country, and also for comic relief reading comments. If I mentioned the popular Names of my Great Nigerian friends that regularly visits here and discuss things from here with me, you will find it hard to believe.

Just like myself, many of us successful wealthy Nigerians, Renowned Lecturers, Professors, Chief Imams, Pastor G.O.s, Senators, and Great Politicians have been regular Guest Readers of Nairaland for several Years now, while some are even registered NL Members but never comment. The recent happenings in this wonderful Country finally made me to register today.

To start with, it doesn't take rocket science knowledge to see who the True Winner of the 2023 Presidential Election is. With the way PDP's Kwankwasho, Peter Obi and Atiku couldn't unite to nominate one of them to confront APC Tinubu but unwittingly splitted PDP Votes into 3, only a self-deceitful Soul would still be wasting time arguing that APC Tinubu did not Win. Tinubu Won the Presidential Election square and fair against all Odds, and every sensible human being on Earth knows this.

But the way Naira has been on free fall at alarming speed due to Scarcity of FOREX has called for concerned from every Soul that wishes Nigeria well. It is extremely sad that the forces that wants the current President to fail are using every means available to get him discredited and hated by Nigerians Populace. The unexpected Boldness demonstrated by the President in stopping and reversing the forceful take over of Ancestral People Homelands has shocked the Cabals that expected him to be a weakling to the marrow. So, they have now queued up behind Atiku being their tribal Person and also using their Leverage as the major runners of Bureau de Change Companies in Nigerian to create a wickedly orchestrated FOREX Scarcity which has caused immense Damage to Naira and Purchasing Power of Nigerians in recent times, automatically making Nigerians to feel disappointed about Bola Tinubu's Presidency.

Sad still is the fact that Southern Peter Obi and his praise-singers that should understand the Danger to his Homeland and People if Tinubu should be pulled down (The Cabal that saw every Part of Nigeria as their Conquered Property used Federal Might heavily to advance their militia who raped a lot of Igbo women and killed many in Igbo Land before Tinubu got Buhari out of Power), is using his brother in NLC against President Tinubu. Every intelligent Person knows Nigerian History knows that there is no way Buhari would ever declare Obi winner then, even currently he stands no chance whatsoever as it was Atiku that came second.

Knowing fully well that Tinubu won the Presidency, and that Life has become much safer on Farms, in Forests, at Villages and even the wanton Life-destroying excesses of Buhari Boys in Cities such as the breaking into Lugbe Estates in Abuja, Efab Estates, etc has now become a thing of the past, how would you Advise our current President to tackle these Cabals? As we can now see that they are using their Strangle-hold on FOREX and Bureau de Change Industry to Punish Nigerians just like they used Emefiele to kill many Nigerians with unprecedented Hardship just because they wanted their Tribal Person to replace Buhari so that they can Continue their Hijacking of Ancestral Homelands of indigenous Nigerians which Tinubu has been fighting Tooth and Nail for since the days of Abiola that this same Canals almost killed him but ALMIGHTY GOD Preserve his Life for this same Purpose of this same Invaders' Battle that he has been fighting to save all indigenous Nigerians from. Every deep-thinking Nigerians are Fasting and Praying that ALMIGHTY GOD Help Tinubu to Conquer this long-time Formidable Enemies of hundreds of Millions of Indigenous People of Nigeria!
Good points! Thanks. Like if you Agree, share if not.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jung Cheol-Won: SouthKorean Skater Apologises After Early Celebration Costs Gold by crossfm: 11:45am On Oct 02, 2023
Hehehe.

Clout chasing is not good.

He must have learnt from his mistake.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jung Cheol-Won: SouthKorean Skater Apologises After Early Celebration Costs Gold by Andersonken(m): 11:46am On Oct 02, 2023
Sadly we learn from your mistake sometimes.

1 Like

Re: Jung Cheol-Won: SouthKorean Skater Apologises After Early Celebration Costs Gold by Gwizatasie: 11:46am On Oct 02, 2023
Never say never
Re: Jung Cheol-Won: SouthKorean Skater Apologises After Early Celebration Costs Gold by OkCornel(m): 11:47am On Oct 02, 2023
Meme worthy stuff.

Either for the BATists, Atikulates or Obidients…

Depending on how the day turns out eventually

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jung Cheol-Won: SouthKorean Skater Apologises After Early Celebration Costs Gold by Godofwar247(m): 11:48am On Oct 02, 2023
This is not a case of near success syndrome but a clear case of foolishness...

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jung Cheol-Won: SouthKorean Skater Apologises After Early Celebration Costs Gold by DeRuggedProf: 11:50am On Oct 02, 2023
So village people dey South Korea too..

4 Likes

Re: Jung Cheol-Won: SouthKorean Skater Apologises After Early Celebration Costs Gold by CooldipoMPS: 11:50am On Oct 02, 2023
grin
Re: Jung Cheol-Won: SouthKorean Skater Apologises After Early Celebration Costs Gold by computer0810(m): 11:51am On Oct 02, 2023
Klington:
That's how tilinbu and his sycophants, online miscreants and rag tags will apologize to well-meaning Nigerians for everything they put Nigerians through.

Just know that obi will never ever become the president of Nigeria.

An almajiri street beggar stand a better chance than him

8 Likes

Re: Jung Cheol-Won: SouthKorean Skater Apologises After Early Celebration Costs Gold by emmabest2000(m): 11:51am On Oct 02, 2023
This teaches us only one lesson

Never give up easily

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jung Cheol-Won: SouthKorean Skater Apologises After Early Celebration Costs Gold by wittywriter: 11:53am On Oct 02, 2023
Reverse-Savagery.

Wittyness
Re: Jung Cheol-Won: SouthKorean Skater Apologises After Early Celebration Costs Gold by Toluwanise247(m): 11:54am On Oct 02, 2023
The guy must be an obident…… they too like earl celebration. . From election result to ,court and now Chicago result 🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪

2 Likes

Re: Jung Cheol-Won: SouthKorean Skater Apologises After Early Celebration Costs Gold by bhella10: 11:55am On Oct 02, 2023
Moral of the story; Never count your chicken 🐔 until they are hatched grin

2 Likes

Re: Jung Cheol-Won: SouthKorean Skater Apologises After Early Celebration Costs Gold by Curse777: 11:55am On Oct 02, 2023
cool
Re: Jung Cheol-Won: SouthKorean Skater Apologises After Early Celebration Costs Gold by Didi2d(m): 11:55am On Oct 02, 2023
[quote author=Godofwar247 post=126147783]This is not a case of near success syndrome but a clear case of foolishness...[/quo

Very painful and annoying, I dey vex for the guy sef
Re: Jung Cheol-Won: SouthKorean Skater Apologises After Early Celebration Costs Gold by Caleb15(m): 11:56am On Oct 02, 2023
Damn nigga
Its alright
Re: Jung Cheol-Won: SouthKorean Skater Apologises After Early Celebration Costs Gold by Adakintroy: 11:56am On Oct 02, 2023
Klington:

You be mumu. Go find work.

This na delusion you de enter so. Connecting unrelated sport topic to tinubu is the climax.

1 Like

Re: Jung Cheol-Won: SouthKorean Skater Apologises After Early Celebration Costs Gold by Igboonaa(m): 11:58am On Oct 02, 2023
Na wa ooo
Re: Jung Cheol-Won: SouthKorean Skater Apologises After Early Celebration Costs Gold by Klington: 11:59am On Oct 02, 2023
computer0810:

Just know that obi will never ever become the president of Nigeria.

An almajiri street beggar stand a better chance than him

Cry more.

2 Likes

Re: Jung Cheol-Won: SouthKorean Skater Apologises After Early Celebration Costs Gold by Whatisurproblem(m): 12:01pm On Oct 02, 2023
Klington:
Demons no dey Apologize, what we should do is to pound them well well make Dem never reappear again

1 Like

Re: Jung Cheol-Won: SouthKorean Skater Apologises After Early Celebration Costs Gold by Skillsnigeria: 12:01pm On Oct 02, 2023
Hmmm
Re: Jung Cheol-Won: SouthKorean Skater Apologises After Early Celebration Costs Gold by 9jaBloke: 12:01pm On Oct 02, 2023
Video

(1) (2) (Reply)

CHAN: Nigeria’s Eze, Ojo Make Tournament Best XI [see Full List] / Champions League: Chelsea Eliminated By PSG - What's Next For The Blues? / Sport Activities In Enugu Today (photos Included)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.