Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,766 members, 7,817,112 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:11 AM

Nigerians On Jonathan Govt Scholarship Abandoned Abroad, Resort To Menial Jobs - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nigerians On Jonathan Govt Scholarship Abandoned Abroad, Resort To Menial Jobs (23548 Views)

“The Suffering Boy Has Graduated”- Man Who Did Menial Jobs To Sponsor His School / 2019 WAEC Overall Best Candidate, Favour Movel Gets FG, Plateau Govt Scholarship / Federal Govt Scholarship 2018 Interview Date Postponed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians On Jonathan Govt Scholarship Abandoned Abroad, Resort To Menial Jobs by madridsta007(m): 9:06am On Nov 09, 2018
timilinda:

U even dignify him with a reply.

I know. I shouldn’t have. He is a paid BMC troll.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians On Jonathan Govt Scholarship Abandoned Abroad, Resort To Menial Jobs by kessiah: 10:03am On Nov 09, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

This is so sad.
So Goodluck Jonathan did not consider these ones before he timidly threw in the throwel.

And some misfits dare refer to him as a hero of democracy.
Shame on you GEJ.

Other dimwits will now blame Buhari for this people's misfortune.
It is right of Buhari for not interceding. PRESSID was a GEJ initiative.

These stranded scholarship recipients should channel their complaints to GEJ who is morally obligated to ensure their total welfare.
This is not about PDP or APC, it is about being responsible.

Are you for real? can't you reason for once, GEJ introduced it, does it mean after he left office, the program should die, is government not continuation? So any good initiative of a past government should die. Please go to Alaba or Idumota and buy fake brain, because original will not work for your skull
Re: Nigerians On Jonathan Govt Scholarship Abandoned Abroad, Resort To Menial Jobs by chuksey1(m): 3:00pm On Nov 09, 2018
on4a:

Padi Padi means what though? This kind of mindset is why the country is where it is today. The scholarship was pure merit and many of us are from humble backgrounds, you think if top politicians had their kids on this we would be coming to nairaland here. Menial job is not the problem but if you went to school abroad you would know menial jobs cannot pay your tuition fees, rent and still live decently except you are doing the menial jobs full time! Is it not stupid that we have to resign "white collar" and go be slaves in another country?

You do menial jobs to survive and do not even have any empathy, God help you.

Let me tell u wat I know of. I once attended interview for one of these scholarships and surprisingly I met one our our respected professors in the university I finished from as one of the panelist for the scholarship I also met his son who finish from same faculty and school as me and was not even up to an average student he struggled to graduate. Surprisingly he got the scholarship and we went home empty handed..

That's the reality of Nigeria whether you agree with me or not.

I don't know where you are studying but I know in Germany part time menial jobs can take care of your living expenses an you work full time during the holliday to save money
Re: Nigerians On Jonathan Govt Scholarship Abandoned Abroad, Resort To Menial Jobs by on4a: 7:39pm On Nov 09, 2018
chuksey1:

Let me tell u wat I know of. I once attended interview for one of these scholarships and surprisingly I met one our our respected professors in the university I finished from as one of the panelist for the scholarship I also met his son who finish from same faculty and school as me and was not even up to an average student he struggled to graduate. Surprisingly he got the scholarship and we went home empty handed..

That's the reality of Nigeria whether you agree with me or not.

I don't know where you are studying but I know in Germany part time menial jobs can take care of your living expenses an you work full time during the holliday to save money

I see. You should not generalize your experience. The scholarship was pure merit for first class candidates. Aptitude test scores were released immediately after exams and SSCE results were weighted with that to select candidates. No interview or man know man. This was the first of it's kind in Nigeria. Do you pay tuition in Germany? Are you an undergraduate or a postgraduate student? Where do you go on holidays in a research programme?

Learn not to generalize your experience and cast aspersions on what you know little about. By the way, none of us struggled to graduate, they were over three thousand first class students across the country.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Jeffrey Lebari-Lube Nwidobie Wins 5 Awards At Tarleton State University / Zahrah Ibrahim Wins Best Paper Award At The University Of Aberdeen / DJ Cuppy Donates £100k To African Students At Oxford University

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.