Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,630 members, 7,958,883 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 06:31 AM

Igbo Monarchs Set To End The Osu Caste System Come December 28 - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Igbo Monarchs Set To End The Osu Caste System Come December 28 (19736 Views)

119 Villages Abolish Osu Caste System Practice In Nsukka / Igwe Kenneth Orizu: Why I Abolished Osu Caste System / Osu Caste System Abolished In Irete, Owerri West LGA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbo Monarchs Set To End The Osu Caste System Come December 28 by Patrioticman007(m): 11:38am On Nov 09, 2018
justflow1:
Such systems is repugnant to natural justice, equity and good conscience.
Abolishment is a welcome development
This is main reason missionaries converted south east & south south people easily due to their barbaric acts, they could not read & write. As such direct rule was needed for theses barbarians, how ever in the Northern part, shariah was well established that reading & writing was the other of the day. Hence in direct rule was applied in the North.
Re: Igbo Monarchs Set To End The Osu Caste System Come December 28 by AnanseK(m): 11:38am On Nov 09, 2018
Congratulations to all those noisy Osus on Nairaland. Welcome to civilization
Re: Igbo Monarchs Set To End The Osu Caste System Come December 28 by Nobody: 11:41am On Nov 09, 2018
jakandeola:
I hate IBO for dis and av sware nothing can make me marry them

it's so sad that ur, stupidity cannot be cured with mere words . you think you made sense abi,
I've said this time and over again, it's OK not to comment if you have nothing meaningful to say, can't you just use your brain for once to do or say something meaningful.
you tenses are even worth crying for, makes me wonder if you attended primary school. (what is " Sware"
it's OK to want to be stupid but coming online or in a public forum to display is what bothers me.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Monarchs Set To End The Osu Caste System Come December 28 by Dpharisee: 11:55am On Nov 09, 2018
OkaNaUbe:
Hmm. This has been abolished severally all to no avail.

It won't work. After abolition, parents, even religious parents, still won't allow their children to marry an OSU.

This caste system is also strongly adhered to in India.

Never been done from Nri which is taken as the cradle of Igboland by the entire South east traditional rulers. India is not Nigeria.

This time it will be implemented like the Supreme Court judgement on female inheritance in Igboland which is working there now.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Monarchs Set To End The Osu Caste System Come December 28 by Iceman2017(m): 12:19pm On Nov 09, 2018
Yorobastard:

With the education of the incoming generation and prosecution of any family involved in it
Prosecution??
I doubt it bro.. Education and time can only help out.
The stigma is a personal thing. I can decide not to associate with anybody that is osu.
Nobody can mandate anyone to go in contrary to what he believes.
In my place Abia state, there is nothing like that OSU. In fact I got to hear of it in as a grown man. I just can't fathom how people can easily disassociate with people just because of the mistakes of their forefathers.
Re: Igbo Monarchs Set To End The Osu Caste System Come December 28 by Yorobastard(m): 12:33pm On Nov 09, 2018
Iceman2017:

Prosecution??
I doubt it bro.. Education and time can only help out.
The stigma is a personal thing. I can decide not to associate with anybody that is osu.
Nobody can mandate anyone to go in contrary to what he believes.
In my place Abia state, there is nothing like that OSU. In fact I got to hear of it in as a grown man. I just can't fathom how people can easily disassociate with people just because of the mistakes of their forefathers.

Oga believe me it will work.....education will take longer but at the end it's the decision of the individual

1 Like

Re: Igbo Monarchs Set To End The Osu Caste System Come December 28 by Nobody: 12:37pm On Nov 09, 2018
Dpharisee:

Never been done from Nri which is taken as the cradle of Igboland by the entire South east traditional rulers. India is not Nigeria.

This time it will be implemented like the Supreme Court judgement on female inheritance in Igboland which is working there now.

Working where? I am an Igbo and would educate you better.
Re: Igbo Monarchs Set To End The Osu Caste System Come December 28 by Nobody: 12:39pm On Nov 09, 2018
Roger3D:
This is some real bad news. You mean to tell me hat after December 28 my nairaland osu friends LZAA and Immhotep will no longer be osus? This is unacceptable, in fact I will not take it grin
LMAO
When we tell you that Igbo amaka you will start arguments upandan grin

Cc velocity25 eternaltruths jumpandpas

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbo Monarchs Set To End The Osu Caste System Come December 28 by obienroute: 12:46pm On Nov 09, 2018
It's a good development, but frankly it's only said in words and not done in the real sense. If the traditional rulers and elders are honest about this, the kings and elders should give their daughter's and sons a go ahead to marry the so called OSU's and equally be present at the traditional marriage as proof that it has been abolished. Change begins with you.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Monarchs Set To End The Osu Caste System Come December 28 by Dpharisee: 12:49pm On Nov 09, 2018
OkaNaUbe:

Working where? I am an Igbo and would educate you better.

Its working because the women can go to FIDA to fight their cases except you are current of the recent developments in the South East, the people are advancing
Check this link for the latest court decision on the matter.
Even the traditional rulers have accepted it as a new way of life

https://www.independent.ng/court-upholds-female-property-inheritance-in-imo/
https://www.lindaikejisblog.com/2018/11/court-upholds-right-of-females-to-inherit-properties-in-imo-2.html
Re: Igbo Monarchs Set To End The Osu Caste System Come December 28 by jumpandpas(m): 12:59pm On Nov 09, 2018
immhotep:

LMAO
When we tell you that Igbo amaka you will start arguments upandan grin

Cc velocity25 eternaltruths jumpandpas

Sai barbarism won't let Roger3D to know that osu is in Osun state and Ejigbo people and Ijebu don't marry each other.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbo Monarchs Set To End The Osu Caste System Come December 28 by MrSly(m): 1:04pm On Nov 09, 2018
jakandeola:
Who cares?
Re: Igbo Monarchs Set To End The Osu Caste System Come December 28 by Konquest: 1:06pm On Nov 09, 2018
Giftedhand92:

Read more:
https://zenithnaija.com/igbo-monarchs-set-to-end-the-osu-caste-system-come-december-28/

^^^^^
^^^^^
Ibos can NEVER stop it.
It is deeply ingrained in
their culture.

The best thing is to force
the so-called "diala and osu"
to intermarry at gun point! grin

Seriously!
Re: Igbo Monarchs Set To End The Osu Caste System Come December 28 by oyatz(m): 1:07pm On Nov 09, 2018
You hate Igbo and you can't marry Igbo but you are quick to fvck an Igbo...hypocrisy is your name.

Let's stop all these tribalism in 21st century.

jakandeola:

1 Like

Re: Igbo Monarchs Set To End The Osu Caste System Come December 28 by Susu888(m): 1:16pm On Nov 09, 2018
Dpharisee:

Just a little deviation, those who are referred to as Osu have the most beautiful ladies and men because they are descendants of the strongest and most handsome in the family [b]who were sacrificed to serve the gods (the gods are given only the best) or sold into slavery to the white man who wanted only the strongest and most fit to work in his plantations [/b]in the New World. But thats not what this event is all about.

So goin by wht u wrote up there we can deduce that igbos consider white men Gods?? Chai no wonder!

IGBO Amaka grin
Re: Igbo Monarchs Set To End The Osu Caste System Come December 28 by Susu888(m): 1:16pm On Nov 09, 2018
Dpharisee:

Just a little deviation, those who are referred to as Osu have the most beautiful ladies and men because they are descendants of the strongest and most handsome in the family [b]who were sacrificed to serve the gods (the gods are given only the best) or sold into slavery to the white man who wanted only the strongest and most fit to work in his plantations [/b]in the New World. But thats not what this event is all about.

So goin by wht u wrote up there we can deduce that igbos consider white men Gods?? Chai no wonder nyamiris plenty for AMELICA (they where serving the Gods) cheesy

IGBO Amaka grin
Re: Igbo Monarchs Set To End The Osu Caste System Come December 28 by enemyofprogress: 1:23pm On Nov 09, 2018
Now lala can marry his osu babe.

I just boughted a new phone and it's walking faster than the hold one that I boughted befour
Re: Igbo Monarchs Set To End The Osu Caste System Come December 28 by PHIPEX(m): 1:23pm On Nov 09, 2018
Ategberoson:
OSU means someone that's not an indigenous right?

how is that related to marriage. I'm lost here, anyone to educate me
Nope, it means someone who belongs to a deity.
Re: Igbo Monarchs Set To End The Osu Caste System Come December 28 by SpaceAngel: 1:28pm On Nov 09, 2018
Same thing practiced in India. undecided
Re: Igbo Monarchs Set To End The Osu Caste System Come December 28 by jakandeola(m): 1:49pm On Nov 09, 2018
oyatz:
You hate Igbo and you can't marry Igbo but you are quick to fvck an Igbo...hypocrisy is your name.

Let's stop all these tribalism in 21st century.

they are only good for sex cos they lack manners and to marry dem is a problem a girl I bring home to mum Neva respect her
Re: Igbo Monarchs Set To End The Osu Caste System Come December 28 by jakandeola(m): 1:50pm On Nov 09, 2018
Scizzer:

it's so sad that ur, stupidity cannot be cured with mere words . you think you made sense abi,
I've said this time and over again, it's OK not to comment if you have nothing meaningful to say, can't you just use your brain for once to do or say something meaningful.
you tenses are even worth crying for, makes me wonder if you attended primary school. (what is " Sware"
it's OK to want to be stupid but coming online or in a public forum to display is what bothers me.
if I pain u hang ursef but is the truth
Re: Igbo Monarchs Set To End The Osu Caste System Come December 28 by jakandeola(m): 1:55pm On Nov 09, 2018
Yorobastard:

Oga they don't like you too....no woman would want a woman beater so gbenu e soun

am not a woman beater I hate to beat woman but if she do wrong den I should correct her
Re: Igbo Monarchs Set To End The Osu Caste System Come December 28 by jakandeola(m): 1:58pm On Nov 09, 2018
Oyindidi:
I'm not Igbo, calling them pig is not cool. Jaks the blogger longest time
those people are animals abeg see how dey act. is been long dear.miss u a lot am on ban and busy at work
Re: Igbo Monarchs Set To End The Osu Caste System Come December 28 by Oyindidi(f): 2:01pm On Nov 09, 2018
jakandeola:
those people are animals abeg see how dey act. is been long dear.miss u a lot am on ban and busy at work
Okay Jaks the blogger, how are you doing?
Re: Igbo Monarchs Set To End The Osu Caste System Come December 28 by jakandeola(m): 2:02pm On Nov 09, 2018
Pekele007:

go school u won't. anumanu
toad
Re: Igbo Monarchs Set To End The Osu Caste System Come December 28 by Ategberoson(m): 2:04pm On Nov 09, 2018
PHIPEX:
Nope, it means someone who belongs to a deity.

OK thanks bro
Re: Igbo Monarchs Set To End The Osu Caste System Come December 28 by Duru1(m): 2:07pm On Nov 09, 2018
jakandeola:
[b]illetrate animals [/b]that lived like is 1949

It takes on illiterate animal to recognize another. From your inability to write illiterate correctly, you could be worse than animal. I would want you to denounce the human sacrifice which is prominent in Yari.ba land till today. I will take Osu system over the practice of human sacrifice.
Re: Igbo Monarchs Set To End The Osu Caste System Come December 28 by jakandeola(m): 2:09pm On Nov 09, 2018
Oyindidi:
Okay Jaks the blogger, how are you doing?

am fine dear am okay
Re: Igbo Monarchs Set To End The Osu Caste System Come December 28 by jakandeola(m): 2:10pm On Nov 09, 2018
Duru1:

It takes on illiterate animal to recognize another. From your inability to write illiterate correctly, you could be worse than animal.

barstard dont blog to me again #ignore
Re: Igbo Monarchs Set To End The Osu Caste System Come December 28 by Duru1(m): 2:14pm On Nov 09, 2018
jakandeola:

barstard dont blog to me again #ignore

I lived in Yari.ba land for a long time and no part of Nigeria had produced more bastards than Yari.ba land. This is a factual fact. Again, it seems you have issue with grammar.
Re: Igbo Monarchs Set To End The Osu Caste System Come December 28 by Yorobastard(m): 2:17pm On Nov 09, 2018
jakandeola:

am not a woman beater I hate to beat woman but if she do wrong den I should correct her

Yes correct her by not beating her....that how it's done

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Photo: Wrestling Festival In Adamawa / Ooni Of Ife Lays Wreath At Commonwealth Remembrance Day In UK(Pics) / List Of Obas In Yoruba Land (ranking Of Yoruba Monarchs)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.