Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,136 members, 7,829,065 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:23 PM

ASUU Strike Update - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU Strike Update (1855 Views)

ASUU strike update / ASUU Strike Update: ASUU To Announce Continuation Or Suspension Today. / ASUU Strike Update: BUK Kano, UI, ABSU, ATBU Others Voted To Continue Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

ASUU Strike Update by zyboss: 1:35am On Nov 09, 2018
The current strike embarked upon by the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) seems not to be close to being called off. This is ecause the federal government had on Monday, November 5, 2018, said it did not have the financial power currently to meet the demands of the Union.

The Education Minister Adamu Adamu, stated this while addressing journalist in Abuja. He said the crash in the prices of oil globally has affected the economic fortunes of Nigeria.

This, he explained, had dire consequences on all sectors of the economy, including education.

ASUU Strike Update. Earlier,we reported on ASUU Commences Indefinite Strike

The government also accused the administration of late president, Umaru Yar’Adua, of making bogus promises to the union during a period of oil boom.

“Let me begin by saying that the issues necessitating this strike dates back to 2009 when the then government of late President Umaru Musa Yar Adua signed an agreement with the ASUU on funding of the federal universities in the country,” he said.

According to the education minister, the agreement provided for funding of universities to the tune of N1.3 trillion over a period of six years. It is instructive to know that Nigeria was experiencing the oil boom at that time. It was therefore expected that government will be able to meet the terms of agreement.

“However, international oil prices crashed in subsequent years thereby throwing the country into economic hardship. At the inception of this administration, the country’s economic fortunes worsened, nose diving into recession, with dire consequences on all sectors of the economy, including education,” he said.

Mr Adamu said the country just exited recession and is beginning to recover from the consequences of low oil prices.

“If this trend continues, definitely, the education sector will also improve, in other words, the well-being of the education sector and any other sector of the country’s economy is a function of the international oil prices. This is the stack reality for now which all of us must acknowledge and accept.”

The minister appealed to both parents, ASUU and students to exercise restraint in their response to the education sector.

See details here...>>>https://www.infomaza.com/ASUU-strike-update-no-money-meet-ASUU-demands-fg
Re: ASUU Strike Update by Nobody: 8:44am On Nov 09, 2018
You better implement their agreement except you want to loose elections.
Re: ASUU Strike Update by Nobody: 9:27am On Nov 09, 2018
I want them to strike till January wink
Re: ASUU Strike Update by followfollow67: 9:34am On Nov 09, 2018
WE DESIGN AND DEVELOP ALL TYPES AND KINDS OF WEBSITES, WEB APPS AND MOBILE APPS THAT ARE CUSTOM-MADE FOR YOUR BUSINESS, ORGANISATION OR BRAND

We have FULL-STACK Development professional team working at your service from our corporate office in Ikeja, Lagos

== Secure SSL Certificate Installed for FREE
== 1 year US-based Hosting (comes with unlimited Traffic)
== Free Domain for 1 Year
== Beautiful Crafted Website
== SEO Implementation with Google Analytics & Google Console for Good online Ranking
== Comes developed with VERY GOOD Website Speed!
== Logo Design for your Brand (in case you don’t have)
== Websites comes with 99.9% uptime
== Basic Website Maintenance for 2 Months for FREE...YES! For Absolutely FREE!
== 2 Banner Designs to promote your brand…FOR FREE
== Unlimited Hosting Space

DONT Let Web Quacks Develop your web/mobile apps for your business

Gets Started, NOW!

Re: ASUU Strike Update by eddyghali(m): 9:44am On Nov 09, 2018
netoc65:
I want them to strike till January wink

Its a six month strike...November no one is negotiating, December campaign, no one will, January campaign, February election, march court case, April court case, may swearing in, June arrangement of new cabinet members, July negotiation with ASUU, how long is that from November?
Re: ASUU Strike Update by Nobody: 9:46am On Nov 09, 2018
eddyghali:

Its a six month strike...November no one is negotiating, December campaign, no one will, January campaign, February election, march court case, April court case, may swearing in, June arrangement of new cabinet members, July negotiation with ASUU, how long is that from November?

I will just graduate myself grin
Re: ASUU Strike Update by eddyghali(m): 10:16am On Nov 09, 2018
netoc65:

I will just graduate myself grin
Look for Business to do...or Job
Re: ASUU Strike Update by Nobody: 10:19am On Nov 09, 2018
eddyghali:

Look for Business to do...or Job

I'd gladly do that. But jobs aren't easy to come by nowadays. You've got one for me?
Re: ASUU Strike Update by brightahia(m): 10:42am On Nov 09, 2018
when two elephants fights, the grass suffers
in this case of ASUU strike, the students will suffer
Re: ASUU Strike Update by eddyghali(m): 6:28pm On Nov 09, 2018
[quote author=netoc65 post=72813466]

I'd gladly do that. But jobs aren't easy to come by nowadays. You've got one for me sef dey look for one.

(1) (Reply)

They Think I Have Gone,this Will Shock Them(mr Shape) / Career Choices In Nigeria / Futo Releases 3rd And Final List

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.