Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,972 members, 7,817,853 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:13 PM

Mother Reveals Why She Is Still Breastfeeding Her 9-year-old Kid - Photos - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Mother Reveals Why She Is Still Breastfeeding Her 9-year-old Kid - Photos (743 Views)

I Came Home And Found My Sister Breastfeeding My Son — I Called The Cops / AFP Features Nigerian Surrogate Mother. Reveals How It Is Done In Nigeria (Photo / Mother Who Had Accident, Broken Leg, Breastfeeding Her Baby At The Scene (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mother Reveals Why She Is Still Breastfeeding Her 9-year-old Kid - Photos by dabrin: 8:36am On Nov 09, 2018
As weird and strange as it may sound, to this mother, breastfeeding her 9 year old daughter is right, and even has some healthy benefits.

The British mother revealed how she will miss breastfeeding her daughter after the youngster finally weaned – at age 9.

Sharon Spink, who is a mother of four, insisted that feeding daughter Charlotte until earlier the age of nine was completely normal and has cemented a lifelong bond between the pair.

Spink, who supports natural term weaning, claims Charlotte is healthy and rarely ill, thanks to the beneficial properties of breast milk.

And despite facing a backlash from critics who have accused her of child abuse, Sharon, 50, wants to break down the stigma around breastfeeding older children – believing there are many mothers out there who are doing it. She said;

“When I came to have Charlotte, I had decided on natural term weaning. It’s nice for the child to be in control of when they want to wean, rather than forcing the issue.”

“She naturally self-weaned earlier this year. It was a gradual process and her choice. She was feeding about once a month if she wasn’t feeling great or was feeling a bit run down and was going longer and longer without feeding.

“Now she hasn’t done it for about two months. She told me she would stop when she was 10 which will be in April next year but it seems to have come to a natural end earlier, although I would have allowed her to continue for as long as she wants to.”

Sharon claims Charlotte is very healthy and rarely gets ill due to breast milk’s boost to the immune system.

She said she was determined to breastfeed Charlotte after struggling to do it with her other three children Kim, 30, Sarah, 28, and Isabel, 12.

BY GISTMORE - http://gistmore.com/mother-reveals-still-breastfeeding-9-year-old-kid

Lalasticlala mynd44 Dominique

Re: Mother Reveals Why She Is Still Breastfeeding Her 9-year-old Kid - Photos by dabrin: 8:37am On Nov 09, 2018
cool
Re: Mother Reveals Why She Is Still Breastfeeding Her 9-year-old Kid - Photos by Nobody: 8:38am On Nov 09, 2018
This is disgusting.

What's the name of the young boy king of one of the seven kingdoms in Game of Thrones who was breast feeding at 12 I think?
Re: Mother Reveals Why She Is Still Breastfeeding Her 9-year-old Kid - Photos by Nobody: 8:38am On Nov 09, 2018
Interesting..
Re: Mother Reveals Why She Is Still Breastfeeding Her 9-year-old Kid - Photos by midolian(m): 8:45am On Nov 09, 2018
And the breast milk no gree dry up?
Re: Mother Reveals Why She Is Still Breastfeeding Her 9-year-old Kid - Photos by PharmaGirl(f): 8:47am On Nov 09, 2018
cheesy
Re: Mother Reveals Why She Is Still Breastfeeding Her 9-year-old Kid - Photos by Emmafe(m): 9:08am On Nov 09, 2018
Dz one weak me shocked

Check my signature for gadget deals
Re: Mother Reveals Why She Is Still Breastfeeding Her 9-year-old Kid - Photos by Kwamecron(m): 9:13am On Nov 09, 2018
And the baby don start dey wear glass self. How come
Re: Mother Reveals Why She Is Still Breastfeeding Her 9-year-old Kid - Photos by Oyindidi(f): 11:25am On Nov 09, 2018
I no fit play with my breast like thisgrin
Re: Mother Reveals Why She Is Still Breastfeeding Her 9-year-old Kid - Photos by Ranchhoddas: 1:35pm On Nov 09, 2018
kennygee:
This is disgusting.

What's the name of the young boy king of one of the seven kingdoms in Game of Thrones who was breast feeding at 12 I think?
Robin Arryn!

(1) (Reply)

When Will Nigerians Start Using Solar Energy For Households? / Rothschild Family Is 5 Times Richer Than The Top 8 Billionaires Of The World / How Do You See A Man Who Can Cook.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.