Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,367 members, 7,954,489 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 08:13 PM

We Are Returning Nigeria’s Cotton Industry To The ‘Good Old Days’ – PMB - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Are Returning Nigeria’s Cotton Industry To The ‘Good Old Days’ – PMB (13104 Views)

Doctors Trained In Russia, Ukraine Are Returning To Nigeria For Work, Says Ngige / Imo: “you Are Returning To Govt House,” – Pastor Tells Ihedioha / Nigeria Gets $2bn Cotton Industry Investment From Chinese Firm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Are Returning Nigeria’s Cotton Industry To The ‘Good Old Days’ – PMB by Grayxme: 6:09pm On Nov 12, 2018
This is indeed commendable as it will give millions of Nigerians jobs

1 Like

Re: We Are Returning Nigeria’s Cotton Industry To The ‘Good Old Days’ – PMB by Malikcoker: 6:14pm On Nov 12, 2018
Buhari Promised to revive the rail sector, Agriculture and so far those two sectors are contributing significantly to the nations GDP
eyeview:
It simply means it won't happen cos nothing Buhari ever promises gets fulfilled. He should first go back and write waec to fulfil the promise his principal made on his behalf before promising new ones
Re: We Are Returning Nigeria’s Cotton Industry To The ‘Good Old Days’ – PMB by Grayxme: 6:14pm On Nov 12, 2018
This is indeed commendable as it will give millions of Nigerians jobs
Re: We Are Returning Nigeria’s Cotton Industry To The ‘Good Old Days’ – PMB by eyeview: 6:20pm On Nov 12, 2018
Malikcoker:
Buhari Promised to revive the rail sector, Agriculture and so far those two sectors are contributing significantly to the nations GDP

My brother, I won't go into the indices of macro economics as it may fly over your head but I will help you with a simple index. What was the price of a bag of rice before may 2015 and what is the price today? How much was garri then and how much is it today.
Anything they quote on agriculture is easily verifiable in the market place where you and I shop. It is the template for anything agriculture. If tomatoes, beans, rice etc are not cheaper than pre buhari era, just know that it's propaganda.
Re: We Are Returning Nigeria’s Cotton Industry To The ‘Good Old Days’ – PMB by Nobody: 6:42pm On Nov 12, 2018
Jubril from Sudan.. See how short he is
Re: We Are Returning Nigeria’s Cotton Industry To The ‘Good Old Days’ – PMB by Iziquiel(m): 7:28pm On Nov 12, 2018
eyeview:
It simply means it won't happen cos nothing Buhari ever promises gets fulfilled. He should first go back and write waec to fulfil the promise his principal made on his behalf before promising new ones
Son of a nobody..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We Are Returning Nigeria’s Cotton Industry To The ‘Good Old Days’ – PMB by emmanuelzi(m): 8:26pm On Nov 12, 2018
quickberry:
President Muhammadu Buhari, Friday, in Abuja, pledged the commitment of his administration to revive the ‘good old days’ when the cotton and textile industry employed hundreds of thousands of Nigerians.
Receiving the CEO of Vlisco Group, David Suddens, at the Presidential Villa, President Buhari welcomed the proposed investment of $200 million by the company in Nigeria, which will, in turn, create 700,000 jobs.

''I am very much aware of your company’s effort especially your investments in the textile industry, and it is one area that we are trying to develop because it will create employment and boost agriculture.

''To get cotton to grow again in the country is like going back to the good old days when the textile industry used to employ more than hundreds of thousands of people.
''I am very excited about the prospects of reviving the industry because it will keep farmers busy, create employment which brings more security, help the economy, transfer of technology and of course we have a large market to absorb the products,'' the President said.

President Buhari reiterated Nigeria’s commitment to forging a stronger economic partnership with the Netherlands, assuring the Dutch investor that the Nigerian authorities will continue to do the utmost to keep smugglers at bay at borders.

In his remarks, Suddens told the President that the 172-year-old company plans to use cotton grown in Nigeria for production.

''I want a new strategy that brings Vlisco manufacturing to Nigeria. I want to change the supply chain from Asia to Nigeria.

''For the total supply chain for cotton, textile and garment industry from weaving, spinning, printing to retail, we want to use Nigeria cotton and we have already started to encourage the creative industries in the country to find a voice and give them a platform across the world.

''I am convinced that it is time for the textile industry to move from Asia to Africa, '' he said.

Also speaking, the Dutch Ambassador to Nigeria, Mr Robert Petri told President Buhari that the company’s visit was a follow-up to his successful visit to the Netherlands in July, during which he met with Chief Executive Officers of Dutch companies.

''Also during that visit, a Memorandum of Understanding was signed between our two countries seeking more intensified cooperation. After that visit, there were more successive visits by top Dutch officials to Nigeria.

''This shows that we are seriously committed to furthering our collaboration,'' Petri said.

Femi Adesina
Special Adviser to the President
(Media & Publicity)
November 9, 2018

Source: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/11/i-promise-to-return-nigerias-cotton-industry-to-the-good-old-days-buhari/

just as Nigeria air returned to it good old days.
Re: We Are Returning Nigeria’s Cotton Industry To The ‘Good Old Days’ – PMB by RotimiBliss: 9:03pm On Nov 12, 2018
eyeview:

:-D dis got me laffing

1 Like

Re: We Are Returning Nigeria’s Cotton Industry To The ‘Good Old Days’ – PMB by venbb99: 9:59pm On Nov 12, 2018
hmm
Re: We Are Returning Nigeria’s Cotton Industry To The ‘Good Old Days’ – PMB by blacknp(m): 10:16pm On Nov 12, 2018
emmanuelzi:

just as Nigeria air returned to it good old days.
Rome was not built in a day,you should know better? Who the cap fits let them wear it.
Re: We Are Returning Nigeria’s Cotton Industry To The ‘Good Old Days’ – PMB by Abdulrahmanibra(m): 6:20am On Nov 13, 2018
quickberry:
President Muhammadu Buhari, Friday, in Abuja, pledged the commitment of his administration to revive the ‘good old days’ when the cotton and textile industry employed hundreds of thousands of Nigerians.
Receiving the CEO of Vlisco Group, David Suddens, at the Presidential Villa, President Buhari welcomed the proposed investment of $200 million by the company in Nigeria, which will, in turn, create 700,000 jobs.

''I am very much aware of your company’s effort especially your investments in the textile industry, and it is one area that we are trying to develop because it will create employment and boost agriculture.

''To get cotton to grow again in the country is like going back to the good old days when the textile industry used to employ more than hundreds of thousands of people.
''I am very excited about the prospects of reviving the industry because it will keep farmers busy, create employment which brings more security, help the economy, transfer of technology and of course we have a large market to absorb the products,'' the President said.

President Buhari reiterated Nigeria’s commitment to forging a stronger economic partnership with the Netherlands, assuring the Dutch investor that the Nigerian authorities will continue to do the utmost to keep smugglers at bay at borders.

In his remarks, Suddens told the President that the 172-year-old company plans to use cotton grown in Nigeria for production.

''I want a new strategy that brings Vlisco manufacturing to Nigeria. I want to change the supply chain from Asia to Nigeria.

''For the total supply chain for cotton, textile and garment industry from weaving, spinning, printing to retail, we want to use Nigeria cotton and we have already started to encourage the creative industries in the country to find a voice and give them a platform across the world.

''I am convinced that it is time for the textile industry to move from Asia to Africa, '' he said.

Also speaking, the Dutch Ambassador to Nigeria, Mr Robert Petri told President Buhari that the company’s visit was a follow-up to his successful visit to the Netherlands in July, during which he met with Chief Executive Officers of Dutch companies.

''Also during that visit, a Memorandum of Understanding was signed between our two countries seeking more intensified cooperation. After that visit, there were more successive visits by top Dutch officials to Nigeria.

''This shows that we are seriously committed to furthering our collaboration,'' Petri said.

Femi Adesina
Special Adviser to the President
(Media & Publicity)
November 9, 2018

Source: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/11/i-promise-to-return-nigerias-cotton-industry-to-the-good-old-days-buhari/

Someone is not happy, which must be hypocrite
Re: We Are Returning Nigeria’s Cotton Industry To The ‘Good Old Days’ – PMB by emmanuelzi(m): 11:57am On Nov 13, 2018
blacknp:
Rome was not built in a day,you should know better? Who the cap fits let them wear it.

they are still building Nigeria air right?
Re: We Are Returning Nigeria’s Cotton Industry To The ‘Good Old Days’ – PMB by Malikcoker: 5:23pm On Nov 13, 2018
You want to go into macro index, But your intro point is this beer parlour talk of price of garri. Was the Price of garri and rice in 1999 the same with 2015 when GEJ left it? Tsheww don't waste my time please
eyeview:

My brother, I won't go into the indices of macro economics as it may fly over your head but I will help you with a simple index. What was the price of a bag of rice before may 2015 and what is the price today? How much was garri then and how much is it today.
Anything they quote on agriculture is easily verifiable in the market place where you and I shop. It is the template for anything agriculture. If tomatoes, beans, rice etc are not cheaper than pre buhari era, just know that it's propaganda.
Re: We Are Returning Nigeria’s Cotton Industry To The ‘Good Old Days’ – PMB by Modarun(m): 4:46am On Nov 15, 2018
Grayxme:
I could remember many of my classmates parent back in 2013 in Kaduna who were textile workers lost their jobs and situation got so bad that some of them couldnt cater for their children's needs anymore....It was indeed disastrous when Textile factories in Kaduna were shot down due to lack of funds as millions of Nigerians were rendered jobless. I really commend the President for its assurance to take us back to the good old days of the textile industries as it will go a long way in creating jobs to millions of Nigerians.

Big fat lie, where inbkaduna, bros, My dad was a very big supplier of Kaduna textile, it was shut down cos the Hausas running the complex stole all the production money and cos of cheaper imports. And that textile didnt die in 2013, it went dead as at early 2000.
Mr. Suan who heads thebproduction used to come to ma dads office to talk business and the nation for hours. Kaduna textile was killed by Northerners heading it, same thing happened with Poeguet, and so on. Zarinjet too was ran down but Northerners.
Buhari has never been able to fix or do anything, The Kaduna refinery has not only gluped Billions, but we all knw for close to 3years now Kaduna residence have not seen the characteristics flanes burning from the that pipes. Only those who dnt knw anything would agree with you.
Re: We Are Returning Nigeria’s Cotton Industry To The ‘Good Old Days’ – PMB by deltaisgreat: 8:06am On Nov 15, 2018
bamidelee:

don't die of hatred for this man
ipob terrorist
the alaja steel company, Abiokwuta steel, Nigeria airways, Nigeria refineries, boko haram, medical trips by government officials, improved economy, improved Naira strength, better security, eliminating corruption, reducing poverty, reducing fuel pump price all these and many others that he promised during campaign in 2015 to revive. All that he met are worse since APC and buhari took over. Poverty has increased in Nigeria, no security again anywhere again in the country, promotion of hate speech and divided Nigeria is worse now 97% & 5% vote comes to mind, no thanks to buhari, fuel price increased, cost of living increased, Naira fall in value, herdsmen suddenly became so powerful that they are now recognised as the 4th deadliest terrorist group in the world yet our president fined no reason to declare them terrorists but mere criminals like he called them. Has he eliminated corruption as promised? Corruption is on the increase today in Nigeria. Disunity every where you go. Alaja steel and Abiokwuta steel are forgotten already. After all these promise and fail or promise and deny, you expect sound minds in Nigeria to believe in buhari's promises again because another election in coming? Is only a dullard that will believe buhari ,APC and their fake promises again.
Re: We Are Returning Nigeria’s Cotton Industry To The ‘Good Old Days’ – PMB by emmanuelzi(m): 8:07pm On Nov 17, 2018
blacknp:

so you saying the cap does fit Buhari so well.
hiss

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Hadiza Bala Usman For Minister / Ngige: My Neighbour And I Are Considering Suing NLC For Blocking My House / N537m: Donald Duke Considering Out-of-court Talk With AMCON Over Seized Property

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.