Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,044 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:38 AM

I Remain Imo Guber Candidate – Uzodinma - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Remain Imo Guber Candidate – Uzodinma (625 Views)

"I Remain Governor Of Osun State" - Gboyega Oyetola / Defection: I Remain In APC – Tinubu / I Remain In APC, Another Senator Included In The Defection List Cries Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Remain Imo Guber Candidate – Uzodinma by odiks: 5:33pm On Nov 09, 2018
The presumed winner of October 1st governorship primary election in Imo state, Senator Hope Uzodinma, has said that he remains the authentic candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC) for the 2019 governorship election in the state.

Uzodinma, in a statement issued on Friday by The Hope Uzodimma campaign organisation, reiterated that Sen Hope Uzodimma remains the APC candidate for Imo Governorship, assuring that his name will be published accordingly by INEC.

A statement in Owerri by the Director of Media and Special Duties of the Campaign Organisation, Hon Declan M Emelumba, said the claim by the Okorocha group that they stopped the publication of his name by INEC through a court order was misleading because they never really had any court order,.

He explained that the Federal high Court in Owerri Friday declined to grant the order they sought for, adding that, “There’s no court order. The court declined the order.

Besides Uzodimma is the APC candidate for Imo state by INEC as acknowledge by INEC. So anybody telling you any other thing is not telling the truth. I can assure you that INEC will publish Uzodimma’s name accordingly.”

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/i-remain-imo-guber-candidate-uzodinma.html

Meanwhile....

Nwosu commends INEC for omitting APC from provisional list

One of the contenders to the governorship primary of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in Imo State, Uche Nwosu has commended the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) for obeying a court Order restraining it from accepting or publishing any other name as the governorship candidate of the party in the state.

The provisional list of the governorship candidate for 2019 election in Imo state was displayed by INEC on Friday without the name of any candidate for the APC.

Nwosu said the action of the National Chairman as it regards the party primaries was the height of impunity that was capable of undermining the chances of the party.

According to him, “I want to thank the National Chairman of INEC, Mahmood Yakubu for adhering to the rule of law by obeying subsisting Court Order as it concerns the Imo APC.

I did not know why Oshiomole should insist on changing the name of people that won primary elections with that of those that never won.

In my own case I won the governorship primary, I have Police report, DSS report and INEC report affirming my elections as the APC governorship candidate in Imo.

I don’t know why Oshiomole is trying to substitute my name with that of the person that never won election”.

Nwosu was however optimistic that he will reclaim his mandate, stressing, “I am confident that the Court which is the last hope of the average man will dispense justice in this matter and my mandate as the APC governorship candidate will be restored.”

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/imo-governorship-nwosu-commends-inec-for-omitting-apc-from-provisional-list.html
Re: I Remain Imo Guber Candidate – Uzodinma by highqueen(f): 5:35pm On Nov 09, 2018
We Imolites don't give a hoot about You, okorocha or APCHEAT.
BLEEP Y'ALL WITH YOUR SATANIC PARTY.
NDI ARA undecided

1 Like

Re: I Remain Imo Guber Candidate – Uzodinma by bedspread: 5:40pm On Nov 09, 2018
See the way Rochas, Apc , The Judiciary and INEC are Disgracing us!!

It's Unfortunate!!

1 Like

Re: I Remain Imo Guber Candidate – Uzodinma by Cownu: 5:40pm On Nov 09, 2018
highqueen:
We Imolites don't give a hoot about You, okorocha or APCHEAT.
BLEEP Y'ALL WITH YOUR SATANIC PARTY.
NDI ARA undecided
Says someone living in Lagos .
Continue to spew trash online
Re: I Remain Imo Guber Candidate – Uzodinma by jlinkd78(m): 5:44pm On Nov 09, 2018
Either way APC looses Imo.
Re: I Remain Imo Guber Candidate – Uzodinma by Omeokachie: 5:46pm On Nov 09, 2018
I like that term... "presumed winner", just like June 12 grin

1 Like

Re: I Remain Imo Guber Candidate – Uzodinma by slivertongue: 6:01pm On Nov 09, 2018
Uzodinma sud stop wastin his time. APC wont win imo even if GMB&Rochas suports any candidate.SE aint out 4lifeless xters

1 Like

Re: I Remain Imo Guber Candidate – Uzodinma by Kennedy94(m): 6:05pm On Nov 09, 2018
I just believe apc in imo state has lost ground.Due to okorocha greediness.
Re: I Remain Imo Guber Candidate – Uzodinma by Gandollar(f): 6:10pm On Nov 09, 2018
Cownu:

Says someone living in Lagos .
Continue to spew trash online
So because she lives in Lagos, we must continue with this lifelessness?
Re: I Remain Imo Guber Candidate – Uzodinma by Nobody: 6:44pm On Nov 09, 2018
Lol.. Confusion everywhere in this APC party.
Hope inec dissolves and terminated these two candidates and the party.

(1) (Reply)

Noimot SALAKO Is Dapo Abiodun’s Deputy For Ogun 2019 Governorship Election / Wuse Market Goes Gaga For Osinbajo / Obasanjo Takes Campaign For Atiku To Iwo, Osun State?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.