Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,200 members, 7,815,187 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:40 AM

"I Remain Governor Of Osun State" - Gboyega Oyetola - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "I Remain Governor Of Osun State" - Gboyega Oyetola (44970 Views)

I Remain Governor Until Supreme Court Says Otherwise - Gov Sule / Umahi Wins As Appeal Court Dismisses Case, To Remain Governor / Dave Umahi: I Remain Governor Of Ebonyi State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

"I Remain Governor Of Osun State" - Gboyega Oyetola by Nnadigoodluck(m): 11:28am On Mar 24, 2019
Gboyega Oyetola, Governor of Osun State, has insisted that he remains Governor of the state until all legal issues surrounding his election are sorted out.

He said this in response to a judgment by the Osun Elections Petitions Tribunal, which declared Ademola Adeleke of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) governor-elect of the state.

The tribunal had nullified the rerun election held in the state, which had seen Oyetola of the All Progressives Congress (APC) emerge winner of the election.

However, at an inspection of ongoing road and drainage projects in Osogbo, the Osun State capital, on Saturday, Oyetola urged the people of the state to go about their normal activities.

His words: “I am confident that our mandate will be reaffirmed at the Court of Appeal and the Supreme Court. As you all know, it was a split judgment, telling us that it was not a unanimous decision. This is part of our strength at the Appellate Court.

“I must correct the impression that I have been removed from office. I remain the Governor of Osun till all the electoral litigations are finalised.

“So, my visit to this site is in furtherance of our commitment to ensure a better life for all residents of the state and to demonstrate that governance brought about by our government continues."

In a state broadcast on Saturday as well, Oyetola said: "I address you this day to inform you that, in response to the judgment of the Osun Governorship Election Tribunal, sitting at the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja, on Friday, we have gone on appeal to challenge the split decision of the Tribunal.

“This split decision notwithstanding, our confidence in the judiciary remains unshaken, which is why we are going back to it for necessary review through the appellate court.

“In accordance with the dictates of law, our government remains intact pending the decision of the higher courts. The status quo remains, and the business of governance continues under my watch.
“I have directed all law enforcement agencies as a matter of duty to continue to maintain law and order across the state.

“I would, therefore, appeal to you all to remain calm and go about your legitimate businesses, while we explore the instruments of the law to reaffirm the mandate that you freely gave to us.

“I thank you for your support all the way and urge you to remain faithful to the kernels that have made our state the land of virtue.”

Source- http://saharareporters.com/2019/03/24/i-remain-governor-osun-says-oyetola

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I Remain Governor Of Osun State" - Gboyega Oyetola by oyebanji44: 11:31am On Mar 24, 2019
Absolutely correct.judgement,can still be overturned.

64 Likes 8 Shares

Re: "I Remain Governor Of Osun State" - Gboyega Oyetola by realstars: 11:37am On Mar 24, 2019
You know already that your time is up.

231 Likes 15 Shares

Re: "I Remain Governor Of Osun State" - Gboyega Oyetola by scribble: 11:39am On Mar 24, 2019
i pray anyone with stolen mandate in nigeria dies this year and two of their kids

189 Likes 19 Shares

Re: "I Remain Governor Of Osun State" - Gboyega Oyetola by yerokunphilips: 11:40am On Mar 24, 2019
I wish the people of Osun well .

63 Likes 11 Shares

Re: "I Remain Governor Of Osun State" - Gboyega Oyetola by Davash222(m): 11:49am On Mar 24, 2019
Just till this evening. By Monday morning, you’re handing over to the rightful Governor, the people’s mandate.

160 Likes 9 Shares

Re: "I Remain Governor Of Osun State" - Gboyega Oyetola by AntiWailer: 11:52am On Mar 24, 2019
Sure, until supreme court decides if necessary.

Wike was Governor despite losing at tribunal and appeal court until supreme court over turned the ruling.

Davash222:
Just till this evening. By Monday morning, you’re handing over to the rightful Governor, the people’s mandate.

It does not work that way. Ignorance is not a virtue.

Separate hatred from ignorance. We are where we are today as a country because the number of ignorant people kept increasing despite education and Youths now allow politicians think for them.

Slogan,phrases and plenty ridiculous mindset.

I pray he lose at the supreme court but that does not change the way the system works.

73 Likes 10 Shares

Re: "I Remain Governor Of Osun State" - Gboyega Oyetola by 01mcfadden(m): 11:53am On Mar 24, 2019
Confusion break bone o
Re: "I Remain Governor Of Osun State" - Gboyega Oyetola by SLAP44: 11:53am On Mar 24, 2019
In your dreams Sir grin

If by tomorrow you don't hand over to Uncle Adeleke, Gbagbo will be your middle name.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "I Remain Governor Of Osun State" - Gboyega Oyetola by b0rn2fuck(m): 11:55am On Mar 24, 2019
Battle ground , court go pass greed
Re: "I Remain Governor Of Osun State" - Gboyega Oyetola by hakeem4(m): 11:56am On Mar 24, 2019
well
midform:
Good one!
Oyetola-governor of Osun state
Adeleke-governor of state of Osun
grin grin

2 Likes

Re: "I Remain Governor Of Osun State" - Gboyega Oyetola by Nobody: 11:57am On Mar 24, 2019
It's normal process for those of you saying he should vacate office, till all legal options are exhausted he still remains governor of the state

10 Likes

Re: "I Remain Governor Of Osun State" - Gboyega Oyetola by Ijaya123: 11:57am On Mar 24, 2019
Davash222:

Truly, ignorance is bliss.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "I Remain Governor Of Osun State" - Gboyega Oyetola by absingle(m): 11:57am On Mar 24, 2019
Mumu
Re: "I Remain Governor Of Osun State" - Gboyega Oyetola by Ijaya123: 11:58am On Mar 24, 2019
SLAP44:
In your dreams Sir grin

If by tomorrow you don't hand over to Uncle Adeleke, Gbagbo will be your middle name.

Arrogant display of ignorance.

14 Likes 5 Shares

Re: "I Remain Governor Of Osun State" - Gboyega Oyetola by midform(m): 11:58am On Mar 24, 2019
Good one!
Oyetola-governor of Osun state
Adeleke-governor of state of Osun

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "I Remain Governor Of Osun State" - Gboyega Oyetola by bolafez(m): 11:58am On Mar 24, 2019
Oga, do the handing over ASAP

2 Likes

Re: "I Remain Governor Of Osun State" - Gboyega Oyetola by Nobody: 11:59am On Mar 24, 2019
Happening in Nigeria!
Ongoing now in Nigeria is the fight between Democracy & Tyranny.

We all know who the Warrior & Hero is....

3 Likes

Re: "I Remain Governor Of Osun State" - Gboyega Oyetola by Phygo(m): 11:59am On Mar 24, 2019
Ur downfall is loading.
Re: "I Remain Governor Of Osun State" - Gboyega Oyetola by Abeyjide: 11:59am On Mar 24, 2019
our judicial system will delay this judgement and later deny the true winner.
Re: "I Remain Governor Of Osun State" - Gboyega Oyetola by Nobody: 12:01pm On Mar 24, 2019
SLAP44:
In your dreams Sir grin

stop being ignorant!!!ask for knowledge

10 Likes

Re: "I Remain Governor Of Osun State" - Gboyega Oyetola by fredoooooo: 12:01pm On Mar 24, 2019
Aki gba akata lowo akiti... Your Excellency cool

2 Likes

Re: "I Remain Governor Of Osun State" - Gboyega Oyetola by Nobody: 12:01pm On Mar 24, 2019
angry
Re: "I Remain Governor Of Osun State" - Gboyega Oyetola by LANDLORD72: 12:01pm On Mar 24, 2019
Your time is up handover now.

1 Like

Re: "I Remain Governor Of Osun State" - Gboyega Oyetola by Lanre4uonly(m): 12:02pm On Mar 24, 2019
Ok. Time will tell.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Aminu Tambuwal Dumps APC For PDP / Miyetti Allah: No Food Supply To South-West Until Fulanis Are Safe / The Men Behind The Lagos Metro Rail. Tinubu, Fashola, Ambode, Sanwo Olu. Picture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.