Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,128 members, 7,818,381 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:59 PM

It Is Better To Use Sniper To Preserve Beans Than To Get Killed By Rat Disease - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / It Is Better To Use Sniper To Preserve Beans Than To Get Killed By Rat Disease (2765 Views)

Man In Agony As Envious Neighbor Poisons Fish Pond With Sniper, Kills Livelihood / Suicide: Another Youth Corper Gulps Sniper To Death In Delta / Man Seen Using Sniper To Preserve Stockfish At Oyingbo Market, Lagos (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

It Is Better To Use Sniper To Preserve Beans Than To Get Killed By Rat Disease by haladadon: 1:35pm On Nov 10, 2018
rat are the biggest attackers of beans and rice in the warehouse, those who have warehouses can relate.

Therefore some people have decided to use sniper to preserve their beans and rice so that rats won't be able to eat the beans in the warehouse.

These have saved the farmers and the warehouse owners lots of money.

But my question is should we let rats attack our food and transmit diseases such as Ebola, and also eat up our sweat or we should have to do something about it.

That's where sniper comes into mind, with the hope that everyone boils and rinses their food they shouldn't be a problem with that.

if the government doesn't like it then they should show us another way through their extension agents but till then

#istandwithsniper

1 Like 1 Share

Re: It Is Better To Use Sniper To Preserve Beans Than To Get Killed By Rat Disease by Nobody: 1:37pm On Nov 10, 2018
You need this treatment asap

1 Like

Re: It Is Better To Use Sniper To Preserve Beans Than To Get Killed By Rat Disease by haladadon: 1:40pm On Nov 10, 2018
Earthbound:
You need this treatment asap

as long as the beans is well prepared, washed, we shouldn't have a problem with that.

if you've been to the warehouse then you'll know that we change bags everyday just cause of rats.

Ebola is closer to us than we think.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: It Is Better To Use Sniper To Preserve Beans Than To Get Killed By Rat Disease by Shelumiel: 1:41pm On Nov 10, 2018
The true cause of farmer using "sniper" on beans come from the farmer/herdsmen crisis . The government should find a lasting solution to this thing lest we all become victims to a problem we did not bargain for .
Re: It Is Better To Use Sniper To Preserve Beans Than To Get Killed By Rat Disease by SarkinYarki: 1:41pm On Nov 10, 2018
haladadon:
rat are the biggest attackers of beans and rice in the warehouse, those who have warehouses can relate.

Therefore some people have decided to use sniper to preserve their beans and rice so that rats won't be able to eat the beans in the warehouse.

But my question is should we let rats attack our food and transmit diseases such as Ebola, and also eat up our sweat or we should have to do something about it.

That's where sniper comes into mind, with the hope that everyone boils and rinses their food they shouldn't be a problem with that.

if the government doesn't like it then they should show us another way through their extension agents but till then

#istandwithsniper

What manner of Dullness is this ?
Re: It Is Better To Use Sniper To Preserve Beans Than To Get Killed By Rat Disease by haladadon: 1:42pm On Nov 10, 2018
Shelumiel:
The true cause of farmer using "sniper" on beans come from the farmer/herdsmen crisis . The government should find a lasting solution to this thing lest we all become victims to a problem we did not bargain for .

that's what I'm saying, just like the bromate with bakery the government should find an alternative for us.
Re: It Is Better To Use Sniper To Preserve Beans Than To Get Killed By Rat Disease by Nobody: 1:43pm On Nov 10, 2018
haladadon:

as long as the beans is well prepared, washed, we shouldn't have a problem with that.

if you've been to the warehouse then you'll know that we change bags everyday just cause of rats.

Ebola is closer to us than we think.
Your storage facility should be questioned. You shouldn't have rats.

1 Like

Re: It Is Better To Use Sniper To Preserve Beans Than To Get Killed By Rat Disease by haladadon: 1:43pm On Nov 10, 2018
SarkinYarki:

What manner of Dullness is this ?
your knowledge is below this one
Re: It Is Better To Use Sniper To Preserve Beans Than To Get Killed By Rat Disease by Shelumiel: 1:48pm On Nov 10, 2018
haladadon:

that's what I'm saying, just like the bromate with bakery the government should find an alternative for us.
I do not understand how bromate and bakery relate with the topic

1 Like

Re: It Is Better To Use Sniper To Preserve Beans Than To Get Killed By Rat Disease by haladadon: 1:50pm On Nov 10, 2018
Shelumiel:
I do not understand how bromate and bakery relate with the topic

when bakers where using bromate, the government provided an alternative.

so they should do the same to all warehouses.
Re: It Is Better To Use Sniper To Preserve Beans Than To Get Killed By Rat Disease by jaymichael(m): 1:54pm On Nov 10, 2018
haladadon:

#istandwithsniper
It is just that Nigerians hardly read labels and instructions for use on products. Sniper and Nopest has many uses for fumigation and for pest control. According to the label of sniper, it is written that it can be used to control pests that cause damage to food crops and produce. Just mix in the right quantity with water, apply on the crop or produce and wait for the stated number of days before consuming and you are safe to go.
I read the instructions when I started using Sniper for insect control and fumigation of my apartment. I mix with kerosene or diesel as when available and I get effective results. Most Nigerians speak from position of ignorance when expressing their opinions. However, if the Sniper is not diluted in the right mix or if applied inappropriately, it could result to severe or even deadly food poisoning.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: It Is Better To Use Sniper To Preserve Beans Than To Get Killed By Rat Disease by SarkinYarki: 2:09pm On Nov 10, 2018
haladadon:

your knowledge is below this one

When I say the low IQ prevalent in Nigeria is actually the problem people will argue , the average Nigerian has an IQ of 65 which you are clearly showing off here today and arrogantly for that matter.

If you know the Active ingredient inside Sniper is a nerve agent known as DDVP or Dichlorvos which is a long residual powerful nerve agent that has been banned around the world because of it's many long-term side effects of humans that come in contact with it no matter how little , it leaves behind residue on anything it touches and such residue has been known to be active for years after exposure which means washing your beans or cooking does little to to remove all traces of the this Nerve gas agent ... DDVP should even be sold openly as it is in Nigeria and it shouldn't even be used as a household insecticide talkless of using it to preserve food ...DDVP causes both acute and chronic toxicity in any human who comes across it and irreversible changes to the human DNA ..

2 Likes

Re: It Is Better To Use Sniper To Preserve Beans Than To Get Killed By Rat Disease by Nobody: 2:12pm On Nov 10, 2018
There should be other safer means of preserving and preventing rats and weevils from destroying the beans.
Using sniper directly, just like the video that went viral on whatsApp is a no no.

Re: It Is Better To Use Sniper To Preserve Beans Than To Get Killed By Rat Disease by SarkinYarki: 2:13pm On Nov 10, 2018
jaymichael:
It is just that Nigerians hardly read labels and instructions for use on products. Sniper and Nopest has many uses for fumigation and for pest control. According to the label of sniper, it is written that it can be used to control pests that cause damage to food crops and produce. Just mix in the right quantity with water, apply on the crop or produce and wait for the stated number of days before consuming and you are safe to go.
I read the instructions when I started using Sniper for insect control and fumigation of my apartment. I mix with kerosene or diesel as when available and I get effective results. Most Nigerians speak from position of ignorance when expressing their opinions. However, if the Sniper is not diluted in the right mix or if applied inappropriately, it could result to severe or even deadly food poisoning.

Nobody in the world will tell you to use DDVP to preserve food , DDVP is a banned nerve agent in many countries and has long term residual life on anything it touches and will cause acute to chronic toxicity in human the comes across it including changes to you DNA chain ... with the way you claim to abuse this agent I know if I test you I will see footprints of DDVP in every thing from you urine to your hair ..Be wise don't poison yourself

1 Like

Re: It Is Better To Use Sniper To Preserve Beans Than To Get Killed By Rat Disease by jaymichael(m): 2:35pm On Nov 10, 2018
SarkinYarki:

Nobody in the world will tell you to use DDVP to preserve food , DDVP is a banned nerve agent in many countries and has long term residual life on anything it touches and will cause acute to chronic toxicity in human the comes across it including changes to you DNA chain ... with the way you claim to abuse this agent I know if I test you I will see footprints of DDVP in every thing from you urine to your hair ..Be wise don't poison yourself
Did you read and comprehend my post at all? I stated that "according to the instructions for use on the label" it can be used for pest control against food crops and agricultural produce. I didn't write the instructions and these people that use DDVP under the brand name 'Sniper'are doing no wrong if they apply the product according to the instructions on the label as stated by the manufacturer of the product. If mixed and applied appropriately, the toxicity dissipates with time (according to the instructions on the label)
Remember I said also that it can cause harm or death if the product is used inappropriatly. I use according to the instructions contained on the label so you cannot be in wherever in the universe you are and pass a verdict that I ABUSE the product. I read the labels and instructions before I use products especially food, drugs and chemicals. Even you, there are traces of toxic chemicals in your system too as long as the agricultural products you consume are bought from the open market where the farmers that produce them use chemicals for pest control and fertilizer. Do you want to tell me that you grow your own food and you go 100% organic?
Re: It Is Better To Use Sniper To Preserve Beans Than To Get Killed By Rat Disease by SarkinYarki: 2:59pm On Nov 10, 2018
jaymichael:
Did you read and comprehend my post at all? I stated that "according to the instructions for use on the label" it can be used for pest control against food crops and agricultural produce. I didn't write the instructions and these people that use DDVP under the brand name 'Sniper'are doing no wrong if they apply the product according to the instructions on the label as stated by the manufacturer of the product. If mixed and applied appropriately, the toxicity dissipates with time (according to the instructions on the label)
Remember I said also that it can cause harm or death if the product is used inappropriatly. I use according to the instructions contained on the label so you cannot be in wherever in the universe you are and pass a verdict that I ABUSE the product. I read the labels and instructions before I use products especially food, drugs and chemicals. Even you, there are traces of toxic chemicals in your system too as long as the agricultural products you consume are bought from the open market where the farmers that produce them use chemicals for pest control and fertilizer. Do you want to tell me that you grow your own food and you go 100% organic?

Yes I eat 100 percent organic
Re: It Is Better To Use Sniper To Preserve Beans Than To Get Killed By Rat Disease by haladadon: 3:35pm On Nov 10, 2018
SarkinYarki:

Yes I eat 100 percent organic
there's no way you can eat completely organic foods.
if you use fertilizer then it's not completely organic.
Re: It Is Better To Use Sniper To Preserve Beans Than To Get Killed By Rat Disease by haladadon: 3:41pm On Nov 10, 2018
SarkinYarki:

When I say the low IQ prevalent in Nigeria is actually the problem people will argue , the average Nigerian has an IQ of 65 which you are clearly showing off here today and arrogantly for that matter.

If you know the Active ingredient inside Sniper is a nerve agent known as DDVP or Dichlorvos which is a long residual powerful nerve agent that has been banned around the world because of it's many long-term side effects of humans that come in contact with it no matter how little , it leaves behind residue on anything it touches and such residue has been known to be active for years after exposure which means washing your beans or cooking does little to to remove all traces of the this Nerve gas agent ... DDVP should even be sold openly as it is in Nigeria and it shouldn't even be used as a household insecticide talkless of using it to preserve food ...DDVP causes both acute and chronic toxicity in any human who comes across it and irreversible changes to the human DNA ..

it is your IQ that is low, do you know that DDVP is also a food additive. Used in the preservation of processed food.

you can read here for further

http://pmep.cce.cornell.edu/profiles/insect-mite/ddt-famphur/dichlorvos/dichlor_rev_1193.html
Re: It Is Better To Use Sniper To Preserve Beans Than To Get Killed By Rat Disease by SarkinYarki: 4:08pm On Nov 10, 2018
haladadon:

there's no way you can eat completely organic foods.

if you use fertilizer then it's not completely organic.

No fertilizer, even my meat is grass fed ..
Re: It Is Better To Use Sniper To Preserve Beans Than To Get Killed By Rat Disease by haladadon: 4:11pm On Nov 10, 2018
SarkinYarki:

No fertilizer, even my meat is grass fed ..
guy you dey lie
Re: It Is Better To Use Sniper To Preserve Beans Than To Get Killed By Rat Disease by Nobody: 4:11pm On Nov 10, 2018
this is the kinda beans all those girls with unwanted pregnancy go dey buy now

chow beans and your 3months belle is terminated

one derica of bean preserved with sniper can save you 15k for dc
Re: It Is Better To Use Sniper To Preserve Beans Than To Get Killed By Rat Disease by SarkinYarki: 4:35pm On Nov 10, 2018
haladadon:

guy you dey lie

N.a. wa ooo why Will I lie ...I take organic living like a religion
Re: It Is Better To Use Sniper To Preserve Beans Than To Get Killed By Rat Disease by haladadon: 6:56am On Nov 17, 2018
not true but true
Re: It Is Better To Use Sniper To Preserve Beans Than To Get Killed By Rat Disease by Briller: 9:02pm On Nov 17, 2018
I agree 100% with the OP. Of course, you can drink sniper as you Harp, Use it as stock for your soups. Nonsense!!

There are 1001 ways to preserve your grains in the warehouse. Why don't you fumigate the environment to keep rodents away rather than endanger the lives of the consumers. Infact, if you must use pesticides, there are a thousand and one healthy pesticides for preservation.

I have told myself no beans except as moi-moi or akara. At least, that way you can be rest assured that you have washed off the pesticide content.
Re: It Is Better To Use Sniper To Preserve Beans Than To Get Killed By Rat Disease by haladadon: 6:22pm On Nov 18, 2018
Briller:
I agree 100% with the OP. Of course, you can drink sniper as you Harp, Use it as stock for your soups. Nonsense!!

There are 1001 ways to preserve your grains in the warehouse. Why don't you fumigate the environment to keep rodents away rather than endanger the lives of the consumers. Infact, if you must use pesticides, there are a thousand and one healthy pesticides for preservation.

I have told myself no beans except as moi-moi or akara. At least, that way you can be rest assured that you have washed off the pesticide content.

fumigate your environment with what?
I hope your know that business has to stop for fumigation to take place and most warehouse owners won't let this happen.

so what are you saying. no one wants to loose money. we are talking about rats here not some insects.

(1) (Reply)

Cult Members Unite In Okpanam, Delta State To Chase Herdsmen Away / God save this girl from Uduak Akpan the killer of Iniubong / Woman Scalds Sister's Throat With Hot Knife Over N4,000 (picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.