Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,123 members, 7,821,847 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:03 PM

Bet9ja Has Ruined My Life! - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Bet9ja Has Ruined My Life! (5101 Views)

Gambling Has Ruined Me, Please Help! / Bet9ja Has Started Scamming Customers Online / Today Free Select Sure Matches, Bet9ja Booking Code (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bet9ja Has Ruined My Life! by ChildOfDoom: 9:19pm On Nov 10, 2018
COOL10:
You should always know when to stop. The betting companies can't be banned because they never forced you to give them your money. You made a conscious decision as an adult. It has nothing to do with them. I make use of betking and I've been on a losing streak since I started betting grin. But I decided to take some time,to study the games and how to play better cos Na novice syndrome been dey worry me. I'm still on that learning process and I know it'll pay off one day but bros,abeg,never spend more than you can afford to lose.

No doubt,it's an addictive game but it also pays. The key thing is to have a limit I.e a set amount whereby you'll stop playing if you're on a losing streak(like I am grin).
self control and discipline has always been my problem. I guess it's because i was overpampered while growing up. Its better i stop it completely. I don't have moderation button when gambling

3 Likes

Re: Bet9ja Has Ruined My Life! by Melvinsofty: 9:27pm On Nov 10, 2018
SkinnyNigga:
i no dey bet pass 100 now.. them wan wreck me before..
no game is safe, like today wey Torino fvck up
lol your own worst pass my own sef

1 Like

Re: Bet9ja Has Ruined My Life! by TheMainMan: 9:35pm On Nov 10, 2018
grin cheesy grin
adexslim93:

Guy, no b only u...the virtual bet rewind my life to 2007 when I ought to be in 2017..my friend's girl dat step my room dey wish say I b their date...I dey dash people cloth na me come dey borrow when e enter body,I was owing more than 130k
thank God the debt has been largely reduced now..I almost drop out of school too ... thank God now, I am free of its addiction now ...I don enter 2010 now by next June, i go celebrate say I enter 2015
Re: Bet9ja Has Ruined My Life! by adexslim93(m): 9:35pm On Nov 10, 2018
I dey fit control myself now Sha...if I enter d shop, I dey go just to laff the foolish punters ..play 100 or what I can afford to lose...before I stake 1k on a game, I go don dey expect 50 or e don dey ground already
Virtual should be banned in thin country....

2 Likes

Re: Bet9ja Has Ruined My Life! by ADRIAN88(m): 9:36pm On Nov 10, 2018
People of God! The best and only way to win big from bet9ja is to pack you bag & baggages and leave anything that concerns sports betting, and I mean no checking of sports news, no livescores, no prediction sites, unsubscribe from any bet newsletter, like run away from anything that will tempt you, not even 100 bucks bet will save you I can guarantee that.

Secondly, understand that sports betting is a lazy man's activity you will lose friends, lose time, be depressed, contemplate suicide occasionally, always be in debt,the list is endless, so please find something else to exchange your time with and focus on that; eg, affiliate marketing, blogging, agents for real estate, etc.
And please do not worry about getting money lost back, as far as you are alive, you will always make money doing something worthwhile.

Lastly, make a pact with your creator, ifa sango, whatever the hell you believe in, tell HIM that if you bet a single kobo of yours in the last two months of this year, you will die a wretched man and people will forever mock you, the thought of that will reset your medula anytime you want to go back.

PS- My people! Gambling is a major addiction, and its ruining lives on a daily, I was there but I followed this approach and it can only get better. Get yourself together, find some other activity worth doing, and focus your energy, it's only a matter of time, tell your creditors you were a former gambler and that you have changed, negotiate a repayment plan with them, get to work, and in no time you should be fine.

Wishing all the fvcking luck you will need on this journey.

Shalom!

2 Likes

Re: Bet9ja Has Ruined My Life! by Nobody: 9:52pm On Nov 10, 2018
timibare:
I can give you sure 4odds......your next salary multiply 4odds , niqqa u Don blow na......
Use the odds yourself if you're so sure. Blow yourself na...
Re: Bet9ja Has Ruined My Life! by TheMainMan: 10:00pm On Nov 10, 2018
adexslim93:
I dey fit control myself now Sha...if I enter d shop, I dey go just to laff the foolish punters ..play 100 or what I can afford to lose...before I stake 1k on a game, I go don dey expect 50 or e don dey ground already
Virtual should be banned in thin country....
bet9ja do you strong thing gan o grin grin grin
Re: Bet9ja Has Ruined My Life! by ChildOfDoom: 10:18pm On Nov 10, 2018
ADRIAN88:
People of God! The best and only way to win big from bet9ja is to pack you bag & baggages and leave anything that concerns sports betting, and I mean no checking of sports news, no livescores, no prediction sites, unsubscribe from any bet newsletter, like run away from anything that will tempt you, not even 100 bucks bet will save you I can guarantee that.

Secondly, understand that sports betting is a lazy man's activity you will lose friends, lose time, be depressed, contemplate suicide occasionally, always be in debt,the list is endless, so please find something else to exchange your time with and focus on that; eg, affiliate marketing, blogging, agents for real estate, etc.
And please do not worry about getting money lost back, as far as you are alive, you will always make money doing something worthwhile.

Lastly, make a pact with your creator, ifa sango, whatever the hell you believe in, tell HIM that if you bet a single kobo of yours in the last two months of this year, you will die a wretched man and people will forever mock you, the thought of that will reset your medula anytime you want to go back.

PS- My people! Gambling is a major addiction, and its ruining lives on a daily, I was there but I followed this approach and it can only get better. Get yourself together, find some other activity worth doing, and focus your energy, it's only a matter of time, tell your creditors you were a former gambler and that you have changed, negotiate a repayment plan with them, get to work, and in no time you should be fine.

Wishing all the fvcking luck you will need on this journey.

Shalom!
wow.. Harsh tips but helpful. Checking any thing sports can take me back to the act. You right.

What about the desire to always charge phone at betting stores since they always have light? And how do i avoid betting or football discussion amongst my friends?

1 Like

Re: Bet9ja Has Ruined My Life! by COOL10(m): 11:18pm On Nov 10, 2018
ChildOfDoom:
self control and discipline has always been my problem. I guess it's because i was overpampered while growing up. Its better i stop it completely. I don't have moderation button when gambling

Then,pls do if you think that's what will make things better smiley.
Re: Bet9ja Has Ruined My Life! by ADRIAN88(m): 11:33pm On Nov 10, 2018
ChildOfDoom:
wow.. Harsh tips but helpful. Checking any thing sports can take me back to the act. You right.

What about the desire to always charge phone at betting stores since they always have light? And how do i avoid betting or football discussion amongst my friends?

I am glad you regard my listed tips helpful, and yes they are harsh af! Nothing worthwhile ever comes from a position of comfort, It is what it is, if you want growth, you have to embrace change, the tougher the change, the deeper the growth.

Secondly, why the hell would you be in a betting store charging your phone? That's just fvcked up! Shows you trade a lot of time for sports watching, idle discussions and gambling. Please you need to leave that vicinity and get to work asap; the key is finding something else to do, take an odd job if you have to, my debt as at the time I stopped was approximately N2.1m, all accumulated from sports betting. I'm almost done clearing up that debt and getting full control of my life back, it should have been worse, but i'm thankful. I cried, cursed myself, felt suicidal, was left abandoned by virtually all my friends except a few, but I made a date with destiny and decided I was going to sit up and get my life back. I was jobless so I learnt how to take measurements, got fashion pictures online, linked up with a tailor and started out making kaftans for people, I also got a job with a bakery and specifically asked not to be paid anything more than N10,000 (my basic transport fare) so I can learn the ropes of starting a bakery in the near future, I joined quora.com and got fantastic info on affiliate marketing, and several other ways to make side money; signed up with peerfly and clickbank for starters, not earning thousands yet but I will get there, I also signed up as a real estate agent on landwey, and all this while no matter how tempted I get, I have never checked livescores, its related sites or staked a single kobo of mine, any friend or acquaintance I meet who talks sports to me, I discuss a little and politely tell them I have moved on and that they should too if they want to amount to anything great in life, thus reducing my circle of friends.

The truth is this shhit aint easy to be honest, but you have to be determined to quit it, steer clear from anything sports related for atleast 2-3 months, including discussions about it, except you want to end up constantly depressed, eternally in debt, extremely poor and breathtakingly useless in life, which I am sure no one wants, it is bad enough that the average nigerian strives 10 times harder than his counterparts in developed countries for basic things he requires for survival here, how much more when you complicate your life by idle living and playing sports betting.
And lastly, never envy those who win big, they never amount to anything in life, they fall back to debt, and languish in it no matter how much they win, you know why? Because the rich and wealthy don't play sports bets, except well-calculated risks, even bet company owners don't, only foolish people do such, and you know the popular saying; "For a fool and his money are soon parted".

PS- May God help those who truly realise their shortcomings, seek help and take uncompromising actions to help themselves.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bet9ja Has Ruined My Life! by Kharol1234: 1:24am On Nov 11, 2018
timibare:
I can give you sure 4odds......your next salary multiply 4odds , niqqa u Don blow na......
lol
Re: Bet9ja Has Ruined My Life! by ChildOfDoom: 5:54am On Nov 11, 2018
Headlesschicken:
grin Dix bet9ja has destroyed more youths in dix country,than it has done em good,even when dey do win big,next thing u know dey r back to square one, begging money.... Some ppls office x now in a bet shop,dey start n end dia days dia... SMH, Gamblers r liable to die young...
exactly. One wins then begins to fill like a king but it takes people back to square 1 after a little period of joy. The tension is too much to bear. I couldn't sleep
Re: Bet9ja Has Ruined My Life! by ChildOfDoom: 11:50am On Nov 11, 2018
adexslim93:

Guy, no b only u...the virtual bet rewind my life to 2007 when I ought to be in 2017..my friend's girl dat step my room dey wish say I b their date...I dey dash people cloth na me come dey borrow when e enter body,I was owing more than 130k
thank God the debt has been largely reduced now..I almost drop out of school too ... thank God now, I am free of its addiction now ...I don enter 2010 now by next June, i go celebrate say I enter 2015
i can relate. It has taken me back to 2008. The time i just finished secondary school with nothing. How i wish i can get an addiction stronger than gambling. Movies, music, working are not as captivating as betting.
Re: Bet9ja Has Ruined My Life! by SkinnyNigga: 8:07pm On Nov 11, 2018
adexslim93:

I still played live bet today, I was in a hurry to win and immediately I lost 200 naira, I went back home,watched NWC vs BOU, then went back there, waited for a friend to win and collect my cut of his winning 200 naira... The only way I can get back my loas for the day...if I could get it back, I report back to my bed, I see my loss as the money I should have spent on airtime/data, then eat a good meal..I am done for that day...I don't visit betshops on weeksays, strictly meant for biz/work and if my gf is around, I stake from my bet account and wont visit betshops
thats thoughtful and wise.. I opened a betking account but refused to fund it. playing online can be disastrous for people like me.. self control 0%

(1) (2) (Reply)

Child Abuse ?;see The "Controversial" Photos Causing Ripples Over The Internet / Comandclem Nigeria Limited / Indians Kill Nigerian In Malaysia Yesterday(nigerians In Malaysia To React)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.