Stats: 3,153,806 members, 7,820,818 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:28 PM

Lagos-Ibadan Railway: The Lagos Station Prototype And Its Location - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lagos-Ibadan Railway: The Lagos Station Prototype And Its Location (41961 Views)

Lagos-Ibadan Railway: The Interior Of The New Trains (Photos) / More Pictures Of The Lagos-Ibadan Railway Construction / Prototype And Live Pictures Of Yaba BRT Terminus (2) (3) (4)

Re: Lagos-Ibadan Railway: The Lagos Station Prototype And Its Location by Okoyeebo: 4:29pm On Nov 11, 2018
buchai:

There is no space for hawking gala on the rail tracks.

I just said I should remind you.

you forgot that inside train you sale and hawk anything.

They sell and hawk inside buses too. Why don't they hawk inside BRT?

Re: Lagos-Ibadan Railway: The Lagos Station Prototype And Its Location by iamjosland2: 4:32pm On Nov 11, 2018
ZombiePUNISHER:

God is not in the business of blessing evil

Buhari is a killer and an illiterate

And his reward awaits him

As elections draws near... Expect more adulterated pictures from the stables of zombies to deceive the gullible...

Say no to propaganda
Re: Lagos-Ibadan Railway: The Lagos Station Prototype And Its Location by Sleekfingers: 4:32pm On Nov 11, 2018
bixton:

Really?
What exactly is your profession?

The reason why the FG and even some multi national companies bring in the whites to do some of those jobs is because someone somewhere wants to get a magnificent cut from the contract sum.

If they use indigenous engineers kasala go burst.

I know...and you are right.....but our so called engineers need to hone their skills...
Re: Lagos-Ibadan Railway: The Lagos Station Prototype And Its Location by Sleekfingers: 4:37pm On Nov 11, 2018
Nasafina:

But it's unfair naa cool

Of course it is unfair....but that's the truth....they need to upgrade....we have so many so called graduates of civil engineers etc but they are way behind their foreign counterparts...
Re: Lagos-Ibadan Railway: The Lagos Station Prototype And Its Location by buchai: 4:38pm On Nov 11, 2018
They sell and hawk inside buses too. Why don't they hawk inside BRT?

only time shall tell
Re: Lagos-Ibadan Railway: The Lagos Station Prototype And Its Location by supereagle(m): 4:40pm On Nov 11, 2018
Okoyeebo:

There is prototype for a trans-regional SW rail like in the works but Kanu is setting up Igbos in power for mass sack.

Can't you see God is using Kanu to punish you people?

PMB is still showing them fatherly disposition, a governor has this to say :

"If I say that President Buhari is constructing roads in the South East like never before, that is the truth not politics. It doesn't mean I will vote for him but my people deserve to know the truth, after all, we can all see it.

I remain a PDP member but President Buhari has done very well in the South East.

I can't speak for other zones, if Buhari has indeed failed, it is not in the South East, may be in other regions... "
- Eng. David Umahi
Ebonyi State Governor

Re: Lagos-Ibadan Railway: The Lagos Station Prototype And Its Location by Nasafina(f): 4:41pm On Nov 11, 2018
Sleekfingers:

Of course it is unfair....but that's the truth....they need to upgrade....we have so many so called graduates of civil engineers etc but they are way behind their foreign counterparts...

I agree with you, i had a civil engineering friend who couldn't erect a fence on his father's land only for him to give the jog to another colleague who studied the same civil engineering with him. Presently he is not looking for a job related to his field of study but he is looking for a bank job
Re: Lagos-Ibadan Railway: The Lagos Station Prototype And Its Location by larrywax: 4:41pm On Nov 11, 2018
Ur mumu no go ever do undecided undecided. Who cares on who do am? Bleep whoever is gonna do it! Let them just give us the basic amenities of life as enjoyed in other countries of the world!

smellingmenses:
Paid post as usual... It's so bad that APC has to resort prototypes...not achievements.

Ordinary Lagos Ibadan expressway uncompleted after 4 years in power. Meanwhile GEJ had completed it 75%!!
GEJ also completed the Ore Benin expressway.

God bless GEJ!!
Re: Lagos-Ibadan Railway: The Lagos Station Prototype And Its Location by altereg0: 4:45pm On Nov 11, 2018
Benekruku:

The North Western alliance intact. We will go with one Nigeria so it's safer having mega structures in the West than in a Biafra we could anyday, ceade to Ivory Coast

When you can't even properly spell "cede". seems your brain- if there ever was, has been numbed by tribalism.
Re: Lagos-Ibadan Railway: The Lagos Station Prototype And Its Location by Benekruku(m): 4:49pm On Nov 11, 2018
altereg0:

When you can't even properly spell "cede". seems your brain- if there ever was, has been numbed by tribalism.

You are hungry. Oloriburuku!
Re: Lagos-Ibadan Railway: The Lagos Station Prototype And Its Location by Livefreeordieha(m): 5:07pm On Nov 11, 2018
Okoyeebo:

They commissioned mega projects and you're crying.

Why are you always in sorrow whenever good things happen?
the only sorrowful thing here is ur pitiable mental state..
Re: Lagos-Ibadan Railway: The Lagos Station Prototype And Its Location by GavelSlam: 5:07pm On Nov 11, 2018
computergeek:
Good project but why can't Nigerian architects, Nigerian engineers and a Nigerian Construction company handle this project? Is it that there are none good enough or experienced enough to handle this project, or just that it's generally accepted that only foreigners can do such in third-world countries?

Mental slavery.

Because they've never done even smaller projects.
Re: Lagos-Ibadan Railway: The Lagos Station Prototype And Its Location by Okoyeebo: 5:13pm On Nov 11, 2018
Livefreeordieha:
the only sorrowful thing here is ur pitiable mental state..

Just as you're sorrowful whenever you hear good news, may you never hear good news.
Re: Lagos-Ibadan Railway: The Lagos Station Prototype And Its Location by bixton(m): 5:15pm On Nov 11, 2018
Sleekfingers:

I know...and you are right.....but our so called engineers need to hone their skills...

There are 2 types of training of which skills can be gotten from.
For those employed, they will hone their skills on the job and trainings organised by their organisation as regards their job functions.
Those who are unemployed will have to attend certain trainings for personal development to hone their skills.
Truth be told, no one can hone skills if not done on the actual field work.
Even simulators have been known to have their lapses.

We all tend to blame Nigerian graduates and some will say they are un-employable. It's purely an impartial statement.

Re: Lagos-Ibadan Railway: The Lagos Station Prototype And Its Location by Livefreeordieha(m): 5:20pm On Nov 11, 2018
Okoyeebo:

Just as you're sorrowful whenever you hear good news, may you never hear good news.
if wat is going on in Nigeria translates To goodnews bro then i decree today on behalf of all sane and berieved Nigerians that ur life and the lives of all ur children and generations to come will meet the same fate as Nigeria has...Infact i decree in the name of all good&evil deities that the state of Nigeria will be better than ur life from now on...Amin,isee,asee,Amen!
Re: Lagos-Ibadan Railway: The Lagos Station Prototype And Its Location by tosinet(m): 5:22pm On Nov 11, 2018
computergeek:
Good project but why can't Nigerian architects, Nigerian engineers and a Nigerian Construction company handle this project? Is it that there are none good enough or experienced enough to handle this project, or just that it's generally accepted that only foreigners can do such in third-world countries?

Mental slavery.

Even if they want to construct local government roads they’ll still go for foreigners. And the way the older generation cow to and and run after the oyinbos even if na illiterate is sickening. cry
Re: Lagos-Ibadan Railway: The Lagos Station Prototype And Its Location by lharstborn(m): 5:27pm On Nov 11, 2018
olujastro:
AutoReportNG, It'll be sited at Ebute-Metta (not Iddo) where the old railway station will be demolished for this one.
Apapa terminal will also have a mega station, while the remaining two mega train stations will be in Abeokuta and Ibadan.

So if I have to go to Abeokuta or Ibadan from Lagos, does it mean I have to go to the Mega Station in Ebute Metta to board the train? I can’t board the train at Oshodi or Agege?
Re: Lagos-Ibadan Railway: The Lagos Station Prototype And Its Location by objobj: 5:33pm On Nov 11, 2018
Okoyeebo:

Lwkmd

Bad mouth
Re: Lagos-Ibadan Railway: The Lagos Station Prototype And Its Location by AutoReportNG: 5:38pm On Nov 11, 2018
lharstborn:

So if I have to go to Abeokuta or Ibadan from Lagos, does it mean I have to go to the Mega Station in Ebute Metta to board the train? I can’t board the train at Oshodi or Agege?

Base on the information on the ground though we are yet to get full details, Lagos will have two mega stations, one in Ebute and one in Apapa, maybe there may be new train stations later in the future.

Regards
Re: Lagos-Ibadan Railway: The Lagos Station Prototype And Its Location by fadigalfemi(m): 5:41pm On Nov 11, 2018
Oyinbo people everywhere..,......but if na to dig toilet for me I wont see dere yellow brain
Re: Lagos-Ibadan Railway: The Lagos Station Prototype And Its Location by gtown: 5:45pm On Nov 11, 2018
smellingmenses:
Paid post as usual... It's so bad that APC has to resort prototypes...not achievements.

Ordinary Lagos Ibadan expressway uncompleted after 4 years in power. Meanwhile GEJ had completed it 75%!!

God bless GEJ!!
''GEJ had completed it 75%!!''. You See your life?

Re: Lagos-Ibadan Railway: The Lagos Station Prototype And Its Location by maasoap(m): 5:47pm On Nov 11, 2018
smellingmenses:

God bless GEJ!!

PDP folks just want to associate with achievements at all cost. Corruption wouldn't let you guys achieve anything in 16 years. If you guys couldn't finish any capital project in 16 years, how come Buhari/APC is completing them in just three years? Losers!

Re: Lagos-Ibadan Railway: The Lagos Station Prototype And Its Location by drololaaof: 5:56pm On Nov 11, 2018
Prototype good but wee need physical structure
Re: Lagos-Ibadan Railway: The Lagos Station Prototype And Its Location by olujastro: 6:08pm On Nov 11, 2018
lharstborn:

There will be 10 train stations in all between Lagos and Ibadan and you can board from any of them.
Of the 10, 4 will be in Lagos: Apapa, Ebute-Metta, Agege and Alagbado stations.
Mega station just means bigger station with additional facilities like shopping mall and possibly entertainment facilities.
Re: Lagos-Ibadan Railway: The Lagos Station Prototype And Its Location by Lumig: 6:16pm On Nov 11, 2018
AutoReportNG:
The ongoing Lagos-Ibadan Railway project which will cut across 3 states namely Lagos, Ogun and Oyo state is going on at a very fast pace. The railway is meant to ease of vehicular activities on the ever busy Lagos-Ibadan Road and it is also expected to be used to convey cargo goods thereby the pressure on Lagos roads will reduce.

According to the minister of transportation, Mr. Rotimi Ameachi, when the rail is completed, people living in Ibadan can work in Lagos and still get home on time as the trip using the rail is estimated to be in minutes.

AutoReportNG got the prototype of the proposed Lagos Railway Station and it was a sight to behold based on the design but we are still skeptical if it will be sited at Ebute-Metta or maybe at Iddo Railway Station. No matter what may be the final decision, trust us to always give you exclusively in as much as mobility and transportation are concerned in Nigeria.

Picture 3 denotes its final destination and where it will be sited.

Source:
https://www.autoreportng.com/2018/11/lagos-ibadan-railway-see-lagos-station.html

wonderful!
Re: Lagos-Ibadan Railway: The Lagos Station Prototype And Its Location by akinszz: 6:28pm On Nov 11, 2018
Okoyeebo:

Re: Lagos-Ibadan Railway: The Lagos Station Prototype And Its Location by julyb(m): 6:34pm On Nov 11, 2018
olujastro:
AutoReportNG, It'll be sited at Ebute-Metta (not Iddo) where the old railway station will be demolished for this one.
Apapa terminal will also have a mega station, while the remaining two mega train stations will be in Abeokuta and Ibadan.
Please where is the location of the Ibadan Mega station?
Re: Lagos-Ibadan Railway: The Lagos Station Prototype And Its Location by olujastro: 7:08pm On Nov 11, 2018
julyb:
Please where is the location of the Ibadan Mega station?
I don't know about Ibadan. Only been there once.
The last time I checked weeks ago, not all locations for the train stations have been decided, especially at the Ibadan end. But most Lagos and Ogun stations have been sited.
Re: Lagos-Ibadan Railway: The Lagos Station Prototype And Its Location by Basher8583: 7:11pm On Nov 11, 2018
ZombiePUNISHER:

God is not in the business of blessing evil

Buhari is a killer and an illiterate

And his reward awaits him

As elections draws near... Expect more adulterated pictures from the stables of zombies to deceive the gullible...

Say no to propaganda
How can you talk like this when you are not blind. Go and verify now. At least I have done that and I can assure you these are no lies.
Well unless you want to remain in denial
Re: Lagos-Ibadan Railway: The Lagos Station Prototype And Its Location by farem: 7:37pm On Nov 11, 2018
smellingmenses:
Paid post....
Ordinary Lagos Ibadan expressway uncompleted after 4 years in power...

I now know why they said stealing is not corruption and 16 was greater than....
Did you just wrote AFTER FOUR YEARS?
To the Atikulooted brains, May 2015 to November 2018 is AFTER FOUR YEARS
Re: Lagos-Ibadan Railway: The Lagos Station Prototype And Its Location by Xander85: 7:38pm On Nov 11, 2018
michlins:
No wonder Yoruba won't accept anything aside Buhari. I don't blame them though. They are gaining more than the north in terms of infrastructure in this administration

So what you're saying is that development is not evenly spread amongst all the regions in this Buhari gov't, and that the Yoruba (who are advocates of 'one Nigeria') know this but are unperturbed and still willing for this to continue?
Re: Lagos-Ibadan Railway: The Lagos Station Prototype And Its Location by farem: 7:40pm On Nov 11, 2018
smellingmenses:
Paid post....
Ordinary Lagos Ibadan expressway uncompleted after 4 years in power...

I now know why they said stealing is not corruption and 16 was greater than....
Did you just wrote AFTER FOUR YEARS?
To the Atikulooted brains, May 2015 to November 2018 is AFTER FOUR YEARS

Governor Seyi Makinde Commissions New Bus Service And Terminals (Photos). / Trailer Crushes AAU Female Student To Death (Graphic Photos) / Children Spray Papers On Motorists In Benin City, Imitate Yahoo Boys (Video)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77