Stats: 3,153,010 members, 7,817,976 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:03 AM

Lagos-Ibadan Railway: The Lagos Station Prototype And Its Location - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lagos-Ibadan Railway: The Lagos Station Prototype And Its Location (41951 Views)

Lagos-Ibadan Railway: The Interior Of The New Trains (Photos) / More Pictures Of The Lagos-Ibadan Railway Construction / Prototype And Live Pictures Of Yaba BRT Terminus (2) (3) (4)

Re: Lagos-Ibadan Railway: The Lagos Station Prototype And Its Location by COMPAQ(m): 7:49pm On Nov 11, 2018
olujastro:
AutoReportNG, It'll be sited at Ebute-Metta (not Iddo) where the old railway station will be demolished for this one.
Apapa terminal will also have a mega station, while the remaining two mega train stations will be in Abeokuta and Ibadan.

Abeokuta ke? Is that the route of the main track? Or does it branch off to abeokuta? Seems unreasonable to want to catch an express train to lagos at 6am from ibadan to go through abeokuta.

However, if this train doesn't go through redemption camp I'll be thoroughly disappointed. It would help the situation during their monthly holy ghost nights immeasurably. Imagine the revenue on those days, even if its just once a month!! At least 300k to 500k people (guessing) go there from lagos every month. Not to mention those from ibadan environs and abeokuta environs.
Re: Lagos-Ibadan Railway: The Lagos Station Prototype And Its Location by COMPAQ(m): 7:54pm On Nov 11, 2018
Sleekfingers:

Of course it is unfair....but that's the truth....they need to upgrade....we have so many so called graduates of civil engineers etc but they are way behind their foreign counterparts...

Way behind is an understatement!!! If you live Lekki you'll be familiar with the new bus stops on that axis. Some of them actually have the floor sloping forwards towards the road instead of backwards towards. This then causes water to pool by the edge of the road causing traffic as motorists on the right have to come inwards.

If that is what Nigerian engineers can come up with, then they shouldn't be anywhere near a multi billion dollar project such as this railway.
Re: Lagos-Ibadan Railway: The Lagos Station Prototype And Its Location by Walelavender(m): 7:54pm On Nov 11, 2018
smellingmenses:
Paid post as usual... It's so bad that APC has to resort prototypes...not achievements.

Ordinary Lagos Ibadan expressway uncompleted after 4 years in power. Meanwhile GEJ had completed it 75%!!
GEJ also completed the Ore Benin expressway.

God bless GEJ!!
GEJ didn't do 75% of Lag/Ib expressway. Let's not exaggerate. You can get info from RCC (Ibadan to Sagamu) and Berger (Sagamu to Lagos). Not holding brief for the APC government though. They still have a long way to go on that road.
Re: Lagos-Ibadan Railway: The Lagos Station Prototype And Its Location by Rossikki: 8:09pm On Nov 11, 2018
computergeek:
Good project but why can't Nigerian architects, Nigerian engineers and a Nigerian Construction company handle this project? Is it that there are none good enough or experienced enough to handle this project, or just that it's generally accepted that only foreigners can do such in third-world countries?

Mental slavery.

My thoughts exactly.
Re: Lagos-Ibadan Railway: The Lagos Station Prototype And Its Location by Rossikki: 8:10pm On Nov 11, 2018
Nasafina:
Where are our graduates

We produce graduates in civil engineering, architecture, etc undecided yet we employ the whites to do the job cry

So pathetic tongue

Honestly, we have issues. Sometimes I wonder if we Africans are under a spell or curse that makes us behave like this. The Chinese and Indians would never allow a foreign firm to design this in their countries until they have exhausted all possibilities for indigenous production. Only THEN will they consider foreigners. In our case we go straight to the foreigners.

Re: Lagos-Ibadan Railway: The Lagos Station Prototype And Its Location by michlins(m): 8:24pm On Nov 11, 2018
Xander85:

So what you're saying is that development is not evenly spread amongst all the regions in this Buhari gov't, and that the Yoruba (who are advocates of 'one Nigeria') know this but are unperturbed and still willing for this to continue?
the current status quo favors them. If na you would want it to change. Jonathan administration favored we Igbos and tide don change to theirs
Re: Lagos-Ibadan Railway: The Lagos Station Prototype And Its Location by AutoReportNG: 8:53pm On Nov 11, 2018
COMPAQ:

Abeokuta ke? Is that the route of the main track? Or does it branch off to abeokuta? Seems unreasonable to want to catch an express train to lagos at 6am from ibadan to go through abeokuta.

However, if this train doesn't go through redemption camp I'll be thoroughly disappointed. It would help the situation during their monthly holy ghost nights immeasurably. Imagine the revenue on those days, even if its just once a month!! At least 300k to 500k people (guessing) go there from lagos every month. Not to mention those from ibadan environs and abeokuta environs.

We will keep you updated on the routes by the week, we trying to review the map at our disposal
Re: Lagos-Ibadan Railway: The Lagos Station Prototype And Its Location by Xander85: 9:14pm On Nov 11, 2018
michlins:
the current status quo favors them. If na you would want it to change. Jonathan administration favored we Igbos and tide don change to theirs

Care to point out how, in terms of development, GEJs admin' favoured Igbos over and above say the south-west and north-west?
Re: Lagos-Ibadan Railway: The Lagos Station Prototype And Its Location by olajizz01(m): 9:18pm On Nov 11, 2018
smellingmenses:
Paid post as usual... It's so bad that APC has to resort prototypes...not achievements.

Ordinary Lagos Ibadan expressway uncompleted after 4 years in power. Meanwhile GEJ had completed it 75%!!

God bless GEJ!!
Wailer will always wails,even if your slowpoke gej is ask about Lagos Ibadan expressway,he will just be stammering like dondu,I could vividly remembered when that slowpoke used billions of naira for just inauguration of that road. inauguration of road that hasn't been done,wonder shall never end.
Re: Lagos-Ibadan Railway: The Lagos Station Prototype And Its Location by chinchum(m): 9:38pm On Nov 11, 2018
smellingmenses:

God bless GEJ!!
you must be joking. My formerworkplace was along the expressway. it was less than 25% completed as at May 2015. As at the time i left the workplace in August 2017. it should be at roughly 60% completion. I know because i crisscross the length of the road.
Re: Lagos-Ibadan Railway: The Lagos Station Prototype And Its Location by michlins(m): 9:47pm On Nov 11, 2018
Xander85:

Care to point out how, in terms of development, GEJs admin' favoured Igbos over and above say the south-west and north-west?
if you can confirm that Jonathan administration favored no one then who did he work for. Himself and his crooked fellows?
Re: Lagos-Ibadan Railway: The Lagos Station Prototype And Its Location by Xander85: 10:25pm On Nov 11, 2018
michlins:
if you can confirm that Jonathan administration favored no one then who did he work for. Himself and his crooked fellows?

I could have dragged this out with you, but i'll leave it at that. It's obvious you're not being true to yourself.
Re: Lagos-Ibadan Railway: The Lagos Station Prototype And Its Location by olujastro: 11:30pm On Nov 11, 2018
COMPAQ:

Yes, that is the route of the main track, Lagos-Abeokuta-Ibadan. And I think the old narrow gauge currently being revamped by GE passes through Abeokuta too.

In building railway largest cities are prioritised to convey the largest volume of traffic. Despite that Sagamu has the shortest distance to Ibadan, you can't expect the FG to build railway there simply because of churches that meet there occasionally.

Nevertheless, It'll still take under 1hr from Lagos to Ibadan through Abeokuta because this is a high speed train.
Re: Lagos-Ibadan Railway: The Lagos Station Prototype And Its Location by ofwest47(m): 11:30pm On Nov 11, 2018
How is I P OB seeing it?
Re: Lagos-Ibadan Railway: The Lagos Station Prototype And Its Location by 7lives: 11:35pm On Nov 11, 2018
smellingmenses:

God bless GEJ!!

As long as your hate CANNOT stop this project, I'm okay.
Re: Lagos-Ibadan Railway: The Lagos Station Prototype And Its Location by Okoyeebo: 3:01am On Nov 12, 2018
COMPAQ:

However, if this train doesn't go through redemption camp I'll be thoroughly disappointed. It would help the situation during their monthly holy ghost nights immeasurably. Imagine the revenue on those days, even if its just once a month!! At least 300k to 500k people (guessing) go there from lagos every month. Not to mention those from ibadan environs and abeokuta environs[/s].

They should build a rail station in a certain location simply because people go there once a month?

The same you advocating for a station in Redemption camp is questioning a stop in Abeokuta a major city?

Let me not talk.

Re: Lagos-Ibadan Railway: The Lagos Station Prototype And Its Location by biztip: 4:07am On Nov 12, 2018
I hope we don't get to commission d prototype
Re: Lagos-Ibadan Railway: The Lagos Station Prototype And Its Location by hardbody: 6:18am On Nov 12, 2018
Rapture4real:

Be careful of adverts on buying data when you don't see the person face to face.Insist the person recharge you first before transferring money. I've fallen victim.once

And pray, why should the data seller trust you if you can't trust him? Just asking, i dont and won't buy other than from the major platforms and portals
Re: Lagos-Ibadan Railway: The Lagos Station Prototype And Its Location by MrRush(m): 9:32am On Nov 12, 2018
smellingmenses:

God bless GEJ!!
Mr man stop quoting what you don't know the rail was 90 percent completed before apc took over and still yet to complete the remaining 10 percent and commission since taking over 4 years ago (: lol stupid ppl everywhere
Re: Lagos-Ibadan Railway: The Lagos Station Prototype And Its Location by smellingmenses: 9:35am On Nov 12, 2018
MrRush:
Mr man stop quoting what you don't know the rail was 90 percent completed before apc took over and still yet to complete the remaining 10 percent and commission since taking over 4 years ago (: lol stupid ppl everywhere
Drunk so much early Monday morning?

Re: Lagos-Ibadan Railway: The Lagos Station Prototype And Its Location by MrRush(m): 9:40am On Nov 12, 2018
smellingmenses:

Drunk so much early Monday morning?
ode it's too early abeg
Re: Lagos-Ibadan Railway: The Lagos Station Prototype And Its Location by smellingmenses: 10:36am On Nov 12, 2018
MrRush:
it's too early abeg

Get sober soon
Re: Lagos-Ibadan Railway: The Lagos Station Prototype And Its Location by COMPAQ(m): 10:54pm On Nov 12, 2018
Okoyeebo:

They should build a rail station in a certain location simply because people go there once a month?

The same you advocating for a station in Redemption camp is questioning a stop in Abeokuta a major city?

Let me not talk.

I'm not saying it shouldn't pass through abeokuta, but I think a spur to say Ijebu ode and on to Ore and Benin through redemption camp could be useful and commercially viable
Re: Lagos-Ibadan Railway: The Lagos Station Prototype And Its Location by jaymejate: 10:11am On Feb 09, 2019
AutoReportNG:
The ongoing Lagos-Ibadan Railway project which will cut across 3 states namely Lagos, Ogun and Oyo state is going on at a very fast pace. The railway is meant to ease of vehicular activities on the ever busy Lagos-Ibadan Road and it is also expected to be used to convey cargo goods thereby the pressure on Lagos roads will reduce.

According to the minister of transportation, Mr. Rotimi Ameachi, when the rail is completed, people living in Ibadan can work in Lagos and still get home on time as the trip using the rail is estimated to be in minutes.

AutoReportNG got the prototype of the proposed Lagos Railway Station and it was a sight to behold based on the design but we are still skeptical if it will be sited at Ebute-Metta or maybe at Iddo Railway Station. No matter what may be the final decision, trust us to always give you exclusively in as much as mobility and transportation are concerned in Nigeria.

Picture 3 denotes its final destination and where it will be sited.

Source:
https://www.autoreportng.com/2018/11/lagos-ibadan-railway-see-lagos-station.html

Josh, please do you have any idea of where abeokuta station might be?
Re: Lagos-Ibadan Railway: The Lagos Station Prototype And Its Location by AutoReportNG: 12:03pm On Feb 09, 2019
jaymejate:

Josh, please do you have any idea of where abeokuta station might be?

The Abeokuta is stationed at Oke Mosan... Please check it out, I read they are about rolling out free ride from Abeokuta to Iju, Lagos
Re: Lagos-Ibadan Railway: The Lagos Station Prototype And Its Location by jaymejate: 11:24am On Feb 10, 2019
AutoReportNG:

The Abeokuta is stationed at Oke Mosan... Please check it out, I read they are about rolling out free ride from Abeokuta to Iju, Lagos

Thank you so much. I'm gonna take it to Lagos.

Trailer Crushes AAU Female Student To Death (Graphic Photos) / Daylight Corruption In Immigration Office, Ibadan / Children Spray Papers On Motorists In Benin City, Imitate Yahoo Boys (Video)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50