Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,669 members, 7,809,528 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:54 AM

Obi Advises El Rufai To Shun Hate Speeches - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obi Advises El Rufai To Shun Hate Speeches (1435 Views)

We Are One Step Closer To Victory, Peter Obi Advises Nigerians To Get Their PVC / APC Presidential Ticket: Nabena Urges Supporters To Shun Hate Speech, Calumny / Peter Obi Advises Ihedioha: Don't Waste Imo Money, Ignore Chartered Jets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obi Advises El Rufai To Shun Hate Speeches by BeautifulMind2: 5:46pm On Nov 10, 2018
The former Governor of Anambra State and the Vice Presidential candidate of the People’s Democratic Party (PDP), Mr. Peter Obi has expressed surprise at the statement credited to Governor Nasir El Rufai of Kaduna State, who, in his twitter account, referred to Obi as “ a tribal bigot.” El Rufai alleged that Obi stopped him from moving around Anambra State during the gubernatorial election in the State in 2010. Obi said he was shocked to read such an outburst of hate from El Rufai, especially when, according to him, “the statement came unprovoked, suggesting that it was what he sat down to think of rather than thinking about how to solve the many problems plaguing the country.” Obi was speaking in answer to journalists that sought his reply to El Rufai’s tweet during Youth Programme at Nnewi today.

In Obi’s words: “What His Excellency, Gov. Nasir Ahmad El Rufai said about me has been brought to my attention. I believe that as we grow older and are saddled with more responsibilities, we are expected to become circumspect in our thinking and avoid recklessness in our speeches and utterances. How does the circumstance he referred to related to bigotry to warrant such a label? All I do for people like El Rufai is to pray for them and encourage them to concentrate on doing those things that will better the lots of Nigerians rather than engage in hate speeches that will divide and destroy the country.”

Insisting that Nigeria does not need violence of speech to solve her numerous problems, Obi continues: “At this difficult time in our country, when thousands of our brothers and sisters across ethnic divide are killed all over the country, including innocent citizens in Kaduna state; millions of our children from all the parts of the country are out of school; millions of Nigerian youths from all the parts of the country are without jobs, our pre-occupation, especially among those that are in government should not be making reckless speeches. What our leaders should be doing today is seeking solution to numerous problems of our dear country.”

Concerning the claim that he was arrested on the election day in Anambra, Obi said : “I am aware that during the said election he referred to, security agents merely restricted his movement because he has no business being in Anambra as I would not have any being in Kaduna on an election day.”

Concluding, Obi cautioned Nigerians, especially those in positions of authority, to avoid the dominance of the vice of hate over the virtues of love in whatever they do.
Lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: Obi Advises El Rufai To Shun Hate Speeches by atiku4President(m): 5:48pm On Nov 10, 2018
If he will listen
Re: Obi Advises El Rufai To Shun Hate Speeches by Nobody: 5:52pm On Nov 10, 2018
Nice one from obi
Re: Obi Advises El Rufai To Shun Hate Speeches by zionmde: 5:58pm On Nov 10, 2018
That's all they can use for campaign
Afterall they have achieved nothing for the past 3yrs apart from blames and hate speeches

2 Likes

Re: Obi Advises El Rufai To Shun Hate Speeches by slivertongue: 6:02pm On Nov 10, 2018
ELrufra &APC av nothin 2offer nigns thus dia attempts 2distract d electorates.bt dia stupidity wil certainly destroy dem

1 Like

Re: Obi Advises El Rufai To Shun Hate Speeches by alhassanyusuf29(m): 6:08pm On Nov 10, 2018
sharap!! the flat.head obi clearly didnt contradict nor belie the " tribal statement" that el rufai accused him off, instead, he went about beating around the bush!!.. shebi he will be in the north for campaigns, we shall wait for him with sticks and stones!
zionmde:
That's all they can use for campaign
Afterall they have achieved nothing for the past 3yrs apart from blames and hate speeches

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obi Advises El Rufai To Shun Hate Speeches by mekaboy(m): 6:12pm On Nov 10, 2018
I wonder how youths in kaduna will be listening to their governor making hate speech against others while they are shuttered daily. This reckless action of their governor should trigger a revolution. I would have expected them to address him through the press.

See how yoruba youths tackled fashola when he said they should vote for power to return to the south. They referred him to issues on ground and not ethnicity.

But the same can't be said for the North.

I think he enjoys blood and violence. He loves lives wasting in his state.

Sometimes you just wish Nigeria could be divided between north and south.

1 Like

Re: Obi Advises El Rufai To Shun Hate Speeches by alhassanyusuf29(m): 6:14pm On Nov 10, 2018
He should have used the same "tribal bigotry" in replying el rufai like he did in 2014, of course now that he is looking for northern votes, he is trying to be tact,sensitive and considerate with his utterances.. we dont chestbeat online like nyamuri flat.heads, we are patiently waiting for him in the north
Kingwizzy16:
Nice one from obi

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obi Advises El Rufai To Shun Hate Speeches by zionmde: 6:16pm On Nov 10, 2018
alhassanyusuf29:
sharap!! the flat.head obi clearly didnt contradict nor belie the " tribal statement" that el rufai accused him off, instead, he went about beating around the bush!!.. shebi he will be in the north for campaigns, we shall wait for him with sticks and stones!
Yeah It's not a new thing to say that violence runs through your DNAs.
carry ur rubber plates along
u might as well go from stoning him to ur normal daily begging and eating of leftover food so u don't collapse on the way due to ravishing hunger. for ur info I don't give a damn about any politician.

One more thing I love my flat head at least u and ur colleagues admire it while standing in zamfara and waiting for me to drop leftover food

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obi Advises El Rufai To Shun Hate Speeches by alhassanyusuf29(m): 6:21pm On Nov 10, 2018
how is it hate speech, do you know what is hate speech, are u educated at all?? pls dont insult our sensibility!!.. he clearly stated out the bigotry comments that obi made against him and ur talking about hate speech.. ur clearly irate and annoyed that obi has been called out for what he is.. im very happy with what el rufai is doing in kaduna state, i dont need a flat.head from far away eneugu to tell me what to feel about my governor
mekaboy:
I wonder how youths in kaduna will be listening to their governor making hate speech against others while they are shuttered daily. This reckless action of their governor should trigger a revolution. I would have expected them to address him through the press.

3 Likes

Re: Obi Advises El Rufai To Shun Hate Speeches by carrascocity(f): 6:22pm On Nov 10, 2018
told y'all Obi is veryobidient
Re: Obi Advises El Rufai To Shun Hate Speeches by nnachukz(m): 6:30pm On Nov 10, 2018
That is APC way.
Re: Obi Advises El Rufai To Shun Hate Speeches by MalcoImX: 6:30pm On Nov 10, 2018
It's beginning to get hot. Obi is calling for a truce.
Why I like El-Rufai is that the dude takes no prisoners.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obi Advises El Rufai To Shun Hate Speeches by mekaboy(m): 6:31pm On Nov 10, 2018
alhassanyusuf29:
how is it hate speech, do you know what is hate speech, are u educated at all?? pls dont insult our sensibility!!.. he clearly stated out the bigotry comments that obi made against him and ur talking about hate speech.. ur clearly irate and annoyed that obi has been called out for what he is.. im very happy with what el rufai is doing in kaduna state, i dont need a flat.head from far away eneugu to tell me what to feel about my governor

So with all the bloodshed in kaduna, you actually feel this is the right time for such?

Would u be saying the same if it were cows that were killed in kaduna? I guess you would have protested and attacked the governor. But what do I know? It's one Nigeria, we have to endure.

1 Like

Re: Obi Advises El Rufai To Shun Hate Speeches by mekaboy(m): 6:31pm On Nov 10, 2018
MalcoImX:
It's beginning to get hot. Obi is calling for a truce.

Why I like El-Rufai is that the dude takes no prisoners.

I guess that's why he paid killers to stop and start killing in kaduna.
Re: Obi Advises El Rufai To Shun Hate Speeches by BrokenTV: 6:39pm On Nov 10, 2018
If Hellfire(Elrufai) calls Obi tribal bigot, I wonder what we should call him(Elrufai) GCFR of tribal bigot. One of the problems of this country is Elrufai his own bigotry is worse than that of Buhari.
Re: Obi Advises El Rufai To Shun Hate Speeches by MalcoImX: 6:45pm On Nov 10, 2018
mekaboy:

I guess that's why he paid killers to stop and start killing in kaduna.

Do you recall his joust with Oritsejafor. The Nigh"*r had to take a duck from El-Rufai's kicks.

It's only the bad guys who're afraid of ER.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obi Advises El Rufai To Shun Hate Speeches by leoniel(m): 6:47pm On Nov 10, 2018
This is the kind of leaders we need in Nigeria,more of APC leaders are trouble maker.we need more mature politicians in Nigeria,good leaders not religious bigotry like El Rufai.
Re: Obi Advises El Rufai To Shun Hate Speeches by Omeokachie: 6:47pm On Nov 10, 2018
A man of peace schooling a violent man who pays vicious killers that kills his people on the need to always tow the path of peace...always.

First it was Atiku who gave the violent party the scare of their lives. When their corruption blackmail did not work, they have now decided to attack peaceful Obi with bogus accusations by a man that came in to perpetrate electoral malpractice in another state.
Re: Obi Advises El Rufai To Shun Hate Speeches by Stalwert: 6:48pm On Nov 10, 2018
[s]
BeautifulMind2:
The former Governor of Anambra State and the Vice Presidential candidate of the People’s Democratic Party (PDP), Mr. Peter Obi has expressed surprise at the statement credited to Governor Nasir El Rufai of Kaduna State, who, in his twitter account, referred to Obi as “ a tribal bigot.” El Rufai alleged that Obi stopped him from moving around Anambra State during the gubernatorial election in the State in 2010. Obi said he was shocked to read such an outburst of hate from El Rufai, especially when, according to him, “the statement came unprovoked, suggesting that it was what he sat down to think of rather than thinking about how to solve the many problems plaguing the country.” Obi was speaking in answer to journalists that sought his reply to El Rufai’s tweet during Youth Programme at Nnewi today.

In Obi’s words: “What His Excellency, Gov. Nasir Ahmad El Rufai said about me has been brought to my attention. I believe that as we grow older and are saddled with more responsibilities, we are expected to become circumspect in our thinking and avoid recklessness in our speeches and utterances. How does the circumstance he referred to related to bigotry to warrant such a label? All I do for people like El Rufai is to pray for them and encourage them to concentrate on doing those things that will better the lots of Nigerians rather than engage in hate speeches that will divide and destroy the country.”

Insisting that Nigeria does not need violence of speech to solve her numerous problems, Obi continues: “At this difficult time in our country, when thousands of our brothers and sisters across ethnic divide are killed all over the country, including innocent citizens in Kaduna state; millions of our children from all the parts of the country are out of school; millions of Nigerian youths from all the parts of the country are without jobs, our pre-occupation, especially among those that are in government should not be making reckless speeches. What our leaders should be doing today is seeking solution to numerous problems of our dear country.”

Concerning the claim that he was arrested on the election day in Anambra, Obi said : “I am aware that during the said election he referred to, security agents merely restricted his movement because he has no business being in Anambra as I would not have any being in Kaduna on an election day.”

Concluding, Obi cautioned Nigerians, especially those in positions of authority, to avoid the dominance of the vice of hate over the virtues of love in whatever they do.
Lalasticlala
[/s]

Rather than apologize the daft cretin still insist he has the right to deprive and harrass Nigerians that do not share any ethnicity with him. Come 2019 tribalist idiots will be disgraced, all the goons and criminals that think they will destroy Nigeria and pave way for beerfraud will be rejected.
Peter Obi will ultimately prove to be a bigger liability to Atiku than an asset

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obi Advises El Rufai To Shun Hate Speeches by zionmde: 6:49pm On Nov 10, 2018
alhassanyusuf29:
i thought ull be grateful if i help u out in ur family business, im glad u agree that ur sisters are prostitutes for them to have told u they prefer circumcised dicks, now we are getting somewhere grin cheesy.. next is for u to send me their details, i wont mind coming down to enugu state as long as they live in a brothel grin

why did u have to call out mynd44.. i thought we could do this all day

No problem u can come, as long as u don't come smelling like a camel urine.u know that odour is repulsive and they wont like it. Maybe u can have a little bath (after 4months of having none) go for circumcision, then u are good to go
Re: Obi Advises El Rufai To Shun Hate Speeches by Kingspin(m): 6:49pm On Nov 10, 2018
My government won't condone hate speech, says Buhari | TheCable
https://www.thecable.ng/my-government-wont-condone-hate-speech-says-buhari

6 days ago - President Muhammadu Buhari says the federal government will not condone hate speech.
Re: Obi Advises El Rufai To Shun Hate Speeches by mekaboy(m): 6:50pm On Nov 10, 2018
alhassanyusuf29:
what has the bloodshed in kaduna have to do with this issue?

You would not be asking if your cow was a victim. Because I am Sure it would pain your more than your family member.
Re: Obi Advises El Rufai To Shun Hate Speeches by deji17: 6:50pm On Nov 10, 2018
- Obi, is it true that 99% of your cabinet members while Governor of Anambra state were Catholic in a state that has large population of Anglicans ?
- Obi, is it true that you deported people to Akwa Ibom and other states?
- Obi, is it true that you forced Northerners in Anambra to have an identity card?

Let your conscience prick you

If all the above are true, then you are a tribal, ethnic and a religious bigot.

That you are a cheat and a fraud is not even open for debate.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obi Advises El Rufai To Shun Hate Speeches by Omeokachie: 6:52pm On Nov 10, 2018
"I believe that as we grow older and are saddled with more responsibilities, we are expected to become circumspect in our thinking and avoid recklessness in our speeches and utterances."

Obviously Elrufai is has not grown, just like his physical stature.
Re: Obi Advises El Rufai To Shun Hate Speeches by UgwuAghachi: 6:53pm On Nov 10, 2018
Mod isn't this on front page but Toyin Lawan news is there

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Oshiomhole, Over 10 Governors In Abuja As Buhari’s Reelection Campaign Kick Off / The True Oil Producing Ethnic People In Nigeria / What Can You Help Buhari With In Parking His Properties To Daura?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.