Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,082 members, 7,811,036 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:20 PM

'Ornge' Is So Last Season: Sterling Bank Shades GTB In New Advert (Photos) - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 'Ornge' Is So Last Season: Sterling Bank Shades GTB In New Advert (Photos) (50032 Views)

GTB Vs Innoson: Supreme Court Rules In Favour Of GTB In N2.4bn Debt / Pepsi Shades Coca-cola In New Advert / GTB In Desperate Move To Stop Customers From Closing Account (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'Ornge' Is So Last Season: Sterling Bank Shades GTB In New Advert (Photos) by Businessideas: 9:41pm On Nov 10, 2018
justli:

Niggar get a life, a little fun never hurt anyone. How much do you think they spent in all to get this much publicity. Sterlin bank is definately creative with these adverts and they are getting all the publicity at the lowest cost while also helping to crack up Nigerians. I totally support this style of campaign.
I am sure that you are young so I will forgive your uncouth use of words. Every matured person or shareholder of Sterling bank doesn't see anything funny in this expensive joke, these advert boards are very very expensive because I know their cost. The CBN doesn't find it funny too and that explains why they were warned the last time. At a time the shares of most companies on the stock exchange, including Sterling bank shares,is going south, spending millions on joke is not funny. I have been a victim of this misplacement of priorities by Sterling bank and it's fair to be worried that a bank that sees no merit in branding and donating books that can help NYSC youth corpers could spend millions to throw shades at it's competitor. This is how these banks behave. Take something very valuable to them, they will throw it out but the next moment they are spending tens and hundreds of millions on ridiculous things. It's really sad and I am genuinely worried as a Nigerian , customer and shareholder in these banks.

2 Likes

Re: 'Ornge' Is So Last Season: Sterling Bank Shades GTB In New Advert (Photos) by dingbang(m): 9:45pm On Nov 10, 2018
Sterling bank should take lessons from Skye bank and be humble
Re: 'Ornge' Is So Last Season: Sterling Bank Shades GTB In New Advert (Photos) by mikaael(m): 10:25pm On Nov 10, 2018
7figuresalary:
Anything to send the lifeless dullard back to Daura...

Are u high?
Re: 'Ornge' Is So Last Season: Sterling Bank Shades GTB In New Advert (Photos) by jennybarbie(f): 10:25pm On Nov 10, 2018
Topmaike007:
I no understand wetin Sterling bank mean ooo

Orange is the colour for GTB...so last season means something that is no longer in Vogue...something that is old fashioned....therefore Sterling bank is saying GTB is old fashioned.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Ornge' Is So Last Season: Sterling Bank Shades GTB In New Advert (Photos) by Topmaike007(m): 10:41pm On Nov 10, 2018
jennybarbie:

Orange is the colour for GTB...so last season means something that is no longer in Vogue...something that is old fashioned....therefore Sterling bank is saying GTB is old fashioned.
wow thanks for the enlightment

1 Like

Re: 'Ornge' Is So Last Season: Sterling Bank Shades GTB In New Advert (Photos) by Obierika(m): 10:50pm On Nov 10, 2018
Businessideas:

GTBank will report Sterling bank and this time CBN will wield the stick. They spent millions of shareholders funds on these very very expensive outdoor advertising not for social courses or to tell their own value proposition but to send childish cryptic message to their competitor :oIn my opinion,this Sterling Bank is not behaving like a bank for serious people.
I and my team have sent in proposal to this same Sterling bank for them to brand our book for them to give NYSC youth Corp members,they misplaced the sample copy and threw out the proposal but when it comes to something as useless as spending millions on advertising to shade your competitor, they have money for that!! I shook my head when recently I saw fcmb spending millions to advertise a fair for British Secondary schools yet turned down our proposal even though we bank with them. GTBank, like Sterling bank, couldn't trace and locate the sample copy of the book that accompanied the proposal!
I really truly doubt the patriotism and priorities of these Nigerian banks.
Their new extravaganza is now what they call 'Whatsapp banking' cool

Does this book actually contain 1,000 plus practical business ideas.

No self respecting bank will support a project that makes spurious claims!

Then again, if you know so many ways to make money why then do you need the banks?

Translate one of your ideas into reality and you'll have the banks chasing you to fund your projects!

2 Likes

Re: 'Ornge' Is So Last Season: Sterling Bank Shades GTB In New Advert (Photos) by Acidosis(m): 11:27pm On Nov 10, 2018
Businessideas:

I am sure that you are young so I will forgive your uncouth use of words. Every matured person or shareholder of Sterling bank doesn't see anything funny in this expensive joke, these advert boards are very very expensive because I know their cost. The CBN doesn't find it funny too and that explains why they were warned the last time. At a time the shares of most companies on the stock exchange, including Sterling bank shares,is going south, spending millions on joke is not funny. I have been a victim of this misplacement of priorities by Sterling bank and it's fair to be worried that a bank that sees no merit in branding and donating books that can help NYSC youth corpers could spend millions to throw shades at it's competitor. This is how these banks behave. Take something very valuable to them, they will throw it out but the next moment they are spending tens and hundreds of millions on ridiculous things. It's really sad and I am genuinely worried as a Nigerian , customer and shareholder in these banks.

Sterling bank spends more on CSR than most of the popular banks in Nigeria. I know because I've worked directly with many annual reports of all Nigerian banks (and many other Nigerian organisations); as far back as year 2000 to 2017.

Now apart from UBA, Sterling is in fact, the only bank that donates massively to schools and colleges. Currently, a new avenue has just been rolled out to entrepreneurs, allowing them to pitch their business plans for a sum of N10m. Need I also mention that Sterling bank owns Nigeria's only SME academy, and has presently trained over 20,000 entrepreneurs across Nigeria (at N10,000 only). Do you know by merely attending that training, you automatically have an edge to obtain a loan from the bank?

What you call expensive can't be compared to Diamond bank's ads, and those of Access bank (in fact this one only shoot adverts in London, Europe etc.).

Take a look at their annual reports and compare. These things are freely available for download online.

I actually criticize the bank for being too secretive, most of the good deals stays within the cycle of customers. Sterling needs to spend more on advert!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Ornge' Is So Last Season: Sterling Bank Shades GTB In New Advert (Photos) by harbarzzy(m): 11:28pm On Nov 10, 2018
Sterling is a One customer bank.how can you shades ur elder
Re: 'Ornge' Is So Last Season: Sterling Bank Shades GTB In New Advert (Photos) by Acidosis(m): 11:54pm On Nov 10, 2018
dingbang:
Sterling bank should take lessons from Skye bank and be humble

Sterling bank has been around and incorporated since 1960 bro; got licensed as Nigeria’s first merchant bank in 1969. There are no lessons to be learned.
GTB only came on board 30 years after.

smiley

1 Like

Re: 'Ornge' Is So Last Season: Sterling Bank Shades GTB In New Advert (Photos) by naturefellow(m): 12:45am On Nov 11, 2018
Businessideas:

GTBank will report Sterling bank and this time CBN will wield the stick. They spent millions of shareholders funds on these very very expensive outdoor advertising not for social courses or to tell their own value proposition but to send childish cryptic message to their competitor :oIn my opinion,this Sterling Bank is not behaving like a bank for serious people.
I and my team have sent in proposal to this same Sterling bank for them to brand our book for them to give NYSC youth Corp members,they misplaced the sample copy and threw out the proposal but when it comes to something as useless as spending millions on advertising to shade your competitor, they have money for that!! I shook my head when recently I saw fcmb spending millions to advertise a fair for British Secondary schools yet turned down our proposal even though we bank with them. GTBank, like Sterling bank, couldn't trace and locate the sample copy of the book that accompanied the proposal!
I feel your pain. Pele dear! So many youth with brilliant ideas but no financing. Many institutions in Nigeria have become a joke due to prioritization of trivialities. Even notable individuals, celebrities, well, most them, in the real sense, are nonentities - not worthy of celebration, emulation or consultation for support.

2 Likes

Re: 'Ornge' Is So Last Season: Sterling Bank Shades GTB In New Advert (Photos) by naijacartoon: 1:17am On Nov 11, 2018
when there is money...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 'Ornge' Is So Last Season: Sterling Bank Shades GTB In New Advert (Photos) by Sleezwizz: 1:49am On Nov 11, 2018
Lenadiva:
Waitin concern me. If they like, make dey fight, break their head and leg, put fire for their banking hall, I don't care. Afterall I'm not banking with them. Zenith and Access na ma bank.

Lolzzz... grin

Even if they fight break their head and leg, make e sha no affect my account balance by 1kobo or else...
Re: 'Ornge' Is So Last Season: Sterling Bank Shades GTB In New Advert (Photos) by ruffp: 3:24am On Nov 11, 2018
Is sterling a bank

1 Like

Re: 'Ornge' Is So Last Season: Sterling Bank Shades GTB In New Advert (Photos) by dingbang(m): 4:36am On Nov 11, 2018
Acidosis:

Sterling bank has been around and incorporated since 1960 bro; got licensed as Nigeria’s first merchant bank in 1969. There are no lessons to be learned.
GTB only came on board 30 years after.

smiley
not how long, but how well
Re: 'Ornge' Is So Last Season: Sterling Bank Shades GTB In New Advert (Photos) by Nobody: 5:03am On Nov 11, 2018
mikaael:

Are u high?
Ur papa!!!
Re: 'Ornge' Is So Last Season: Sterling Bank Shades GTB In New Advert (Photos) by Oluromantic: 5:39am On Nov 11, 2018
Creativebae:
They haf come again oh..
Lol
Fine girl. Nice pic
Re: 'Ornge' Is So Last Season: Sterling Bank Shades GTB In New Advert (Photos) by Creativebae(f): 6:39am On Nov 11, 2018
Oluromantic:

Fine girl. Nice pic

Aww thanks alot sir..
Re: 'Ornge' Is So Last Season: Sterling Bank Shades GTB In New Advert (Photos) by overboard(m): 7:04am On Nov 11, 2018
Ijebulogic:
Misplaced Priorities by Sterling Back and probably based on advise from someone who attended a short course on marketing strategy without considering the Nigeria context. GTB is a solid Tier 1 Bank with stronger share price and return on investment than FBN and UBA. Sterling is a Tier 2 bank without any clear positioning in the market. Rather than spend over N100m on Billboards, they should increase SME credit portfolio and invest in customer experience. Always respect your seniors that don't make noise...because when dem VEX ehn? You go hear am.

Gbamic post!

1 Like

Re: 'Ornge' Is So Last Season: Sterling Bank Shades GTB In New Advert (Photos) by NwaJozi: 7:33am On Nov 11, 2018
grin grin >
Re: 'Ornge' Is So Last Season: Sterling Bank Shades GTB In New Advert (Photos) by chival(f): 7:50am On Nov 11, 2018
They just wasted a lot of money. They don't hold a candle to GTB. they never have and they never will.
Re: 'Ornge' Is So Last Season: Sterling Bank Shades GTB In New Advert (Photos) by Nobody: 8:08am On Nov 11, 2018
Businessideas:

Guess you had their logo on the sample copies. That's why they 'misplaced' it
Re: 'Ornge' Is So Last Season: Sterling Bank Shades GTB In New Advert (Photos) by olisaEze(m): 8:10am On Nov 11, 2018
cheesy nice one! A little shade adds depth to a big picture. #sterlingbank small motor, big engine! grin
Re: 'Ornge' Is So Last Season: Sterling Bank Shades GTB In New Advert (Photos) by efighter: 8:55am On Nov 11, 2018
Businessideas:

I currently work in one of the foremost Advert Agencies in the country. In Advertising, anything that draws attention to you is publicity and there is no negative publicity. For a bank that is almost the last in terms of customer base and coverage, anything that will make the public know you is welcome as long as it is not about customers' money flying away from the bank.
Re: 'Ornge' Is So Last Season: Sterling Bank Shades GTB In New Advert (Photos) by maigemuu: 10:26am On Nov 11, 2018
Since nairalanders have been awaiting my response on the sterling bank's cryptic message,

I would say it is as a result of idleness especially when you have just "one customer" in your book....it makes you bored...
Re: 'Ornge' Is So Last Season: Sterling Bank Shades GTB In New Advert (Photos) by Cannonleo(m): 11:45am On Nov 11, 2018
post=72854014:
Since they mentioned no bank's name, they are cool.
Another marketing strategy......
They leave the online warriors to sweat with that.

Btw, GTB bank, we have some things to discuss , any of their rep here?!

Fraudsters, keep off!
whats the issue
Re: 'Ornge' Is So Last Season: Sterling Bank Shades GTB In New Advert (Photos) by IntellectOzone(m): 3:34pm On Nov 11, 2018
Akinsbobo2:

Sure,I guarantee that. I bank with them. And they equally courteous workers too. I give it to them

That's true bro, I sometimes go give there workers whala without any problem wrong with my acct cos dey are friendly and active with there work...... Oh! my goodness!!!! dey can plead for Africa so as not to loose customer that's why I love it a lot.

Sterling bank all the way!!!!!

1 Like

Re: 'Ornge' Is So Last Season: Sterling Bank Shades GTB In New Advert (Photos) by Akinsbobo2(m): 5:52pm On Nov 11, 2018
Businessideas:

Hahaha. You must be kidding grin

No, I'm not. This is a fact I can defend any day,anytime. I bank at two of their branches, Awori( abule egba) and Egbeda both in Lagos and I can attest their services. There are times I use their branches outside Lagos and I tell you, Sterling Bank is the bank
Re: 'Ornge' Is So Last Season: Sterling Bank Shades GTB In New Advert (Photos) by Akinsbobo2(m): 6:01pm On Nov 11, 2018
IntellectOzone:

That's true bro, I sometimes go give there workers whala without any problem wrong with my acct cos dey are friendly and active with there work...... Oh! my goodness!!!! dey can plead for Africa so as not to loose customer that's why I love it a lot.

Sterling bank all the way!!!!!

I agree with you 100%
Re: 'Ornge' Is So Last Season: Sterling Bank Shades GTB In New Advert (Photos) by TheStarsAlign: 7:26pm On Nov 11, 2018
Sterling bank is so unserious. While GTBank is contributing to helping a local tailor become somebody, the one customer bank is acting stupid 'upandan'. If Orange is so last season, then Sterling is so in extinction. They are not mates by every definition.

Edit: if you take out salary accounts of Conoil and Glo, this 'One Customer Bank' will just fold up.
Re: 'Ornge' Is So Last Season: Sterling Bank Shades GTB In New Advert (Photos) by Nobody: 9:25pm On Nov 11, 2018
Gibiti bank?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Folorunsho Alakija's Husband And Sons At Her Birthday Party / Bags Of Shredded Old Naira Notes Allegedly Dumped By CBN (Video) / FG Apologises For Asking Bank Account Holders To Re-Register

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.