Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,311 members, 7,819,059 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:45 AM

Ekiti To Become Nation’s Food Basket, Says Fayemi - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ekiti To Become Nation’s Food Basket, Says Fayemi (7501 Views)

I Leave Fayose To God, Says Fayemi / Bola Tinubu Storms Ekiti To Campaign For Fayemi (photos) / Fayose Planning To Set Me Up, Says Fayemi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ekiti To Become Nation’s Food Basket, Says Fayemi by olatbs(m): 7:55am On Nov 11, 2018
I served at ekiti and I observed that if ekiti people are serious with farming, they should be able to feed the whole of southwest comfortably because of their fertile land ... me I believe ekiti should be the food basket of the west cos virtually anything can grow on the fertile soil in ekiti...I'm not an ekiti man but seeing is believing
Re: Ekiti To Become Nation’s Food Basket, Says Fayemi by edemsimeon: 9:07am On Nov 11, 2018
WHAT HAPPENED TO BENUE? Abi fulani herdsmen have finished all the food in Benue...
Re: Ekiti To Become Nation’s Food Basket, Says Fayemi by nokatakata: 9:24am On Nov 11, 2018
ACTION PLEASE! ACTION
Re: Ekiti To Become Nation’s Food Basket, Says Fayemi by Sleekfingers: 9:36am On Nov 11, 2018
It is achievable.....but not in 4years....

The earlier the better....he should talk less....
The state should try and partner with investors....give loans, equip and train the farmers with modern equipments...

I repeat partner with investors...the government can't do it alone...
Re: Ekiti To Become Nation’s Food Basket, Says Fayemi by Skseries: 10:36am On Nov 11, 2018
Someone that help position of minister of solid minerals for 3plus years and couldn't do any tangible thin ajaokuta to be specific. If not that Nigeria is a yeye country, a sane country ppl won't even allow him hold any public office again.
Re: Ekiti To Become Nation’s Food Basket, Says Fayemi by Illmatic91: 10:42am On Nov 11, 2018
Naso!!!
Re: Ekiti To Become Nation’s Food Basket, Says Fayemi by Andrewkinggg: 11:23am On Nov 11, 2018
I can't take this man serious anymore..

I remembered him saying on National TV while he was the Minister of Mineral Resources saying he's going to revamp Ajaokuta Steel Mill.. Fayemi can't do nada in Ekiti state, he's a big fat liar..
Re: Ekiti To Become Nation’s Food Basket, Says Fayemi by Lumig: 2:23pm On Nov 11, 2018
7Ebisco:
Governor Kayode Fayemi has said his administration’s plan to focus on agriculture and rural development is to reposition Ekiti State as a food basket for the country.

The governor, who said that farming remained the number one pre-occupation of Ekiti people, said his government would partner with the farmers and some private organisations to boost food production through agric business.

Minister commends ongoing facilities upgrading at FMC Ebute Metta

According to him, Ekiti has the capacity to become the food basket not only for the region for the country at large, because of its rich farm land and all that government needed to do was to create enabling environment, and support the farmers with infrastructure and access to funding.

Fayemi spoke when he inspected facilities at the National Food Reserves Agency’s silos in Ado-Ekiti. He said the Federal Government set up the silos as a repository for food storage that people can fall back to during non-harvest period, adding that his administration would encourage farmers to take advantage of the storage facilities, which he said were currently under utilised.

Getting business loans from banks (Concluding)

The governor noted that the importance of agriculture in the state’s drive towards economic development cannot be over emphasized, adding that great will and determination were needed to put the economy in big agricultural production footing.

He said Ekiti state was endowed with capacity to produce a variety of agricultural products if the right resources were provided to farmers especially provision of storage facilities.

https://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/11/ekiti-to-become-nations-food-basket.html
Amen!!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

They Collected Back The Money After Taking Pictures And Gave Us Only N2,000' / Commentary On The Anticipated Muslim-muslim Ticket Of The APC / Delta: Okowa Signs ₦‎71 Billion Supplementary Appropriation Bill

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.