Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,377 members, 7,812,095 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:08 AM

5 Reasons Why We Must Not Remove God From Human Governance - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 5 Reasons Why We Must Not Remove God From Human Governance (6834 Views)

Christians And Muslims See How Allah Proved That He Isn't God From His Own Mouth / BREAKING: Biden Becomes 1st President To Omit ‘god’ From National Day Of Prayer / Answers About God From A Famous Ex-atheist With 50yrs Experience Of Arguments (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Reasons Why We Must Not Remove God From Human Governance by Chevrolet076(m): 4:04pm On Nov 11, 2018
AkpaMgbor:

Your first paragraph contradicts the second one..the USA for example, still has a higher number of church goers when compared to Nigeria ..Italy is majorly religious..your country Nigeria is nowhere near Italy in terms of progress...you're using Nigeria and other African countries like Zimbabwe as a yardstick..south East Asia are highly religious..Chinese practice buhddasim majorly..Indians are very religious and majority practice Hinduism..YET most African countries can't hold a candlestick to them..Africans(especially Nigerians)have been
using religion as an excuse for their lack of development...nothing could be further from the truth..you're not more religious than the Japanese man that has been practicing shintoism for a thousand years or the Roman Catholics in Italy.
what you don't get is that
The Number Of Non Religious People In America Compared To religious People in America... And The Number Of Religious People To Non Religious People in Nigeria..
Re: 5 Reasons Why We Must Not Remove God From Human Governance by dallyemmy: 5:22pm On Nov 11, 2018
How can we Satan from Human government instead?
Re: 5 Reasons Why We Must Not Remove God From Human Governance by Turantula(m): 5:29pm On Nov 11, 2018
Op, I know if you are asked to live in a religious country like Saudi Arabia and atheist country like Japan you will choose Japan.
Re: 5 Reasons Why We Must Not Remove God From Human Governance by Friend01(m): 9:25pm On Nov 11, 2018
Purplekush:

I'm seriously fighting the urge to tell you to go how stupid that sounds.

First first... Prove that there is a God. Then we can now go to whether religion should be promoted or not.

let's apply something logical and I hope you will be patient enough to agree with it.

If I told you these words you've strung together into beautiful and meaningful sentence are a result of happenstance simply because I can't see the writer will it be sensible enough to say these words came by themselves and arranged themselves without any cause behind it?
it would make me look foolish and illogical.

Similarly, if you were to look into the cells in our body and it's organelles and how they perform different functions in making sure our body system does not shut down then you have to agree with me that these structures and functions of our body don't just happen as a result of some widely believed random-self-assembly of some matter that appeared from nothing to create this vast array of microcosms of cells, organs, tissues and even some nano bits of workings happening every second in our body without our approval.

Can you tell me that all these function were as a result of nature? or what?
Because it is would totally illogical to tell me that nothing crested something or order came from disorder or that this world just created itself without any cause.

It even sounds stupid to think that way.
Prof. Richard Dawkins tried explaining this to an audience some time ago and it made him really looked stupid.

You can't deny your existence simply because you can see the brain behind all these.
Your mind is too small to conceive the many things that are yet to be discovered yet you are bold in ignorance wrapped in arrogance to claim all these things just happened.

If we were to stretch this argument you will see how foolish it will sound for one to be an atheist.

For your information, I am a Muslim not a Christian

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why We Must Not Remove God From Human Governance by Friend01(m): 9:46pm On Nov 11, 2018
JeromeBlack:

Oga, your religion is even one of the worst religions known to man.

For example, can you marry 10 wives? No? But your role model and prophet had more than 10 wives!!

For example, one cannot use the Quran/Hadith to rule against slavery. One has to actually use secular law. Did you know that the last countries to eradicate slavery were muslim countries? Google is your friend!

For example, it is commanded in islam that women cannot marry non believers but muslim men are allowed to marry christians/Jews. That is classic misogyny

And this is a book/religion you want to use to govern a nation? Nonsense

You want to lecture about my religion?

As for the prophet marrying 10 wives that is a specially assigned to him by Almighty God based on certain conditions which only applied to him.
It Amy suprise you to know that out of all these women more than half were either widows or previously married women who were divorced legally by their previous husbands and he only married a virgin Aisha ,May Allah be pleased with her(which you people love to use as a weapon to discredit his prophethood) and mind you, this lady never complained for once that she was treated in a manner unbefitting of a married woman.

Alla his wives agreed and loved him for who he is not what you warped 21st century ever erratic standards want to impose on us.

On the matter of slavery; slavery as always being there since time immemorial.
What Islaam came to do is manumit people through a more organised fashion not a smash and grab approach which would have resulted in more blood shed and what have you.
The topic is very vast so, it is better we leave it for the topic in contention.

I still maintain religion especially Islaam is far more better than any political system you can come up with.

Democracy as widely believed to be government by the people, of the people and for the people is a ruse which its initiators knew gullible people like you would fall for.

Democracy as a system is really meant for the 1% not you or me.
Imagine a system where campaigns are the only means one can get into any position of importance.
The chain is very simple which is, candidates need campaign to win, campaign needs money to work, money comes from God fathers(in form of big corporations ) and God fathers need corruption for them to recoup what they spent and interest and you think democracy is still the best bet apart from God's law i.e the Shari'ah where campaigns is not allowed nor seeking for such position, but sometimes based on consultation by God conscious and foresight driven individuals not like in democracy where votes are based on numbers of the people you can fool.
where the vote of an armed robber is equal to the vote of a honest hardworking guy.
were a vote of a prostitute is equal to the vote of a loving and faithful wife and mother.
where the vote of a drunkard is equal to the vote a clergyman.

Is this the system where the bad is rewarded because most people are so dump and foolish to know their right from left.

let me drop my own here.
Re: 5 Reasons Why We Must Not Remove God From Human Governance by JeromeBlack: 1:41am On Nov 12, 2018
Friend01:

You want to lecture about my religion?

As for the prophet marrying 10 wives that is a specially assigned to him by Almighty God based on certain conditions which only applied to him.
It Amy suprise you to know that out of all these women more than half were either widows or previously married women who were divorced legally by their previous husbands and he only married a virgin Aisha ,May Allah be pleased with her(which you people love to use as a weapon to discredit his prophethood) and mind you, this lady never complained for once that she was treated in a manner unbefitting of a married woman.

Alla his wives agreed and loved him for who he is not what you warped 21st century ever erratic standards want to impose on us.

On the matter of slavery; slavery as always being there since time immemorial.
What Islaam came to do is manumit people through a more organised fashion not a smash and grab approach which would have resulted in more blood shed and what have you.
The topic is very vast so, it is better we leave it for the topic in contention.

I still maintain religion especially Islaam is far more better than any political system you can come up with.

Democracy as widely believed to be government by the people, of the people and for the people is a ruse which its initiators knew gullible people like you would fall for.

Democracy as a system is really meant for the 1% not you or me.
Imagine a system where campaigns are the only means one can get into any position of importance.
The chain is very simple which is, candidates need campaign to win, campaign needs money to work, money comes from God fathers(in form of big corporations ) and God fathers need corruption for them to recoup what they spent and interest and you think democracy is still the best bet apart from God's law i.e the Shari'ah where campaigns is not allowed nor seeking for such position, but sometimes based on consultation by God conscious and foresight driven individuals not like in democracy where votes are based on numbers of the people you can fool.
where the vote of an armed robber is equal to the vote of a honest hardworking guy.
were a vote of a prostitute is equal to the vote of a loving and faithful wife and mother.
where the vote of a drunkard is equal to the vote a clergyman.

Is this the system where the bad is rewarded because most people are so dump and foolish to know their right from left.

let me drop my own here.

Just as I expected, you did not really address the points I made.

If islam is so great, why did it take secular law to stop slavery? Why is sharia lacking in anti-slavery laws?

Your religion and God are full of hypocrisies. God mandated that the prophet should have more than 10 wives but for the rest, they should have a maximum of 4. That is dishonesty and favouritism. How can God be so biased?

Lastly, every sharia compliant country has failed to have any decent human rights. If sharia is so great, why are sharia countries so backwards? They never have good human rights records, they never win the world cup or dominate the olympics. They lag behind in scientific achievements etc

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Reasons Why We Must Not Remove God From Human Governance by nextstep(m): 4:00am On Nov 12, 2018
Quite simply, God (in all religions), is a concept invented by human beings to explain human existence, their "specialness" in relation to the natural world, to explain natural phenomena, and to address the very scary notion of simply not existing once we die.

It's only natural for a sapient being to ponder these things, and the answers (e.g. religion and pantheon of mythical beings) are meant to give us some comfort, some guidance, and something to hope for.

Think about it: for about 4.5 billion years on this Earth (and there may well be sentient beings on other solar systems, at different times), there was nobody to think about or invent God: the language, mental sophistication, and societal organization just wasn't there. It sort of evolved over the past 50-100 thousand years, starting from explaining natural phenomenon as being caused by special beings, to creating a pantheon that mimics our hierarchies, to creating a scenario (e.g. afterlife) that rewards or punishes current behavior.

Long story short, human existence does not need the theory of God; humans just need to:
1. love themselves
2. love other humans as themselves

And you'll see that you don't need the threat of eternal damnation nor the lure of heavenly bliss to build a more perfect society.
Re: 5 Reasons Why We Must Not Remove God From Human Governance by Friend01(m): 6:59am On Nov 12, 2018
JeromeBlack:

Just as I expected, you did not really address the points I made.

If islam is so great, why did it take secular law to stop slavery? Why is sharia lacking in anti-slavery laws?

Your religion and God are full of hypocrisies. God mandated that the prophet should have more than 10 wives but for the rest, they should have a maximum of 4. That is dishonesty and favouritism. How can God be so biased?

Lastly, every sharia compliant country has failed to have any decent human rights. If sharia is so great, why are sharia countries so backwards? They never have good human rights records, they never win the world cup or dominate the olympics. They lag behind in scientific achievements etc

Shari'ah countries are backwards?
By whose standards?

If you said scientifically and technologically backward I may agree to an extent, but if you talk about morally and socially backward I will tell you for free that the West is yet to show is worst side when we compare it to the Muslim world.

As for your claim of hypocrisy why the noble prophet of Islaam married the women he married were simply because Almighty God did not permit him to divorce any of his wives and like I said, these marriages were based on so many factors not only sensual fulfillment which I can't start elaborating because of your wrong perception.

Saudi 'Arabia today is the only Shari'ah compliant country I know of and she is not lacking in whatever aspect you speak of.

You always shouting Human Rights, human left.
Saudi Arabia still remains the place to be.
If were to look closely at Human Rights records the West you hold up as the standard has violated more Human Rights than the any Shari'ah compliant country you point at.

Who instigated the wars in Libya, Syria, Afghanistan and Iraq in order to sell weapons?
Who?
You think we don't know about the APAC body who always have a say on who becomes the president if America.

You think because so group of people who gathered to write down some laws called 'Human Rights ' and whoever does not tow their line of doing things is either they take it (democracy) or take bombs.

All Muslim countries were doing fine before the West started foisting down on the Muslim world to take democracy but today you can see the results of it all from Somalia to Iraq to Syria.

Now winning Olympics is now the standard?
what a tow faced round about argument.
Look at the most peaceful places on earth today they have not even won a medal worthy of now is it Sweden or Denmark?

please, let's not stretch this argument.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Experiences Strengthened Your Faith In God? / One Major Thing That Can Stop Gods Blessings / The Queen Of Heaven

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.