Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,964 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:29 AM

5 Reasons Why We Must Not Remove God From Human Governance - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 5 Reasons Why We Must Not Remove God From Human Governance (6833 Views)

Christians And Muslims See How Allah Proved That He Isn't God From His Own Mouth / BREAKING: Biden Becomes 1st President To Omit ‘god’ From National Day Of Prayer / Answers About God From A Famous Ex-atheist With 50yrs Experience Of Arguments (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Reasons Why We Must Not Remove God From Human Governance by Nelly613: 9:19am On Nov 11, 2018
As we wait for the second coming of our Lord and saviour lets fill our soul with positive songs..
Feel free to download Joy Overflow by Joe Praize

Download Joe Praize “Joy Overflow” Mp3

DOWNLOAD MP3
Re: 5 Reasons Why We Must Not Remove God From Human Governance by AkpaMgbor(m): 9:23am On Nov 11, 2018
Robynwelo1:
It's not religion that reduces crime, it's society. Take note.

Haven said that, it will be useless to debunk your claims, when it is glaring that the most religious countries are the most non progressive.
Your first paragraph contradicts the second one..the USA for example, still has a higher number of church goers when compared to Nigeria ..Italy is majorly religious..your country Nigeria is nowhere near Italy in terms of progress...you're using Nigeria and other African countries like Zimbabwe as a yardstick..south East Asia are highly religious..Chinese practice buhddasim majorly..Indians are very religious and majority practice Hinduism..YET most African countries can't hold a candlestick to them..Africans(especially Nigerians)have been
using religion as an excuse for their lack of development...nothing could be further from the truth..you're not more religious than the Japanese man that has been practicing shintoism for a thousand years or the Roman Catholics in Italy.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why We Must Not Remove God From Human Governance by AkpaMgbor(m): 9:28am On Nov 11, 2018
dionysus7:

in the case of people having bad leaders for example, Nigeria, you're saying god intentionally gave us bad leaders because we deserve to be led by bad leaders? i probably dont know much about this god you're describing but i can tell you he sounds a lot like a vindictive ass. I mean he's god right? with all his supposed infinite power and mercy? people will be born into this bleeped up state we are through no fault of their own and he still thinks they deserve the leaders they're getting. why not give us good leaders that will lead us righteously?
Like you rightly opined, you don't know jack shyte about the God he is talking about..He is a God of freedom and choice..when he led the isrealites out of Egypt, they started demanding for a king(because other people were choosing one)..he allowed them to chose a king for themselves and the people degenerated into one civil war after another..He has given you something called a BRAIN for decision making..if you as a people decide to use that wonderful organ to elect grossly incompetent people to lead then you should take the full responsibility for your choice..

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why We Must Not Remove God From Human Governance by Infinityyyyy: 9:47am On Nov 11, 2018
AkpaMgbor:

Like you rightly opined, you don't know jack shyte about the God he is talking about..He is a God of freedom and choice..when he led the isrealites out of Egypt, they started demanding for a king(because other people were choosing one)..he allowed them to chose a king for themselves and the people degenerated into one civil war after another..He has given you something called a BRAIN for decision making..if you as a people decide to use that wonderful organ to elect grossly incompetent people to lead then you should take the full responsibility for your choice..

This God must be a tribal God then... He did this, did that...just in favour of the Israelites...hehe... This kind of God can never be useful to Africans... He loves the Jews and hates Africans...

2 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why We Must Not Remove God From Human Governance by Eres94: 9:53am On Nov 11, 2018
ok
Re: 5 Reasons Why We Must Not Remove God From Human Governance by Infinityyyyy: 9:58am On Nov 11, 2018
If Africans need a God in Governance, it is certainly not foreign Gods... Aligning our governance with Alien Gods is insanity and slavery. It is represents total backwardness!
Re: 5 Reasons Why We Must Not Remove God From Human Governance by Lexusgs430: 9:59am On Nov 11, 2018
The God they have been putting, how has that helped Nigeria's conditions?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Reasons Why We Must Not Remove God From Human Governance by SOSPITAS(m): 10:20am On Nov 11, 2018
[b]
LandlordHopeful:
As an Antitheist I owe it to myself to counter this ridiculous points brought up by OP as failure to do so would be a disservice to myself and the readers

Counters

1. Democracy precedes declaration of independence. let's stop pretending it started to exist as soon as the declaration was made.

I could've gone through the nitty gritty of the declaration but I think the simple point up there is enough

Certain religions do not even encourage democracy. Bible and Koran endorse monarchy more

2. Tyranny exists even in the most religious of countries. look at Qatar and UAE.

Also when you believe in "god's plan" you can also believe tyrannical government is part of his plan. The corruption, tyranny, squalor, poverty sickness and all sorts of bad things can be part of "his plan"

gods plan is one of the most useless and idiotic things anyone can believe as anything and everything can all be part of his "plan"

3. Explosion of anarchy? what nonsense. even simple comparison between an ultra god believing country like Nigeria and atheist Japan crime rate nukes that point entirely

Nigeria is filled with a population that all claim to be "God Fearing" but has the 14th highest crime rate in the world while an atheist japan filled with "sinners" "Reprobate" "people who don't fear god" "heathens" "infidels" have the lowest crime rate in the world https://www.numbeo.com/crime/rankings_by_country.jsp

Also god believers are known to do bad things and claim god told them to do it. Look at religious terrors over the years

Through empathy, rationality, and the understanding of the consequences of our Actions is how morality can get better not inserting god. I'd argue that inserting god can only make it worse

4 this is too irrelevant to delve into

5. Go to Saudi Arabia and exercise your freedom
[/b]

My point is that human right (which all government was formed to protect) should have no political conception.it must not be seen as a political concept at all but as a divine one. The reason been that human right is tied with the origin of man, if man’s origin is from God, then human right is God given and can only be denied by God himself. But if man’s origin is by chance, human right is a product of political arrangement and so can also be denied by similar arrangement. I for one do not want to place my rights in the hands of any man talk less of politician.
Re: 5 Reasons Why We Must Not Remove God From Human Governance by SOSPITAS(m): 10:25am On Nov 11, 2018
dionysus7:
lol firstly, you need to demonstrate that god exists, secondly, which god we should include and which we should exclude in human governance and state your reasons, then we compare to other arguments from believers of other gods and let them know why their gods are irrelevant but a certain one is. then we can proceed from there

I'm talking about religious freedom, i'm not endorsing an God or religion.
Re: 5 Reasons Why We Must Not Remove God From Human Governance by J2381: 10:26am On Nov 11, 2018
What manner of nonsense is this? I mean wasn't God present when many Jihardist and christian faithful murdered people in cold blood.

This thread is among the number of hogwash thread i've read this year on this site.

Nonsense.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why We Must Not Remove God From Human Governance by J2381: 10:27am On Nov 11, 2018
SOSPITAS:
[b][/b]

religious freedom in what regard?

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why We Must Not Remove God From Human Governance by SOSPITAS(m): 10:34am On Nov 11, 2018
chigalakingsley:
I thought OP was making sense at first. Any person of any religion doing good because of an afterlife isn't human enough to me.

Reward is what drives every endeavors of man of man, it is called the profit motive. Religion been just another endeavors has its own reward. for Christianity, it's the gift of eternal life.
Re: 5 Reasons Why We Must Not Remove God From Human Governance by tintingz(m): 10:46am On Nov 11, 2018
OpenYourEyes1:

As long as Atheism or Religion is no imposed on people just like Christian Nations who are usually Secular.
Which Christian nation era are you talking about that are secular?
Re: 5 Reasons Why We Must Not Remove God From Human Governance by Friend01(m): 10:50am On Nov 11, 2018
Josh2x:
Bunch of jagons undecided

Laws were never made cos of fear of god

Religion is the worst thing to ever happen to humanity

I usually tell insecure people like you that religion has never inherently be any problem to humanity, but people the people who choose to use it to manipulate others for their own personal gains.

My religion(Islaam) does not command me to be unjust, unruly or unreasonable to any one no matter their race colour or ethnic background, but it urges to show some level of bias albeit, objectively to my religion.
Those who claim religion is the worst thing to happen to humanity are themselves in a bigger mess and more incoherent when it comes to speaking the truth without being subjectively bias.
Re: 5 Reasons Why We Must Not Remove God From Human Governance by Benekruku(m): 10:50am On Nov 11, 2018
correctguy101:
This foreign gods seem to either be too lacking to contain the wolves governing Africa or they simply don't know us or care how we fare.

Remove them from governance and have our rulers swear with all their ancestors and gods and see the wolves turn to jelly. undecided

Dont mind them.

First fooishness that befell Africa was to believe a man if far away middle-east died for their sins in Africa

Outright stupidity!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Reasons Why We Must Not Remove God From Human Governance by Josh2x: 10:53am On Nov 11, 2018
Friend01:

I usually tell insecure people like you that religion has never inherently be any problem to humanity, but people the people who choose to use it to manipulate others for their own personal gains.

My religion(Islaam) does not command me to be unjust, unruly or unreasonable to any one no matter their race colour or ethnic background, but it urges to show some level of bias albeit, objectively to my religion.
Those who claim religion is the worst thing to happen to humanity are themselves in a bigger mess and more incoherent when it comes to speaking the truth without being subjectively bias.

Tell that to your northern fellows
Re: 5 Reasons Why We Must Not Remove God From Human Governance by correctguy101(m): 11:28am On Nov 11, 2018
Benekruku:

Dont mind them.

First fooishness that befell Africa was to believe a man if far away middle-east died for their sins in Africa

Outright stupidity!

Kendrick Saro Wiwa died for the betterment of his people and land and I'm yet to see anyone idolizing him.

Worst is these same people aren't aware there are two Jesus' that sprung from King David. One from Solomon and the other from Nathan. Or they choose to ignore that part of their holey book and follow their own imagined Jesus.
Re: 5 Reasons Why We Must Not Remove God From Human Governance by dionysus7: 12:16pm On Nov 11, 2018
SOSPITAS:
[b][/b]

sure there is religious freedom already...look at your topic, look at the reasons you listed. you're definitely not talking about religious freedom but why we should include god in human governance
Re: 5 Reasons Why We Must Not Remove God From Human Governance by dionysus7: 12:20pm On Nov 11, 2018
AkpaMgbor:

exactly, we should take full responsibility for our choice. that definitely is not from god, its our choice, so stop saying god gave us. it has absolutely nothing to do with god.
Re: 5 Reasons Why We Must Not Remove God From Human Governance by Friend01(m): 12:35pm On Nov 11, 2018
Infinityyyyy:

This God must be a tribal God then... He did this, did that...just in favour of the Israelites...hehe... This kind of God can never be useful to Africans... He loves the Jews and hates Africans...

Hmmm... how convenient blaming a being you don't believe in his existence.
If this is not stupidity I don't know what is.

God of the Europeans and the Jews and not God of Africa?
When Africans chose to be more individualistic and less collective in their approach to life what do you expect.

Your a case is like a student blaming the teacher for poor performance when he ought to have read and more focused on his weakness, but like an intellectual weakling he conveniently passes the buck to the teacher.

I have not really come us a reasonable atheist especially the ones from Africa the Western atheist is a little bit better though you are tied with the same rope.
Re: 5 Reasons Why We Must Not Remove God From Human Governance by Friend01(m): 12:39pm On Nov 11, 2018
Josh2x:

Tell that to your northern fellows

I am telling you so as to save you from your stupidity you are mistaking for intelligence.
Give me good reasons why religion is responsible for all your claims aside political reasons and how will tell you how not believing in God is worst.
Re: 5 Reasons Why We Must Not Remove God From Human Governance by engrjacuzzi: 12:42pm On Nov 11, 2018
*How did the Fight start❓:*
���

After Service on Sunday, a Wife saw Her Husband sitting quietly in d Church Garden. She got concerned and decided to ask Him.

Wife: Hey Darling, why are U sitting so quietly in d Garden? What is Bothering U?

Husband: I am thinking about d Confession of Our Pastor. It's making Me Uncomfortable.

Wife: What is it?
Husband: The Pastor confessed that He has Slept with all d Married Women and single Girls in d Church but ONLY one Woman didn't want to Sleep with Him because She Fears God.

Wife: It must be that Madam Comfort...She's always doing Holy Holy. ...........
NA THERE THE FIGHT START!
�����
Re: 5 Reasons Why We Must Not Remove God From Human Governance by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 12:56pm On Nov 11, 2018
God is Everywhere. Meanwhile for those on active sub on access and family package,check my last thread to get compact sports
Re: 5 Reasons Why We Must Not Remove God From Human Governance by Josh2x: 1:41pm On Nov 11, 2018
Friend01:

I am telling you so as to save you from your stupidity you are mistaking for intelligence.
Give me good reasons why religion is responsible for all your claims aside political reasons and how will tell you how not believing in God is worst.

So you couldn't make your point without calling me stupid.
This is one problem with religious people around social media.

Why don't you tell me one good thing believing in god has done for u
And u got it without your hustle
Re: 5 Reasons Why We Must Not Remove God From Human Governance by Purplekush(m): 2:27pm On Nov 11, 2018
Believing that a supreme being that dictates events and fate exist is the MAJOR PROBLEM Africa has.

Kindly listen to KOLOMENTALITY by Fela

Yahoo Plus and Ritual Killings exist because Africa believe in a being higher than them.

If you cancel religion. Everyone will use his or her head to work.

If you want to SCAM OYIBO you will use your brain and tools to find maga and format not your Brother's BLOOD!

NA WHY NOTHING DEY WORK FOR WE COUNTRY.

Everything na prayer.
Religion limits your creative faculty as a man.

The normal process of tackling a problem is to go around it with different approaches.

But not in Africa.... Here Once you can't get admission into school. You pray.

When a family member is sick we pray.
When business is bad we pray.
Even when POT HOLES are on our roads we pray.

God will see us tru.

When we should be thinking about a way around problems. RELIGION IS A WEAPON FOR MASS CONTROL.

It didn't work in the East during colonization so they DEMONIZED their culture.

It worked well for the North which explains their gullibility and ease of influence.

Religion especially Islam and Christianity is the HIGHEST SCAM!

Man is just scared if death. Which is inevitable. Religion offers you Eternity (lol) in exchange for your money.

And funny thing is they even had the balls to say your reward comes after you die!

I want ro ask you a question...
take a minute or 2 and think about this:

Would you lend me a 100,000 naira today and I'll pay you back when we see in Heaven or Paradise or wherever the hell you believe is your destination after you die? smiley

But in gold and with everlasting life?

If you won't then why give up on your life that you currently have for a promise of a reward that comes when you die?

LMAO . The format sounds so dumb yet it works like magic!

Na why when some boys pick heavy FUNDS online and don't want you to disturb them for money they'll quickly tell you it's Yahoo Plus.

And you, as mumu wey you be, will run and give Baba 150k plus human head to make you Hammer.

I'm seriously thinking about opening church. It's like too much money dey that industry

3 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why We Must Not Remove God From Human Governance by Infinityyyyy: 2:36pm On Nov 11, 2018
Friend01:

When Africans chose to be more individualistic and less collective in their approach to life what do you expect.

Your a case is like a student blaming the teacher for poor performance when he ought to have read and more focused on his weakness, but like an intellectual weakling he conveniently passes the buck to the teacher.

I have not really come us a reasonable atheist especially the ones from Africa the Western atheist is a little bit better though you are tied with the same rope.

Abeg park one side, so anyone who does not accept the Judeo christian Dog is now an atheist? The way some of you brainwashed blacks reason beats my imagination... Go read your bible very well, the christian dog is a tribal deity..so many verses in the bible claim he hates Africans... Africans have no need for foreign Religions and Gods. They were the tools used to put us in our current state of backwardness, fragmentation, confusion and hardship...

It is clear your shallowness of the mind made you not to grasp my comment. I didn't blame any being for Africa's predicament. All I am trying to get into your brainwashed head Is that Alien Gods have nothing to offer Africans. Aligning African governance with Foreign religion and Gods amounts to slavery, insanity and chronic inferiority complex.

If we need God in our governance, it must be an African God. How can Africans be kneeling and wailing to their slave masters God on daily basis and expect him to respond to them? Why would any sane African worship or subscribe to a God who don't give a f**k about Africans?
Re: 5 Reasons Why We Must Not Remove God From Human Governance by Purplekush(m): 2:41pm On Nov 11, 2018
Friend01:

I'm seriously fighting the urge to tell you to go how stupid that sounds.

First first... Prove that there is a God. Then we can now go to whether religion should be promoted or not.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why We Must Not Remove God From Human Governance by JeromeBlack: 2:50pm On Nov 11, 2018
Friend01:

Oga, your religion is even one of the worst religions known to man.

For example, can you marry 10 wives? No? But your role model and prophet had more than 10 wives!!

For example, one cannot use the Quran/Hadith to rule against slavery. One has to actually use secular law. Did you know that the last countries to eradicate slavery were muslim countries? Google is your friend!

For example, it is commanded in islam that women cannot marry non believers but muslim men are allowed to marry christians/Jews. That is classic misogyny

And this is a book/religion you want to use to govern a nation? Nonsense

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Jesus Died For Our Sins : The Road To Easter / One Major Thing That Can Stop Gods Blessings / The Queen Of Heaven

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.