Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,198 members, 7,811,523 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:42 PM

The Top 5 Most Populated Tribe In Nigeria? #DEBATE - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Top 5 Most Populated Tribe In Nigeria? #DEBATE (4400 Views)

Ondo state is more populated than imo ,zamfara,katsina On Satellite Pictures / Most Populated Cities In Nigeria 2022 / Southern Nigeria Is Far More Populated Than The North! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Top 5 Most Populated Tribe In Nigeria? #DEBATE by basilo101: 11:01am On Nov 12, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:
[/s]
It's obvious you are stuck in your own fallacy. Enjoy yasef
Ikwerre called demselves Igbo during election? Na who de give you this gist?

Odili became Governor due to the fact that the political structure of 1992 where he served as Deputy Governor was fused to become PDP and Ada George was less interested (like most of his peers)

Amaechi became Governor by virtue of Ikwerre being one of the majority group in Rivers and people saw it as premature for power to move to Riverine in 2007, having held power since 1967.

Wike became Governor thanks to Amaechi vs Jonathan feud and as compensation for his role as leader of the forces against Amaechi in 2015.

Both Amaechi and Wike know that their successors will be riverine, hence, Amaechi keep putting riveriner forward!

Majority Odili, Amaechi and Wike votes came from Riverine and need I tell you that Riverine has always been the beautiful bride in Rivers politics. Even when we haven't held Governorship since 1999, we keep holding Deputy Governor and Speaker of the House.

There is no Igbo factor in Rivers politics.

I'm out
You better be out. You are derailing the thread with your low life
Re: The Top 5 Most Populated Tribe In Nigeria? #DEBATE by basilo101: 11:10am On Nov 12, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:

The answer is simple... To allow equity and justice! This is no brainer! Odili, who was Governor between 1999 to 2007 is from a minority Ndoni, a tribe that even shares LGA with 2 others in ONELGA. Since 1999 Rivers state election was and has never been each tribe voting their own, Amaechi, has been trying to do this since 2015.

The riverine produce the HIGHEST voting population in every Rivers election since 1999 and even prior. This is no brainer
Lol. You love deluding yourself. The igbos in rivers are just using your brain
Re: The Top 5 Most Populated Tribe In Nigeria? #DEBATE by basilo101: 11:13am On Nov 12, 2018
wizzakosh:
Which igbo? Maybe you need to do your research
Igbos have dared Nigeria to include ethnicity in census but them no gree. Look at 1933 data here

1 Like

Re: The Top 5 Most Populated Tribe In Nigeria? #DEBATE by basilo101: 11:16am On Nov 12, 2018
abc115:
grin

You just sit down and put up ranking ,with not reference to historical facts and authority , no statistical basis...o boy you dull o
Lol. Yorubas love clinging to the geopolitical zones when ethnicity is being discussed.

1 Like

Re: The Top 5 Most Populated Tribe In Nigeria? #DEBATE by basilo101: 11:19am On Nov 12, 2018
oilPUSSY:

@ the bolded, I think disagree with you.
I watched channels 10 O'clock news three months ago or thereabout when Ogoni elders met Buhari at presidential Villa and they complained bitterly about the challenges they are facing in Rivers state..Environment degradation and rest of them.
They demanded a lot of funny things from Buhari, but the one that caught my attention was when one of the elders stood up and said and I quote "Please Mr President, Ogoni people have been subjected to a lot of suffering in Rivers state, we have been turned to political spectatorS in our motherland .We don't have voice in politics of Rivers state. Since 1999 we have not been allowed produced a governor. Mr President, this is not how a state should be governed. We want to produce our own number one citizen in order to feel belong in Rivers state political affairs".

After hearing the above speech, I started putting interest in Rivers state political affairs. If people don't really vote based on tribal differences in Rivers state , why would that Ogoni man make such tribalistic comment in Abuja?
Why would Ikwere people always remember that they are Igbos during electioneering period in order to get Igbo votes in Rivers State?
Why always playing tribal cards in Rivers state poltics if Rivers state is one ?
I used to have this perception of united Rivers state until I started reading the handwriting on the wall.
Even since Bayelsa was created Ikwerre and other igboids have been fooling the rest.

2 Likes

Re: The Top 5 Most Populated Tribe In Nigeria? #DEBATE by Dhugal: 11:24am On Nov 12, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:

Bayelsa is 100% Ijaw. That none indigenes are found in some communities as settlers doesn't change the fact. All communities and their monarchs are Ijaws!

Argue with Dr Goodluck Ebelemi Jonathan
Will you get off that nonsense you're smoking?
Which communities are settlers?
Go and dash them Ijaw monarchs na.
Aside those two I mentioned,there are two other Urhobo communities,their names escape me at the moment,right there in Bayelsa.
Go grab their land na.

1 Like

Re: The Top 5 Most Populated Tribe In Nigeria? #DEBATE by bantudra: 12:28pm On Nov 12, 2018
basilo101:

Yes. We understand how to do business instead. We do not breed poverty striken zombies to be used as political tools by the criminal political elites

then dont complain when others beat you in politics....

you dont care about politics,why complain...??
Re: The Top 5 Most Populated Tribe In Nigeria? #DEBATE by Nobody: 12:39pm On Nov 12, 2018
basilo101:

It may shock you to know that Hausas have never ruled this country. Since when has producing president become a yardstick to measure ethnic population? Why are afonjas into tribal politics. Or are you just pained that igbo was rated above yorubas

You don start abi?

I just asked a harmless question oo
Re: The Top 5 Most Populated Tribe In Nigeria? #DEBATE by velocity25(m): 1:26pm On Nov 12, 2018
Jboyossai:
For me being realistic it will go in this order:

1. Hausa

2. Igbo

3. Yoruba

4. Ijaw

5. Kanuri

what's your take?
No room for tribal entry!
op pls don't use the word "tribe" we are either nations or ethnic groups.Igbo is largest ethnic group because hausa ethnic group is gradually replace by Fulani ethnic group, which gives us Hausa-fulani

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Biafra: Wike We Rivers People Are Ready To Fish Out IPOB From Our State / Sit-at-home: Live Updates From Alaigbo / Kill Nnamdi Kanu Fast Ijelespeaks To Hold Another Protest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.