Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,188 members, 7,811,479 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:39 PM

The Top 5 Most Populated Tribe In Nigeria? #DEBATE - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Top 5 Most Populated Tribe In Nigeria? #DEBATE (4399 Views)

Ondo state is more populated than imo ,zamfara,katsina On Satellite Pictures / Most Populated Cities In Nigeria 2022 / Southern Nigeria Is Far More Populated Than The North! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Top 5 Most Populated Tribe In Nigeria? #DEBATE by TonyeBarcanista(m): 6:36pm On Nov 11, 2018
[s]
Caseless:
grin grin it's still based on that false assumptions. We need that true population figure that reflects what's on ground, but our leaders won't allow that because of the fear of the west.

We plan our economy and budget on an imaginary population figure , so you can see why the impact of our 'growing economy" in those days was not felt and it seemed we were in recession even when the growth was "7%".

The 1972 census dealt a blow to the igalas cos they refused to come out and be counted because they felt when they know your true numbers of those in a household, you'll pay more taxes. This is what led to that erroneous figure you have today.

It took gej become a president before people started accepting the figure you peddle for ijaw today. Apart from bayelsa , outside here, you don't have up to 5 monolithic LGs belonging to the ijaws . But they have the mouth, the media presence - you have to accept the figure they bandy around. Igala are really quiet on the national stage, hence the "no voice" status . Just wait until they have a president by luck(no one thought gej or ijaw could... lol) , you'd see how their number will be forced up.

I even heard ogbia people are not ijaw - so gej by implication is not ijaw . Bayelsa sef is not purely ijaw grin.

Minorities deserve better.
[/s]
Ignorance is a disease I swear!

Ijaw is the second largest ethnic group in Delta. The largest in Rivers state (Ijaw LGAs in Rivers is the Highest), Ijaw has substantial population in Ondo and Edo States. Bayelsa is 100% Ijaw (haters can go and die) and Ijaw has 2 LGAs in Akwa Ibom.

Ijaw has been 4th largest in Nigeria even before Jonathan's ascension!

Our current estimated population is 20-25 million (I'm being modest here).

Argue with Elrufai tongue

1 Like

Re: The Top 5 Most Populated Tribe In Nigeria? #DEBATE by Caseless: 6:46am On Nov 12, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:
[s][/s]

Ijaw is the second largest ethnic group in Delta. The largest in Rivers state (Ijaw LGAs in Rivers is the Highest), Ijaw has substantial population in Ondo and Edo States. Bayelsa is 100% Ijaw (haters can go and die) and Ijaw has 2 LGAs in Akwa Ibom.

grin grin grin grin

I don laugh tire. you funny die. see the mouth wey i say dem get pass other minorities abi? grin grin
Oga, the true ijaw speakers no pass 3 million. tongue tongue tongue you just de talk about the tribes under the izon umbrella.
Re: The Top 5 Most Populated Tribe In Nigeria? #DEBATE by Caseless: 6:52am On Nov 12, 2018
Tallesty1:
Oh yes I am, and I currently reside in a northern state.

Thing is this, down south, it is believed that Hausa is the largest tribe in Nigeria but truth is that it appears so because they all speak Hausa.

There are so many tribes up here that some of you may have never heard of, and they will stone you if call them Hausa.
do u kno how many african countries hausa dey?

even for isreal wey ibo comot from, dem no de speak ibo for there. na for only naija ibo dey undecided
Re: The Top 5 Most Populated Tribe In Nigeria? #DEBATE by TonyeBarcanista(m): 7:13am On Nov 12, 2018
Caseless:
grin grin grin grin

I don laugh tire. you funny die. see the mouth wey i say dem get pass other minorities abi? grin grin
Oga, the true ijaw speakers no pass 3 million. tongue tongue tongue you just de talk about the tribes under the izon umbrella.
There is nothing like Ijaw Speakers in Ijaw nation. And which one is Izon Umbrella? Guy you are ignorant biko, just stick to what you know and stop embarrassing yourself.

1 Like

Re: The Top 5 Most Populated Tribe In Nigeria? #DEBATE by oilPUSSY(f): 7:55am On Nov 12, 2018
mightyhazell:
igbo shd be number1

imagine,even after losing over 3million in the war (which is about 18million in todays ratio)...yet,hardly any town,city,village and hamlet in the whole africa,nay the world u wont see igbos in their numbers...
We are still number one, the problem is that our people have refused to participate in census. Don't also forget that many igbos are in diaspora due to our travelling nature.
So the three million death has no impact because not only Igbos were the victims. Some SS minorities were also part of the victims of war.

If there could be proper and unbiased census in Nigeria, you will be shocked at the population of Igbos.

1 Like

Re: The Top 5 Most Populated Tribe In Nigeria? #DEBATE by oilPUSSY(f): 8:02am On Nov 12, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:
[s][/s]

Ijaw might be the 4th largest ethnic group in Nigeria, but what surprises me is the bolded. How come no Ijaw man has being the governor of Rivers state since inception of democracy despite being the largest in Rivers state as you said?
Re: The Top 5 Most Populated Tribe In Nigeria? #DEBATE by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:14am On Nov 12, 2018
oilPUSSY:

Ijaw might be the 4th largest ethnic group in Nigeria, but what surprises me is the bolded. How come no Ijaw man has being the governor of Rivers state since inception of democracy despite being the largest in Rivers state as you said?
The answer is simple... To allow equity and justice! This is no brainer! Odili, who was Governor between 1999 to 2007 is from a minority Ndoni, a tribe that even shares LGA with 2 others in ONELGA. Since 1999 Rivers state election was and has never been each tribe voting their own, Amaechi, has been trying to do this since 2015.

The riverine produce the HIGHEST voting population in every Rivers election since 1999 and even prior. This is no brainer

1 Like

Re: The Top 5 Most Populated Tribe In Nigeria? #DEBATE by Nobody: 8:29am On Nov 12, 2018
Jboyossai:

but you all agree that the Igbos has more population than the Yorubas?
Which igbo? Maybe you need to do your research

2 Likes

Re: The Top 5 Most Populated Tribe In Nigeria? #DEBATE by mightyhazell: 8:34am On Nov 12, 2018
oilPUSSY:

We are still number one, the problem is that our people have refused to participate in census. Don't also forget that many igbos are in diaspora due to our travelling nature.
So the three million death has no impact because not only Igbos were the victims. Some SS minorities were also part of the victims of war.

If there could be proper and unbiased census in Nigeria, you will be shocked at the population of Igbos.
very correct,...otu mmanu mmanu

2 Likes

Re: The Top 5 Most Populated Tribe In Nigeria? #DEBATE by abc115: 8:40am On Nov 12, 2018
grin

You just sit down and put up ranking ,with not reference to historical facts and authority , no statistical basis...o boy you dull o

Re: The Top 5 Most Populated Tribe In Nigeria? #DEBATE by oilPUSSY(f): 8:43am On Nov 12, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:

The answer is simple... To allow equity and justice! This is no brainer! Odili, who was Governor between 1999 to 2007 is from a minority Ndoni, a tribe that even shares LGA with 2 others in ONELGA. Since 1999 Rivers state election was and has never been each tribe voting their own Amaechi, has been trying to do this since 2015.

The riverine produce the HIGHEST voting population in every Rivers election since 1999 and even prior. This is no brainer
@ the bolded, I think disagree with you.
I watched channels 10 O'clock news three months ago or thereabout when Ogoni elders met Buhari at presidential Villa and they complained bitterly about the challenges they are facing in Rivers state..Environment degradation and rest of them.
They demanded a lot of funny things from Buhari, but the one that caught my attention was when one of the elders stood up and said and I quote "Please Mr President, Ogoni people have been subjected to a lot of suffering in Rivers state, we have been turned to political spectatorS in our motherland .We don't have voice in politics of Rivers state. Since 1999 we have not been allowed produced a governor. Mr President, this is not how a state should be governed. We want to produce our own number one citizen in order to feel belong in Rivers state political affairs".

After hearing the above speech, I started putting interest in Rivers state political affairs. If people don't really vote based on tribal differences in Rivers state , why would that Ogoni man make such tribalistic comment in Abuja?
Why would Ikwere people always remember that they are Igbos during electioneering period in order to get Igbo votes in Rivers State?
Why always playing tribal cards in Rivers state poltics if Rivers state is one ?
I used to have this perception of united Rivers state until I started reading the handwriting on the wall.
Re: The Top 5 Most Populated Tribe In Nigeria? #DEBATE by abc115: 8:53am On Nov 12, 2018
[[s]quote author=Jboyossai post=72871357] For me being realistic it will go in this order:

1. Hausa

2. Igbo

3. Yoruba

4. Ijaw

5. Kanuri

what's your take?
No room for tribal entry![/quote][/s]

1. Hausa Fulani
2. Yoruba
3.Igbo
4. Any minority tribe

Re: The Top 5 Most Populated Tribe In Nigeria? #DEBATE by Dhugal: 9:06am On Nov 12, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:
[s][/s]

Bayelsa 100% Ijaw?
Really?
When did Osekwenike and Abuetor become Ijaw?
Most laughable,Ijaw a 'majority' in Rivers and Delta states.
Dude,go take your drugs.
Ijaw is nowhere near the 4th,in terms of population,in Nigeria.
Re: The Top 5 Most Populated Tribe In Nigeria? #DEBATE by Dhugal: 9:07am On Nov 12, 2018
Caseless:

even for isreal wey ibo comot from, dem no de speak ibo for there. na for only naija ibo dey undecided
You're wrong
Re: The Top 5 Most Populated Tribe In Nigeria? #DEBATE by Caseless: 9:07am On Nov 12, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:
There is nothing like Ijaw Speakers in Ijaw nation. And which one is Izon Umbrella? Guy you are ignorant biko, just stick to what you know and stop embarrassing yourself.
bayelsa is less than a million in population, the whole of rivers state is not up to 5 million or more than, ijaw are the 3rd largest tribe in delta state, you have 2 LGs in akwa ibom(probably with population of less than 300k combined) , you have a community in Edo and ondo, but you said your people are 25-30 million( that's you being modest) and you think I'm ignorant? Tonye whatever brand of sapele water you prefer, I know you can't spin this.

Ijaw people have the highest infertility rate in the country.

Argue with wike!
Re: The Top 5 Most Populated Tribe In Nigeria? #DEBATE by Caseless: 9:16am On Nov 12, 2018
Dhugal:

Bayelsa 100% Ijaw?
Really?
Dude,go take your drugs.
I don laugh tire at his vague assertion.

Yenagoa sef no be ijaw people get am. Ogbia is not ijaw.

They can only boast of at most , communities, in some places they claim to be in the majority. Dem fit look urhobo and itsekiri eyes for delta state? You wonder why gej armed the likes of Tompolo against their deltan hosts so they could have a hold on the state. Going by his assertion, you even have more ijaw in delta than delta ibo.

Rivers wey ikwere don pocket, na dere him de claim majority.

The guy don't know what I know.
Re: The Top 5 Most Populated Tribe In Nigeria? #DEBATE by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:19am On Nov 12, 2018
Caseless:
[s]bayelsa is less than a million in population, the whole of rivers state is not up to 5 million or more than, ijaw are the 3rd largest tribe in delta state, you have 2 LGs in akwa ibom(probably with population of less than 300k combined) , you have a community in Edo and ondo, but you said your people are 25-30 million( that's you being modest) and you think I'm ignorant? Tonye whatever brand of sapele you prefer, I know you can't spin this.

Ijaw people have the highest infertility rate in the country.

Argue with wike!
[/s]
It's obvious you are stuck in your own fallacy. Enjoy yasef
oilPUSSY:

@ the bolded, I think disagree with you.
I watched channels 10 O'clock news three months ago or thereabout when Ogoni elders met Buhari at presidential Villa and they complained bitterly about the challenges they are facing in Rivers state..Environment degradation and rest of them.
They demanded a lot of funny things from Buhari, but the one that caught my attention was when one of the elders stood up and said and I quote "Please Mr President, Ogoni people have been subjected to a lot of suffering in Rivers state, we have been turned to political spectatorS in our motherland .We don't have voice in politics of Rivers state. Since 1999 we have not been allowed produced a governor. Mr President, this is not how a state should be governed. We want to produce our own number one citizen in order to feel belong in Rivers state political affairs".

After hearing the above speech, I started putting interest in Rivers state political affairs. If people don't really vote based on tribal differences in Rivers state , why would that Ogoni man make such tribalistic comment in Abuja?
Why would Ikwere people always remember that they are Igbos during electioneering period in order to get Igbo votes in Rivers State?
Why always playing tribal cards in Rivers state poltics if Rivers state is one ?
I used to have this perception of united Rivers state until I started reading the handwriting on the wall.
Ikwerre called demselves Igbo during election? Na who de give you this gist?

Odili became Governor due to the fact that the political structure of 1992 where he served as Deputy Governor was fused to become PDP and Ada George was less interested (like most of his peers)

Amaechi became Governor by virtue of Ikwerre being one of the majority group in Rivers and people saw it as premature for power to move to Riverine in 2007, having held power since 1967.

Wike became Governor thanks to Amaechi vs Jonathan feud and as compensation for his role as leader of the forces against Amaechi in 2015.

Both Amaechi and Wike know that their successors will be riverine, hence, Amaechi keep putting riveriner forward!

Majority Odili, Amaechi and Wike votes came from Riverine and need I tell you that Riverine has always been the beautiful bride in Rivers politics. Even when we haven't held Governorship since 1999, we keep holding Deputy Governor and Speaker of the House.

There is no Igbo factor in Rivers politics.

I'm out

1 Like

Re: The Top 5 Most Populated Tribe In Nigeria? #DEBATE by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:21am On Nov 12, 2018
Dhugal:

Bayelsa 100% Ijaw?
Really?
Dude,go take your drugs.
Bayelsa is 100% Ijaw. That none indigenes are found in some communities as settlers doesn't change the fact. All communities and their monarchs are Ijaws!

Argue with Dr Goodluck Ebelemi Jonathan

1 Like

Re: The Top 5 Most Populated Tribe In Nigeria? #DEBATE by Caseless: 9:30am On Nov 12, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:
[/s]

Odili became Governor due to the fact that the political structure of 1992 where he served as Deputy Governor was fused to become PDP and Ada George was less interested (like most of his peers)

Amaechi became Governor by virtue of Ikwerre being one of the majority group in Rivers and people saw it as premature for power to move to Riverine in 2007, having held power since 1967.

Wike became Governor thanks to Amaechi vs Jonathan feud and as compensation for his role as leader of the forces against Amaechi in 2015.

Both Amaechi and Wike know that their successors will be riverine, hence, Amaechi keep putting riveriner forward!

Majority Odili, Amaechi and Wike votes came from Riverine and need I tell you that Riverine has always been the beautiful bride in Rivers politics. Even when we haven't held Governorship since 1999, we keep holding Deputy Governor and Speaker of the House.

I'm out
you play the second fiddle!

If the speakership has been ceded to riverine since '99 , the one Amaechi enjoyed under Odili is for which area? I guess that was for the "landed riverine or landlocked" area.
Re: The Top 5 Most Populated Tribe In Nigeria? #DEBATE by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:45am On Nov 12, 2018
Caseless:
you play the second fiddle!

If the speakership has been ceded to riverine since '99 , the one Amaechi enjoyed under Odili is for which area? I guess that was for the "landed riverine or landlocked" area.
Oh that Amaechi speakership was an exception! Anybody can be Governor in Rivers, whether you are of minority or majority tribe. Odili's tribe is one of the smallest (if not smallest) yet he served for 8 years. Ogoni tribe that is larger than Ndoni is yet to even produce a Deputy Governor or Speaker, meanwhile, little Ndoni has produced Deputy Governor and Governor.

Rivers is not like other states. I am Riverine but I am supporting Wike against Tonye Cole like many Riverine.

Make you learn and stop basing on your own delusion!
Re: The Top 5 Most Populated Tribe In Nigeria? #DEBATE by sageb: 9:48am On Nov 12, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:
[/s]

I'm out
lucidly said@tonye. It should be noted@ oilp... that the first military governor of rivers state is an ijaw man HRM Diete Spiff. The first and second civilian governor of rivers state are both ijaws - Melford Okilo and Ada George. What would you say about that
Re: The Top 5 Most Populated Tribe In Nigeria? #DEBATE by Nobody: 9:51am On Nov 12, 2018
basilo101:
Igbo remain the largest ethnic group. Igbo is larger than hausa but hausa always merge with other tribes in the north especially the fulani.

Edited: This 1933 document says that Hausa is largest even when Fulani is seperated followed by igbo. Meanwhile Igala is nowhere here

If igbo is the most populous, why don't you use that population to clinch the ever elusive Presidential spot?

Don't you need the Presidency?
Re: The Top 5 Most Populated Tribe In Nigeria? #DEBATE by Lajet: 9:51am On Nov 12, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:
[s][/s]

I thought the have banned Tramadol and codeine in nigeria? You mean that Ijaw is 20-25 million this man something is wrong with you. You mean that Ijaw is the second largest ethnic group in Delta and the largest in river state

Let me correct you Ijaw is not second largest ethnic group in Delta state but fourth after Igbo,Urhobo,Itsekiri
Ijaw is not the largest ethnic group in Rivers but second after Igboid Group
Their is no Ijaw in Akwa Ibom state
Ijaw in Ondo and Edo state are not up to 30,000 people in Population
Ijaw Population in Bayelsa is not more than 1.2 Million in Population
Ijaw population in Delta state is not more than 500,00 population

So where did you get the figure of 20-25 million it seem like you smoke weed this morning
Re: The Top 5 Most Populated Tribe In Nigeria? #DEBATE by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:53am On Nov 12, 2018
sageb:
lucidly said@tonye. It should be noted@ oilp... that the first military governor of rivers state is an ijaw man HRM Diete Spiff. The first and second civilian governor of rivers state are both ijaws - Melford Okilo and Ada George. What would you say about that
Most of them don't know the demographic spread of Rivers state but only acting on ignorance. Even one was saying the whole Bayelsa is less than 1million population... Ignorance is a disease sha

1 Like

Re: The Top 5 Most Populated Tribe In Nigeria? #DEBATE by nwadiuko1(m): 9:55am On Nov 12, 2018
so who all the population help?
Re: The Top 5 Most Populated Tribe In Nigeria? #DEBATE by TonyeBarcanista(m): 10:01am On Nov 12, 2018
nwadiuko1:
so who all the population help?
Walai e no epp anybody except politicians due to the advantage it brings to the table in the sharing of resources
Re: The Top 5 Most Populated Tribe In Nigeria? #DEBATE by oilPUSSY(f): 10:10am On Nov 12, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:
[/s]

I'm out
You are not sincere to yourself .... Bye...
Re: The Top 5 Most Populated Tribe In Nigeria? #DEBATE by bantudra: 10:17am On Nov 12, 2018
Jboyossai:

but you all agree that the Igbos has more population than the Yorubas?

igbos are hard to know exactly....they are everywhere....you cant imagine places you could find igbos in this world.....

and dont forget,they mix alot....
Re: The Top 5 Most Populated Tribe In Nigeria? #DEBATE by bantudra: 10:19am On Nov 12, 2018
resurgent4oodua:

If igbo is the most populous, why don't you use that population to clinch the ever elusive Presidential spot?

they dont understand how to play politics....thats their biggest problem....
Re: The Top 5 Most Populated Tribe In Nigeria? #DEBATE by basilo101: 10:49am On Nov 12, 2018
Caseless:

We are talking about hausas in Nigeria only
Re: The Top 5 Most Populated Tribe In Nigeria? #DEBATE by basilo101: 10:53am On Nov 12, 2018
resurgent4oodua:

It may shock you to know that Hausas have never ruled this country. Since when has producing president become a yardstick to measure ethnic population? Why are afonjas into tribal politics. Or are you just pained that igbo was rated above yorubas

1 Like

Re: The Top 5 Most Populated Tribe In Nigeria? #DEBATE by basilo101: 10:56am On Nov 12, 2018
bantudra:

they dont understand how to play politics....thats their biggest problem....
Yes. We understand how to do business instead. We do not breed poverty striken zombies to be used as political tools by the criminal political elites

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

A Rare Photo Of Buhari BMC Crew Having A Nice Time in Aso Rock Villa (Pics) / Osun Election Prophecies: What Happened To Primate Ayodele? / President Biden Lands In The UK To Get Fuel (imagine The Security)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 136
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.