Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,130 members, 7,821,870 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:34 PM

Nigerian 419 Pastor Busted. O ga o!! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian 419 Pastor Busted. O ga o!! (3035 Views)

Is Donald Trump Pulling A Nigerian 419 Scam? - James Altucher / See what GEJ supporter wrote about Buharia . Oma ga o! / Thai Police Arrest Nigerian 419 Scam Kingpin Who Teaches Thai Kids How 2 Do 419 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian 419 Pastor Busted. O ga o!! by Nobody: 6:54pm On Jul 22, 2010
[size=18pt]Nigerian 419 Pastor Busted [/size]

A Nigerian pastor, Monday Tufe Kpanoko, has been arrested by personnel of the Vetting and Crime Analyses (VCA) Unit of the Ghana Police Service for fraud.

The 43-year-old self-styled apostle, who is a member of the Evangelistic Vine Ministry at Nungua, Accra, was arrested on July 20, 2010 for dubbing documents on the internet containing some exploration works of Newmont Gold Ghana Limited and using it to defraud a Canadian investor.

According to the Director of VCA, Superintendent Denis Ako-Dem Abade, Kpanoko posed as a Ghanaian businessman who had a gold concession at Nyafoman in the Eastern Region for sale.

Using the name Michael Frimpong, he managed to contact one Canadian investor via the internet to buy the concession at the cost of $10 million.

The man had also successfully obtained a Ghanaian passport with the name Felix Azuma and traveled severally outside the country with it.

The Director said his outfit had been monitoring the suspect after receiving complaints from the company that one Michael Frimpong was in possession of their exploration works and using the information to lure foreign investors into the country.

Kpanoko aka Frimpong is said to have convinced his victim that he had gold concession worth $10 million and was scouting for prospective clients.

Unfortunately for Kpanoko, his unsuspecting victim in Canada contacted a compatriot, who is a local employee of Newmont Gold Ghana, over his intention to buy the said concession of the company.

It was at this point that the victim, who had then sent some $500, upon Frimpong’s request to cater for some miscellaneous expenses, realized he was dealing with a fraudster.

He then liaised with his friend in Ghana to carry on with all further arrangements with the intention of getting the police to arrest Frimpong.

A meeting was arranged between the two at East Legon for further discussions on the investment, where the victim was also to pay a commitment fee of $200,000.00 (two hundred thousand dollars).

The police, who had then mounted surveillance in the area, popped up and arrested suspect Kpanoko.

During interrogation, Kpanoko admitted to the offence and indicated that he forged the documents to lure the investor into the country to invest.

The police boss said ongoing investigations had revealed that Kpanoko had contacted several other foreigners and duped them through similar means.

A search in his house revealed a Ghanaian passport and a visa electron card bearing the name Felix Azuma, as well as Western Union Money Transfer receipts indicating various sums of money he had collected from unsuspecting victims abroad.

He would soon be arraigned when the police complete their investigations.

http://news.peacefmonline.com/social/201007/61839.php

Re: Nigerian 419 Pastor Busted. O ga o!! by Nobody: 7:01pm On Jul 22, 2010
Shameless. . . . it's like the pastors are competing with the common criminals.

Aint this the 5th pastor just this month alone?
Re: Nigerian 419 Pastor Busted. O ga o!! by asha80(m): 7:02pm On Jul 22, 2010
We must make money by all means possible grin
Re: Nigerian 419 Pastor Busted. O ga o!! by Nobody: 7:05pm On Jul 22, 2010
asha 80:

We must make money by all means possible grin

That's prolly their sermon on sunday mornings grin
Re: Nigerian 419 Pastor Busted. O ga o!! by TewMuch: 7:08pm On Jul 22, 2010
When other pastor's are buying private jet, what do you expect common pastors to do? They have a target, and have just realised that the sky is their stepping stone when you become a pastor. Any which way to join the big boys. grin. Going to scam Ghanians, thats why they keep returning them by the plane loads. They should please leave them there. What kind of Nigerian name is kpanoko sef? . Are they sure this is the true, true name?
Re: Nigerian 419 Pastor Busted. O ga o!! by Nobody: 7:15pm On Jul 22, 2010
^^^ ROTFLMAO!! You have killed me o grin grin grin grin

TewMuch:

What kind of Nigerian name is kpanoko sef? . Are they sure this is the true, true name?

I think kpanako is either Igbo or Edo name.
Re: Nigerian 419 Pastor Busted. O ga o!! by adconline(m): 7:29pm On Jul 22, 2010
kpanako is either Igbo or Edo name.
Must you associate every crime with every tribe? How did you reach that conclusion that it's igbo or edo? You should have been good at recognising tribal names, instead you chose to graduate from Sarah Palin's School of Geography where the study of geography is treated as quantum physics and ranked above rocket science. Go do your research. Enough of speculation!!!
Re: Nigerian 419 Pastor Busted. O ga o!! by Nobody: 7:30pm On Jul 22, 2010
adconline:

Must you associate every crime with every tribe? How did you reach that conclusion that it's igbo or edo? You should have been good at recognising tribal names, instead you chose to graduate from Sarah Palin's School of Geography where the study of geography is treated as quantum physics and ranked above rocket science. Go do your research. Enough of speculation!!!
grin grin grin grin ROTFL!!

Ok, it must be a Tiv or Ijaw name
Re: Nigerian 419 Pastor Busted. O ga o!! by snowdrops(m): 7:35pm On Jul 22, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

grin grin grin grin ROTFL!!

Ok, it must be a Tiv or Ijaw name
Its not funny. just leave tribe out of this.

@ poster

if really he is guilty as accused this is no pastor. he is just a criminal and should be addressed as such.
Re: Nigerian 419 Pastor Busted. O ga o!! by Nobody: 7:36pm On Jul 22, 2010
snowdrops:

@ poster

if really he is guilty as accused this is no pastor. he is just a criminal and should be addressed as such.
Hello!

Somebody asked about the Pastors name and I'm merely suggesting the group he belongs to to explain the name.

Anywaz. . . moving on undecided
Re: Nigerian 419 Pastor Busted. O ga o!! by TewMuch: 7:39pm On Jul 22, 2010
snowdrops:

@ poster

Nothing wrong in what she said. She said either Edo or Igbo. If she was ignorant in her statement, then you correct her and tell her which kind of tribe has such name. I think it is either edo or urhobo or an ND tribe if thats his real name. They like to put k before p. Yoruba will say Pele, they will spell it Kpele. So anyone that can validate that this is a Nigerian and not a Cameroonian please come to our aid. We are tired of this disgrace left and right. grin
Re: Nigerian 419 Pastor Busted. O ga o!! by snowdrops(m): 7:42pm On Jul 22, 2010
TewMuch:

Nothing wrong in what she said. She said either Edo or Igbo. If she was ignorant in her statement, then you correct her and tell her which kind of tribe has such name. I think it is either edo or urhobo or an ND tribe if thats his real name. They like to put k before p. Yoruba will say Pele, they will spell it Kpele. So anyone that can validate that this is a Nigerian and not a Cameroonian please come to our aid. We are tired of this disgrace left and right. grin
there is everything wrong in what she did.

she is being sly and mischevious. she is no new to NL and knows how sensitive the issue of tribe is. she is well aware that insinuating that a criminal pastor belongs to a certain ethnic group can trigger a vicious debate which will eventually derail the thread, such trouble makers like her are simply annoying.
Re: Nigerian 419 Pastor Busted. O ga o!! by adconline(m): 7:46pm On Jul 22, 2010
Nothing wrong in what she said. She said either Edo or Igbo. If she was ignorant in her statement, then you correct her and tell her which kind of tribe has such name. I think it is either edo or urhobo or an ND tribe if thats his real name. They like to put k before p. Yoruba will say Pele, they will spell it Kpele. So anyone that can validate that this is a Nigerian and not a Cameroonian please come to our aid. We are tired of this disgrace left and right.
His tribe would make a difference if Ghanaians would not consider his nationality. In this regard, nationality takes precedence over his tribe. If he were caught in Naija, not likely though, he would be tried under Naija law. So the poster wanted to post a comment that would trigger a tribal e-war
Re: Nigerian 419 Pastor Busted. O ga o!! by bkbabe90(m): 8:05pm On Jul 22, 2010
snowdrops:

there is everything wrong in what she did.

she is being sly and mischevious.

Oh, thats her calling card; subliminal disses! She always tries to coat it in innocence when, in truth, she knows she's insulting u! Unlike some of us who come out swinging and diss our opponents directly, Ezeuche's stalker thinks she can diss u "on the low" and get away with it!!!
Re: Nigerian 419 Pastor Busted. O ga o!! by philip0906(m): 8:20pm On Jul 22, 2010
Re: Nigerian 419 Pastor Busted. Atleast God Will Forgive Me For Not Going To Church
Posted by: Ileke-IdI
Insert Quote
Quote from: asha 80 on Today at 07:02:47 PM
We must make money by all means possible

That's prolly their sermon on sunday mornings

Posted by: Ileke-IdI 
Insert Quote
Shameless. . . . it's like the pastors are competing with the common criminals.

Aint this the 5th pastor just this month alone?

MAY GOD 4GIVE U. . .  embarassed embarassed
Re: Nigerian 419 Pastor Busted. O ga o!! by Cohomology: 8:22pm On Jul 22, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

^^^ ROTFLMAO!! You have killed me o grin grin grin grin

I think kpanako is either Igbo or Edo name.

adconline:

Of all the Nigerian ethnic groups, the Yorubas seem to show the most ignorance of other ethnic groups, even in simple tasks as name association. This characteristic is even more glaring for so-called minority ethnic groups, whereby every non-Yoruba non-Arabic name is likely to be Igbo.

For example, to the average Yoruba, the names "Isioma" and "Isimeme" are Igbo names; "Mabiaku" and "Maduka" must both be Igbo too.

This consistent show of ignorance among many Yorubas may likely be due to poor integration with other ethnic groups. Their inertia to travel to regions outside the southwest of Nigeria may be one reason for this.

It may also be an instance of the classic chicken and egg problem. Is the poor integration with non-Yorubas the cause of the ignorance of other cultures or a consequence of this pervasive lack of knowledge of all things non-Yoruba?

Any ideas?
Re: Nigerian 419 Pastor Busted. O ga o!! by bkbabe90(m): 8:34pm On Jul 22, 2010
Cohomology:

For example, to the average Yoruba, the names "Isioma" and "Isimeme" are Igbo names; "Mabiaku" and "Maduka" must both be Igbo too.

Sorry to bust your bubble, duke, but according to the Ibo website below (see link) the names u put up there ARE ALL IBO NAMES!! Looks to me like u just shot urself in the head!

http://culture.chiamaka.com/IgboNames/igbonamesi.htm
Re: Nigerian 419 Pastor Busted. O ga o!! by deliceshop(m): 8:41pm On Jul 22, 2010
This was new to me too

back this year while I was home I was have gist with my daddy and he told me a funny joke he said did you know before a pastor will say in JESUS name for you there are fees that you have paid already I was like why did ppl need a pastor to pray for them

Its not even compusory to go to church on sunday if this is there way of life I choose to believe in My God alone

But in Nigeria wonder shall never end.
Re: Nigerian 419 Pastor Busted. O ga o!! by philip0906(m): 8:45pm On Jul 22, 2010
Posted by: deliceshop
Insert Quote
This was new to me too

back this year while I was home I was have gist with my daddy and he told me a funny joke he said did you know before a pastor will say in JESUS name for you there are fees that you have paid already I was like why did ppl need a pastor to pray for them

Its not even compusory to go to church on sunday if this is there way of life I choose to believe in My God alone

But in Nigeria wonder shall never end.
undecided undecided undecided
Re: Nigerian 419 Pastor Busted. O ga o!! by Nobody: 8:48pm On Jul 22, 2010
this pastor na international thief thief. . . i wont expect much since most of them are worse off than armed robbers, grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian 419 Pastor Busted. O ga o!! by Fhemmmy: 9:11pm On Jul 22, 2010
God will surely judge
Re: Nigerian 419 Pastor Busted. O ga o!! by Cohomology: 9:12pm On Jul 22, 2010
bk/babe90:

Sorry to bust your bubble, duke, but according to the Ibo website below (see link) the names u put up there ARE ALL IBO NAMES!! Looks to me like u just shot urself in the head!

http://culture.chiamaka.com/IgboNames/igbonamesi.htm

Classic id.iot, the link does not state "Isimeme" as an Igbo name. Anuofia madu. Fake a.s.s trick!

Beside the obvious fact that you're a f.o.o.l, you're not even Nigerian, and your attempt to claim Nigerian because your mother is whoring herself away with some Yoruba dude in New York does not make you a Nigerian, mkay?
Re: Nigerian 419 Pastor Busted. O ga o!! by bkbabe90(m): 9:15pm On Jul 22, 2010
Cohomology:

Classic id.iot, the link does not state "Isimeme" as an Igbo name. Anuofia madu. Fake a.s.s trick!

Typical Ibo monkey! So, one out of ur four "non-Ibo" names makes u credible? lol. Talk about the other three!lol. Lying Ibo!
Re: Nigerian 419 Pastor Busted. O ga o!! by bkbabe90(m): 9:19pm On Jul 22, 2010
Cohomology:

Classic id.iot,why did u try to expose my lies?  I posted a false link of fake Ibo names. . . . big deal. Anuofia madu. Fake a.s.s trick!

Besides the obvious fact that I and the rest of my family are  f.o.o.ls (and I'm not even Nigerian but Biafran) and besides the fact that most Biafrans got the brains of fleas,  my attempt to claim Nigerian because my mother is whoring herself away to about 9 Yoruba dudes in New York does not make you better than me, okay?

Damn, chill son! Dont go hard on urself like that!
Re: Nigerian 419 Pastor Busted. O ga o!! by Acidosis(m): 9:44pm On Jul 22, 2010
By their fruit, we shall know them
Re: Nigerian 419 Pastor Busted. O ga o!! by Nobody: 10:54pm On Jul 22, 2010
Cohomology:

Of all the Nigerian ethnic groups, the Yorubas seem to show the most ignorance of other ethnic groups, even in simple tasks as name association. This characteristic is even more glaring for so-called minority ethnic groups, whereby every non-Yoruba non-Arabic name is likely to be Igbo.

This consistent show of ignorance among many Yorubas may likely be due to poor integration with other ethnic groups. Their inertia to travel to regions outside the southwest of Nigeria may be one reason for this.

It may also be an instance of the classic chicken and egg problem. Is the poor integration with non-Yorubas the cause of the ignorance of other cultures or a consequence of this pervasive lack of knowledge of all things non-Yoruba?

Any ideas?

Oh my!! shocked shocked shocked shocked

LOL this dude again. You're simply causing a fire in a forest. . . . be careful. . . .
Re: Nigerian 419 Pastor Busted. O ga o!! by Nobody: 10:57pm On Jul 22, 2010
TewMuch:

Are you mining them? I know that name couldnt simply be a Yoruba one, so I cant mention the two next tribe I'm familiar with?

NL tribalists, plz get off my case wink
Re: Nigerian 419 Pastor Busted. O ga o!! by bkbabe90(m): 10:59pm On Jul 22, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

Oh my!! shocked shocked shocked shocked

LOL this dude again. You're simply causing a fire in a forest. . . . be careful. . . .

Ur advise came a tad bit too late. He's already dreanched in blood. . . his own!
Re: Nigerian 419 Pastor Busted. O ga o!! by AloyEmeka8: 11:01pm On Jul 22, 2010
Once again, they have forgotten his sins just to discover and stress on his tribe. undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Nigerian 419 Pastor Busted. O ga o!! by chiogo(f): 11:04pm On Jul 22, 2010
Hmmm.
Re: Nigerian 419 Pastor Busted. O ga o!! by Nobody: 11:07pm On Jul 22, 2010
Aloy_Emeka:

Once again, they have forgotten his sins just to discover and stress on his tribe. undecided undecided undecided undecided
The thing tire me undecided undecided undecided
Re: Nigerian 419 Pastor Busted. O ga o!! by Becomrich0: 11:55pm On Jul 22, 2010
May God help us. It is a sad sorry.

(1) (2) (Reply)

A Bloody Revolution Needed In Nigeria / Enugu State Governor Impregnates First Lady’s Younger Sister / Clarion Call To Legalise Marijuana And Cannabis In Nigeria - Ymodulus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.