Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,739 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:44 PM

Will N20 Million Be Enough To Build This Plan Out In The Eastern Part Of Nigeria - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Will N20 Million Be Enough To Build This Plan Out In The Eastern Part Of Nigeria (1634 Views)

Please I Need Critics For This Plan / Would 3.5 Million Be Enough To Raise A 2 Rooms Apartment? / Genuine Lands At The Eastern Part Of Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will N20 Million Be Enough To Build This Plan Out In The Eastern Part Of Nigeria by princekool4ya(m): 1:19am On Nov 12, 2018
I just finished drawing a plan of my potential house that I am looking to construct on 2 plots of land measuring 120 ft X 120 ft. I am looking to build the ground and 1st floor level on a 60ft X 60ft square space and then the 2nd floor will be a little more than 60ft X 30ft, with an open rooftop deck on that 2nd floor. I also will be building a garage with gym/game room on top of the garage (see pix of plan), a security guard house, a boy's quarter house, generator/yard equipment storage house and finally a separate detached ground level roof covered porch for parties/entertainment (see pix of plan). My interior will have a castle look to it with much pillars and design you'll see in a castle. Will I be able to build from foundation to roof with 20 million Naira?

Re: Will N20 Million Be Enough To Build This Plan Out In The Eastern Part Of Nigeria by MANNABBQGRILLS: 1:35am On Nov 12, 2018
Good plan....where are the building gurus the house?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Will N20 Million Be Enough To Build This Plan Out In The Eastern Part Of Nigeria by princekool4ya(m): 1:51am On Nov 12, 2018
post=72887718:
Good plan....where are the building gurus the house?
Waiting for the contractors in the house so I can figure out if this is doable.

1 Like

Re: Will N20 Million Be Enough To Build This Plan Out In The Eastern Part Of Nigeria by MANNABBQGRILLS: 1:53am On Nov 12, 2018
princekool4ya:
Waiting for the contractors in the house so I can figure out if this is doable.
They will surely be here soon.
There are many contractors here who know their onions.
Just be patient bro, they will show!
Re: Will N20 Million Be Enough To Build This Plan Out In The Eastern Part Of Nigeria by princekool4ya(m): 1:58am On Nov 12, 2018
post=72887824:

They will surely be here soon.
There are many contractors here who knkw their onions.
Just be patient bro, they will show!

Nice. You can tell I am getting excited already. I am not an architect, but with excel, I came up with this in 4 hours.
Re: Will N20 Million Be Enough To Build This Plan Out In The Eastern Part Of Nigeria by Jamesbiodun(m): 2:03am On Nov 12, 2018
princekool4ya:
I just finished drawing a plan of my potential house that I am looking to construct on 2 plots of land measuring 120 ft X 120 ft. I am looking to build the ground and 1st floor level on a 60ft X 60ft square space and then the 2nd floor will be a little more than 60ft X 30ft, with an open rooftop deck on that 2nd floor. I also will be building a garage with gym/game room on top of the garage (see pix of plan), a security guard house, a boy's quarter house, generator/yard equipment storage house and finally a separate detached ground level roof covered porch for parties/entertainment (see pix of plan). My interior will have a castle look to it with much pillars and design you'll see in a castle. Will I be able to build from foundation to roof with 20 million Naira?

I don't think u will pass deacon of ur ground floor with the cost of materials, steel , granite, fine aggregate , coarse aggregate, cement, workmanship , supervision , first thing to consider approval, u try with ur excel sha

2 Likes

Re: Will N20 Million Be Enough To Build This Plan Out In The Eastern Part Of Nigeria by princekool4ya(m): 2:11am On Nov 12, 2018
Jamesbiodun:

I don't think u will pass deacon of ur ground floor with the cost of materials, steel , granite, fine aggregate , coarse aggregate, cement, workmanship , supervision , first thing to consider approval, u try with ur excel sha
that's fine... keep in mind this is not in Lagos. This is in Anambra State and I have an inlaw who is a contractor. What do you think it'll cost me to start and finish?
Re: Will N20 Million Be Enough To Build This Plan Out In The Eastern Part Of Nigeria by princekool4ya(m): 2:11am On Nov 12, 2018
Jamesbiodun:

Also, when you say Approval, what do you mean.. approval from who?
Re: Will N20 Million Be Enough To Build This Plan Out In The Eastern Part Of Nigeria by Chekitaut: 2:14am On Nov 12, 2018
N20m can only achieve carcass of this building,, 2deckings, Foundation alone is close to 4m depending on type of soil.

1 Like

Re: Will N20 Million Be Enough To Build This Plan Out In The Eastern Part Of Nigeria by princekool4ya(m): 2:15am On Nov 12, 2018
Chekitaut:
N20m can only achieve carcass of this building, 3deckings,
Ok, so how much do you think it'll cost to complete?
Re: Will N20 Million Be Enough To Build This Plan Out In The Eastern Part Of Nigeria by Chekitaut: 2:21am On Nov 12, 2018
princekool4ya:
You need thecservices of a QS.
Re: Will N20 Million Be Enough To Build This Plan Out In The Eastern Part Of Nigeria by Chekitaut: 2:21am On Nov 12, 2018
princekool4ya:
You need the services of a QS.
Re: Will N20 Million Be Enough To Build This Plan Out In The Eastern Part Of Nigeria by princekool4ya(m): 2:26am On Nov 12, 2018
Chekitaut:
You need the services of a QS.
QS?? Surveyor?
Re: Will N20 Million Be Enough To Build This Plan Out In The Eastern Part Of Nigeria by Chekitaut: 2:33am On Nov 12, 2018
princekool4ya:
QS?? Surveyor?
Yes Quantity Surveyor
Re: Will N20 Million Be Enough To Build This Plan Out In The Eastern Part Of Nigeria by princekool4ya(m): 2:35am On Nov 12, 2018
Chekitaut:
Yes Quantity Surveyor
I guess I will have to find a reputable one. I am looking to start with N20 Million and see how far it goes shaaa.
Re: Will N20 Million Be Enough To Build This Plan Out In The Eastern Part Of Nigeria by Chekitaut: 2:55am On Nov 12, 2018
princekool4ya:
I guess I will have to find a reputable one. I am looking to start with N20 Million and see how far it goes shaaa.
I hope you understand what carcass means?
Foundation
All block setting
Deckings
Roofing.
excluding Plastering, window, wears, tiling etc
Re: Will N20 Million Be Enough To Build This Plan Out In The Eastern Part Of Nigeria by princekool4ya(m): 3:03am On Nov 12, 2018
Chekitaut:
Foundation
All block setting
Deckings
Roofing.
Right... So with that, how much more do you think will complete the rest of it? I am looking to tile all floors and pillars (exterior and Interior). Aluminum slide windows etc.
Re: Will N20 Million Be Enough To Build This Plan Out In The Eastern Part Of Nigeria by princekool4ya(m): 3:05am On Nov 12, 2018
Chekitaut:
Foundation
All block setting
Deckings
Roofing.
I already have a building materials supplier who is a family member.
Re: Will N20 Million Be Enough To Build This Plan Out In The Eastern Part Of Nigeria by Chekitaut: 3:06am On Nov 12, 2018
princekool4ya:
Right... So with that, how much more do you think will complete the rest of it? I am looking to tile all floors and pillars (exterior and Interior). Aluminum slide windows etc.
Another N20m for finishing or less
Re: Will N20 Million Be Enough To Build This Plan Out In The Eastern Part Of Nigeria by princekool4ya(m): 3:08am On Nov 12, 2018
Chekitaut:
Another N20m for finishing or less
So all in all, $100K will complete the house. Nice.
Re: Will N20 Million Be Enough To Build This Plan Out In The Eastern Part Of Nigeria by Nobody: 3:34am On Nov 12, 2018
princekool4ya:

Nice. You can tell I am getting excited already. I am not an architect, but with excel, I came up with this in 4 hours.

I recommend SketchUp instead of Excel.

https://www.sketchup.com

1 Like

Re: Will N20 Million Be Enough To Build This Plan Out In The Eastern Part Of Nigeria by Okoyeebo: 5:20am On Nov 12, 2018
princekool4ya:
that's fine... keep in mind this is not in Lagos. This is in Anambra State and I have an inlaw who is a contractor. What do you think it'll cost me to start and finish?

princekool4ya:
I already have a building materials supplier who is a family member.

My friend here is about to be taught a very painful lesson.

5 Likes

Re: Will N20 Million Be Enough To Build This Plan Out In The Eastern Part Of Nigeria by princekool4ya(m): 5:24am On Nov 12, 2018
Okoyeebo:

My friend here is about to be taught a very painful lesson.
never mix business and family... I know that already.

1 Like

Re: Will N20 Million Be Enough To Build This Plan Out In The Eastern Part Of Nigeria by Gabrokpara001(m): 7:11am On Nov 12, 2018
princekool4ya:

Your sketch up with excel is pretty decent as it gives you a good idea of the layout of the building, but if you need a good estimate and eventually carry out construction, you cant work with this sketch.
I am a QS i can give you the estimate you need and also throw in a more detailed and realistic plan adjusted to suit your requirements for free
Contact me on whatsapp 09037396586
Re: Will N20 Million Be Enough To Build This Plan Out In The Eastern Part Of Nigeria by Juell(m): 10:13am On Nov 12, 2018
Sorry op, don't mean/intend to hash but this your plan is not workable. Pls get an architect to get you a workable design. Take a look at this, it's similar to what you have in mind

Re: Will N20 Million Be Enough To Build This Plan Out In The Eastern Part Of Nigeria by princekool4ya(m): 12:20pm On Nov 12, 2018
Juell:
Sorry op, don't mean/intend to hash but this your plan is not workable. Pls get an architect to get you a workable design. Take a look at this, it's similar to what you have in mind

You are right, the pic is similar in many ways to what I want. Any ideas on cost?
Re: Will N20 Million Be Enough To Build This Plan Out In The Eastern Part Of Nigeria by Juell(m): 1:52pm On Nov 12, 2018
princekool4ya:

You are right, the pic is similar in many ways to what I want. Any ideas on cost?
The cost will be above N60m
Re: Will N20 Million Be Enough To Build This Plan Out In The Eastern Part Of Nigeria by Jamesbiodun(m): 5:46pm On Nov 12, 2018
princekool4ya:

that's better, since ur in-law is a contractor u can ask of the price from ur in-law

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Will N20 Million Be Enough To Build This Plan Out In The Eastern Part Of Nigeria by americanson: 6:19pm On Nov 12, 2018
EgunMogaji:

I recommend SketchUp instead of Excel.

https://www.sketchup.com
hello sir, when choosing what type of sketchup to use, which do u suggest : professional work, personal project or school? I went there based on ur recommendatuon and I am a greenhorn.

1 Like

Re: Will N20 Million Be Enough To Build This Plan Out In The Eastern Part Of Nigeria by Nobody: 6:46pm On Nov 12, 2018
americanson:
hello sir, when choosing what type of sketchup to use, which do u suggest : professional work, personal project or school? I went there based on ur recommendatuon and I am a greenhorn.

Choose the free one for now. It’s all you really need. If you get better in the future then you can get the paid version and make a side hustle out of it.

I used it to build my houses, even though I still had an architect do his thing for government approvals.

You can design your floor plan and even walk through it and make changes to suit how you and your family will use the space. Remember that Mr. Architech won’t live in there with you.

Once you have the layout planned then buy a bag of grounded chalk. Find an empty soccer field, measure out the space and sprinkle the chalk to mark it out. Now you can walk through the physical space.

Good luck Sir.

3 Likes

Re: Will N20 Million Be Enough To Build This Plan Out In The Eastern Part Of Nigeria by Nobody: 7:09pm On Nov 12, 2018
Additionally, you can get tons of free ideas from this site on proper layout and placement of spaces,

For average homes

https://www.architecturaldesigns.com

For luxury homes

https://saterdesign.com

PS: You need lots of rework on your original plan. You should have a clear idea of what you need before you engage a local architect because they’ll just design what they know.
Re: Will N20 Million Be Enough To Build This Plan Out In The Eastern Part Of Nigeria by Juell(m): 6:08am On Nov 13, 2018
princekool4ya:

If you like de design, reach me on juellone@gmail.com

(1) (2) (Reply)

Prices Of Stone Coated Roofing Sheet In Nigeria (2023) / Land For Sale At New Bodija Estate, Ibadan / 5 Bd Duplex To Decking Level And German Floor Of A Block Of 4 Flat @aboru. Pix.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.