Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,684 members, 7,823,927 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:38 PM

2019: Why I Decamped To APC – Uduaghan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2019: Why I Decamped To APC – Uduaghan (14383 Views)

2019: Why I’m Not Bothered About Defections – Buhari / 2019: Why PDP Wants To Boycott Elections – Oshiomhole / 2019: Why I Dumped PDP For LP – Mimiko (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

2019: Why I Decamped To APC – Uduaghan by 1Ebiscoo: 6:57am On Nov 12, 2018
Former Governor of Delta State, Dr. Emmanuel Uduaghan has given reasons he dumped the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, for the All Progressives Congress, APC.

Uduaghan also stated reasons he withdrew his support from his successor, Governor Ifeanyi Okowa during the 2014 PDP governorship primaries in the state.

The former governor, in an interview with Channels Television, also waved aside comments that his defection to the APC was owing to his fear of not being able to clinch the Delta South PDP senatorial ticket.

He said, “It did not come about suddenly. It’s something that I had been thinking about, I would say for about six months.

“It is not easy to move from a house that you built to another house especially with your household. So you have to plan it properly, think about it and discuss it with the members of your family.

“Of course, generally, we have been together for over 20 years, and there is bound to be disagreements.

“But when you look at the larger picture of where the family is now, where your political party is, the future of your current political party and look at the party you want to go into, where are they now?

“But the final decision is yours because whatever happens, you bear the final consequences either good or bad. That was what I did, and that was why it took some time.

“I managed Delta State for eight years and before then, I worked closely with my boss as SSG, my boss (Chief James Ibori) being the head of the management.

“I know what it took to manage the Niger Delta because most of the problems started from Delta State as the interethnic crisis in 1997 and spread to other states.

“With that kind of experience, you look at the people currently managing it. You look at the federal and various state governments, from time to time, you access what they are doing.

“Sometimes you are happy with what they are doing and sometimes you are not because you have done your bit and pulled back, then you assess your bit.

“Now it’s not possible for one person to go there and do everything, the people that have come in, what improvement are they putting in the place?

“And when you see that these people are doing something that would move the region forward, you would want to encourage them by making sure that the things they are doing, they are supported.”

https://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/11/2019-why-i-decamped-to-apc-uduaghan.html

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: Why I Decamped To APC – Uduaghan by Alepa(m): 6:57am On Nov 12, 2018
Only idiots and Igbos terrorists are in pdp

12 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 2019: Why I Decamped To APC – Uduaghan by NaijaRoyalty(m): 7:00am On Nov 12, 2018
Alepa:

Only criminals and lifeless zombies , are in APC

95 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 2019: Why I Decamped To APC – Uduaghan by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:02am On Nov 12, 2018
All of you are one and the same...
Political prostitutes keep running in circle like cars in a roundabout.

Only Sai Baba we know.
Only Sai Baba we love.
Only Sai Baba we want.

GOD BLESS OUR PRESIDENT MUHAMMADU BUHARI

26 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 2019: Why I Decamped To APC – Uduaghan by yeyeboi(m): 7:02am On Nov 12, 2018
Ok
Re: 2019: Why I Decamped To APC – Uduaghan by kuuljay(m): 7:02am On Nov 12, 2018

1 Like

Re: 2019: Why I Decamped To APC – Uduaghan by deafeyez: 7:03am On Nov 12, 2018
ThankGod for him.
Re: 2019: Why I Decamped To APC – Uduaghan by flowbaze(m): 7:04am On Nov 12, 2018
this politicians self!!!
they can not stay one place

1 Like

Re: 2019: Why I Decamped To APC – Uduaghan by alizma: 7:04am On Nov 12, 2018
d
Re: 2019: Why I Decamped To APC – Uduaghan by Nobody: 7:04am On Nov 12, 2018
You decamped not because there's no more fat acclocations coming to delta as an oil-rich state. But you decamped for 3 reasons viz:

1- okowa has refused to share allocations with your likes

2- the money laundering offence hanging on your neck and as a courier to ibori made you decamp to seek save haven in the APC, just like akpabio did.

3- you're no more relevant politically in delta. When last have people heard of you? I won't be surprised if ibori should follow suit because you're in same shoes.

13 Likes

Re: 2019: Why I Decamped To APC – Uduaghan by israelmao(m): 7:13am On Nov 12, 2018
You will still come back to recant your losses after 2019 general elections.

1 Like

Re: 2019: Why I Decamped To APC – Uduaghan by argon500: 7:14am On Nov 12, 2018
They always have a story to tell to their gullible supporters.

Nigeria politicians only care about themselves and croonies.

Funniest part, to PDP members after this defection,,Uduagan is now corrupt but was saint while in PDP
Re: 2019: Why I Decamped To APC – Uduaghan by lordkush: 7:16am On Nov 12, 2018
Alepa:
gandollar is in Apc

4 Likes

Re: 2019: Why I Decamped To APC – Uduaghan by oddoood: 7:17am On Nov 12, 2018
Re: 2019: Why I Decamped To APC – Uduaghan by Flattino(m): 7:17am On Nov 12, 2018
NaijaRoyalty:

Only criminals and lifeless zombies , are in APC
5 naira per post crew

1 Like

Re: 2019: Why I Decamped To APC – Uduaghan by argon500: 7:18am On Nov 12, 2018
awelekiti:
You decamped not because there's no more fat acclocations coming to delta as an oil-rich state. But you decamped for 3 reasons viz:

1- okowa has refused to share allocations with your likes

2- the money laundering offence hanging on your neck and as a courier to ibori made you decamp to seek save haven in the APC, just like akpabio did.

3- you're no more relevant politically in delta. When last have people heard of you? I won't be surprised if ibori should follow suit because you're in same shoes.

You politicians supporters are pathetic. So Na now he is irrelevant in Delta
Na now you guys realised he launders money.

Who do Una self?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2019: Why I Decamped To APC – Uduaghan by Nigeriabiafra80: 7:20am On Nov 12, 2018
How many of you noticed that this year.,
No maltina Dance competition'
No Gulder Ultimate Search'
No Who wants to be a millionaire'
No Glo Naija Sings'
No MTN Project Fame'
*For those of you that doesn't knw what the Economy is all about'���

Re: 2019: Why I Decamped To APC – Uduaghan by gare(f): 7:21am On Nov 12, 2018
Udhughan, You do not need to explain your reason for leaving of joining APC, you are not missed at all, as far as Delta State Politics is concern you are not a force to reckon with, you only came into power through the Ibori machinery, even as a Governor for 8 yrs you still dont have any support base, that was why your candidate for governorship lost to Okowa.

By the Time you loose the Senate election then you will no that even if you contest for House of Assembly you will still loose, so to wasting peoples time by going on like you have something good to say, in your 8yrs as governor with so much allocation, you had nothing to show for it, the only legacy you left is that women can now get pregnant

2 Likes

Re: 2019: Why I Decamped To APC – Uduaghan by StoneLucifer: 7:21am On Nov 12, 2018
Banning someone on this Nairaland is absolute rubbish and waste of time. Hahahahaha
Re: 2019: Why I Decamped To APC – Uduaghan by uwalakathankgod(m): 7:23am On Nov 12, 2018
Governor's son = FIRS
Senator's son = NNPC
Minister's son = NIMASA
House of reps son = PTDF
Commissioner's son = NCC
House of assembly son = DPR
Poor man's son = N-power.
Stupidity is when you are jobless, you borrow money to recharge your phone to buy data and you still come online to support the old politicians who don't even know that you exist.
Pleasewake up.

6 Likes

Re: 2019: Why I Decamped To APC – Uduaghan by kareemkamil(m): 7:23am On Nov 12, 2018
IPOB terrorist una see una life, Baba till 2023

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2019: Why I Decamped To APC – Uduaghan by oyetunder(m): 7:24am On Nov 12, 2018
undecided Sir, you should not have bothered to give us any reason. We all know why Naija Politicians are professionals and undisputed champions when it comes to jumping from one political molue to another. THE fact that people like you had destroyed our academic system does not mean we do not have enough common sense to understand the main reason behind your action.
Re: 2019: Why I Decamped To APC – Uduaghan by fasho01(m): 7:37am On Nov 12, 2018
I took my time to read through and didn't see a single reason he left, rather some incoherent stuff.

What APC does to one's reasoning is beyond comprehension honestly..

3 Likes

Re: 2019: Why I Decamped To APC – Uduaghan by wink2015(m): 7:46am On Nov 12, 2018
1Ebiscoo:
Former Governor of Delta State, Dr. Emmanuel Uduaghan has given reasons he dumped the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, for the All Progressives Congress, APC.

Uduaghan also stated reasons he withdrew his support from his successor, Governor Ifeanyi Okowa during the 2014 PDP governorship primaries in the state.

The former governor, in an interview with Channels Television, also waved aside comments that his defection to the APC was owing to his fear of not being able to clinch the Delta South PDP senatorial ticket.

He said, “It did not come about suddenly. It’s something that I had been thinking about, I would say for about six months.

“It is not easy to move from a house that you built to another house especially with your household. So you have to plan it properly, think about it and discuss it with the members of your family.

“Of course, generally, we have been together for over 20 years, and there is bound to be disagreements.

“But when you look at the larger picture of where the family is now, where your political party is, the future of your current political party and look at the party you want to go into, where are they now?

“But the final decision is yours because whatever happens, you bear the final consequences either good or bad. That was what I did, and that was why it took some time.

“I managed Delta State for eight years and before then, I worked closely with my boss as SSG, my boss (Chief James Ibori) being the head of the management.

“I know what it took to manage the Niger Delta because most of the problems started from Delta State as the interethnic crisis in 1997 and spread to other states.

“With that kind of experience, you look at the people currently managing it. You look at the federal and various state governments, from time to time, you access what they are doing.

“Sometimes you are happy with what they are doing and sometimes you are not because you have done your bit and pulled back, then you assess your bit.

“Now it’s not possible for one person to go there and do everything, the people that have come in, what improvement are they putting in the place?

“And when you see that these people are doing something that would move the region forward, you would want to encourage them by making sure that the things they are doing, they are supported.”

https://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/11/2019-why-i-decamped-to-apc-uduaghan.html

EX-GOVERNOR EMMANUEL EWETAN UDUAGHAN WAS A TOTAL FAILURE AS A GOVERNOR.

Delta state is one of the rich states in Nigeria but poverty is being celebrated in their various towns like Warri, Sapele, Ughelli, Agbor, Patani. Bomadi, Burutu, Abraka, Eku, Effurun, Ogwashiuku, Obuluku, Asaba etc

No Industries for the youth to work.

The Warri Sapele road stretching down to the Effurun end ( Effurun Sapele road ) has been awarded to hundreds of contractors.

All of these contractors doing the same thing that is DIGGING GUTTERS repeatedly with no end in sight and the money siphoned by the governors and their various contractors that the project is awarded to.

Ibori started work in the Warri Sapele/Effurun Sapele road but two other governors that is Ex-governor Emmanuel Uduaghan and the current governor, Dr. Ifeanyi Okowa is still continuing the digging of gutters.

All three governors made huge money from this major road that link Warri and Effurun together. But today the road project is still continuing with GUTTER DIGGING.

IS THIS NOT CORRUPTION BY THE PDP POLITICIANS?

Why can 'nt the Delta state government venture into massive industrialization.

The state is blessed with seaport in Warri, Koko etc but the seaport is just for decoration.

3 Likes

Re: 2019: Why I Decamped To APC – Uduaghan by donniluv(m): 7:47am On Nov 12, 2018
Its Painful Dat Idiot Stil Say Sai Boko Wel May D Problem People Face Visit U All In Apc
Re: 2019: Why I Decamped To APC – Uduaghan by oxygen247(m): 8:05am On Nov 12, 2018
What did he say biko?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Garba Shehu Denies Commenting On Twitter Picking Ghana As Africa HQ / Military Declares War On Terrorist In The South-East / 50,000 Sokoto PDP Members Desert Tambuwal For APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.