Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,515 members, 7,954,958 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 01:11 PM

How Children Of The Dead Share Proceed Made From Funeral Ceremonies In Igboland - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / How Children Of The Dead Share Proceed Made From Funeral Ceremonies In Igboland (36504 Views)

Olu Of Warri’s Coronation To Proceed On Saturday Despite Missing Crown / A Nairalander Witnesses Iwa Akwa (Wearing Of Cloth) Ceremony In Igboland / Children Of Alaafin Of Oyo, Lamidi Olayiwola Adeyemi (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Children Of The Dead Share Proceed Made From Funeral Ceremonies In Igboland by docadams: 7:48am On Nov 13, 2018
babyfaceafrica:
he has sent the recharge card...I am indeed grateful for allowing me use your opportunity..... your kind is rare..thank you very much

Happy for you and grateful to him.
Re: How Children Of The Dead Share Proceed Made From Funeral Ceremonies In Igboland by Prosperchuks1344(m): 7:49am On Nov 13, 2018
this article is not true, cant beleive this bullshit. i lost my dad this year Jan 20, did his funeral on feb 21 but what this man wrote here is totaly diff from what i xperienced during my dads funeral. rubbish post

2 Likes

Re: How Children Of The Dead Share Proceed Made From Funeral Ceremonies In Igboland by babyfaceafrica: 8:10am On Nov 13, 2018
Yankee101:

You're welcome. You can edit your number out of the post now if you wish so it won't just be online
done..have a blessed day
Re: How Children Of The Dead Share Proceed Made From Funeral Ceremonies In Igboland by Olamsoh: 8:18am On Nov 13, 2018
I have noticed that particular tribe. which tribe are u talking about in that thread?
Mizwisdom:
They sell their daughters off and give them nothing in return grin Biafrans, our wonderful neighbors
Re: How Children Of The Dead Share Proceed Made From Funeral Ceremonies In Igboland by id4sho(m): 8:28am On Nov 13, 2018
GBADEYZ:
why does the first son enjoy so much privileges

the sharing formulae is too bias and unfair
Are you a Christian, if yes. Read it up in the Bible, d first son has double portion.
Re: How Children Of The Dead Share Proceed Made From Funeral Ceremonies In Igboland by eagleeye2: 9:08am On Nov 13, 2018
Mizwisdom:

Una de cheat females o grin why don't you all take gifts on your wedding day and leave the rest for the late man's wife if she's alive? So unmarried daughters will never get even those miserly gifts! The blind fold you guys used on your ladies will come off one day. No wonder you all are desperate for male kids lol cheesy
Depends on the family. In my case my two sisters were bequeathed with a plot of land each, even before they were married off. And if there remains any unmarried spinsters in the family it is the duty of the family to care for her

2 Likes

Re: How Children Of The Dead Share Proceed Made From Funeral Ceremonies In Igboland by eagleeye2: 9:15am On Nov 13, 2018
SachaBastien:
He should say it is Anambra thing not generally Igbos. When my father's mother died in Imo state, 1.3m left his account and nothing came back. When his in-law in Enugu-Ukwu which is in Anambra died, he went with a bus loaded with gifts. Personally, I think Africans should just bury the dead and everyone goes home.
It's mostly an Anambra thing. The OP, stated it.
The gift and entertainment part is equally true.
Re: How Children Of The Dead Share Proceed Made From Funeral Ceremonies In Igboland by dalass(f): 9:15am On Nov 13, 2018
observanc1:
is that u swallow lots of lies. So u dont know when the truth is said.
E no concern you...Stop using pcm over another person headache angry
Re: How Children Of The Dead Share Proceed Made From Funeral Ceremonies In Igboland by eagleeye2: 9:27am On Nov 13, 2018
Prosperchuks1344:
this article is not true, cant beleive this bullshit. i lost my dad this year Jan 20, did his funeral on feb 21 but what this man wrote here is totaly diff from what i xperienced during my dads funeral. rubbish post
Are you from Anambra?
Re: How Children Of The Dead Share Proceed Made From Funeral Ceremonies In Igboland by Thomanad(m): 9:46am On Nov 13, 2018
Nice and detailed write up..... smiley
Re: How Children Of The Dead Share Proceed Made From Funeral Ceremonies In Igboland by Mizwisdom(f): 9:59am On Nov 13, 2018
Olamsoh:
I have noticed that particular tribe. which tribe are u talking about in that thread?

You won't hear it from me but you are free to carry out your own investigation
Re: How Children Of The Dead Share Proceed Made From Funeral Ceremonies In Igboland by chykmech84: 10:14am On Nov 13, 2018
Bro I do not concur with your epistle....Burial anywhere in the whole of southeast depends on how famous and rich you're

2 Likes

Re: How Children Of The Dead Share Proceed Made From Funeral Ceremonies In Igboland by chykmech84: 10:15am On Nov 13, 2018
very funny
eagleeye2:

Are you from Anambra?
Re: How Children Of The Dead Share Proceed Made From Funeral Ceremonies In Igboland by SachaBastien(m): 11:21am On Nov 13, 2018
eagleeye2:

It's mostly an Anambra thing. The OP, stated it.
The gift and entertainment part is equally true.
I read the article. I was speaking in reference to the title.

1 Like

Re: How Children Of The Dead Share Proceed Made From Funeral Ceremonies In Igboland by observanc1: 5:44pm On Nov 13, 2018
efavour:
I'm from Anambra. In my culture, no one one even first son has right to send anyone of his siblings out of the fathers house. The house belong to him last last but not in that regard. He can own it but can't deny the siblings of the use. He never see craze before. Make use of customary court
no need of customary court. He cant even try it

1 Like

Re: How Children Of The Dead Share Proceed Made From Funeral Ceremonies In Igboland by Prosperchuks1344(m): 11:45pm On Nov 13, 2018
eagleeye2:
Are you from Anambra?
yes
Re: How Children Of The Dead Share Proceed Made From Funeral Ceremonies In Igboland by africanusvu(m): 2:28am On Nov 14, 2018
I am too sure these op have no knowledge of igbos,may be only went to east for nysc .

1 Like

Re: How Children Of The Dead Share Proceed Made From Funeral Ceremonies In Igboland by stevedre: 11:06am On Nov 15, 2018
somegirl1:
This is not cultural. Perhaps this has been experience in his own family.
All Igbos I know have emerged worse off following the funeral of a relative, there's no profit to be made.

I agree with you. Such a useless post with no genuine content, I know how much me and my in-laws on my late mother in-laws funeral and we did it out of love not for profit as stated here.
Re: How Children Of The Dead Share Proceed Made From Funeral Ceremonies In Igboland by stevedre: 11:15am On Nov 15, 2018
somegirl1:
This is not cultural. Perhaps this has been experience in his own family.
All Igbos I know have emerged worse off following the funeral of a relative, there's no profit to be made.

I agree with you. Such a useless post with no genuine content, I know how much me and my in-laws spent on my late mother in-laws funeral but we did it out of respect and love not for profit as stated here.

1 Like

Re: How Children Of The Dead Share Proceed Made From Funeral Ceremonies In Igboland by Ziggylady(f): 10:47pm On Nov 17, 2018
eagleeye2:

Are you from Anambra?

I am from Anambra and it is absolutely false!...didnt experience all the trash the op wrote when i lost my dad years back even though i am female.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ooni Of Ife Graces Front Cover Of Monarch Issues Of Vglamour Magazine / Coronavirus: Oba Abdul-Ganiy Adekunle Oloogunebi Appeases Deities To Ward It Off / A Nigerian Masquerade Entertaining People With A Priest in Europe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.