Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,113 members, 7,814,910 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:59 PM

Should Osaze Odemwingie Be Punished For His Comments - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Should Osaze Odemwingie Be Punished For His Comments (1540 Views)

Poll: Should He?

Yes: 27% (3 votes)
No: 72% (8 votes)
This poll has ended

Does Osaze Odemwingie Deserve A Call-up? / Woman Defrauds Osaze Of £70000 / Osaze Odemwingie Lashes Out At Keshi And NFF Over AFCON 2013 Exclusion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should Osaze Odemwingie Be Punished For His Comments by 12large: 4:39am On Jul 23, 2010
i have been osaze odemwingie fan since 2009, but am getting dissapointed with the way he critisize coaches. in 2006 he critisized eguavor, saying that nigeria needs a foreign coach. in 2008 he critisized siasia but being too imature, in 2010 he critisized amodu for playing the same style,for playing 433 and for being too predictable after amodu was sacked he said in quote"oyibo na oyibo" hailing the new coach 'lagerback' but after we failed in worldcup he critisized lagerback. now this is 4coaches he has critisized although i was dissapointed with the way lagerback played him in the worldcup, we all knew that osaze is a rightwinger, but his place was taken by a disgracefull mmallam 'sani keita' thats still not enough reason for him being immature. now as you know another golden generation is coming to eagles if we can find a new coach, so my question is that
what should be done to osaze, we can't raise our young players to start critisizing managers anyhow, for me he should not be called up for sometime, let he llearn to be proffesional before he comes back. he would not even be missed as there are 3 world class potential on that right wing position

1. stanley okoro
2. ahmed musa
3. king osanga
4. chinedu obasi
Re: Should Osaze Odemwingie Be Punished For His Comments by 12large: 4:40am On Jul 23, 2010
i also forgot to add this one, it might be speculation or not, but according to mtn football he critisized yobo and kanu
Re: Should Osaze Odemwingie Be Punished For His Comments by slyDdean(m): 11:55am On Jul 23, 2010
I think i would done the same. Its better of than kicking somebody in the pitch. I criticised amodu too u know for using same formation. And hell am criticising lagerback for loosing 2 d greeks. Imaging sitting on d bench like a dummy. He kept placing odewingwe at d wrong position. The obviousely was pissd off, he play his heart out men. He's got no fault as far as am concerned
Re: Should Osaze Odemwingie Be Punished For His Comments by semid4lyfe(m): 12:05pm On Jul 23, 2010
Wetin be this?

Ok, na 12large grin grin
Re: Should Osaze Odemwingie Be Punished For His Comments by chelseabmw(m): 2:06pm On Jul 23, 2010
poster pls leave osaze alone
Re: Should Osaze Odemwingie Be Punished For His Comments by mamagee3(f): 5:53pm On Jul 23, 2010
Osaze Odemwingie is right whether NFF accepts it or not, his statements are justified.

Nigeria needs a real coach and a real captain, Lars Lagerback isn't a good coach and a foreigner for that matter plus the nigerian team is disorganized with no real leader.

Of course most people in nigeria would take it offensive because the truth hurts.
Re: Should Osaze Odemwingie Be Punished For His Comments by tpiah: 5:55pm On Jul 23, 2010
make una leave this fine boy alone nah.

dont nigerians and especially nlers abuse everybody all the time?

why is he being singled out.
Re: Should Osaze Odemwingie Be Punished For His Comments by 12large: 6:25pm On Jul 23, 2010
is not about whether his good or bad, he cannot keep critisizing the coach for any little things
Re: Should Osaze Odemwingie Be Punished For His Comments by mamagee3(f): 6:31pm On Jul 23, 2010
^^So as a talented player, he doesn't have the right to speak when the coach is doing the wrong thing.

Everyone knows that Lars Lagerback is the worst coach ever, it's just that odemwingie is more open about it than his fellow teammates.
Re: Should Osaze Odemwingie Be Punished For His Comments by bawomolo(m): 7:00pm On Jul 23, 2010
should you be punished for calling kaita a mallam?
Re: Should Osaze Odemwingie Be Punished For His Comments by mamagee3(f): 7:10pm On Jul 23, 2010
^^Why do you keep posting comments that has nothing to do with the topic?

Or are you in need of posts? tongue
Re: Should Osaze Odemwingie Be Punished For His Comments by bawomolo(m): 8:12pm On Jul 23, 2010
dont make me start with you mama-gee grin
Re: Should Osaze Odemwingie Be Punished For His Comments by chelseabmw(m): 8:17pm On Jul 23, 2010
sad
Re: Should Osaze Odemwingie Be Punished For His Comments by mamagee3(f): 9:03pm On Jul 23, 2010
bawomolo:

dont make me start with you mama-gee grin
Once again, another attempt to try to garner more posts as possible. grin

Start with me?

Sorry, I don't remember being an automobile or brake check. wink
Re: Should Osaze Odemwingie Be Punished For His Comments by ice234: 12:34am On Jul 24, 2010
he should be banned for a yr
Re: Should Osaze Odemwingie Be Punished For His Comments by mensdept: 1:56am On Jul 24, 2010
12large:

i have been osaze odemwingie fan since 2009, but am getting dissapointed with the way he critisize coaches. in 2006 he critisized eguavor, saying that nigeria needs a foreign coach. in 2008 he critisized siasia but being too imature, in 2010 he critisized amodu for playing the same style,for playing 433 and for being too predictable after amodu was sacked he said in quote"oyibo na oyibo" hailing the new coach 'lagerback' but after we failed in worldcup he critisized lagerback. now this is 4coaches he has critisized although i was dissapointed with the way lagerback played him in the worldcup, we all knew that osaze is a rightwinger, but his place was taken by a disgracefull mmallam 'sani keita' thats still not enough reason for him being immature. now as you know another golden generation is coming to eagles if we can find a new coach, so my question is that
what should be done to osaze, we can't raise our young players to start critisizing managers anyhow, for me he should not be called up for sometime, let he llearn to be proffesional before he comes back. he would not even be missed as there are 3 world class potential on that right wing position

1. stanley okoro
2. ahmed musa
3. king osanga
4. chinedu obasi

Never heard him criticize Siasia, nor Chukwu in 2004. But for Amodu and Lagerback, the evidence speaks for itself. Those were not the best coaches Nigeria could have used. Unlike the mumu Yobo, and fat Yakubu, Osaze spoke out, and spoke the truth. People may say he's "an average player", but clearly, since the demise of Okocha, he's been one of our better and more reliable players.
Re: Should Osaze Odemwingie Be Punished For His Comments by Okijajuju1(m): 2:16am On Jul 24, 2010
ice234:

he should be banned for a yr

Are you high?!!

If you ban him who will remain?? Just the Uche brothers!!

Abeg free the guy jor!! Na becos of am na ehn make Nigerians beg Joe-boy (presido), make ehn forgive NFF.
Re: Should Osaze Odemwingie Be Punished For His Comments by ice234: 7:37am On Jul 24, 2010
Okija_juju:

Are you high?!!

If you ban him who will remain?? Just the Uche brothers!!

Abeg free the guy jor!! Na becos of am na ehn make Nigerians beg Joe-boy (presido), make ehn forgive NFF.
then next time he should mind wat he say. dont tell me u support his sense of disrespect hun
Re: Should Osaze Odemwingie Be Punished For His Comments by Okijajuju1(m): 8:41am On Jul 24, 2010
You blame am? The guy dey para. After all ehn hard work, no be ehn fault.

In other related issues, since siasia is the new oga, na ehn be say Mikel no go see shirt for SE. No be God.
Re: Should Osaze Odemwingie Be Punished For His Comments by ice234: 8:52am On Jul 24, 2010
he is our best midfielder so saisai should give him a chance
Re: Should Osaze Odemwingie Be Punished For His Comments by Okijajuju1(m): 10:56am On Jul 24, 2010
After his Olympic Bleep up?? I say NEVER!! angry angry

No idiot can hold us to ransom, in my opinion, he should never wear the green and white for us again till he dies. I hope the brits can have him.
Re: Should Osaze Odemwingie Be Punished For His Comments by ice234: 11:25am On Jul 24, 2010
but we have no onebetter than him presently
Re: Should Osaze Odemwingie Be Punished For His Comments by Okijajuju1(m): 11:53am On Jul 24, 2010
I will join countless Nigerians in havin faith in siasia to get us a new replacement.
Re: Should Osaze Odemwingie Be Punished For His Comments by ice234: 12:04pm On Jul 24, 2010
maybe haruna will help out wat about rafiu ibrahim. dat guy can step in oh
Re: Should Osaze Odemwingie Be Punished For His Comments by Okijajuju1(m): 12:27pm On Jul 24, 2010
Lets keep our fingers crossed. But I'm glad Mikel might not play again for us.
Re: Should Osaze Odemwingie Be Punished For His Comments by ice234: 12:30pm On Jul 24, 2010
will still love to see him compete for shirt
Re: Should Osaze Odemwingie Be Punished For His Comments by Okijajuju1(m): 12:46pm On Jul 24, 2010
Which shirt?? Not even bench sef, cos when siasia win silver medal at the next Nations Cup as he always does at all tournaments, he will also collect medal. So NO!! angry

Good riddance to bad rubbish.
Re: Should Osaze Odemwingie Be Punished For His Comments by ice234: 12:58pm On Jul 24, 2010
since he cant win anythng in dat dry gin producing company cum club. let him win with his father land
Re: Should Osaze Odemwingie Be Punished For His Comments by Okijajuju1(m): 1:02pm On Jul 24, 2010
We just found out that his father isnt even from here. He is from Liberia not Nigeria. Na mistake ehn use land here.
Re: Should Osaze Odemwingie Be Punished For His Comments by ice234: 1:05pm On Jul 24, 2010
no wonder he bears mikel. name for dogs
Re: Should Osaze Odemwingie Be Punished For His Comments by Okijajuju1(m): 1:12pm On Jul 24, 2010
If he were Nigerian his name would be Micheal.
Re: Should Osaze Odemwingie Be Punished For His Comments by ice234: 4:29pm On Jul 24, 2010
Okija_juju:

If he were Nigerian his name would be Micheal.
agreed

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is This Goalkeeper The Best In AFCON 2013??? / Akwa Ibom Gov. Akpabio To Open Olympic-sized Stadium In State TODAY – PHOTOS / Pls Save Me On This Dumb Argument, : KURT ZOUMA And Mcnair, Who Is Better?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.