Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,796 members, 7,817,294 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:46 AM

Review Of King Of Boys - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Review Of King Of Boys (2475 Views)

King Of Boys: Kemi Adetiba Releases Sequel To Her Popular 2018 Movie / Kemi Adetiba Releases Documentary Teaser For King Of Boys Sequel (video) / ‘Up North’, ‘Lionheart’ & ‘King Of Boys’ For Hollywood Screening In US (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Review Of King Of Boys by ideabuilder: 4:38pm On Nov 12, 2018
Kemi Adetiba’s King of Boys movie has proven that Nigerians are willing to watch a Nollywood non-comedy film in the cinema.

Like I promised earlier, I’ll share my experience at the cinema with you.

I watched King of Boys at Ozone Cinema in Yaba, Lagos and it was the first time I had to be on a queue to enter the theater where a movie I wanted to watch was scheduled to show. By the time I got in and secured a seat, I noticed that they had to bring in plastic chairs to accommodate viewers. The room was packed full.

Trust the Nigerian audience, they made it more fun to watch as different individuals made funny comments in response to what some characters in KOB had done or said. It was an energetic audience.

There were different episodes of applauds, unified laughter like we planned it and at some point unified screaming. Yes, like that scene were Makanaki asked one of his guys to bite the table. OMG! You needed to hear literally everyone in the theater scream like they felt the pain.

Trust me guys, Kemi Adetiba shifted the bar some good inches higher. Nollywood standard just went up.

For those who like to hear technical things:
https://www.teoinspiro.com/review-of-king-of-boys/

Re: Review Of King Of Boys by Fortune109: 8:07pm On Nov 12, 2018
Saw this movie yesterday and it happened to be the best Nollywood movie I've seen this year. Makanaki and Alhaja Salami were the bomb characters.

2 Likes

Re: Review Of King Of Boys by Nobody: 8:44pm On Sep 23, 2019
Just finished watching it on Netflix and it's the very best nollywood movie ever made. The story, presentation and acting was top notch, even surprised seeing artists that have never been into acting perform better than some veterans in the game. Big kudos to kemi adetiba for this one.

3 Likes

Re: Review Of King Of Boys by joyandfaith: 3:24pm On Dec 13, 2019
best nollywood movie in decades. 3 hours and exciting. kemi tried

(1) (Reply)

Behind The Scene: Apocalypto. A Movie You Watch Over And Over Again / Has Anyone Watched These Movies, Please Rate Them Here. / Actress Tonto Dikeh, And Ghanaian Star Actor Van Vicker Fight At Movie Location

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.