Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,669 members, 7,809,534 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:57 AM

Urgent Help With My Parcel - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Urgent Help With My Parcel (407 Views)

Azon Cargo - Deliver Your Parcel Across Nigeria For As Low As ₦500 / Air, Land & Sea Freight, Cargo, Luggage & Parcel Delivery Services / Urgent Help Pls On My Luno Acct (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Urgent Help With My Parcel by Nobody: 10:04pm On Nov 12, 2018
Hi, I think these Post Office guys are trying to extort me. My iPhone XX Max order from Amazon just arrived and the guys at the Post Office, EMS precisely,
placed a call to me to come collect my order but I should come with my money, I was surprised because I've never been charged to pick any of my orders from overseas.

On getting there, a paper was flashed at me telling about token which was running into 70,000. I objected and he quickly collected the paper and asked that I write to the GM through him. On further probing, he started talking about customs duty and some other incoherent stuffs which don't make any sense to me.

I left there without writing the letter because I don't understand what difference the letter would make if the charge is from customs.

Has anyone been in similar situation? How did you go about it? If the customs want to charge duty on an item, doesn't it have to be held at the ports and only released after its been cleared? If the phone has been cleared by customs, does the EMS guys have any obligations to charge for customs duty or any duties or taxes for that matter? Please I need someone that knows much about how the customs duty and other charges work to enlighten and educate me more about it and most especially, advice me on how to go about it.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Make A Real Cash With Your Smart Phone / Batlan Cosmetic /organic Store....... / Investors Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.