Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,505 members, 7,830,518 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 12:54 AM

Two Siblings, Dog Found Dead Inside Refrigerator In Lagos - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Two Siblings, Dog Found Dead Inside Refrigerator In Lagos (45170 Views)

Man Kidnaps & Hides 10-Year-Old Girl In Refrigerator In Kaduna / Youths Burn Imo Police Station Over Killing Of Two Siblings (Photos) / Two Siblings Found Dead With Powder On Their Mouths In Lagos Shop (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Two Siblings, Dog Found Dead Inside Refrigerator In Lagos by capitalzero: 10:09am On Nov 13, 2018
children put puppy inside fridge. 2 kids were playing with pupil as well. father was careless and should be charged to court. I pity the wife.
Re: Two Siblings, Dog Found Dead Inside Refrigerator In Lagos by Mizwisdom(f): 10:10am On Nov 13, 2018
spinna:
Children play I guess. You can see the dog is a puppy.. They should never be unsupervised.. Parents should always be prayerful because it's not easy to always watch.. After all as in this case... One must sleep. Little ones will go str8 back to heaven

The dog didn't bark? the 6 year old didn't push the lid? I hear you. Why did he wait for the wife to discover them? The man looks hungry, check the collar bones. It seems like he killed them deliberately due to hardship

1 Like

Re: Two Siblings, Dog Found Dead Inside Refrigerator In Lagos by teepompay(m): 10:18am On Nov 13, 2018
the father is the number one suspect, this happened in the same area I stay, I learnt the father already threatened to kill the kids and their mother day before the incident..
the man murdered his kids.... rip to the kids, it's so painful and pathetic to see such misery in the same area I live
Re: Two Siblings, Dog Found Dead Inside Refrigerator In Lagos by Elliot2(m): 10:23am On Nov 13, 2018
If u have ever looked after kids,then you would knw hw impossible it is to put an eye on them for every minutes...it is so damn exhausting. And then, children can do d unimaginable even in a minute second ur eyes r off them. It is a sad lose.
Re: Two Siblings, Dog Found Dead Inside Refrigerator In Lagos by olaiyaO: 10:24am On Nov 13, 2018
rip to the death
Re: Two Siblings, Dog Found Dead Inside Refrigerator In Lagos by WINDSOW(m): 10:26am On Nov 13, 2018
INVESTIGATION

1. No sane child will enter into a freezer especially when it is on and chilling.
2. How did the dog enter the freezer?
3. When they entered the freezer and it became cold, didnt they scream their heart out?
4. Didn't the dog bark its heart out?
5. Were the children frozen when brought out of the freezer?
6. And their dad, was he dead in sleep when all of those were happening?

RECOMMENDATION

1. The kids were murdered.
2. Their father is a suspect.
Re: Two Siblings, Dog Found Dead Inside Refrigerator In Lagos by deebrain(m): 10:39am On Nov 13, 2018
I read comments on nairaland and feel for our wickedness and hasty conclusions!

While not ruling out the possibility of a wicked plot by ANYONE, the primary cause will always be children errors.

Anyone that puts a check on the children of this generation will be amazed at their hyper inquisitive nature - even when they have been told the natures of the things they want to by force, by force, know.

Appreciate the opportunity to be vigilant. But sometimes, check out the risks little children will do in the name of playing. (Looking from my little point of view) Looking at the dog, CLEARLY A PUPPY, its all about the little ones, all caught in a play that ran bad! An adult dog will push the lid of the fridge when the temperature goes beyond it and will alert it's neighborhood. But a damn puppy!

This is where the police should do their jobs.

1 Like

Re: Two Siblings, Dog Found Dead Inside Refrigerator In Lagos by Geekamon(m): 10:41am On Nov 13, 2018
The way a freezer was designed makes it impossible for it to be opened from inside. Once it closes, there's a firm of vacuum that you won't be able to overcome if you push outwardly.. Consider the force it takes to even pull with you legs balanced on the ground and arms pivoted.
akanbiaa:
It is clearly a murder case ,the children would have pushed open the refrigerator when it was getting too cold and dog would have barked its heart out, but I suspect they were killed before being kept in the refrigerator.
Re: Two Siblings, Dog Found Dead Inside Refrigerator In Lagos by Nobody: 10:43am On Nov 13, 2018
Hey!!!
Re: Two Siblings, Dog Found Dead Inside Refrigerator In Lagos by Born2Breed(f): 10:43am On Nov 13, 2018
Siesta ke !!!

This man was either high knees his cheap drugs and slept off or he killed the kids.

If a woman could slaughter her husband,kids and eventually kill herself then this won't surprise me as a case of premeditated homicide.
Re: Two Siblings, Dog Found Dead Inside Refrigerator In Lagos by enemyofprogress: 10:48am On Nov 13, 2018
I suspect fowl play
Re: Two Siblings, Dog Found Dead Inside Refrigerator In Lagos by DSoj(m): 11:00am On Nov 13, 2018
JudasNaCarrot:
The man is a suspect.

He should be interrogated very well for the death of those kids and the dog which could also be a diversion.

U have evil mind. U are evil.
Re: Two Siblings, Dog Found Dead Inside Refrigerator In Lagos by CHARLOE(m): 11:05am On Nov 13, 2018
wolesmile:
Is no one suspecting the father?

Let's ask the wife, was there ever a time when arguments as to the paternity of the children was raised?

My thoughts exactly!
Re: Two Siblings, Dog Found Dead Inside Refrigerator In Lagos by DMerciful(m): 11:21am On Nov 13, 2018
I suspect the children were doing hide and seek. And the woman must have see this behaviour before else how did she suspect the freezer?
I remember when I was 6 yrs old, there's this house that was packed out off. There was a naked wire we were touching in turns and receiving shock but we thought it was fun. Only God knows how any of us dint die.

An investigation should be done but I suspect accident. For those of us keeping drums of water at home, ensure it has a lock, children can easily drown in drums or big buckets of water.
Re: Two Siblings, Dog Found Dead Inside Refrigerator In Lagos by chimeziedickson: 11:30am On Nov 13, 2018
Really so sad!.....May their innocent souls rest in peace.
Re: Two Siblings, Dog Found Dead Inside Refrigerator In Lagos by elsse(m): 11:33am On Nov 13, 2018
akanbiaa:
It is clearly a murder case ,the children would have pushed open the refrigerator when it was getting too cold and dog would have barked its heart out, but I suspect they were killed before being kept in the refrigerator.

I have played with a freezer while growing up and it can’t be pushed open from inside easily especially if it was slammed shut....have you imagined the force used to open it from outside sometimes
Re: Two Siblings, Dog Found Dead Inside Refrigerator In Lagos by pimper24: 11:56am On Nov 13, 2018
Ironside2007:
By Lolo Ayaba

Confusion and sadness on Sunday reigned at No. 2, Christian Onoja Street, Igbogbo in Igbogbo-Baiyeku Local Government Development Area of Lagos state when the family of Mr. and Mrs. Michel Ede discovered the bodies of two of their children, Emma Ede 6, and Darasimi Ede 4 years inside their parents’ refrigerator
It was gathered that the Michel Ede the father of the deceased children and his kids were observing their siesta in the afternoon in their apartment with the doors securely locked when the incident occurred. Unfortunately when he woke up at about 2:30PM she met the children inside a deep freezer.

A relative of Mr Ede, “the kids and their father were at home when the incident happened. When he woke up, he and didn’t find his kids he went outside to ask neighbours if they saw his children. His neigbhours said no that they haven’t seen them. They assisted him to search the neighbourhood for the kids but could not find them”.

According to the relative, “the father of the kids is always with the children anytime his wife isn’t around. After searching everywhere, he called his wife who wasn’t at home at the time of the incident. Immediately their mother rushed back from where she went to, she began to search for them inside their apartment. It was their mother that discovered their lifeless body inside the refrigerator.

It was learned that the children were found in perfect frozen condition, as it was clear that they had been there for some time. All efforts to revive them proved abortive, as they were confirmed dead on arrival by the doctor at Briggston Hospital in Selewu, Igbogbo, where the children were taken to.

https://newsbeatsngr.com/two-siblings-dog-found-dead-inside-refrigerator-in-lagos/
the dog could have fallen into the fridge first while they are rough playing with it, then an attempt to rescue it will bring the first boy jumping in and not able to actually help, the second boy would have no option than to join them in the cold Cyber and, In the confusion created, the door would hqve been securely jammed and that's it. What a horrible death. May parent keep proper vigil on their kids and may God help all parents

1 Like

Re: Two Siblings, Dog Found Dead Inside Refrigerator In Lagos by Fastlinkpro: 12:08pm On Nov 13, 2018
JudasNaCarrot:
The man is a suspect.

He should be interrogated very well for the death of those kids and the dog which could also be a diversion.

He is .End of investigation. Even this is what the people around there are saying.
Re: Two Siblings, Dog Found Dead Inside Refrigerator In Lagos by Awoleesu(m): 12:18pm On Nov 13, 2018
Terrible!

And those kids sha!... Why not play in the freezer in those days of epileptic electricity supply... Why now?

God rest their innocent souls.
Re: Two Siblings, Dog Found Dead Inside Refrigerator In Lagos by mrsheddy(m): 1:04pm On Nov 13, 2018
I can bet with my two balls that the father knows what happened to the kids.

Get him arrested and get to the root of the matter.
Re: Two Siblings, Dog Found Dead Inside Refrigerator In Lagos by mrsheddy(m): 1:07pm On Nov 13, 2018
(GRQS)Get rich quick syndrome is destroying Nigeria these days. Nobody wants to work but they want to drive the most expensive car in the world.
Re: Two Siblings, Dog Found Dead Inside Refrigerator In Lagos by Reptyle(m): 1:37pm On Nov 13, 2018
What happened to these children is very heartbreaking and unfortunate.

Coming from someone who almost suffered a similar fate as these poor children while playing hide n' Seek with my siblings and other neighborhood kids, I can almost picture what happened.

I was 5 years old. We used to have this old and disused refrigerator in the garage that I hid inside and locked myself. It was those types you could only open from outside (I guess the manufacturers never envisaged a situation where a naughty boy would lock himself inside it while playing hide n' seek). Anyway, I locked myself in there and when they couldn't find me, my fellow players moved on to another round of the game without me, children that we all were. They must have assumed I ran off to play elsewhere or something.

Luckily for me, my mum suddenly noticed I wasn't in the company of the other kids anymore so she asked for my whereabouts and was informed I had somehow run off to play elsewhere. This piqued my mum's interest because I was the youngest of the bunch so she launched a search for me, checking everywhere in and around the house. When she didn't find me, she raised alarm and thus commenced a neighborhood search that I learned lasted for over an hour. All this while this drama was going on, I was lying inside the refrigerator having passed out from lack of oxygen.

Thankfully, a member of the search party decided to take another cursory examination of the garage that had been converted to a store for my mum's sewing machines (she was a tailor in her lifetime. God rest her soul) as well as other junk materials including this old and dead refrigerator. As providence will have it, he just decided to open the refrigerator, not really expecting to find anything inside but behold: out tumbled my inert body after about 2 hours in the cramped interior of the fridge.

Well as my mum told me the story, I was rushed to the hospital after the neighborhood "Aunty Nurse" failed in her bid to revive me. Thankfully, the doctors at the hospital fared better, and that was how I was literarily snatched from the jaws of death in the nick of time.

Needless to add that my siblings bore my mum's wrath with some nice floggings seeing she couldn't vent her anger on me, "the innocent victim of their foolishness" that I was. They still bear that grudge against me till this day and wont let me hear the last of it. If we are all sitting somewhere and I disappear for a minute, you will hear, "Hope that silly boy hasn't gone and locked himself inside the fridge again o!" cheesy cheesy

Also, the garage was purged of all the useless junk items stashed there and the access door was firmly locked.

As a parent today, I'm extremely finicky about my children's safety around the house. I can't shout abeg!

1 Like

Re: Two Siblings, Dog Found Dead Inside Refrigerator In Lagos by 9ja083: 1:56pm On Nov 13, 2018
May be their father was about to flog them the have to hide
Re: Two Siblings, Dog Found Dead Inside Refrigerator In Lagos by aremu1965: 2:16pm On Nov 13, 2018
That is a very careless father, slept of while children were playing.
Re: Two Siblings, Dog Found Dead Inside Refrigerator In Lagos by Mankosi: 2:38pm On Nov 13, 2018
They should suspect the wife instead of the Father. ..how did the wife know they are inside fridge....she must have been told when she came back that the rooms had been searched. So why did she start searching the house all over again..and now search the fridge too?....if possible she knows they are there.
Re: Two Siblings, Dog Found Dead Inside Refrigerator In Lagos by wonyi: 2:44pm On Nov 13, 2018
akanbiaa:

There are some refrigerators/freezers that once you close it takes time or hard pull to open.
The minors may not have such strength. Boys play recklessly.

NOT ALSO DENYING IT MAY NOT BE A MURDER CASE. ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE
Re: Two Siblings, Dog Found Dead Inside Refrigerator In Lagos by arnold123: 3:19pm On Nov 13, 2018
Ironside2007:
By Lolo Ayaba

Confusion and sadness on Sunday reigned at No. 2, Christian Onoja Street, Igbogbo in Igbogbo-Baiyeku Local Government Development Area of Lagos state when the family of Mr. and Mrs. Michel Ede discovered the bodies of two of their children, Emma Ede 6, and Darasimi Ede 4 years inside their parents’ refrigerator
It was gathered that the Michel Ede the father of the deceased children and his kids were observing their siesta in the afternoon in their apartment with the doors securely locked when the incident occurred. Unfortunately when he woke up at about 2:30PM she met the children inside a deep freezer.

A relative of Mr Ede, “the kids and their father were at home when the incident happened. When he woke up, he and didn’t find his kids he went outside to ask neighbours if they saw his children. His neigbhours said no that they haven’t seen them. They assisted him to search the neighbourhood for the kids but could not find them”.

According to the relative, “the father of the kids is always with the children anytime his wife isn’t around. After searching everywhere, he called his wife who wasn’t at home at the time of the incident. Immediately their mother rushed back from where she went to, she began to search for them inside their apartment. It was their mother that discovered their lifeless body inside the refrigerator.

It was learned that the children were found in perfect frozen condition, as it was clear that they had been there for some time. All efforts to revive them proved abortive, as they were confirmed dead on arrival by the doctor at Briggston Hospital in Selewu, Igbogbo, where the children were taken to.

https://newsbeatsngr.com/two-siblings-dog-found-dead-inside-refrigerator-in-lagos/
why would you want to leave little children like that unattended in the house under any circumstances? Its now God's fault abi?
Re: Two Siblings, Dog Found Dead Inside Refrigerator In Lagos by delishpot: 7:49pm On Nov 13, 2018
lifenajeje:

We don't know the type of freezer if its the standing or deep one

But children are involved in lots of activities that are harmful die to their curiosity..

My son @ age 3 was always going to open the stand freezer then close the door against himself but thank God his body was a wedge preventing the door from shutting properly ..

It became a habit for him ..

Till his mother had to start using the freezer key

Now he loves sleeping on tiled floor when ever he is hot..

I have complained to doctors but was told its his comfort zone..

God help us o. Children will not give person Hbp. I just find it strange that they all packed into the freezer with their dog. Haba a deep freezer at that. God help us. That was why I had to beg my kids never to joke near the cooker esp the oven o. After I heard of a child that grilled his baby sister when mom was not home. He thought it would be fun to put his sis inside and turn the knob. May God help us.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lisa Venison: 'Apostle Love Judah Has Sex With Members' Wives, Threesomes' / Soldier Beats A Businessman At Aba Night Club For Allowing His Body Touch Him / Man Arrested For Touching A Woman’s Boobs And Bum In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.