Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,188 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:43 AM

Buhari's Government Has Delivered Visible Results On Power - Fashola - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari's Government Has Delivered Visible Results On Power - Fashola (10370 Views)

Shehu Sani Knocks Buhari Over Claim That He Has Delivered The Change Promised / Buhari: APC Has Delivered On All Electoral Promises Made To Nigerians / Abdullahi Adamu: APC Has Delivered The Change It Promised (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari's Government Has Delivered Visible Results On Power - Fashola by poscabafash: 8:32am On Nov 13, 2018
Minister of Power, Works and Housing, Mr Babatunde Fashola said the Buhari Government has fulfilled its promise of power supply through generation of additional electricity to Nigerians since 2015.
Fashola spoke at a news conference in Abuja on Monday.

Fashola, who presented his third year progress report said federal government at inception of the current administration promised to improve electricity supply via incremental, stable and ultimately uninterrupted power supply.

“With regard to our mandate on power supply, I promised that we will improve on the gas supply, increase the transmission capacity, pay Ministry Departments and Agency (MDA) debts and generally improve your experience with power supply.

“First by getting incremental power, then proceed to stable power and hopefully reach uninterrupted power.
“I am happy to report that we have walked our talk, and we have delivered visible results and recorded qualitative progress.“

He said government had improved on what it met in 2015 by increasing generation from 4000MW to 7000MW, transmission from 5000MW to 7000MW and distribution from 2,690MW to 5,222MW.
According to the minister, efforts were still on to deliver additional power to Nigerians.

“Our work is clearly not finished, and we are still in the process of delivering additional generation from Kaduna power plant, 215MW, Afam IV plant, 240MW, Kashimbilla 40MW, Gurara 30MW, Dadinkowa 29MW.“
He said government was also in final stage of providing power supply to nine universities and 15 markets.

Fashola said two big hydro power plants of 700MW in Zungeru and 3,050MW in Mambilla were also work-in-progress.

The Minister said to further improve transmission of power, 90 transmission projects were on-going across the nation with recent completion of Apo, Mayo Belwa, Damaturu, Maiduguri, Odogunyan and Ejigbo transmission lines.

On construction of distribution infrastructure, Fashola said over 100 injection sub-stations was been constructed, adding that a distribution expansion programme to be funded by the federal government had reached advanced state of procurement.

He, however noted that there were still Nigerians who were yet to be supplied electricity, adding that government and all the value chain operators were making efforts to deliver power to Nigerians.

“Although there are still people, we have not reached, although there are still disruptions from time to time, and although there are still people who also need meters, we are working to reach them.
“But it is indisputable that we have delivered on incremental power.

“The evidence of our progress is not only captured in the last quarter of the National Bureau of Statistics (NBS) report for Q2 of 2018 which shows a growth of 7.5 per cent in the electricity sector.

“Previous quarterly reports from 2017, have consistently recorded growth, a clear departure from 2014, 2015 and proof of change.“

Fashola said the report of the ministry’s survey and feedback mechanism confirmed that many Nigerians now have public power for longer hours compared to 2015.

“And you now run generators for shorter periods compared to 2015 and you now spend less money on diesel to power your generators.

“As some citizens recently reported, they no longer have to iron all their clothes one week in advance as they previously used to do.

“Because the supply is proving reliable and predictable even if not yet fully stable and uninterrupted.
“This is progress that we must move forward by consolidating on our mandate of change, we cannot go back.

“As our policies on mini grids, Meter Asset Provider (MAP) Eligible Customer and liquidity sustenance and improved governance deepens, your experience with power supply can only get better,“ he said.

http://www.nigerianeye.com/2018/11/buharis-government-has-delivered.html?m=0

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari's Government Has Delivered Visible Results On Power - Fashola by ChrisMafian: 8:35am On Nov 13, 2018
Buhari has really done well in terms of power.
Some rogues in PDP stole $16b meant for power for 8 years.

29 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Buhari's Government Has Delivered Visible Results On Power - Fashola by alsudan: 8:36am On Nov 13, 2018
I have 24 hours electricity in my area crew will soon lash on this thread, even though the electricity situation has never been worse throughout the country like we have it today. The Minister of Darkness seems clearly overwhelmed.

117 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Buhari's Government Has Delivered Visible Results On Power - Fashola by Racoon(m): 8:37am On Nov 13, 2018
Guess after "to provide 24 hours electricity is not rocket science" have now changed "to provide electricity is not by magic"? Continue over-hyped wonder SAN power minister.

98 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari's Government Has Delivered Visible Results On Power - Fashola by Shelumiel: 8:38am On Nov 13, 2018
For how long will this government continue to ride on propaganda . There is no stable power supply anywhere. And here in Niger state we barely receive up to 6hours of power supply !

78 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari's Government Has Delivered Visible Results On Power - Fashola by realtyson: 8:39am On Nov 13, 2018
lipsrsealed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Government Has Delivered Visible Results On Power - Fashola by Nbote(m): 8:44am On Nov 13, 2018
Lolzzz.. I think I like how confused dis govt always sounds
Let's take a look at dis

In a telephone interview with TheCable, Joy Ogaji, executive secretary of Association of Power Generating Companies (APGC), said generation companies have an installed capacity of 13,000 megawatts; 7,500MW is available while the actual capacity that gets to Nigerian homes is 3, 968MW.

Ogaji

“Our available capacity is 7,500 megawatts, but due to transmission and distribution problem, the actual generation is 3,968 megawatts as at November 6 (Tuesday). Last week it was about 2000 megawatts. At some point last week, it was below 2000.”

In a note made available to THISDAY, she reiterated why the sector needs dependable data on its operations collected and kept for practical decisions and actions.

IMMINENT COLLAPSE?

Amidst all these, analysts say the sector is facing an impending collapse as it records more losses despite the billions of naira being invested into it.

From January 1 to June 5, 2018, data from the advisory power team in the office of Vice-President Yemi Osinbajo showed that the sector lost N201bn revenue, and by August, it increased to N324.3bn.
https://www.thecable.ng/adesina-says-4500mw-lai-claims-7000mw-what-exactly-is-nigerias-power-generation-capacity

GavelSlam:
Only a hypocrite would deny that power supply has improved.

BEDC people I'm not talking about you.

Read dis ur post again very well and look in d mirror, what U see is d hypocrite U talked about

46 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari's Government Has Delivered Visible Results On Power - Fashola by GavelSlam: 9:06am On Nov 13, 2018
Only a hypocrite would deny that power supply has improved.

BEDC people I'm not talking about you.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Government Has Delivered Visible Results On Power - Fashola by Nobody: 9:08am On Nov 13, 2018
Abeg who help me see the light wey Buhari improve ?

Propaganda and APC be like bread and butter.

51 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari's Government Has Delivered Visible Results On Power - Fashola by internationalman(m): 9:08am On Nov 13, 2018
May thunder strike your generation there.

We've not had light for close to 2 weeks now in my area...

Thank God those eiyeh boys are back from Libya; I just pray they carry lather to come and cut wire...

RIP to them in advance

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Government Has Delivered Visible Results On Power - Fashola by MetroBaba1(m): 9:09am On Nov 13, 2018
alsudan:
I have 24 hours electricity in my area crew will soon lash on this thread, even though the electricity situation has never been worse throughout the country like we have it today. The Minister of Darkness seems clearly overwhelmed.

Wait For Them

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Government Has Delivered Visible Results On Power - Fashola by solihu(m): 9:12am On Nov 13, 2018
grin

3 Likes

Re: Buhari's Government Has Delivered Visible Results On Power - Fashola by doctokwus: 9:24am On Nov 13, 2018
This overhyped minister.
Soon as I saw fashola given 3 portfolios was when I knew Buhari didn't have a clue on what it meant to govern.
He just heard the overwhelming propaganda that Fashola did well as Lagos governor,then pronto,he gave him 3 unconnected,serious portfolios.
Well,the power sector,as well as roads and housing has exposed fashola as the average governor he was.

48 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari's Government Has Delivered Visible Results On Power - Fashola by poscabafash: 9:48am On Nov 13, 2018
wizzyrich:
Abeg who help me see the light wey Buhari improve ?

Propaganda and APC be like bread and butter.

Are you sure you are living in Nigeria?

6 Likes

Re: Buhari's Government Has Delivered Visible Results On Power - Fashola by ZKOSOSO(m): 9:50am On Nov 13, 2018
Minister of Darkness wee not kee pesin with lies..!

In Abuja here, Aso Drive area beside Aso Villa has been in darkness in working hours for weeks now. ..or months.

We don't have up 2500MW nationwide for distribution.

What a failure..?

48 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari's Government Has Delivered Visible Results On Power - Fashola by cyril10(m): 9:59am On Nov 13, 2018
No light oga propaganda.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari's Government Has Delivered Visible Results On Power - Fashola by Nobody: 10:00am On Nov 13, 2018
ChrisMafian:
Do you have Light now in your Place
as for me no Light now in Oshodi

24 Likes

Re: Buhari's Government Has Delivered Visible Results On Power - Fashola by Magalan: 10:20am On Nov 13, 2018
We praised Barth Nnaji..
We praised fashola sometime in 2015..

Light situation is far worse than both periods, how do you even claim better light when distributed MW never increased..

31 Likes

Re: Buhari's Government Has Delivered Visible Results On Power - Fashola by speedyGonzales: 10:21am On Nov 13, 2018
electricity is worst in my area and the cost have ballooned. one day in the end of the month, i see light.
- thanks minister of darkness, bigotry and fraud, may this attributes follow all your generation

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Government Has Delivered Visible Results On Power - Fashola by Promismike(m): 10:55am On Nov 13, 2018
Sure
Re: Buhari's Government Has Delivered Visible Results On Power - Fashola by NaijaOlosho(f): 10:55am On Nov 13, 2018
E no dey move us again

We are use to all these lies grin

13 Likes

Re: Buhari's Government Has Delivered Visible Results On Power - Fashola by VaselineCrew: 10:55am On Nov 13, 2018
These guys just throw out lie like no mans business.

7,000MW, lol, something that you only hit once, you are now shouting up and down.

It's like on Jan 1st, you generate 7,000MW, then on the remaining 364 days of the year, you generate 3000MW, what would the average be? Abi Fashola doesn't understand simply average? I guess basic math might be far from the realm of a SAN.

Even a kid in primary school can read the graph below and see what our average power supply has been in recent days

mtcheeew undecided

17 Likes

Re: Buhari's Government Has Delivered Visible Results On Power - Fashola by Gilthunder: 10:56am On Nov 13, 2018
Re: Buhari's Government Has Delivered Visible Results On Power - Fashola by richidinho(m): 10:56am On Nov 13, 2018
To copy this joke press 1

or

type "fashola" to 419

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Government Has Delivered Visible Results On Power - Fashola by Alepa(m): 10:56am On Nov 13, 2018
This is nothing but the truth!
Sai baba

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Government Has Delivered Visible Results On Power - Fashola by sotall(m): 10:56am On Nov 13, 2018
Not again

With all the darkness everywhere
Re: Buhari's Government Has Delivered Visible Results On Power - Fashola by michoim(m): 10:56am On Nov 13, 2018
Yes ooo
Re: Buhari's Government Has Delivered Visible Results On Power - Fashola by Sincinnati: 10:56am On Nov 13, 2018
Fashola is a resounding failure in the power sector.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Government Has Delivered Visible Results On Power - Fashola by udemzyudex(m): 10:56am On Nov 13, 2018
ChrisMafian:

Keep deceiving yourself and the gullible ones like you.

He has done well and nothing to show, how many megawatts did they promise to add yearly?

Nonsense talk as usual from zombies.

11 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Chukwuebuka Trending On Twitter / Is This The Same North ,that Is Fighting Terrorism —pics / Shell’s $3.5 Billion Assa Gas Plant In Imo Set To Kick-off

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.