Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,657 members, 7,820,292 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:39 PM

Ezekwesili-"my Government Will Solve Nigeria's 7 Monstrous Problems". - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ezekwesili-"my Government Will Solve Nigeria's 7 Monstrous Problems". (242 Views)

There Are Deliberate Attempts To Cripple My Government - Fubara Cries Out / Soludo: My Government Will Empower One Million Youths Annually / Buhari: My Government Will Rid Nigeria Of Bandits, Terrorists, Criminals (2) (3) (4)

(1)

Ezekwesili-"my Government Will Solve Nigeria's 7 Monstrous Problems". by Erazzor(m): 9:07am On Nov 13, 2018
Obiageli ‘Oby’ Ezekwesili, the presidential candidate of the Allied Congress Party of Nigeria, has identified and proffered solutions to seven "monstrous challenges" facing Nigeria.

This was part of her policy speech, which she read out to the media, on Monday in Lagos.

Ezekwesili, who was Nigeria’s former Minister of Education as well as Solid Minerals, also reiterated her call on Nigerians to reject the All Progressives Congress and the Peoples Democratic Party in 2019.

She said, "There are seven monstrous challenges that I see holding us down. To solve each of them would need bold, visionary leadership and hardwork from an intelligent government:

"Too little productivity and competitiveness of the Nigerian economy: For a nation of our size and our potentials, our low real Gross Domestic Product of $375.77bb after 58 years of independence is terribly underwhelming. Unlike China which grew in double digits over almost three decades to become a $14tn GDP economy, Nigeria’s growth has been trapped in cycles of boom and bust in the classic evidence of oil price volatility and effects of Dutch disease. We need a bold economic vision to define a pathway of double digit inclusive economic growth over the next decade. That is exactly what an ACPN administration will ensure.

"Too much poverty and inequality: Extreme poverty in Nigeria is increasing by nearly 6 people every minute. In the time it will take me to deliver my speech today, about 250 Nigerians would have become extremely poor. Think about that for a second. But that is not even the worst part. According to the World Poverty Clock, if the current trends continue - or to put it another way, if we continue to elect this poverty-bringing APC / PDP leadership, the number of people living in extreme poverty in Nigeria would increase from about 88 million today to 120 million in 2030.

“That means that in the next 12 years, over 30 million more Nigerians will join the infamous number of extremely poor people who live on less than N700 per day. ......https://www.erazzor.com/ezekwesili-my-government-will-solve-nigerias-7-monstrous-problems/
https://www.erazzor.com/ezekwesili-my-government-will-solve-nigerias-7-monstrous-problems/
https://www.erazzor.com/ezekwesili-my-government-will-solve-nigerias-7-monstrous-problems/
Re: Ezekwesili-"my Government Will Solve Nigeria's 7 Monstrous Problems". by Mynd44: 9:12am On Nov 13, 2018
Re: Ezekwesili-"my Government Will Solve Nigeria's 7 Monstrous Problems". by Mynd44: 9:12am On Nov 13, 2018

(1)

Senate Adjourns For One Week Over Low Turnout Of Lawmakers / Young Boy Dies During Cult Battle In Anambra State / "We'll End Hunger, Bad Governance By APC" - Atiku Promises Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.