Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,267 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:55 AM

I’m For State Police, Stronger States, Says Osinbajo - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’m For State Police, Stronger States, Says Osinbajo (9740 Views)

FLASHBACK: ESN Operatives Will Soon Invade Northern States, Says IPOB / Buhari To Campaign In 36 States, Says He Will Win / Enugu Is One Of Nigeria’s Most Peaceful States, Says Smith, PSC Chairman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I’m For State Police, Stronger States, Says Osinbajo by Buharimustgo: 6:29pm On Nov 13, 2018
This man is very cunny,since the past 3years you were not for state police and stronger states till election time,may thunder from sango blow your head,you think Nigerians are fools
Re: I’m For State Police, Stronger States, Says Osinbajo by CodeTemplar: 6:31pm On Nov 13, 2018
SarkinYarki:
I hope you know your boss Buhari is 100 percent against state police
The people his boss represent already have a state police in form of hisbah and a bendable constitution in form of the quran. What's left for them now is to strengthen their population base, dominate the defence and money spinning sectors, then dictate as they please.

2 Likes

Re: I’m For State Police, Stronger States, Says Osinbajo by omooba969(m): 6:33pm On Nov 13, 2018
Beaten:
Osibanjo saying things that's not a pressing issue. State Police or federal police is that why everybody is broke in Nigeria? Everyone is lamenting and things getting costlier. I went to buy fuel today. N600 cannot reach anywhere. And nobody says nothing about it. You are Just distracting us with confusing topics.

The billions in Nigeria what are you people using it for? Npower but PHCN is zero. Fix light first.

It doesn't look like there's hardship in Nigeria with the rate at which people throw parties every weekend, even club thingz, sweet boiz & slay queens are good examples.

Nairaland bears me witness. grin
Re: I’m For State Police, Stronger States, Says Osinbajo by Ikidons(m): 6:37pm On Nov 13, 2018
This our pastor of a VP self. The last time I checked, he signed a contract as the 'oga' of NEMA and something went wrong. Now he is saying what directly contradicts the opinions of his 'oga'. I'm not suprised though. What would one expect from a Jihadist president and a clergy vice president? It's like this two would fall apart after 2019 election.
Re: I’m For State Police, Stronger States, Says Osinbajo by Ikidons(m): 6:43pm On Nov 13, 2018
omooba969:

It doesn't look like there's hardship in Nigeria with the rate at which people throw parties every weekend, even club thingz, sweet boiz & slay queens are good examples.

Nairaland bears me witness. grin
Forget that one bro. Even for burial self people d eat, drink and dance. Moreover, Naija as we all know na 'suffering and smiling'. Abi you know understand?
Re: I’m For State Police, Stronger States, Says Osinbajo by Kingspin(m): 6:52pm On Nov 13, 2018
Vice President Yemi Osinbajo get sense at all? the whole thing he is saying is all about the same restructuring. State police, strong state and the rest are under the idea of restructuring
Re: I’m For State Police, Stronger States, Says Osinbajo by blesssingtime(m): 6:52pm On Nov 13, 2018
This our pastor of a VP self. The last time I checked, he signed a contract as the 'oga' of NEMA and something went wrong. Now he is saying what directly contradicts the opinions of his 'oga'. I'm not suprised though. What would one expect from a Jihadist president and a clergy vice president? It's like this two would fall apart after 2019 election.
Re: I’m For State Police, Stronger States, Says Osinbajo by abbakacici: 7:15pm On Nov 13, 2018
BabaO2:
stop your always no sense talk. State police has always been on the agenda and manifesto of APC right from ACN days.
#State police
#Independent power generation
#Genuine resources restructuring NOT the one Jonathan hurriedly introduced in election year as a populist idea to curry favour
fiscal structuring is possible but state police is not possible in Nigeria because we hate each other so much it will definitely lead to another civil war
Re: I’m For State Police, Stronger States, Says Osinbajo by efighter: 7:19pm On Nov 13, 2018
mbaboy:
A pastor that speaks from both sides of the mouth �that one na pastor?

No, he is not a pastor, rather he is a Biafran lord and saviour.
Re: I’m For State Police, Stronger States, Says Osinbajo by selfmade22: 7:33pm On Nov 13, 2018
SpecialAdviser:
No iota of integrity. Today they say this, tomorrow they change tone.

Why have u not been vocal all these while.
is normal with AFONJAAAAASS! going to church with dia juju is normal grin
Re: I’m For State Police, Stronger States, Says Osinbajo by surgical: 7:37pm On Nov 13, 2018
lloyds:
One thing Youi know about Osibanjo is that he is very intelligent and sound. He is a fast thinker and i see him as someone that can lead Nigeria to greater things.

Far better than Saraki, Buhari, Atiku etc. Respect to him.
you know you are deceiving your self but continue, this same osinbajo or another one
Re: I’m For State Police, Stronger States, Says Osinbajo by surgical: 7:42pm On Nov 13, 2018
Guyman02:
Osinbade, if you are for state police yet send the bill to National Assembly for passage, stop trying to deceive us a second time sad
Don't mind the idiot,if they believe in it they should start implimenting it now to show good faith anything short of that is another round of deceit like they did in 2015 think they are smarter than all of us and can therefore take us for a ride anytime they so wish

1 Like

Re: I’m For State Police, Stronger States, Says Osinbajo by orisa37: 7:43pm On Nov 13, 2018
Home @last. 2000 kudos for your support.
Re: I’m For State Police, Stronger States, Says Osinbajo by AKswift: 7:58pm On Nov 13, 2018
Prof., your usage of the term ’Stronger State’ is ambiguous. Please, can you state what you meant in details?
Re: I’m For State Police, Stronger States, Says Osinbajo by Jebosh(m): 8:41pm On Nov 13, 2018
I think they should sign and convert peace corp to state police,no need of starting another bill from the scratch. They are not ready to create employment but prefer to be giving peanut as salary to N-POWER and 10k to market woman,that can't and will never reduced poverty and unemployment.
Re: I’m For State Police, Stronger States, Says Osinbajo by Softhands(m): 9:12pm On Nov 13, 2018
Go and see what state police is doing in the US... this federal policing still dey ok o... All they need is create comand centres closer to the people and have a decicated team for their welfare.
irepnaija4eva:
LAGOS — Vice President Yemi Osinbajo has restated that he is an advocate of fiscal federalism, stronger state governments and state police.

Mr Osinbajo made this submission while delivering the 40th Anniversary Lecture of the Association of Friends on Monday in Lagos.

He reiterated his stance that good governance was what Nigeria needed rather than geographical restructuring.

“I have been an advocate, both in court and outside, of fiscal federalism and stronger state governments. I have argued in favour of state police, for the simple reason that policing is a local function.

“You simply cannot effectively police Nigeria from Abuja. Only recently, I made a point that stronger, more autonomous states would effectively eradicate poverty.”

Prof. Osinbajo’s stance on stronger states and state police is at variance with that of President Muhammadu Buhari who has publicly opposed state police.

President Buhari’s non-commitment to state police and stronger states, components of a restructuring of the federation demanded by many Nigerians, is believed to have influenced the lack of action by the ruling party, APC, on the matter.

Although a committee set up by the APC, following public outcry, submitted its report, the ruling party has failed to act on it.

Despite the inaction of the presidency and the ruling party on restructuring Nigeria, Prof. Osinbajo has, however, continued to restate his support for major aspects of restructuring. He recently engaged in a public debate with former vice president, Atiku Abubakar on the latter’s commitment to restructuring.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/11/im-for-state-police-stronger-states-says-osinbajo/
Re: I’m For State Police, Stronger States, Says Osinbajo by aghogho62: 9:52pm On Nov 13, 2018
Any Government That Is Against Restructuring Will Not Smell Aso Rock Next Election Because This Country Must Be Restructure.
Re: I’m For State Police, Stronger States, Says Osinbajo by VULCAN(m): 10:07pm On Nov 13, 2018
He is not running for President

Stop drifting and stay on point

lloyds:
One thing i know about Osibanjo is that he is very intelligent and sound. He is a fast thinker and i see him as someone that can lead Nigeria to greater things.

Far better than Saraki, Buhari, Atiku etc. Respect to him.
Re: I’m For State Police, Stronger States, Says Osinbajo by biztip: 10:29pm On Nov 13, 2018
its too late

Re: I’m For State Police, Stronger States, Says Osinbajo by precious1967(m): 10:32pm On Nov 13, 2018
Give us restructuring please
Re: I’m For State Police, Stronger States, Says Osinbajo by Nobody: 11:36pm On Nov 13, 2018
irepnaija4eva:
LAGOS — Vice President Yemi Osinbajo has restated that he is an advocate of fiscal federalism, stronger state governments and state police.

Mr Osinbajo made this submission while delivering the 40th Anniversary Lecture of the Association of Friends on Monday in Lagos.

He reiterated his stance that good governance was what Nigeria needed rather than geographical restructuring.

“I have been an advocate, both in court and outside, of fiscal federalism and stronger state governments. I have argued in favour of state police, for the simple reason that policing is a local function.

“You simply cannot effectively police Nigeria from Abuja. Only recently, I made a point that stronger, more autonomous states would effectively eradicate poverty.”

Prof. Osinbajo’s stance on stronger states and state police is at variance with that of President Muhammadu Buhari who has publicly opposed state police.

President Buhari’s non-commitment to state police and stronger states, components of a restructuring of the federation demanded by many Nigerians, is believed to have influenced the lack of action by the ruling party, APC, on the matter.

Although a committee set up by the APC, following public outcry, submitted its report, the ruling party has failed to act on it.

Despite the inaction of the presidency and the ruling party on restructuring Nigeria, Prof. Osinbajo has, however, continued to restate his support for major aspects of restructuring. He recently engaged in a public debate with former vice president, Atiku Abubakar on the latter’s commitment to restructuring.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/11/im-for-state-police-stronger-states-says-osinbajo/

dont tell us what ur for, Goan make it happen
Re: I’m For State Police, Stronger States, Says Osinbajo by Modarun(m): 4:08am On Nov 14, 2018
No body cares what you say anymore, what was your comment when Chikdren were slaughtered in the Ncentral? Silence, What was you comment when You media aide said its better for Nigerians to surrender their ancestrial lands than be killed, cos after all what use is a land to a dead man. You are not only pathetic but shameless to now trun round to say you want the opposite of all you have been defending the past 3and half years. Pastor you are a fraud.
Re: I’m For State Police, Stronger States, Says Osinbajo by PortHardcore: 7:36am On Nov 14, 2018
That's the second idea the presidency stole from Sowore:
Sowore said he wanted state police:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWIkQRJEAbU

That interview was back in June!

Sowore said regions should enjoy the revenue from their resources.
He also said states should have their own police.

(1) (2) (Reply)

NHRC Asks IGP To End Police’s Siege On Melaye’s House / Chris Ngige Joins 2023 Presidential Race / Omisore Alleges Cover-up By Osun INEC Over Suspended Officials!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.