Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,095 members, 7,814,852 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:54 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 - Travel (126) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 (821163 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) ... (511) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by iamkunski: 4:36pm On Nov 30, 2018
AOR : 30th November, 2018.

Godspeed!!!

37 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by joo2018: 4:37pm On Nov 30, 2018
Congrats my dear sis!
Newmum0615:
Finally dropped my resignation letter this morning. Whew! Mixed emotions.

Canada is calling my name. Speak Trudeau, your subject is listening.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by iaatmguy(m): 4:39pm On Nov 30, 2018
smslive2:
I think i can KNEEL DOWN to correct this assertion... It sounds untrue to me but then every case is unique.
How does paying for 2 accommodation sounds? Cost saving yea?

you could as well SLEEP to think you can correct my opinion, you can,lol, you do know: some landlords would not rent a one room apartment to a family of three right? a man could stay in a shared apartment right? and if you don't like the neighbourhood you move,
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by ysteph: 4:43pm On Nov 30, 2018
Some can eat but have no food....
Some have food but cannot eat......
Meanwhile, except you saw the ITA, the person may be telling lies...because i cannot understand the cluelessness (if there is a word like this).

Obi1conte:
It's just scary how people take a life changing decision and just feel they would wobble and stumble to their goal.
I met someone today by chance who got ITA yesterday but knows little or nothing about the process.
No passport for kids yet
No POF
He ddn't know he is not suppose 2 spend from POF when he finally gathers it
Hasn't booked medical appointment yet
Wondering how he would get his ref letter from his employer (and he isn't the PA ooo)
Thought PR would come after 60days, he didn't know you start counting after AOR
I was just like waoh!!!
Then he said he was using an agent based in canada like that was an excuse for his ignorance

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by iaatmguy(m): 4:43pm On Nov 30, 2018
gook:

Wrong mentality IMO...You gotta believe and plan properly.You dived too much into the negative sides and totally turned blind eye to the positive side and what good luck can offer.what happened to both getting good/fair enough jobs within a short time frame??
Also,no sensible person would think it's a fashion walkway stroll especially for fams at first but at times you gotta do what you gotta do.
ok,
did you factor in the fact that, most occupations are regulated ?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by joo2018: 4:47pm On Nov 30, 2018
As long as the school was not in Canada, you are good to go.

The date you became qualified to teach is the day of your B.Sc graduation.
harquick:
I have something here to share with you guys here and seek advice. I started my MSc in 2011 and during the course of my studying for my MSc i had a teaching job in Jan 2013. During my studies i was not on study leave i combined my work with my studies. But I finally graduated in 2015. Please i want to ask if Canada immigration accept working and schooling. Or do I need a letter of explanation when I finally submit my application for express entry.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by jelmusboy(m): 4:47pm On Nov 30, 2018
Can't wait to meet you

Newmum0615:
Finally dropped my resignation letter this morning. Whew! Mixed emotions.

Canada is calling my name. Speak Trudeau, your subject is listening.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by iaatmguy(m): 4:47pm On Nov 30, 2018
[quote author=Newmum0615 post=73437795][/quote] your opinion
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by akinlad: 4:48pm On Nov 30, 2018
Hello peeps, please a clarification on this: I upgraded my ECA done with WES which was evaluated as 2certificates. Wondering what ECA certificate no I should use for the 1st degree evaluated. Should I use the new ECA? Please note I have already created my profile before the upgrade ,
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by joo2018: 4:58pm On Nov 30, 2018
Everybody has to weigh the cost-benefit. Hustle and get through it together or try for one spouse to make it first at the risk of the marriage.

The system has a lot of cushions to help out. The kids are covered for school: free education. Provinces have a sort of benefit paid to stay-at-home mums. If your family income is too low, you still qualify for some benefits, etc. Hospital costs are covered (though not drugs) etc.

The critical period is before 4-5yrs when kindergarten starts. I know of a couple with young kids. The hubby does shift work. So during the day, the wife goes to work and he babysits. The wife come back in the evening and he goes to work at night. I prefer that to the separation option. At least the family is hustling together.
iaatmguy:
dont know how to compose this but just my opinion
FOR COUPLES GOING WITH CHILD(REN), please and please try to plan your settling down in canada, e.g the family should do a soft landing, then the wife and the child(ren) could come back to Nigeria to continue working, for like a year plus, maximum a year plus . the husband sh(c)ould go and hustle, familiarize for the family lol. why this? settling down with children can be very daunting, due to high cost of daycare, challenges of renting an apartment, cost of transportation e.t.c. but with one person it is less costly, when the husband is settled fairly, then the family would come join (i have factored in cost of flying). but if the family stays together in CA, proof of funds would be tampered with heavily and might set some folks into panic mode. because one MIGHT not get a dream job immediately. just my two cents. I STAND TO BE CORRECTED

33 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by philip2014(m): 5:01pm On Nov 30, 2018
Thanks, Adepojuphilip@gmail.com
boco2126:
On this IELTS issue...my two cents.

1. Stick to a FEW practice materials! The number of materials for IELTS that we see on a daily on this thread can be overwhelming. Try out only a few and stick to the one that resonates with you. Don't use ieltsliz, Jay, Cambridge, ieltsadvantage, road2ielts etc at the same time (some of these peope don't agree on the same approach and reading all can get really confusing). If you try one and it sits well with you, ditch others. Focus on that one and be a master of it. I almost got overwhelmed at some point, because l wanted to open every link or try every material l saw here. But l had to give myself brain oh.

2. Practise everyday. No excuses. Create the time. Even at work, you can use your lunch break to practise. Instead of listening to music or radio on your way to work, listen to your downloaded tips on writing, speaking, reading, listening. When walking down the streets, have an earpiece on (l hate this, but we can make sacrifices for one month abi?) and keep LISTENING. At weekends, practice speaking with your wife/husband, friend, son/daughter etc. Write out questions and tell them to ask you (under exam conditions). I finished a WHOLE 30 leaves notebook for listening practice (yeah l work an 8 to 5 and live on the mainland with my office on the island -remember, no excuses!). Always check your wrong answers and replay those portions and find out what you didn't hear properly. I used youtube for listening/speaking/reading.

3. There's this ielts expert too, one Ryan (cannot remember his surname) that l think is underrated. I used his tips for writing. He talks about 15 sentences max for writing. 3 paragraphs with 4 sentences and the closing paragraph should have 3 sentences. This keeps you in check and you already know what to write before the exam, all you will be waiting for on the ielts day is the topic given! I can share his materials if you drop your email address.
For writing, write letter and essays! Don't read what someone else wrote. Write yours too. Some people practise writing by reading another's work -WRONG! write yours too and compare. Minimum letters to write on different topics - 10. Minimum essays - 20. Revise your work and look for better ways to reconstruct your sentences. I suggest you write with pencil on your exam day so you can erase if need be.

4. For reading - use youtube. It also has a timer, so practice using the time and don't stop the timer or pause the video. The easiest comprehension in reading are the first two. Spend less time there. Say 5 mins tops for each. You do not need to UNDERSTAND nada. Just look at the instructions (very important), then the questions, then scroll through the passages for the answers. You need all your time for the last two passages. They are more technical.

5. For speaking - Be confident, relaxed and know your basic english and introduction (see ieltsliz). See this as an interview. We all attend interviews don't we? I got a list of 42 likely cue cards from ieltsliz blog (l think she said they change it every 3 months but she always update the cue card questions) and l practiced the 42 different topics and l always set my two minutes timer with my phone. You can be in the BRT or your car and practice this one, or when walking down the street or whilst doing chores at home, or lying down in your bed doing nothing (l did this. Some days, people will think you are going crazy because you are talking to yourself, but...who no go no know). One of the 42 questions l practiced was my cue card during my speaking test -something on my pet animal (l was wondering "madam why me? Animal kwa?" but because l had practised earlier, the examiner had to cut me off when it was two minutes. I just went on and on.

4. Lastly and certainly not the least...the place of PRAYER. I'm catholic, so when l saw the prayer to St. Joseph of Cupertino here, l made a mental note to say it. I started saying it every day from September till i wrote my exam on the 1st of November. I even added a 9 days St. Joseph of Cupertino novena with prayer and fasting which ended on the 31st of October (l'm that extra oh. I left no chances). I asked my family to add me in their prayers too. So, pray, pray and pray. Whatever works for you. Someone dropped one St. prayer here on financial assistance for POF, best believe l'll look for that prayer and do it too!

5. People have done it, you too can. Don't be discouraged if you have tried more than once. We don't give up on this thread oh. Being here has taught me a different level of selflessness and never say never spirit. People you don't even know are quick to help and empathise and l am still in awe of you guys.

6. Please drop your email address so l can send the Ryan materials to you.

This too shall pass!

All the best everyone and my apologies for the long post.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by joo2018: 5:02pm On Nov 30, 2018
Q Not clear.
Which degree was evaluated as 2 certifcates and which one was the first one.
akinlad:
Hello peeps, please a clarification on this: I upgraded my ECA done with WES which was evaluated as 2certificates. Wondering what ECA certificate no I should use for the 1st degree evaluated. Should I use the new ECA? Please note I have already created my profile before the upgrade ,
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by mbakweich: 5:22pm On Nov 30, 2018
abakiki:

Where is your file located (VO)? As that can tell you a lot about the delay.
last I heard its still at the CPC Ottawa.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by akinlad: 5:39pm On Nov 30, 2018
The first degree was evaluated before getting another degree. The ECA report on the upgrade of the evaluation with the 2nd degree is 2 certificate.
joo2018:
Q Not clear.
Which degree was evaluated as 2 certifcates and which one was the first one.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Samlokosm: 5:54pm On Nov 30, 2018
Hello guys.
Please, is there anyone that did ECA with WES or ICES recently?
If any, please how much did you pay in Naira and what was the exchange rate of your bank from CAD to Naira. Also which bank did you use and did you use a normal Nigerian credit card?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Newmum0615: 6:13pm On Nov 30, 2018
As if separation is even the better option. If that's what he has decided to do, na im sabi. Every family with their own dynamics abeg.
joo2018:
Everybody has to weigh the cost-benefit. Hustle and get through it together or try for one spouse to make it first at the risk of the marriage.

The system has a lot of cushions to help out. The kids are covered for school: free education. Provinces have a sort of benefit paid to stay-at-home mums. If your family income is too low, you still qualify for some benefits, etc. Hospital costs are covered (though not drugs) etc.

The critical period is before 4-5yrs when kindergarten starts. I know of a couple with young kids. The hubby does shift work. So during the day, the wife goes to work and he babysits. The wife come back in the evening and he goes to work at night. I prefer that to the separation option. At least the family is hustling together.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by mmaryam(f): 6:14pm On Nov 30, 2018
stonecoldcafe:

I will do that at the other thread when i'm more settled. Congratulations@newmum on dropping that resignation letter cheesy

Please I need the link to that thread.... the landing thread
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Newmum0615: 6:16pm On Nov 30, 2018
Bia, you owe me gist o.
mbakweich:
last I heard its still at the CPC Ottawa.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Ramj: 6:23pm On Nov 30, 2018
iaatmguy:
FOR COUPLES GOING WITH CHILD(REN), please and please try immediately. just my two cents. I STAND TO BE CORRECTED

My brother my brother no one is gonna be left behind.
We all will manage.

It's a new start no doubt but no one year gapping for settlement issue.

I tell u this times makes the family bond together.

We enjoy the sweet and the thick together. AMENNN

Me m'appelle GoTogether

34 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Ramj: 6:23pm On Nov 30, 2018
iaatmguy:
FOR COUPLES GOING WITH CHILD(REN), please and please try immediately. just my two cents. I STAND TO BE CORRECTED

My brother my brother no one is gonna be left behind.
We all will manage.

It's a new start no doubt but no one year gapping for settlement issue.

I tell u this times makes the family bond together.

We enjoy the sweet and the thick together. AMENNN

Je m'appelle GoTogether

10 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Ramj: 6:28pm On Nov 30, 2018
iamkunski:
AOR : 30th November, 2018.

Godspeed!!!

Oya come to the November AOR group. We need a last born in the family na you we go dey send errand when we get to Canada.

https://chat(dot)whatsapp(dot)com/invite/GHMBj6VpnaQ08UC7QkKfkK

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by iamkunski: 6:46pm On Nov 30, 2018
Thanks bro. I’m in.

Ramj:

Oya come to the November AOR group. We need a last born in the family na you we go dey send errand when we get to Canada.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by joo2018: 6:47pm On Nov 30, 2018

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Krakboi(m): 6:50pm On Nov 30, 2018
Hey guys.... Checked my profile and saw under ADR review the status changed to 'not applicable'.

Who can explain what this means really?

Thanks in anticipation
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Nobody: 6:56pm On Nov 30, 2018
Hello House.

Can I use Axa mansard mmf account as proof of funds for Canada immigration

Someone I know recently used it to apply for UK visa and it was denied on the grounds of insufficient funds.

Hoping to get answers please.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Sthill5: 6:57pm On Nov 30, 2018
Newmum0615:
As if separation is even the better option. If that's what he has decided to do, na im sabi. Every family with their own dynamics abeg.

I cant even imagine being away from my husband for one month, talk more of a year!
We go gum body enter Canada and survive

20 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Nobody: 6:58pm On Nov 30, 2018
Ramj:

Please is there a whatsapp group for people who just got ITA and are filling their forms??
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by caseynewnn: 7:02pm On Nov 30, 2018
@Amakyzuu,please I PMed you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by adebee16: 7:11pm On Nov 30, 2018
Na so una for leave me behind o. I had no idea there was a group. I just joined. Thanks

Ramj:

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by StKizito2: 7:19pm On Nov 30, 2018
iaatmguy:
FOR COUPLES GOING WITH CHILD(REN), please and please try to plan your settling down in canada, e.g the family should do a soft landing, then the wife and the child(ren) could come back to Nigeria to continue working, for like a year plus, maximum a year plus . the husband sh(c)ould go and hustle, familiarize for the family lol. why this? settling down with children can be very daunting, due to high cost of daycare, challenges of renting an apartment, cost of transportation e.t.c. but with one person it is less costly, when the husband is settled fairly, then the family would come join (i have factored in cost of flying). but if the family stays together in CA, proof of funds would be tampered with heavily and might set some folks into panic mode. because one MIGHT not get a dream job immediately. just my two cents. I STAND TO BE CORRECTED
Nothing about this is relatable. In fact soft landing for the children should NEVER be an option. Ask every parent why they are moving and they will tell you it's cos of the children. You want the kids to assimilate on time to get the best of everything. As for the POF that's the purpose of money to be spent. Eventually you will get a job . The Canadian government also have subsidies and child welfare programs. It won't be a bed of roses but as a family you will not go to bed with an empty stomach.

20 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by shege45: 7:20pm On Nov 30, 2018
Ramj:

how do i join using this link
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by StKizito2: 7:21pm On Nov 30, 2018
Post services have called off the strike. Good news

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) ... (511)

QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 / Travelling To Canada Part 6 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.