Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,223 members, 7,818,764 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:09 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 - Travel (139) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 (822955 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) ... (511) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by EzekielMab(m): 5:09pm On Dec 03, 2018
Chicagomum:
Wrote mine in Abuja. The writing. I cant remember it as stated but its something like this
You had an interview 2 weeks ago and you are yet to hear from the hiring manager. Write a letter
1. telling him about the interview
2. Why you think you did well
3. Why you need to know the result of the interview

Some people say that giving gifts and presents is a sign of care. while others say there are better ways to show care. Discuss both opinions and state your opinion

The listening wasnt fun. background noise made it a bit difficult. I lost track from 17-20 and had to guess

The reading test was quite easy. Easier than i thought it will be.

My overall assessment is that IELTS isnt that difficult with commitment one can easily get 8 in all 4.

Still trying to decide if i should re register immediately cos of what happened during the listening test.

True.. exactly what I did.

Sent you a pm.

Expecting your response
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Nobody: 5:12pm On Dec 03, 2018
sesay:

Is it possible to use different evaluator? Myself RN,RM and MBA for my husband.

Thank you
Use ICES. For your husband's MBA, pay 275CAD for oversea address, 226CAD or 200CAD to have it shipped to a Canadian address of your friend and for u our RN and RM pay 400CAD and choose any mode of shipment you prefer or can afford and add it to the base payment.

What is your projected CRS score? Who is the PA?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Nobody: 5:13pm On Dec 03, 2018
Josefuadjr:

Those guys are animals. Mtchew
What happened?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Greatlady234: 5:14pm On Dec 03, 2018
Please who has a slot for Family of 5 for December at qlife willing to swap for Feb 20th (that is the earliest available date I got and by then my 60days would have been exhausted. Help a sister please.

Has anyone gone through IOM ?

Useful tips and suggestions are welcome .

My location is Lagos
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Josefuadjr: 5:21pm On Dec 03, 2018
ontarioissauga:

What happened?

So I called them on Friday and got a date booked for this week and she asked for my email address so she'd send me a mail. Fast forward to today I call for a million times and no one picks. So I send an email asking for confirmation and the earliest date available somehow turns to next Monday.

I sent another mail stating that I already had a confirmed slot and she replies with a new dat for next two weeks!!!!!!! Unto 'if you like don't take it now, here's the new date'. So I sent a mail again and there has been no reply. I don't blame them...
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Bumdesh: 5:27pm On Dec 03, 2018
Hi everyone my cousin wants to apply for PR she has a son that is 19 years old please how can she apply with him. Does he have to write IELTS also please advise how she can go about it. She’s not married
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by TimmytimeHO: 5:33pm On Dec 03, 2018
Sorry for the stress. Thanks for sharing.

This can go to page 1 for people like us.

nomad26:
My people, let me gist you guys about my ECA journey with ICES so far:

Account created, all documents uploaded and payment made by 7th Sep. Got in touch with a contact at my university (in Nigeria) to send transcripts to ICES via email which ICES confirmed they received on 14th Sep.

Then the wait began...after 5 weeks elapsed, I sent an email to ICES for an update, they said they were still reviewing my application. By week 10 (19th Nov), I was already fed up because I was hoping to enter the pool latest 23rd Nov as my current IELTS (L9R9W7.5S7.5) will expire early Dec. I sent another email to ICES requesting for an update, they replied that they can't verify the email that my transcript was sent from even though it had the school's domain (eg. xxxx@uni.com.ng) so I should have the university send the transcript again through the regular email that they normally use. My people, at this point I was very upset because they could have told me about this issue weeks ago but instead they waited until week 10!!

Anyway, I got in touch with my contact at the school, turned out that the mumu guy sent my transcript from his own university account (he is a lecturer at the university) instead of going through the appropriate channel (Deputy Registrar). All because he wanted to chop money for little stress.

My advice to everyone is if you're going through a contact at your university, please confirm that they are going through the right channel to avoid delay. Because these ICES people will just abandon your application if there's any comma. Please learn from my experience.

I am now in the process of getting my transcripts sent via express courier to ICES. Also, I have now written another IELTS on 1st Dec and hopefully the result turns out favourable sad

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by caseynewnn: 5:51pm On Dec 03, 2018
shege45:
lol have they booked u?
why not gate crash if they are not responding to emails. but ensure you go with some passport photographs and your international paasport.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by McNoelle(m): 5:59pm On Dec 03, 2018
I don't think he needs to write IELTS.

Bumdesh:
Hi everyone my cousin wants to apply for PR she has a son that is 19 years old please how can she apply with him. Does he have to write IELTS also please advise how she can go about it. She’s not married

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by shege45: 6:01pm On Dec 03, 2018
caseynewnn:
why not gate crash if they are not responding to emails. but ensure you go with some passport photographs and your international paasport.
abi
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by shege45: 6:01pm On Dec 03, 2018
Josefuadjr:

Was your booking confirmed? These guys are something else
them never even answer me
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by opella(f): 6:04pm On Dec 03, 2018
Does anyone have 24th December booking for Qlife and wants to swap for an earlier date(13th December)?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by bigfido: 6:10pm On Dec 03, 2018
iaatmguy:
dont know how to compose this but just my opinion
FOR COUPLES GOING WITH CHILD(REN), please and please try to plan your settling down in canada, e.g the family should do a soft landing, then the wife and the child(ren) could come back to Nigeria to continue working, for like a year plus, maximum a year plus . the husband sh(c)ould go and hustle, familiarize for the family lol. why this? settling down with children can be very daunting, due to high cost of daycare, challenges of renting an apartment, cost of transportation e.t.c. but with one person it is less costly, when the husband is settled fairly, then the family would come join (i have factored in cost of flying). but if the family stays together in CA, proof of funds would be tampered with heavily and might set some folks into panic mode. because one MIGHT not get a dream job immediately. just my two cents. I STAND TO BE CORRECTED

I don't think you have really done your homework about relocating. first of, you will spend three times the amount for airfares, which can easily be 3-4k dollars on airfare- wasted 3 months rent. Then the difference between rent for one person to a family of 4 is merely insignificant, but you are losing money paying for rent in two places. if you are a family with 2 children, you would have lost more than $13k in child support from the government in 1 year- Government pays the mother $540 something per month per child. Money the government pays you in child support can pay a substantial amount of your rent until you settle. Your kids would have lost free quality education for a year and you will still pay for education in Nigeria when you all would have settled in in less than 3-6 month here. doesn't make any sense to me if you asked me. Come with your kids, weather the storm, between you and your wife, that is twice the opportunity to get a job. In alberta, first 3 months for child care is free while you guys are trying to settle down, to look for a job. so really, what it will cost you. But once you have a job and they move in, believe you me, rent and childcare- you can't get free childcare again because you are now working - can easily take up to 75% of your salary. Be wise.

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Nobody: 6:26pm On Dec 03, 2018
Josefuadjr:

So I called them on Friday and got a date booked for this week and she asked for my email address so she'd send me a mail. Fast forward to today I call for a million times and no one picks. So I send an email asking for confirmation and the earliest date available somehow turns to next Monday.

I sent another mail stating that I already had a confirmed slot and she replies with a new dat for next two weeks!!!!!!! Unto 'if you like don't take it now, here's the new date'. So I sent a mail again and there has been no reply. I don't blame them...
Na IRCC abi Nigerian system cause am. Pele.. Two weeks from now is still better than Qlife's March 2019.

I think people who can travel to their office for appointments, should try that.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Nobody: 6:31pm On Dec 03, 2018
Greatlady234:
Please who has a slot for Family of 5 for December at qlife willing to swap for Feb 20th (that is the earliest available date I got and by then my 60days would have been exhausted. Help a sister please.

Has anyone gone through IOM ?

Useful tips and suggestions are welcome .

My location is Lagos
Go to IOM and explain your situation.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by joo2018: 6:35pm On Dec 03, 2018
No, he is a dependant and will not write as long as he is single. If he is married, though, he is on his own.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/age-limit-requirements-dependent-children.html
Bumdesh:
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by meelola007(f): 7:01pm On Dec 03, 2018
This is so painful...
nomad26:
My people, let me gist you guys about my ECA journey with ICES so far:

Account created, all documents uploaded and payment made by 7th Sep. Got in touch with a contact at my university (in Nigeria) to send transcripts to ICES via email which ICES confirmed they received on 14th Sep.

Then the wait began...after 5 weeks elapsed, I sent an email to ICES for an update, they said they were still reviewing my application. By week 10 (19th Nov), I was already fed up because I was hoping to enter the pool latest 23rd Nov as my current IELTS (L9R9W7.5S7.5) will expire early Dec. I sent another email to ICES requesting for an update, they replied that they can't verify the email that my transcript was sent from even though it had the school's domain (eg. xxxx@uni.com.ng) so I should have the university send the transcript again through the regular email that they normally use. My people, at this point I was very upset because they could have told me about this issue weeks ago but instead they waited until week 10!!

Anyway, I got in touch with my contact at the school, turned out that the mumu guy sent my transcript from his own university account (he is a lecturer at the university) instead of going through the appropriate channel (Deputy Registrar). All because he wanted to chop money for little stress.

My advice to everyone is if you're going through a contact at your university, please confirm that they are going through the right channel to avoid delay. Because these ICES people will just abandon your application if there's any comma. Please learn from my experience.

I am now in the process of getting my transcripts sent via express courier to ICES. Also, I have now written another IELTS on 1st Dec and hopefully the result turns out favourable sad

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Josefuadjr: 7:07pm On Dec 03, 2018
ontarioissauga:
Na IRCC abi Nigerian system cause am. Pele.. Two weeks from now is still better than Qlife's March 2019.

I think people who can travel to their office for appointment, should try that.

I'll try this option
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Ramj: 7:11pm On Dec 03, 2018
sesay:

RN,RM and MBA

Thanks.

MBA Alone gives you maximum point.

But if maybe for work sake still use IQAS for it all of it belongs to same person.

If different people
RN and RM - use IQAS

MBA - use ICES
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Ramj: 7:16pm On Dec 03, 2018
sesay:

Is it possible to use different evaluator? Myself RN,RM and MBA for my husband.

Thank you

RN RM - use IQAS

MBA if Nigerian use ICES
If Foreign use WES

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by futureenergy: 7:25pm On Dec 03, 2018
Josefuadjr:

Go there tomorrow and do your medicals. No need giving yourself unnecessary headache.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by drcynthia(f): 7:28pm On Dec 03, 2018
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by fizzile(m): 7:31pm On Dec 03, 2018
Guys, can i have November AOR whatsapp link, please. Asking for a friend grin grin grin
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by futureenergy: 7:39pm On Dec 03, 2018
fizzile:
Guys, can i have November AOR whatsapp link, please. Asking for a friend grin grin grin

Contact RamJ

Jemapelle a friend
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by MummyJaygirls: 7:44pm On Dec 03, 2018
nanaghano:
WES here, WES there. I even heard someone asking another if he has done his WES. Please guys there are 5 evaluating bodies. ICES, IQAS, ICAS, CES, and WES. Although, I don't need the evaluation anymore I just did my spouse's BSC with ICES and it took exactly month from when the document got to them according to the date on the evaluation report and around 8days to get to the Canadian address, due to the Canada post strike thingy which they have called off now .
Guys stay woke and alert abeg.

ur head is very correct
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by MummyJaygirls: 7:45pm On Dec 03, 2018
omidan21:
Hello house my husband IELTS exam comes up 15th December he hasn't received test details ohh British Council. Pls anyone in my shoes

call or mail them or go to their office, do so asap, so they can reschedule his speaking exam
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Chicagomum: 7:54pm On Dec 03, 2018
Replied.

EzekielMab:

True.. exactly what I did.

Sent you a pm.

Expecting your response
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Greatlady234: 7:58pm On Dec 03, 2018
ontarioissauga:

Go to IOM and explain your situation.

Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Greatlady234: 8:07pm On Dec 03, 2018
opella:
Does anyone have 24th December booking for Qlife and wants to swap foro an earlier date(13th December)?

I have for Feb 20th and won't mind but should be for a family of 5
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Tojued: 8:09pm On Dec 03, 2018
bigfido:

In alberta, first 3 months for child care is free while you guys are trying to settle down, to look for a job.

Tell me more!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Tojued: 8:12pm On Dec 03, 2018
It has finally happened.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Greatlady234: 8:12pm On Dec 03, 2018
ebony9ja:
I have confirmed booking at Qlife clinic that is no longer needed. December 5,2018. Family of 5 . PM if interested.

I am interested @ebony9ja

(1) (2) (3) ... (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) ... (511)

QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 / Travelling To Canada Part 6 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.