Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,648 members, 7,813,180 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:16 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 - Travel (355) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 (820664 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (352) (353) (354) (355) (356) (357) (358) ... (511) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Jbankole2018: 9:45am On Jan 15, 2019
Please how did you pay for your ICES. I have nairamaster card but wasn't able to pay. Also I choosed mailing my ECA rather than posting. Hope it OK. Thanks
stonecoldcafe:

I have a contact
He told me email was not encouraged due to the associated back and forth with not receiving it by relevant bodies
It also helps if you've ordered a transcript before
PM me if you want his contact
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by dane15: 9:48am On Jan 15, 2019
GozyNA:
I'm guessing you have PPR already. So we need to hear your PPR story first before we answer you grin.

The Testimony is too long. Let me keep working on it. I don't want Prof. Ralph to score me 1/10.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by dane15: 9:48am On Jan 15, 2019
fatiah:

"As of May 1, 2018, all original documents, including passports, must be submitted via the VAC. 

Please see: http://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/ and follow the instructions under the

“Passport Transmission Services” section. "

The above info is written on the PPR letter. So, I don't think you can submit your passport via any other route except VAC

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Distinct777: 9:49am On Jan 15, 2019
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode]OK, I have created January AOR whatsapp group. Link below.

Remember to remove brackets

https://chat(.)whatsapp(.)com/I25H3LPd9L23EYca8SOKsl

It will end in praise!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by lobell: 9:50am On Jan 15, 2019
Edited.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Jbankole2018: 9:51am On Jan 15, 2019
Guys please what is the best mode of payment for ICES. I used naira master card but I couldn't pay. I choose mailing my ECA rather post. Hope it's OK. Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by HTGAWM: 9:54am On Jan 15, 2019
Hello Guys, Please I have a question with respect to a gift deed.

I did a gift deed with my mum. We typed it on an A4 letter. she signed and I signed and had 2 witnesses sign.

My questions:

1. My dad and brother signed as the witnesses (Is this allowed since they are relatives)
2. We had a lawyer to stamp it and signed and he also used his Nigerian Bar Association stuff stamp on it. (Is this sufficient/ Is this the right way to do it).
3. His NBA stamp license states March 2019 expiry...Is this a problem considering the deed was done in January when it was still valid.

Please, your kind response will be appreciated. Ive read the threads from Part 4 to date but can't find answers to this. Thanks all
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Oakville19: 9:58am On Jan 15, 2019
lobell:

No sir/ma.

First of all they are two different NOC's, ergo you cannot claim them both in your EE application because you can only have one NOC to run with.

It must have been paid, full-time (or an equal amount in part-time), and in only one occupation (NOC skill type 0, A or B).

Cheers.

Are you really sure about this information? Combining NOCs is possible there are cases of people on this thread who have combined NOCs, as long as it is under 0, A or B.

Please read up before responding.

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Distinct777: 10:09am On Jan 15, 2019
Is the lawyer a Notary Public? The deed should be notarised not stamped with a lawyers stamp.
Then the NBA stamps expires in March meaning it's still valid as at now.

HTGAWM:

I did a gift deed with my mum. We typed it on an A4 letter. she signed and I signed and had 2 witnesses sign.

My questions:

1. My dad and brother signed as the witnesses (Is this allowed since they are relatives)
2. We had a lawyer to stamp it and signed and he also used his Nigerian Bar Association stuff stamp on it. (Is this sufficient/ Is this the right way to do it).
3. His NBA stamp license states March 2019 expiry...Is this a problem considering the deed was done in January when it was still valid.

Please, your kind response will be appreciated. Ive read the threads from Part 4 to date but can't find answers to this. Thanks all
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by KingAEle: 10:18am On Jan 15, 2019
Hello,

Please has anyone tried to evaluate or been successful with evaluating ACIB for CIBN( Chartered Institute of Banking of Nigeria).
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Zutlin: 10:25am On Jan 15, 2019
lobell:

No sir/ma.

First of all they are two different NOC's, ergo you cannot claim them both in your EE application because you can only have one NOC to run with.

It must have been paid, full-time (or an equal amount in part-time), and in only one occupation (NOC skill type 0, A or B).

Cheers.

You are wrong here. NOC combination is allowed and people on this thread have done it. The only thing I was unsure about is if the second work experience can be used since it's less than a year.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by lobell: 10:26am On Jan 15, 2019
Oakville19:

Are you really sure about this information? Combining NOCs is possible there are cases of people on this thread who have combined NOCs, as long as it is under 0, A or B.

Please read up before responding.

Skilled work experience

Skilled work experience means you’ve worked in 1 of these National Occupational Classification (NOC) job groups:

Managerial jobs (skill type 0)
Professional jobs (skill level A)
Technical jobs and skilled trades (skill level B)

You must show that while working in your primary occupation you performed the duties set out in the lead statement of the occupational description in the NOC. This includes all the essential duties and most of the main duties listed.

Your skilled work experience must be:

in the same type of job (have the same NOC) as the job you want to use for your immigration application (called your primary occupation)
within the last 10 years

paid work (This means you must have been paid wages or earned commission. Volunteer work or unpaid internships don’t count.)
at least 1 year of continuous work or 1,560 hours total (30 hours per week). You can meet this in a few different ways:
full-time at 1 job: 30 hours/week for 12 months = 1 year full time (1,560 hours)
equal amount in part-time: 15 hours/week for 24 months = 1 year full time (1,560 hours)
full-time at more than 1 job: 30 hours/week for 12 months at more than 1 job = 1 year full time (1,560 hours)

For part-time work, you can work more or less than 15 hours/week as long as it adds up to 1,560 hours.

We don’t count any hours you work above 30 hours/week.

This is from CIC red highlights are mine. biko everybody should read up for themselves and do what they think is right.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by efueh: 10:30am On Jan 15, 2019
My dear relax as you are fine. Kindly proceed and use it, as we have had people that got PR and landed too, using gift deed signed by giver and receiver only without lawyer stamp or notorizing it. Enjoy.

HTGAWM:

My questions:

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by ChinenyeT: 10:32am On Jan 15, 2019
Pls can I use my debit card to pay someone else's application and proof of PR fees?
If yes, pls how do I go about wrt inputting details?
Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by joo2018: 10:36am On Jan 15, 2019
Congrats to you! Go and excel! Waiting for the full gist.

Lastruct:
Yhaaaaaaaaaay
It’s PPR GUYSSSSSSSSSS
Alhamdulilah...so I will also get this almighty PPR..
Thank God for me everyone...I just got the mail.
Will come back with my full gist later. One my way to work ��
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Josh121(m): 10:50am On Jan 15, 2019
Please where can my wife run pgd or diploma for two or more certificate , I heard noun take time to release this certificate . Please advice

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by ottawasenators: 10:50am On Jan 15, 2019
You can pay for PR fees with any card details. it doesnt matter
ChinenyeT:
Pls can I use my debit card to pay someone else's application and proof of PR fees?
If yes, pls how do I go about wrt inputting details?
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Oakville19: 10:55am On Jan 15, 2019
lobell post=

Your skilled work experience must be:

[color=#990000:

in the same type of job (have the same NOC) as the job you want to use for your immigration application (called your primary occupation)
within the last 10 years[/color]
paid work (This means you must have been paid wages or earned commission. Volunteer work or unpaid internships don’t count.)
at least 1 year of continuous work or 1,560 hours total (30 hours per week). You can meet this in a few different ways:
full-time at 1 job: 30 hours/week for 12 months = 1 year full time (1,560 hours)
(1,560

The above does not dispute the fact that you can combine NOCs the only rule is that one of the NOCs must be at least 12 months.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Onyeenyeh: 10:58am On Jan 15, 2019
My dad signed, as witness on gift deed given by my mom. Didn't pose any problems. I notarised mine though with a notary public and i also went to extra mile of doing gift deed in the high court (which i doubt is compulsory).
HTGAWM:

My questions:

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Nobody: 10:59am On Jan 15, 2019
Josh121:
Please where can my buy pgd or diploma for two or more certificate , I heard noun take time to release this certificate . Please advice

Pm me
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by GozyNA: 11:00am On Jan 15, 2019
Guys a family of 4 with AOR of Nov 6 got PPR this morning.

The rain don start grin

36 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Nobody: 11:03am On Jan 15, 2019
GozyNA:
Guys a family of 4 with AOR of Nov 6 got PPR this morning.

The rain don start grin

So fast

Congratulations to them

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Josh121(m): 11:06am On Jan 15, 2019
pyruvateluv:

Pm me

Just did
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Ifeoma77(f): 11:07am On Jan 15, 2019
Josh121:
Please where can my buy pgd or diploma for two or more certificate , I heard noun take time to release this certificate . Please advice

You mean; where can I register for and complete a quick pgd/diploma?
The way you worded it sounds somehow

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Josh121(m): 11:10am On Jan 15, 2019
Ifeoma77:

I just correct it , thank you , didnt read back after typing

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Josh121(m): 11:10am On Jan 15, 2019
Ifeoma77:

Yes
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Donacanada: 11:12am On Jan 15, 2019
[quote author=fmsimple post=74758687]ECA by ICES Made Simple - Step by Step Guide to evaluating your credential

hi @fmsimple please help.
My ICES dashboard changed almost immediately after I uploaded my certificate online. I am sure that my school had not sent my transcript to them when I noticed the change. My school took their time with sending the transcript, but eventually confirmed to me that it had been sent. I emailed ICES to confirm receipt, they said they had not received anything further on my application. After some weeks, I emailed again and got the same response. Meanwhile my contact in school says they have sent the transcript severally, after double checking that all details are correct. All this while, my dashboard is still showing received. What does this mean?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by iaatmguy(m): 11:14am On Jan 15, 2019
joo2018:
Your choice:

1. Accept the NOI and proceed.
2. Decline, rewrite IELTS or hope the draw points come down soon.

You have to weigh the risks. You don't have to accept or decline immediately. There's some time to make a good decision.

Harjeehbaday its very dicey, you have to gamble. scores might drop, it might not drop. Good luck with whatever decision you make

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Josh121(m): 11:17am On Jan 15, 2019
where can my wife register for and complete a quick pgd/diploma?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Ifeoma77(f): 11:19am On Jan 15, 2019
Josh121:

I just correct it , thank you , didnt read back after typing
Yeah, it's much better like this. Someone posted in the previous thread, that Caleb university runs a quick pgd. It's expensive but you finish within one year.
Maybe contact the school and make enquiries
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by LOTRISH45: 11:19am On Jan 15, 2019
Guys, before spending money on any PGD Program to increase your CRS, make sure it's a Program that will be positively evaluated by the body you will be submitting your credentials to. I know somebody whose Postgraduate Diploma from Nigeria Institute of Journalism was not positively evaluated by WES.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by jerryval42: 11:45am On Jan 15, 2019
good morning, my school sent my transcript to iqas since November last year. i haven't gotten any mail from them yet. could it because my school didnt give me the opportunity to write my application number on the envelop or thats the usual way iqas does their thing? someone please help

(1) (2) (3) ... (352) (353) (354) (355) (356) (357) (358) ... (511)

QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 / Travelling To Canada Part 6 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.