Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,683 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:43 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 - Travel (38) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 (822836 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) ... (511) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by DoDirtsLikeWorm(m): 8:11am On Nov 17, 2018
Godisincontrol:

Guy nor vex o.
The more I read your posts,the more confused I am.
Its either you have HND or you don't.

I have detailed it as much as i could so that other people may be aware.
We learn everyday & no knowledge is a waste.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Ifeoma77(f): 8:15am On Nov 17, 2018
DoDirtsLikeWorm:

On finishing my Pre-HnD next year July, i would be 30years by then(The passPort i summitted in Aussie Embassy had that, and they shares data)

Meanwhile, i will be needing that 1 year compulsory work experience off shore.
On trying to achieve that, i will hit 31years. (Race against Age point)
Now you see why i need to hit them with them 3years transcripts and let them do the Maths themselves when i begin to firing?

I never knew that people are not aware of that Pre-HND stuffs(i explained it if one scrolls up on this page 36), which means they too will be thrown into Frenzy.
Can I be honest with you?
I think you are clutching at straws. You know that all these different certificates are really just part of one academic program. The simple truth is that right now, your highest academic qualification is ND.
It'ss my opinion that that won't be enough to fetch you ITA (especially combined with just one year experience).
You are already in the process of doing your HND. Finish that process.
It's not just about doing the PR, what of getting a good job when you land?
With 2 or more certificates, you stand a good chance - even at 33

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Nobody: 8:16am On Nov 17, 2018
pyruvateluv:

It's NOT a criteria for getting PR rather if you are lucky to secure one, it will boost your score. However you can visit page 1 to understand the process accurately

Cheers
I thought it was a criterion.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Ifeoma77(f): 8:17am On Nov 17, 2018
Tojued:

Ah swear. If you know how many times I've started typing request for clarification from him and then deleted everything siddon look...
grin grin grin grin it was really confusing

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by COPR: 8:19am On Nov 17, 2018
DoDirtsLikeWorm:

On finishing my Pre-HnD next year July, i would be 30years by then(The passPort i summitted in Aussie Embassy had that, and they shares data)

Meanwhile, i will be needing that 1 year compulsory work experience off shore.
On trying to achieve that, i will hit 31years. (Race against Age point)
Now you see why i need to hit them with them 3years transcripts and let them do the Maths themselves when i begin to firing?

I never knew that people are not aware of that Pre-HND stuffs(i explained it if one scrolls up on this page 37), which means they too will be thrown into Frenzy.

What you're writing looks like a 'story' an Agent told you. I just hope an Agent is not somewhere 'messing' up your head.

Finish your pre-HND or whatever and evaluate it. Write IELTS and enter the pool. It's that simple! In this Cannyland journey, you cant "jump the gun" or "cut corners."

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Ifeoma77(f): 8:20am On Nov 17, 2018
Enitan007:
True. A colleague got the same mail after biometrics was done but getting through to an agent yesterday, she confirmed his file is still at CIO and his background check is ongoing. The annoying thing is on his status, it's showing background check has not commenced. Imagine file at CIO for almost 4 months now. It will end well for all of us.
CIO is also a local Visa Office. Some applications get treated at CIO.
Your friend's application will probably be completed there and their PPR will come from CIO

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Nobody: 8:26am On Nov 17, 2018
ontarioissauga:

I thought it was a criterion.

It's an additional point booster not compulsory one should have job before PR
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by DoDirtsLikeWorm(m): 8:37am On Nov 17, 2018
COPR:

What you're writing looks like a 'story' an Agent told you. I just hope an Agent is not somewhere 'messing' up your head.

Finish your pre-HND or whatever and evaluate it. Write IELTS and enter the pool. It's that simple! In this Cannyland journey, you cant "jump the gun."

The person that raised me in this Get-Away by all means or become too stuck to move in this country does not like to hear that name AGENT, it sounds extortion to his ears.

I did the arithmethic myself.

Ifeoma77:

Can I be honest with you?
I think you are clutching at straws. You know that all these different certificates are really just part of one academic program. The simple truth is that right now, your highest academic qualification is ND.
It'ss my opinion that that won't be enough to fetch you ITA (especially combined with just one year experience).
You are already in the process of doing your HND. Finish that process.
It's not just about doing the PR, what of getting a good job when you land?
With 2 or more certificates, you stand a good chance - even at 33

This you said is the truth, they mostly use it to extort money from partTimers.

But i was just trying to know which option to choose out of these one's provided in this picture below.
Which should i choose?
It will be a total of 3years?

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Pharmola: 8:40am On Nov 17, 2018
For guys who missed out on ITA on Thursday due to higher cut off of 449.

I did a small analysis of possible next draw dates and cut off.
These are only thoughts not facts in any way, it is only intended to encourage you to keep hope alive.
From past year trends, 3 draws hold in November including 1 program specific draw.
The most popular draw week day is Wednesday followed by Monday.
There has been draws held about 14days of each other and recently 17days (likely attributable to the public holiday on Monday 12th Nov and technical glitch on Wednesday 14th Nov).
By estimate only one IELTS GT results release between draws (2weeks apart)
During the last 2 draws 2 IELTS gt result came through increasing the number of potential ITA grabbers and further pushing upwards the likely cut off.

So my predictions:
Don't be surprised if a draw holds next week (albeit a program specific draw)
Like draw dates for the next 2 predicted draws- 19th, 21st, 26th, 28th Nov
Given that most top scorers in the pool have already received ITA on the 15th Nov draw- also only one set of IELTS GT result is expected until month end, chances are that the cut off drop close to 440.

Keep hope alive! Cheers!

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Nobody: 8:46am On Nov 17, 2018
Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Bimsebony: 8:46am On Nov 17, 2018
Annybens1993:
Good morning everyone.

please i have an issue and would appreciate opinions from everyone.

1. WES have received my WAEC result finally but i am yet to send the scratch card as requested. My question is, is the scratch card a major requirement as i noticed it is required we sent via courier and as it is i am not very buoyant at the moment

2. I want to add my CIPM certification as additional qualification. i have sent several mails and have filled the online request form on their website. i have also called their customer care severally, still nothing have been done about it on my profile. Now i notice it's even harder to reach them via phone as they direct callers to seek clarification on their site.

please house, i need help for those that have successfully sent their CIPM transcript and certificate to WES. how did you guys go about it

hoping to get answers smiley smiley smiley smiley

Send them a fax or tweet. They will respond
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Ifeoma77(f): 8:48am On Nov 17, 2018
DoDirtsLikeWorm:

This you said is the truth, they mostly use it to extort money from partTimers.

But i was just trying to know which option to choose out of these one's provided in this picture below.
Which should i choose?
It will be a total of 3years?
Probably not. The number of years you've spent doesn't necessarily translate correctly in these situations. Besides, you've mentioned that you are doing this part time.
I really don't know which option you should choose. I'm leaning towards the 2 years. But I might be wrong.
Maybe confirm from your school.
Or if you're willing to take the gamble, then go ahead and do the ECA. Whatever you get on the ECA report is the option you should choose

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Nobody: 8:48am On Nov 17, 2018
I didn't submit any document I only stated it and I know since I was refused that visa,they will check all the information I submitted...Hence why I'm concerned. I'm not single now as I've since gotten married to another lady in 2017...thank you very much for your response
McNoelle:
Ideally, you can claim to be single and explain that in an LOE except there are documents to prove otherwise. Did you submit any document(s) to show you had your aqd nikkah when you applied for US visa in 2015? Or did you submit any document(s) to qualify you as common law when you applied for US visa in 2015?
If you submitted any document(s) as regards the aqd nikkah, I think it would be better to get a decree of nullity and an LOE to that effect. If you submitted any document(s) as regards the common law, I think just an LOE would suffice.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Nobody: 8:53am On Nov 17, 2018
Thank you mcstan..I do appreciate it...I will do as adviced but I'm now married to another person and do I still maintain this line of your answer?or they might ask for proof that previous marriage has been dissolved?anyways I already put YES...i will have to do a detailed LOE
mcstan18:

Hi. In my opinion, I believe you should answer yes to that question, reason being that you were only married customarily or traditionally. However, you have to explain in a detailed LoE why you are applying as a single applicant. You should state the period you were both together, the date of the nikkah and the date you went your separate ways. Make it known in your LoE that a legal separation document (like divorce papers) wasn't necessary at the time since the marriage wasn't registered in any court and wasn't legally binding.

If you make your LoE as detailed, truthful and consistent as it can be, I do not think that any VO would penalize you. Just ensure there are no broken links between what you filled in your US Visa application form and what you'd be filling here.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by DoDirtsLikeWorm(m): 8:58am On Nov 17, 2018
Ifeoma77:

Probably not. The number of years you've spent doesn't necessarily translate correctly in these situations. Besides, you've mentioned that you are doing this part time.
I really don't know which option you should choose. I'm leaning towards the 2 years. But I might be wrong.
Maybe confirm from your school.
Or if you're willing to take the gamble, then go ahead and do the ECA. Whatever you get on the ECA report is the option you should choose

Thanks for your words of advice and all.
I went back to the CRS calculator and added 2 certificate option; there i got the magical outcome of HND being too certificate.

For even at the age of 35, i was able to still score 456.
Honestly, it calmed my mind.
I thought just like Aussie movement, when one hits 32, the point will be plunging way down.

Thank you once more.
Maybe i will seek for the 2 certificate after securing this one first.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Nobody: 9:04am On Nov 17, 2018
Thanks Ifeoma...Will do as adviced!
Ifeoma77:

The answer is YES. You have been married/in a common law partnership before.
But then you need a LOE to explain further that it was traditional and not legal

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by captainxero: 9:05am On Nov 17, 2018
Thank you ma.the thing is that I already started my masters but its project that’s holding me down and by the time I would be done i would be 30 already so I’m worried that it would still affect my score .masers would finish this time next year and by then I’m already 30 .would it affect my score ?
Ifeoma77:

You shouldn't be considering PNP. You are young. Start your Masters. You should be done before you're 32.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Nobody: 9:05am On Nov 17, 2018
https://www.pulse.ng/news/local/canada-rejects-70-7-of-nigerian-refugees-who-crossed-borders-id9114216.html?utm_medium=email&utm_source=newsletter&utm_campaign=daily-2018-11-17

I once advised a colleague sibling against going through this USA-Canada route but all I said fell on deaf ears. Now he is stranded after selling all his properties and moving himself and Family to USA on tourist visa.

They have overstayed his tourist Visa and crossing to canada illegally I heard is now extremely difficult.

Patience indeed is a virtue.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Threemg: 9:14am On Nov 17, 2018
DonTee07:
https://www.pulse.ng/news/local/canada-rejects-70-7-of-nigerian-refugees-who-crossed-borders-id9114216.html?utm_medium=email&utm_source=newsletter&utm_campaign=daily-2018-11-17

I once advised a colleague sibling against going through this USA-Canada route but all I said fell on deaf ears. Now he is stranded after selling all his properties and moving himself and Family to USA on tourist visa.

They have overstayed his tourist Visa and crossing to canada illegally I heard is now extremely difficult.

The dog wey go lost even if the hunter blows heaven's kind of trumpet wey go sound reach every part of the world, the dog no go hear. Many more like him are still nursing that idea/plan.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Hobyno: 9:17am On Nov 17, 2018
captainxero:
Thank you ma.the thing is that I already started my masters but its project that’s holding me down and by the time I would be done i would be 30 already so I’m worried that it would still affect my score .masers would finish this time next year and by then I’m already 30 .would it affect my score ?
It won't affect your score as you are still below 33 when u finish by then max ielt then u're good to go
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Ifeoma77(f): 9:19am On Nov 17, 2018
captainxero:
No it won't. Spend more time reading up, play with the CRS calculator. It's easy to be misled when you're uninformed

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by alwayspositive8: 9:22am On Nov 17, 2018
Please someone should assist me on this.... I tried filling the express entry for the first time and after filing the eligibility questionnaire.... it keep saying based on my answers that am not eligible.... Further drilling down shows that the error must have occurred when filling the work experience part... I have about 3years and 6 month experience but when I clicked 2-3 years as shown in the picture below it keeps giving the non eligibility error.. but if I changed to 4 yrs it will say am eligible....What can I do?

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Ifeoma77(f): 9:28am On Nov 17, 2018
DonTee07:

Someone I met was hell bent on crossing into Canada this way.
According to her, her neighbour is already there and told her that "...as long as you have a child, your stay is guaranteed"
I argued and argued till she got angry with me. She already had the US visa.
Wonder if she went through with it.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Dekembabe: 9:32am On Nov 17, 2018
Kunle46:
In my own case , I appplied for a USA visa as married because we have done introduction, and we fixed date for our traditional wedding . But when the wedding didn’t hold again . I got the USA visa because it was a conference visa. Went for the conference and came back to my job
two years later I got married but not to the lady I wrote her details on my USA application.
After wedding me and my new lady applied for a visiting visa to Canada but under the question of if you are married before I said NO. Because I had no legal documents to back it up and I said YES to question that am married and I plan traveling with my wife for our honey moon. But our visa was refused on the bases of my spouse is presently un employed. ( present unemployment situation)

In my express entry application I had to say NO also. Cous I did not want to contradict my NO in my visiting visa.

And I didn’t write any loe.
pls ehn,I’m in a similar situation here. I’m single but my fiancé that I intend to add after AOR has applied to the US before and he claimed to be married to me as advised by the agent he used,although his application was refused. When I want to add him after AOR,does he need to write a letter of explanation to nullify the information on his US bio data or we just leave it as it is and hope they don’t raise brows. I await your opinion pls.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Kunle46: 9:33am On Nov 17, 2018
Kunle46:
In my own case , I appplied for a USA visa as married because we have done introduction, and we fixed date for our traditional wedding . But when the wedding didn’t hold again . I got the USA visa because it was a conference visa. Went for the conference and came back to my job
two years later I got married but not to the lady I wrote her details on my USA application.
After wedding me and my new lady applied for a visiting visa to Canada but under the question of if you are married before I said NO. Because I had no legal documents to back it up and I said YES to question that am married and I plan traveling with my wife for our honey moon. But our visa was refused on the bases of my spouse is presently un employed. ( present unemployment situation)

In my express entry application I had to say NO also. Cous I did not want to contradict my NO in my visiting visa.

And I didn’t write any loe.
House should I raise a cse. Have passed medicals and biometric
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Josefuadjr: 9:36am On Nov 17, 2018
alwayspositive8:
Please someone should assist me on this.... I tried filling the express entry for the first time and after filing the eligibility questionnaire.... it keep saying based on my answers that am not eligible.... Further drilling down shows that the error must have occurred when filling the work experience part... I have about 3years and 6 month experience but when I clicked 2-3 years as shown in the picture below it keeps giving the non eligibility error.. but if I changed to 4 yrs it will say am eligible....What can I do?

I recommend you tell us what your situation is so we'll help you. Eg ielts scores, cert, age, single/married, etc
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Ifeoma77(f): 9:39am On Nov 17, 2018
Kunle46:

House should I raise a cse. Have passed medicals and biometric
Order GCMS notes. If you see the issue flagged there, raise a CSE and send in LOE.
If not, let sleeping dogs lie
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by DoDirtsLikeWorm(m): 9:42am On Nov 17, 2018
alwayspositive8:

Where you were asked about Job offer from Canada, what did you put?

That may be the problem.
Because after that, they would ask you the category in which the job fell into A,B or 0.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Ifeoma77(f): 9:42am On Nov 17, 2018
alwayspositive8:
So what do you want to hear? You already know what is making you ineligible, what else do you want to do?
Wait till you clock 4 years before creating your EE profile. In the meantime, get started on the requirements

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Dekembabe: 9:45am On Nov 17, 2018
pls ehn,I’m in a similar situation here. I’m single but my fiancé that I intend to add after AOR has applied to the US before and he claimed to be married to me as advised by the agent he used,although his application was refused. When I want to add him after AOR,does he need to write a letter of explanation to nullify the information on his US bio data or we just leave it as it is and hope they don’t raise brows. I await your opinion pls.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Kunle46: 9:49am On Nov 17, 2018
[quote author=Ifeoma77 post=73046381]
Order GCMS notes. If you see the issue flagged there, raise a CSE and send in LOE.
If not, let sleeping dogs lie

Thanks Ifeoma ,

Will wait and watch

Positive minds

@ dekembe, am not in the best position to advise you. Maybe the seniors can advise u better
I think u should follow what Ifeoma said let sleeping dog lie. After all you are already married to your fiancé, maybe an loe can help. Elders can throw more light to this

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by shegzee43: 9:51am On Nov 17, 2018
Owlette:
Hi shegzee43
I and my spouse who is the PA have been on this journey since late 2016. We started with WES which took us up to a year before we got the evaluation. When the evaluation came out sef, it had d wrong date of birth grin
Now this IELTS. LOL the thing has humbled us. We sef dey fear to register again but the hustle must continue. U see this PPR, WE MUST GET IT.
1st attempt: BC: LRWS- 8, 6.5, 8, 7.5
2nd attempt: BC: LRWS- 8, 6.5, 7, 7
3rd attempt: BC: LWRS- 7, 7, 7.5, 7 (at this point I was cajoling him to write because he was worried about being disappointed)
4th attempt: MOD: LWRS- 7.5, 7.5, 7, 7 omo we applied for remark oh! Hanging on to the slight hope that listening might just change but speaking changed to 7.5 so we got our 46,126 back, lol.
5th attempt: MOD: LWRS- 9, 6.5, 7.5, 7 we applied for another remark praying with all we had that writing will change. Omo when we went to pick up the trf, they said we didnt have any draft. Na him be say score no change. We opened it and my husband saw that the score didnt change and they aff chop his 46k omo he left the trf there for them grin grin grin grin
He refused to write again o. LOL. He said till January. But his birthday is in January we will be losing 5 points. When he saw CRS 449 yesterday, he told me to book him for December 1st. So the essence of this epistle is to tell you to focus on the goal. Bro or sis, abeg eye on the prize. Dont be discouraged.
This vision is for a future time. It describes the end, and it will be fulfilled. If it seems slow in coming, wait patiently, for it will surely take place. It will not be delayed. (Habbakuk 2:3)

Madam, thank you. You don't know how encouraging your words are.

(1) (2) (3) ... (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) ... (511)

QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 / Travelling To Canada Part 6 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.