Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,001 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:18 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 - Travel (413) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 (822382 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (410) (411) (412) (413) (414) (415) (416) ... (511) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by efeklvn: 3:28pm On Jan 28, 2019
Saskbound:
WOW!!!!! this is HUGE! Congratulations
congratulations
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by efeklvn: 3:40pm On Jan 28, 2019
Shyee:
Hallelujah, For the Lord God Omnipotent, HE reigneth.

Guys, it’s PEE PEE AAAAARRRRRR.

While I don’t yet know if this post will be long or otherwise, I will endeavour to share this testimony, not for the anxiety of @raphrulz scoring it, but for those who would benefit from it.

Yesterday morning, my phone fell and had a screen problem, I might have done this earlier and more conveniently on it, but PC is not bad either. Thank GOD.

DECISION to travel has always been there, I could remember way before I gained admission into Tertiary institution, various dreams, various wishes, various prayers and the likes. How could this be, parents could only try their best by giving us Nigerian education. Finished M.Sc in 2013, worked as a pseudo-manager in a private firm for 12k, left the place, got another teaching job for 12k… well, God has a plan.
I knew about Express Entry in 2014, I was single then, and my score was 413. ECA with WES took months( I don’t remember exact months), my 2015 IELTS was L7.5 R7 W7 S7.5, I didn’t know about 8777 then, so I paused pursuing the dream and focused on self-employment and marital.

ECA: I could say my ECA was smooth, though it took some time. Spouse’s ECA with WES started since 2015, and till date, it’s not ready. So many problems with Nursing council and WES up and down. I was left with 3 options, GO spouse unaccompanying; Use IQAS; or ICES. I asked the question here if anyone had used ICES for evaluating RN before, I was challenged by a ‘grumpysenrudy’ fellow (Thanks, mate!) to be the first to try it, I did and it came out positive, in fact I almost paid for IQAS too… Ever heard of ‘Penny wise, Pound Foolish’?; I believe Canada is worth all the effing money in my case, anyway.
Registered for ICES in August, result came out after 40 days. If we had used IQAS, maybe we’d just receive ITA in the last 443 draw, because we were at 444.

IELTS Well, after learning I had to aim at 8777, I prepared very well for the Listening and Reading part, I wrote in June 2018, and I had L8.5 R9 W7 S7.5. With this score CRS was at 462 as a single applicant, and 435 as accompanied (without spouse’s ECA), she didn’t write IELTS at last because her ITA came before we could register her. Thank God!

ITA my first ITA came in July, I was among those that had the last batch of 90 days to submit, expecting my spouse’s ECA, 90 days elapsed on September 22nd, her ECA came in September 25th. I also remember many people(myself inclusive) aimed at submitting their application before the introduction of Biometrics in July, Biometrics turned out to be a Blessing in disguise… I suppose it fastens the process.
Got another ITA that same week with spouse not accompanying CRS score of 462, but the cut-off was 449, had to decline it on its Friday and got a surprise draw the following Monday(October 15th) at 440. Hallelujah! Thank You, Jesus.,

POF was 100% gift from my dad. Didn’t notarise it, but we, mum inclusive signed across #20 seal each. I opened a new account entirely for this, after the gift entered, I bought Treasury Bills, submitted the paper they call certificate and statement of account for the new account. Didn’t submit any other statement of account.

WORK EXPERIENCE I am self-employed, I repair computers, printers etc and 2 days ago, I repaired my LCD TV( I think im handy). I submitted reference letters from 6 customers and 8 receipts. I couldn’t even get receipts for some of those who wrote reference letters for me, I was worried here, yet I didn’t want to manipulate things. Many of the reference letters were handwritten with customers phone numbers and email addresses, of course, they stated I was paid in cash. I don’t think IRCC called any of them though.
I had to monitor one of my references email, in case something important comes in.
No travel history.

I finished filling the eAPR on Thursday, couldn’t submit till Saturday.

ADR Pre-ITA I allowed a cousin of mine to have access to my file, but I changed to not granted during eAPR all in a bid not to complicate things, instead of MEP on november 25, I got IMM5475e ADR which I submitted same day, got BIL and MEP the following day, and I completed Biometrics the following day, November 28th. In the ADR, I again granted the cousin access to my file .
If you are in the pre-ITA or eAPR stage, try to maintain same information and fill this IMM5475e form if you want to allow or disallow a third party access to your file.

LAGOS We hail thee Lagosians, For you are rugged Nigerians, Come sunshine Come rain, Thine traffic and weather are as they are. Well, let say madam and son didn’t really enjoy the heat and mosquitoes. Thine mosquitoes are stubborn, as the insecticide dies down, the mosquiteos are back. Well, maybe my location sha. #lipSealed

SOCIAL MEDIA PROFILES I updated my facebook, Linkedin and twitter account to tally with what I do and submitted to IRCC. LinkdedIn account was checked by two different people in ghost mode, and 1 or 2 checks by unknown seemingly Nigerians.

I appreciate Praying parents, praying in-laws, praying cousins and a good friend. We’re just lucky.
All in all, Glory to the Father, Glory to the Son, Glory to the Holy Ghost, Glory Hallelujah.

Thanks to Nairaland and this thread from part 1. From the days of Dupysoo, JesusDWay, Damkollins etc to Newmum, Joo, sms2live, ifeoma, vickyehi... you guys are numerous to mention... Kudos to you guys that always got our backs.

congratulations

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by qonfupanda: 4:04pm On Jan 28, 2019
Hello house,
Is there any one who has used Wes to evaluate ond and hnd?.
A friend of mine used ICES and his result was evaluated has 4 years advanced diploma.
I don't know if WES is different.
Please help a brother.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Odogwucanada: 4:08pm On Jan 28, 2019
After completion of ECA and IELTS

moneybag4411:
Hello guys, correct we if I'm wrong

Kickstarted my Transcript request today
Intend writing IELTS 2nd March.

At what point am i to create my express entry profile?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Debsify: 4:28pm On Jan 28, 2019
Shyee:
@raphrulz
@Ifeoma77
@Chrisophad
@joo2018
@Youtook
@Kmgb1
@Debsify
@Josefuadjr
@Dannyko

Amen to the Prayers
Thanks for your wishes
Amen to your prayers too.

Amen and congratulations to you and your family. Go, be favoured and prosper in Canada.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by iamkunski: 4:35pm On Jan 28, 2019
WES is 2 more Certificates. That's what I have.

qonfupanda:
Hello house,
A friend of mine used ICES and his result was evaluated has 4 years advanced diploma.
Please help a brother.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Debsify: 4:36pm On Jan 28, 2019
Onyeenyeh:
Dear People of God, it's COPR finally

PPR: Mail dated December 18th, submitted December 19th
COPR: Dated Jan 21, picked up today.

This was another hell of a wait, but it has ended in praise. Can't wait for you all to testify.

Congratulations

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Funky123(f): 5:03pm On Jan 28, 2019
Harjeehbaday:

Finally I maxed out on IELTS, the computer-based test in Lagos paid off ! My CRS is now at 442.
Thanks everyone for your support.
congrats,May God perfect it and may you testimony be full
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Funky123(f): 5:05pm On Jan 28, 2019
Onyeenyeh:
Dear People of God, it's COPR finally

PPR: Mail dated December 18th, submitted December 19th
COPR: Dated Jan 21, picked up today.

This was another hell of a wait, but it has ended in praise. Can't wait for you all to testify.

Congrats

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by qonfupanda: 5:33pm On Jan 28, 2019
iamkunski:
WES is 2 more Certificates. That's what I have.

Many thanks bro
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by babydoll(f): 5:34pm On Jan 28, 2019
My name is Adenike Olawale, am new here, i read the Canadian express entry write up, I want know how it works, though have started with the wess thing, but someone just discourage me that there a point for age, and that might affect me and my spouse, though my spouse is the principal sponsor, secondly, do we both have to write the exams and what role does our kids play in this whole immigration visa thing, am confused Pls I need an answer. Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Dannyko: 5:39pm On Jan 28, 2019
ready4glory:

Hello sir, please, is the Treasury Bill Certificate the same thing as Treasury Bill Investment Advice?
Yes please
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Nobody: 5:43pm On Jan 28, 2019
https://applications.wes.org/ca/degree-equivalency-tool/poe.asp
qonfupanda:
Hello house,
Please help a brother.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by shyle02(m): 5:48pm On Jan 28, 2019
I am always reading this forum, I hope to share my story one day. smiley

20 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Dannyko: 5:53pm On Jan 28, 2019
iaatmguy:
grin grin grin grin you should have corrected him naa/. only God knows the number of people he would give wrong information
cheesy Honestly, I did but when it almost led to an argument, I kept mum.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by zohan101: 5:59pm On Jan 28, 2019
Good day every one in the house. Please i have a question to ask. What are the chances of getting a canadian PR Visa for an applicant who has never traveled out of Nigeria Please I am a bit worried as i have never been out of the shores of Nigeria sad sad. My educational verification and IELTS ( band 8 ) has been completed. Please i anticipate your response.Thank you @ all
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Topsmamen: 6:04pm On Jan 28, 2019
Don't fret fam. You are good to go. Even if you have never traveled outside your village, you're alright.

What's your CRS?
zohan101:
Good day every one in the house. Please i have a question to ask. What are the chances of getting a canadian PR Visa for an applicant who has never traveled out of Nigeria Please I am a bit worried as i have never been out of the shores of Nigeria sad sad. My educational verification and IELTS ( band 8 ) has been completed. Please i anticipate your response.Thank you @ all

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by joo2018: 6:05pm On Jan 28, 2019
100% chance. Previous traveling is not a criteria.
zohan101:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by ijoseda(m): 6:22pm On Jan 28, 2019
Madam,

You didnt need to put your full name on the post. Why dont you edit the post.

Please start from page 1. There are lots of information there. You can ask specific questions after going through those resources.

Cheers!

babydoll:

am new here, i read the Canadian express entry write up, I want know how it works, though have started with the wess thing, but someone just discourage me that there a point for age, and that might affect me and my spouse, though my spouse is the principal sponsor, secondly, do we both have to write the exams and what role does our kids play in this whole immigration visa thing, am confused Pls I need an answer. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by zohan101: 6:29pm On Jan 28, 2019
Topsmamen:
Don't fret fam. You are good to go. Even if you have never traveled outside your village, you're alright.

What's your CRS?

Thank you very much for your response smiley..CRS score - 470

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by zohan101: 6:33pm On Jan 28, 2019
Thank you very much for the info.

joo2018:
100% chance. Previous traveling is not a criteria.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by vickyehi: 6:37pm On Jan 28, 2019
hello fam!
please help a sis
I am about to submit an MPNP application and the system is asking for a secondary school transcript. please which document can I upload in this spot. is it the school testimonial?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by LecturerIFE: 6:44pm On Jan 28, 2019
Good evening fam

Please, for those that used Tbill certificate as POF 100%, did you have to submit a bank reference letter in addition to the Tbill certificate?

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by zannie(f): 6:46pm On Jan 28, 2019
babydoll:
My name is Adenike Olawale, am new here, i read the Canadian express entry write up, I want know how it works, though have started with the wess thing, but someone just discourage me that there a point for age, and that might affect me and my spouse, though my spouse is the principal sponsor, secondly, do we both have to write the exams and what role does our kids play in this whole immigration visa thing, am confused Pls I need an answer. Thanks

Don't be confused ok. Just take your time to go through page one. Jot beneficial info as you read.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by BookQuay(f): 7:02pm On Jan 28, 2019
Hello house. So this is my case and I appreciate all the response you gave her on my behalf. I have decided to do a 9months Professional Diploma in Education (PDE) in Federal College of Education Akoka.(although I have a BSc, I am a teacher.)
Would it suffice as two or more certificates. Thanks in anticipation

Congratulations to all the ITA recipients.

I would appreciate if a solution can be provided for a friend. Here is her case: age 24, IELTS result 8,7,7.5,7 in LRWS, BSC. Based on the CRS she has a simulated score of 431 and she's looking for how to boost her score. From NOUN, she found out she isn't eligible for a direct MSC Information Technology and has to do a PGD first which she's not sure what point it'd give if positively evaluated. The main contention is how can she boost her score and what programme can she enrol for that would be positively evaluated by any recognised body. Thanks in advance.

Pls, i have researched the thread and seems at wits end because of the info available here. Also, I saw a post about someone using a PGD from Caleb university but we have limited info as there's no way to contact the school directly. If anyone has any useful tips, we'd appreciate it. Thanks in advance.[/quote]
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by juicebox: 7:07pm On Jan 28, 2019
It's PPR Guys!!!
Summary of Timeline:
26 April 2018- ITA
1 May 2018- AOR
15 May 2018- ADR to rescan PCC
15 May 2018- Med passed
Then the wait started, requested and received 2 GCMS during the wait
fast forward to today 28 Jan 2019- Ghost Update
28 Jan 2019- PPR
VO- ACCRA
Thanks everyone, the info on this thread was of immense help

96 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Josefuadjr: 7:13pm On Jan 28, 2019
juicebox:
It's PPR Guys!!!
Summary of Timeline:
26 April 2018- ITA
1 May 2018- AOR
15 May 2018- Med passed
28 Jan 2019- PPR
VO- ACCRA

Congratulations. May Canada favour you

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Obi1conte: 7:25pm On Jan 28, 2019
juicebox:
It's PPR Guys!!!
Summary of Timeline:
26 April 2018- ITA
1 May 2018- AOR
15 May 2018- Med passed
28 Jan 2019- PPR
VO- ACCRA
C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S
Waoh! Accra VO sending shivers down my spine

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by ready4glory: 7:29pm On Jan 28, 2019
Dannyko:
Yes please

Thanks for your prompt response. I have that already, I guess I was worried for nothing.
I'll just have a final look at my application and then submit.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by iaatmguy(m): 7:33pm On Jan 28, 2019
Dannyko:
cheesy Honestly, I did but when it almost led to an argument, I kept mum.
at least you tried.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Youtook(f): 7:33pm On Jan 28, 2019
Accra?! This is good news. Congratulations. I wish you the best.

juicebox:
It's PPR Guys!!!
Summary of Timeline:
26 April 2018- ITA
1 May 2018- AOR
15 May 2018- Med passed
28 Jan 2019- PPR
VO- ACCRA

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by joo2018: 7:36pm On Jan 28, 2019
Congrats. Go and shine!
juicebox:
It's PPR Guys!!!
Summary of Timeline:
26 April 2018- ITA
1 May 2018- AOR
15 May 2018- Med passed
28 Jan 2019- PPR
VO- ACCRA

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (410) (411) (412) (413) (414) (415) (416) ... (511)

QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 / Travelling To Canada Part 6 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.