Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,396 members, 7,815,862 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:41 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 - Travel (417) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 (821669 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (414) (415) (416) (417) (418) (419) (420) ... (511) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Dannyko: 8:35am On Jan 29, 2019
LecturerIFE:
Good evening fam

Please, for those that used Tbill certificate as POF 100%, did you have to submit a bank reference letter in addition to the Tbill certificate?

Thanks
I used 100% Tbills and got a foreign reference letter in CIC format from the bank.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by FirstTImeUser: 8:44am On Jan 29, 2019
joo2018:
School address.

Look at it this way, if you schooled abroad, will you be asking this question?

Having said that, I believe some people might have used their home address without issues and always ensure you give consistent information on all visa applications.

OK......

and....thanks for being available always.I appreciate that

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Ifeoma77(f): 8:48am On Jan 29, 2019
bskyb:

I'm thinking of upgrading the ICES with Registered nursing alone (leaving out the registered midwife certificate) because each additional qualification costs 200 dollars.
I believe a combination of the RN and the already evaluated BSc will give a "2 or more certificate or diplomas" assessment.
What do you think?
I think that's a good plan. RN and BSc will definitely meet your requirements.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Ifeoma77(f): 8:53am On Jan 29, 2019
jhoci:
When the Lord turned again the captivity of Zion, we were like them that dream.
Then was our mouth filled with laughter, and our tongue with singing: then said they among the heathen, The Lord hath done great things for them.
The Lord hath done great things for us; whereof we are glad. - Psalm 126:1-3

Finally, it's PPR!!

I am currently filling visa applications for them
Awwwwwwww congratulations!!!!! Your Mum is a sweetie, God bless her.
Abeg tell your brothers to apply for the supervisa for her.
Canada family reunion loading... grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Ifeoma77(f): 8:56am On Jan 29, 2019
juicebox:
It's PPR Guys!!!
Summary of Timeline:
26 April 2018- ITA
1 May 2018- AOR
15 May 2018- ADR to rescan PCC
15 May 2018- Med passed
Then the wait started, requested and received 2 GCMS during the wait
fast forward to today 28 Jan 2019- Ghost Update
28 Jan 2019- PPR
VO- ACCRA
Thanks everyone, the info on this thread was of immense help
Congratulations!!!!!!!!
A release from Accra VO needs some tambourine shaking

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Ifeoma77(f): 8:59am On Jan 29, 2019
raphrulz:
Wow! this is an encouraging story..

It shows there is hope even in the midst of no hope!

The message here is always believe.

My sister, I pray for you today that as you step your feet into Canada, all things will continue working for you. There is no stopping you... Everything will work for your good... and Cannyland will be a home for great achievements.

I'll rate you 9.6/10. New comers on this thread that read this would be highly encouraged... and that is the key focus of my script marking.

Go and prosper.

God bless you.

Ifeom.a77.... your PPR is next in line!

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Ifeoma77(f): 9:04am On Jan 29, 2019
Guccigucci:
Hi guys

I want to start my journey , I’m presently living in the Uk with wifey and my son. I just finished my masters degree. I have a few questions I’d like answered

1. Concerning my ECA can I just evaluate my masters degree only as its my highest qualification or I add my B.sc ( Im actually avoiding the stress of the verification process with Nigerian institutions as much as possible)

2. I plan on using ICES is it advisable?

3. Wifey hasn’t gotten her B.sc certificate yet(Nigerian factor) can she still send her transcript for ECA without the certificate and at what point would she need her certificate ?

Thank you very much
1. Masters alone is okay.
2. With a foreign degree, WES is better.
3. If she has the Satement of Results, that is fine.

PS. Use ICES for wifey's ECA to avoid verification and WAEC issues. Or you can even simulate your scores. If your Masters - and IELTS from two of you - will give you above 440, she doesn't need to do the ECA.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Nobody: 9:08am On Jan 29, 2019
Ifeoma77:

Awwwwwwww congratulations!!!!! Your Mum is a sweetie, God bless her.
Abeg tell your brothers to apply for the supervisa for her.
Canada family reunion loading... grin grin
With those conditions? And it is still a Kalokalo something.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by bellville: 9:11am On Jan 29, 2019
Godisincontrol:

You can use WES for the LL.M alone
ok thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by EngrKem: 9:19am On Jan 29, 2019
Clarify and help a brother.
Education: Bsc Elect/Elect Advanced Diploma(2years.program) Shipping, port administration and mgt.
O/level is Neco and wishes to avoid waec verification hassle.
Marital Status: Single
Job: Business Man
Preparing for ielts
Pls how much minimum is require to be in the account?
Pls from u all experience, what is the likely outcome of success and what is the direction to take? Pls v been reading from page 1 too.just need answers. Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Rode20: 9:48am On Jan 29, 2019
Good morning Fam, please am filling my EE profile but I don't understand this part attached. Kindly help me

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by mikel88: 9:48am On Jan 29, 2019
Somebody should please advise me on this Abeg .... now I have created our profile my wife being the primary applicant so after creating since last week I couldn’t view the status of our submitted application. The “check your full application status” is not appearing already raised technical issue report to CIC but no solution at hand. Please has anyone experienced such please I need advice on what to do...
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by horlahxeyi: 10:05am On Jan 29, 2019
House please help.... I am new here and pls dont mind my ill manners.... I got ontario Nominatio invitation ,please whos on this journey , I have some findings to make.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by IOA18: 10:17am On Jan 29, 2019
This made me a bit teary. I'm so happy for you and i pray that God blesses you beyond your wildest dreams in your new land.

[quote author=jhoci post=75206891]When the Lord turned again the captivity of Zion, we were like them that dream.
Then was our mouth filled with laughter, and our tongue with singing: then said they among the heathen, The Lord hath done great things for them.

Finally, it's PPR!!

VERY LONG POST ALERT!

IELTS – March 2018 L9 S7.5 R8.5 W7 (British Council)
ECA – Nov 2017 to 25th July 2018
ITA – 8th August 2018
AOR – 16th August 2018
MEP/BIL – 13th Sept 2018
Biometrics done – 14th Sept 2018
1st GCMS – received 23rd Nov 2018
2nd GCMS – ordered 3rd Jan and yet to receive it.
Ghost update – 23rd Jan 2019
PPR – 25th Jan 2019 (dated 24th)
Passport submission – 28th Jan 2019
VO – Ottawa
Single applicant.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Debsify: 10:17am On Jan 29, 2019
juicebox:
It's PPR Guys!!!
VO- ACCRA
Congratulations
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Cifrag: 10:18am On Jan 29, 2019
nomad26:
See my answers in bold below. Good luck with your application!

Thank you so much but i am having some challenges while trying to initiate this request.

please send me your whatsapp number via this email: cynaclassic55@yahoo.com.

Thanks again.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by LOTRISH45: 10:20am On Jan 29, 2019
Waoh...!
Congratulations. May the new Land replenish all that has been lost.

jhoci:

Finally, it's PPR!!

VERY LONG POST ALERT!

ITA – 8th August 2018
AOR – 16th August 2018
MEP/BIL – 13th Sept 2018
VO – Ottawa
Single applicant.

Decision to relocate – I’ve never really wanted to relocate; my wish was to have enough money to travel whenever and wherever I wanted. My brother left for Canada with his family in 2015 via the old scheme and before he left, he said to me, you need to get out. He sent me links, but I never really looked at them. I kept giving excuses until we got a mail in the office about an impending retrenchment exercise, still I didn’t do anything. My job finally ended October 2017 and I traveled to my school in November to process my transcript.

IELTS – I wasn’t afraid of the exam, in fact my main motivation was to score higher than my brother (sibling rivalry things). I’m not much of a talker and I knew I stood no chance with my brother in the speaking test. I decided that I was going to beat him in the other sections and have a higher average, but it was never to be. I started with writing task 1 and it was great. As I was writing my concluding paragraph in task 2 a bell went off in my head, I had written a whole four paragraph essay on something different form the question . From a distance I heard, ten minutes more as the sweat started leaking out from my braided wig cry. What in the world would have made me make this type of mistake? I don’t use the cramming method when studying, so it wasn’t a case of copy and paste. I studied more about the techniques of writing IELTS and what the examiner expects, then just a few practice questions. Except the Listening test which I found exciting to practice, it felt like putting together pieces of a puzzle. Anyway, as the sound of the bells in my head calmed a bit, I looked at the question again and started writing down points to expand into paragraphs. The I remembered how long it took me to decide on a topic sentence for my introduction and saw that writing a fresh essay will be a futile effort. I settled for giving a great conclusion to the essay I had already written and hope for the best.
It was while I was doing a search about low IELTS score that I came across this thread. I then knew I had to also evaluate my master’s degree to make a good CRS point.
Study materials; IELTSLiz, Road to IELTS (BC) and I also did a free IELTS course on Edx.

ECA – I used WES. I hadn’t looked at the express entry process in detail, so I felt I could just use only my first degree. That was before the IELTS incident. Besides I have plans to continue a career with my first degree as my master’s degree is in a completely different field.
My ECA report came with a comment that the date of birth on my transcript was different form what I filled in my form. My school had increased my age by four years! shocked The excitement of getting my ECA just died when I saw the comment. I wrote to WES via the contact form and twitter. I also faxed copies of my birth certificate, WAEC certificate, international passport and even national ID card, all showing my correct date of birth. WES replied me after one month saying my school must resend my transcript with the correct information before they can send me an updated ECA report. Thanks to the good people I spoke with who assured me that I could go ahead and use the report like that. So, while I waited for WES to respond, I had gotten ITA and submitted my application. After seeing their response, I was glad I didn’t wait a whole month to continue with the process. In my application I attached all the documents I sent to WES to prove my correct date of birth and explained the mistake.

PCC – Superintendent Moshood to the rescue.

Medicals – this was done at IOM and I requested for a copy of my result which was sent via email

POF – One good thing that came from my retrenchment was my pay off grin. I changed it to dollars and put in a domiciliary account, I wanted to make it less accessible to me and avoid exchange rate issues.

NOC – I spent two months trying to find a matching NOC for my last job role to no avail. I shared it on the thread but couldn’t find a code for it. Following Newmum0615’s advise I decided to use my previous job role as my primary NOC since it spanned over three years.
Visa refusals – I had two UK visa refusals which I mentioned and attached one of the rejection letters. I was concerned about this because the reason for the second refusal had to do with the VO doubting my employment details. And the same job turned out to be the one I couldn’t find a NOC for. My fear was that It would give more weight to the UK VO’s comments. So, I got a reference letter from my company even though I no longer worked there. I also wrote a LOE addressing the comments by the UK VO and attached other documents relating to the said job.

Others – After I got my first GCMS notes and saw that the issue about my date of birth was not mentioned, I felt relieved.
- I called a couple of times before November 2018, since that time I haven’t been able to reach IRCC.
- I also sent a couple of mails to Ottawa VO and they always gave the same generic response.
- I sent a mail on the 24th after the ghost update to enquire what the update was about, and I got the passport request mail the next morning
- Losing my job was the wake up call I needed. I was depressed for some months (still comes and goes) and I would lie in bed until noon. I have always been independent so losing my job was like being stripped naked, I didn’t want to go out or be seen. My younger brother called me and encouraged me to continue with the Canada immigration plan (I had already registered with WES). I will never forget his words, approach this thing like you’re escaping for your life, like someone is trying to strangle you and you must fight. My ECA took eight months to complete and anytime I would return from Unilag or call IMSU without any positive news, I would just break down and cry. I was and I’m still out of job, my savings depleting and I always have this fear of having to ask for money to sustain myself.
I can’t thank God enough for this new lease on life he has just given me. It still feels like a dream and sometimes I check my mailbox to see if the email is still there. God never disappoints and his timing is always perfect and the best. I was worried about having to renew my rent soon, and I can imagine God smiling down and saying, my daughter you too worry! Cast your cares on him and have faith (not easy but doable).
I am grateful to 40manlappy, Newmum0615, ddymples and Hakeemgp for their help and suggestions. Especially Newmum for her patience. May God grant all your heart’s desires.
I appreciate everyone on this thread for all the contributions, whether na fight, joke or information. I want to specially mention joo2018, Ifeoma77 and Tojued, you guys are great!
For everyone here who feels like there’s no hope, I went from asking God “why me?’ sad to proclaiming “who am I Lord!” cheesy

Just keep the faith!

And some others: I was worried about how I would tell my parents, especially my mum about my approval. My younger brother left the country first, then my older brother (she was greatly affected by that one), now her only remaining child here (plus only daughter kwa), me. I know she wants the best for us but would prefer us being in proximity to them. So, I called my mum yesterday and told her;
Mum: (shouting for joy) ehen remember you promised to take me out when you get approval. I want to go to Jevinik. grin
Me: Jisos! shocked mummy I thought you’d be sad. (disappointed but relieved)
Mum: I’m sad you’ll be leaving but I know better now. This country holds no hope for you, look at how long you’ve been out of job. Go and find something new, just do my visa for me.

I am currently filling visa applications for them

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by boco2126: 10:21am On Jan 29, 2019
Just click on her moniker, you will need her authorization before you can send her an email. Nairaland will send a request on your behalf to her first
cmaamaa:

Please can i have her email address please.

Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Susizo: 10:23am On Jan 29, 2019
quote author=joo2018 post=75213915]Current biographical data page. Check here

[/quote]

Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Hobyno: 10:29am On Jan 29, 2019
Elcid1:
Pls how can I get hard copy of my ECA from ICES since they don't allow P.o box address
Via courier or if you have a relative in Canda or US that can receive and scan to u to avoid courier charges

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by joo2018: 10:29am On Jan 29, 2019
When did you raise the technical CSE?

mikel88:
Somebody should please advise me on this Abeg .... now I have created our profile my wife being the primary applicant so after creating since last week I couldn’t view the status of our submitted application. The “check your full application status” is not appearing already raised technical issue report to CIC but no solution at hand. Please has anyone experienced such please I need advice on what to do...
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Debsify: 10:30am On Jan 29, 2019
congratulations
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by jholarharde(f): 10:30am On Jan 29, 2019
jhoci:
cheesy cheesy I'll tell her. Thanks!

congratulations darling. God sure makes everything beautiful in his time. oya go and start something fresh as momcy suggested. grin. all the best

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by GozyNA: 10:31am On Jan 29, 2019
jhoci:

Finally, it's PPR!!

VERY LONG POST ALERT!

ITA – 8th August 2018
AOR – 16th August 2018
MEP/BIL – 13th Sept 2018
VO – Ottawa
Single applicant.

Congratulations. I can relate to this story in so many ways. One of the top 3 PPR stories I've read here. Go and prosper. God bless you!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Debsify: 10:32am On Jan 29, 2019
jhoci:

Finally, it's PPR!!

VERY LONG POST ALERT!

Congratulations

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by yinmex: 10:36am On Jan 29, 2019
[quote author=boco2126 post=73293040]
Please am interested in the materials Olawale.yinka@yahoo.com
quote author=boco2126 post=73293040]

Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by mikel88: 10:45am On Jan 29, 2019
joo2018:
When did you raise the technical CSE?

it was raised on 24th of this month.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by joo2018: 10:59am On Jan 29, 2019
5 days now. Hang on, I believe you should soon get a response.
mikel88:
it was raised on 24th of this month.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Cifrag: 10:59am On Jan 29, 2019
nomad26:
See my answers in bold below. Good luck with your application!

Thanks a lot.
Please, am having some challenges with initiating the request.
They included an $20 charge for additional copy. i really dont need an additional copy but i cant see an option to exempt it.

Kindly send your whatsapp number to my email address; cynaclassic55@yahoo.com so i can engage you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by temmyo: 11:11am On Jan 29, 2019
Congratulations!!!

Been so down since i found out my application was at Accra. I almost wish i hadn't even bothered to inquire. I don't know how you managed through the months especially seeing October and November AORs getting PPR. You are a superstar!

AOR- September 6

juicebox:
It's PPR Guys!!!
Summary of Timeline:
26 April 2018- ITA
1 May 2018- AOR
15 May 2018- ADR to rescan PCC
15 May 2018- Med passed
Then the wait started, requested and received 2 GCMS during the wait
fast forward to today 28 Jan 2019- Ghost Update
28 Jan 2019- PPR
VO- ACCRA
Thanks everyone, the info on this thread was of immense help

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Elcid1(m): 11:12am On Jan 29, 2019
Hobyno:

Via courier or if you have a relative in Canda or US that can receive and scan to u to avoid courier charges

By using courier, wouldnt it requure an address. OKs explain how I can use it. I stay in Porharcourt.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by smslive2: 11:18am On Jan 29, 2019
Hello, My Name is Peter Yemi Abubakar Mohammed.... I was once in the same boat as you and this link here helped me a lot. You are Welcome!
babydoll:
My name is Adenike Olawale, am new here, i read the Canadian express entry write up, I want know how it works, though have started with the wess thing, but someone just discourage me that there a point for age, and that might affect me and my spouse, though my spouse is the principal sponsor, secondly, do we both have to write the exams and what role does our kids play in this whole immigration visa thing, am confused Pls I need an answer. Thanks

12 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (414) (415) (416) (417) (418) (419) (420) ... (511)

QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 / Travelling To Canada Part 6 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.