Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,386 members, 7,815,825 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:59 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 - Travel (418) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 (821656 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (415) (416) (417) (418) (419) (420) (421) ... (511) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by smslive2: 11:23am On Jan 29, 2019
Congratulations to @juicebox and @jhoci. Go and Excel

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Amandacanny: 11:38am On Jan 29, 2019
Be grading people upandan. We dey wait for you. Nah then you go know say grading nah our talent grin
raphrulz:
Wow! this is an encouraging story..

It shows there is hope even in the midst of no hope!

The message here is always believe.

My sister, I pray for you today that as you step your feet into Canada, all things will continue working for you. There is no stopping you... Everything will work for your good... and Cannyland will be a home for great achievements.

I'll rate you 9.6/10. New comers on this thread that read this would be highly encouraged... and that is the key focus of my script marking.

Go and prosper.

God bless you.

Ifeoma77.... your PPR is next in line!

10 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Judzygal(f): 11:46am On Jan 29, 2019
Please who has used ICES for evaluation?

Which delivery method did you use..
*Regular mail
Or
*Courier

How long did it take you to receive your report using REGULAR MAIL ?
Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by damzy88: 11:48am On Jan 29, 2019
jhoci:
When the Lord turned again the captivity of Zion, we were like them that dream.
Then was our mouth filled with laughter, and our tongue with singing: then said they among the heathen, The Lord hath done great things for them.
The Lord hath done great things for us; whereof we are glad. - Psalm 126:1-3

Finally, it's PPR!!

VERY LONG POST ALERT!

IELTS – March 2018 L9 S7.5 R8.5 W7 (British Council)
ECA – Nov 2017 to 25th July 2018
ITA – 8th August 2018
AOR – 16th August 2018
MEP/BIL – 13th Sept 2018
Biometrics done – 14th Sept 2018
1st GCMS – received 23rd Nov 2018
2nd GCMS – ordered 3rd Jan and yet to receive it.
Ghost update – 23rd Jan 2019
PPR – 25th Jan 2019 (dated 24th)
Passport submission – 28th Jan 2019
VO – Ottawa
Single applicant.

Decision to relocate – I’ve never really wanted to relocate; my wish was to have enough money to travel whenever and wherever I wanted. My brother left for Canada with his family in 2015 via the old scheme and before he left, he said to me, you need to get out. He sent me links, but I never really looked at them. I kept giving excuses until we got a mail in the office about an impending retrenchment exercise, still I didn’t do anything. My job finally ended October 2017 and I traveled to my school in November to process my transcript.

IELTS – I wasn’t afraid of the exam, in fact my main motivation was to score higher than my brother (sibling rivalry things). I’m not much of a talker and I knew I stood no chance with my brother in the speaking test. I decided that I was going to beat him in the other sections and have a higher average, but it was never to be. I started with writing task 1 and it was great. As I was writing my concluding paragraph in task 2 a bell went off in my head, I had written a whole four paragraph essay on something different form the question . From a distance I heard, ten minutes more as the sweat started leaking out from my braided wig cry. What in the world would have made me make this type of mistake? I don’t use the cramming method when studying, so it wasn’t a case of copy and paste. I studied more about the techniques of writing IELTS and what the examiner expects, then just a few practice questions. Except the Listening test which I found exciting to practice, it felt like putting together pieces of a puzzle. Anyway, as the sound of the bells in my head calmed a bit, I looked at the question again and started writing down points to expand into paragraphs. The I remembered how long it took me to decide on a topic sentence for my introduction and saw that writing a fresh essay will be a futile effort. I settled for giving a great conclusion to the essay I had already written and hope for the best.
It was while I was doing a search about low IELTS score that I came across this thread. I then knew I had to also evaluate my master’s degree to make a good CRS point.
Study materials; IELTSLiz, Road to IELTS (BC) and I also did a free IELTS course on Edx.

ECA – I used WES. I hadn’t looked at the express entry process in detail, so I felt I could just use only my first degree. That was before the IELTS incident. Besides I have plans to continue a career with my first degree as my master’s degree is in a completely different field.
My ECA report came with a comment that the date of birth on my transcript was different form what I filled in my form. My school had increased my age by four years! shocked The excitement of getting my ECA just died when I saw the comment. I wrote to WES via the contact form and twitter. I also faxed copies of my birth certificate, WAEC certificate, international passport and even national ID card, all showing my correct date of birth. WES replied me after one month saying my school must resend my transcript with the correct information before they can send me an updated ECA report. Thanks to the good people I spoke with who assured me that I could go ahead and use the report like that. So, while I waited for WES to respond, I had gotten ITA and submitted my application. After seeing their response, I was glad I didn’t wait a whole month to continue with the process. In my application I attached all the documents I sent to WES to prove my correct date of birth and explained the mistake.

PCC – Superintendent Moshood to the rescue.

Medicals – this was done at IOM and I requested for a copy of my result which was sent via email

POF – One good thing that came from my retrenchment was my pay off grin. I changed it to dollars and put in a domiciliary account, I wanted to make it less accessible to me and avoid exchange rate issues.

NOC – I spent two months trying to find a matching NOC for my last job role to no avail. I shared it on the thread but couldn’t find a code for it. Following Newmum0615’s advise I decided to use my previous job role as my primary NOC since it spanned over three years.
Visa refusals – I had two UK visa refusals which I mentioned and attached one of the rejection letters. I was concerned about this because the reason for the second refusal had to do with the VO doubting my employment details. And the same job turned out to be the one I couldn’t find a NOC for. My fear was that It would give more weight to the UK VO’s comments. So, I got a reference letter from my company even though I no longer worked there. I also wrote a LOE addressing the comments by the UK VO and attached other documents relating to the said job.

Others – After I got my first GCMS notes and saw that the issue about my date of birth was not mentioned, I felt relieved.
- I called a couple of times before November 2018, since that time I haven’t been able to reach IRCC.
- I also sent a couple of mails to Ottawa VO and they always gave the same generic response.
- I sent a mail on the 24th after the ghost update to enquire what the update was about, and I got the passport request mail the next morning
- Losing my job was the wake up call I needed. I was depressed for some months (still comes and goes) and I would lie in bed until noon. I have always been independent so losing my job was like being stripped naked, I didn’t want to go out or be seen. My younger brother called me and encouraged me to continue with the Canada immigration plan (I had already registered with WES). I will never forget his words, approach this thing like you’re escaping for your life, like someone is trying to strangle you and you must fight. My ECA took eight months to complete and anytime I would return from Unilag or call IMSU without any positive news, I would just break down and cry. I was and I’m still out of job, my savings depleting and I always have this fear of having to ask for money to sustain myself.
I can’t thank God enough for this new lease on life he has just given me. It still feels like a dream and sometimes I check my mailbox to see if the email is still there. God never disappoints and his timing is always perfect and the best. I was worried about having to renew my rent soon, and I can imagine God smiling down and saying, my daughter you too worry! Cast your cares on him and have faith (not easy but doable).
I am grateful to 40manlappy, Newmum0615, ddymples and Hakeemgp for their help and suggestions. Especially Newmum for her patience. May God grant all your heart’s desires.
I appreciate everyone on this thread for all the contributions, whether na fight, joke or information. I want to specially mention joo2018, Ifeoma77 and Tojued, you guys are great!
For everyone here who feels like there’s no hope, I went from asking God “why me?’ sad to proclaiming “who am I Lord!” cheesy

Just keep the faith!

And some others: I was worried about how I would tell my parents, especially my mum about my approval. My younger brother left the country first, then my older brother (she was greatly affected by that one), now her only remaining child here (plus only daughter kwa), me. I know she wants the best for us but would prefer us being in proximity to them. So, I called my mum yesterday and told her;
Mum: (shouting for joy) ehen remember you promised to take me out when you get approval. I want to go to Jevinik. grin
Me: Jisos! shocked mummy I thought you’d be sad. (disappointed but relieved)
Mum: I’m sad you’ll be leaving but I know better now. This country holds no hope for you, look at how long you’ve been out of job. Go and find something new, just do my visa for me.

I am currently filling visa applications for them
One of the most emotional PPR story cry cry embarassed grin

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by smslive2: 11:58am On Jan 29, 2019
Dont loud it please
Amandacanny:
Be grading people upandan. We dey wait for you. Nah then you go know say grading nah our talent grin

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Guccigucci(m): 12:01pm On Jan 29, 2019
Thank you very much

234ng44uk:

Welcome to the club. It's now obvious that UK is just another bus stop, Canada is the destination.

1,2. It's best to evaluate with WES since your masters is from the UK. Evaluate masters only and you'll get your evaluation completed within 30 days! Only highest degree is required. The delay is much longer if your include your Nigerian 1st degree, they'll even request for your ssce results, a requirement you'll skip if you use your UK masters only.

3. Statement of result is fine. The school will send the transcripts anyway. Not you.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Guccigucci(m): 12:02pm On Jan 29, 2019
Ifeoma77:

1. Masters alone is okay.
2. With a foreign degree, WES is better.
3. If she has the Satement of Results, that is fine.

PS. Use ICES for wifey's ECA to avoid verification and WAEC issues. Or you can even simulate your scores. If your Masters - and IELTS from two of you - will give you above 440, she doesn't need to do the ECA.

Thanks that’s very helpful!!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by GozyNA: 12:05pm On Jan 29, 2019
grin

smslive2:
Hello, My Name is Peter Yemi Abubakar Mohammed.... I was once in the same boat as you and this link here helped me a lot. You are Welcome!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by capsule(m): 12:24pm On Jan 29, 2019
capsule:

the thing is somehow, same with mine, I applied since 21st Dec'18, sent a follow up mail to Aussie yesterday, Aussie peeps them never see my eor request.

guys, my eor came back, speaking got upgraded to 7 from 6.5.
LRWS 8.5,7,7.5,7
This was my third attempt (First with MOD) .
Ielts took my self esteem away. I just got it back.

64 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by DrYa: 12:26pm On Jan 29, 2019
Good morning fam, pls i've tried searc hing all through, yet i didnt get an answer to my concerns, thats why am raising it here, for Med Doctors who wants to be the principal applicant, must i have gone through(and passed) the canadian certification exam for my profession before i can evaluate my result, if not will my nigerian Mbbs certificate be evaluated as a professional one ready to be used to practise in canada? kindly help a sister pls.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Thaiy(m): 12:39pm On Jan 29, 2019
[quote author=Soniayande post=75214374]

Kindly assist with how NECO can get evaluated, I am at the point of evaluating my O’levels result.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by mia21: 12:49pm On Jan 29, 2019
Hi everyone, pls I want to know if it's only in WAEC office Lagos(Yaba) that I can get my results sent to WES or can I do it from anywhere, like WAEC office Enugu.
Thank u guys for all the help and support u've bin giving those of us who have questions to ask. I appreciate.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Kmgb1: 12:51pm On Jan 29, 2019
capsule:

LRWS 8.5,7,7.5,7

Happy for you...Congratulations

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Hobyno: 12:56pm On Jan 29, 2019
Elcid1:

By using courier, wouldnt it requure an address. OKs explain how I can use it. I stay in Porharcourt.
Obviously you will use the portharcourt address you want it sent to and the courier will definitely come at a cost guess its 75Cad
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Ifeoma77(f): 1:02pm On Jan 29, 2019
smslive2:
Hello, My Name is Peter Yemi Abubakar Mohammed.... I was once in the same boat as you and this link here helped me a lot. You are Welcome!
My name is Ifeoma J Trudeau and I found that link very helpful too
grin

19 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Ifeoma77(f): 1:07pm On Jan 29, 2019
capsule:

LRWS 8.5,7,7.5,7
Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Happy for you

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by mikel88: 1:10pm On Jan 29, 2019
joo2018:
5 days now. Hang on, I believe you should soon get a response.
Thank you ..Fingers crossed
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Richness1104: 1:15pm On Jan 29, 2019
jhoci:
When the Lord turned again the captivity of
2nd GCMS – ordered
It was while I was doing a search about low IELTS score that I came across this thread. I then knew I had to also evaluate my master’s degree to make a good CRS point.
Study materials; IELTSLiz, Road to IELTS (BC) and I also did a free IELTS course on Edx.

ECA – I used WES. I hadn’t looked at the express entry process in detail, so I felt I could just use only my first degree. That was before the IELTS incident. Besides I have plans to continue a career with my first degree as my master’s degree is in a completely different field.
My ECA report came with a comment that the date of birth on my transcript was different form what I filled in my form. My school had increased my age by four years! shocked The excitement of getting my ECA just died when I saw the comment. I wrote to WES via the contact form and twitter. I also faxed copies of my birth certificate, WAEC certificate, international passport and even national ID card, all showing my correct date of birth. WES replied me after one month saying my school must resend my transcript with the correct information before they can send me an updated ECA report. Thanks to the good people I spoke with who assured me that I could go ahead and use the report like that. So, while I waited for WES to respond, I had gotten ITA and submitted my application. After seeing their response, I was glad I didn’t wait a whole month to continue with the process. In my application I attached all the documents I sent to WES to prove my correct date of birth and explained the mistake.

PCC – Superintendent Moshood to the rescue.

Medicals – this was done at IOM and I requested for a copy of my result which was sent via email

POF – One good thing that came from my retrenchment was my pay off grin. I changed it to dollars and put in a domiciliary account, I wanted to make it less accessible to me and avoid exchange rate issues.

NOC – I spent two months trying to find a matching NOC for my last job role to no avail. I shared it on the thread but couldn’t find a code for it. Following Newmum0615’s advise I decided to use my previous job role as my primary NOC since it spanned over three years.
Visa refusals – I had two UK visa refusals which I mentioned and attached one of the rejection letters. I was concerned about this because the reason for the second refusal had to do with the VO doubting my employment details. And the same job turned out to be the one I couldn’t find a NOC for. My fear was that It would give more weight to the UK VO’s comments. So, I got a reference letter from my company even though I no longer worked there. I also wrote a LOE addressing the comments by the UK VO and attached other documents relating to the said job.

Others – After I got my first GCMS notes and saw that the issue about my date of birth was not mentioned, I felt relieved.
- I called a couple of times before November 2018, since that time I haven’t been able to reach IRCC.
- I also sent a couple of mails to Ottawa VO and they always gave the same generic response.
- I sent a mail on the 24th after the ghost update to enquire what the update was about, and I got the passport request mail the next morning
- Losing my job was the wake up call I needed. I was depressed for some months (still comes and goes) and I would lie in bed until noon. I have always been independent so losing my job was like being stripped naked, I didn’t want to go out or be seen. My younger brother called me and encouraged me to continue with the Canada immigration plan (I had already registered with WES). I will never forget his words, approach this thing like you’re escaping for your life, like someone is trying to strangle you and you must fight. My ECA took eight months to complete and anytime I would return from Unilag or call IMSU without any positive news, I would just break down and cry. I was and I’m still out of job, my savings depleting and I always have this fear of having to ask for money to sustain myself.

I am currently filling visa applications for them
This brought tears to my eyes. How wonderful God is. Am so happy for you and I pray for mine too

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by OlumisiI: 1:15pm On Jan 29, 2019
Congratulations. such a touching story.

jhoci:
When the Lord turned again the captivity of Zion, we were like them that dream.
Then was our mouth filled with laughter, and our tongue with singing: then said they among the heathen, The Lord hath done great things for them.
The Lord hath done great things for us; whereof we are glad. - Psalm 126:1-3

Finally, it's PPR!!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Ifeoma77(f): 1:21pm On Jan 29, 2019
DrYa:
Good morning fam, pls i've tried searc hing all through, yet i didnt get an answer to my concerns, thats why am raising it here, for Med Doctors who wants to be the principal applicant, must i have gone through(and passed) the canadian certification exam for my profession before i can evaluate my result, if not will my nigerian Mbbs certificate be evaluated as a professional one ready to be used to practise in canada? kindly help a sister pls.

No you don't have to have passed your certification before applying for permanent residence but your ECA has to be done with MCC.
@drcynthi.a finished work in describing step by step how to get that done, as you read the information on the link below, say a short prayer for God to bless her.

https://www.nairaland.com/4843199/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/160#73654641

After you land in Canada, you can then start the process of getting certified, the ECA is professional but not ready to be used. But you'll cross that bridge when you get there.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Tojued: 1:24pm On Jan 29, 2019
congratulations @jhoci and @juicebox cheesy cheesy cheesy better things ahead!!!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Mctee07: 1:25pm On Jan 29, 2019
Hello guys

Good afternoon

Please anyone with a contact in UI admission and record office for transcripts request?

Will appreciate the assistance. Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by LecturerIFE: 1:27pm On Jan 29, 2019
Dannyko:
I used 100% Tbills and got a foreign reference letter in CIC format from the bank.

Thanks. I have got the Tbill certificate, but my bank isn't willing to issue anything else beside that. Given that the investment was done for the sole purpose of using it for POF, I am worried that IRCC may raise questions later if I use only the certificate.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by FirstTImeUser: 1:29pm On Jan 29, 2019
Hello house,please is it compulsory I notarize a gift deed from a family member? I read somewhere on this thread that I might not need to since it is from a family member.
Kindly help to clarify.thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Mctee07: 1:33pm On Jan 29, 2019
Also please, can I verify a CFA INVESTMENT FOUNDATION CERTIFICATE for more points?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by MsJanez01: 1:43pm On Jan 29, 2019
Debsify:
Be expecting to hear from them from next week or in two weeks time, then you'll know whether they accepted your docs or not
My status is showing Application received since 22nd of November. They also confirmed receipt via mail. Am only calm cause they stated 12 working weeks on their site. But its really long fah

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Adunnee: 1:44pm On Jan 29, 2019
A friend's family did upfront medicals before obtaining ITA but they switched primary applicant from the husband to the wife because the wife has a better IELTS score. Would this have any negative effect on their application?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by MsJanez01: 1:44pm On Jan 29, 2019
Shyee:

Due to high volume of applications, the timelines may have changed! It was five weeks for mine!

Please when was this
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by DrYa: 1:47pm On Jan 29, 2019
Ifeoma77:

No you don't have to have passed your certification before applying for permanent residence but your ECA has to be done with MCC.
@drcynthi.a finished work in describing step by step how to get that done, as you read the information on the link below, say a short prayer for God to bless her.

https://www.nairaland.com/4843199/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/160#73654641

After you land in Canada, you can then start the process of getting certified, the ECA is professional but not ready to be used. But you'll cross that bridge when you get there.
God bless you
more grace to you

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (415) (416) (417) (418) (419) (420) (421) ... (511)

QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 / Travelling To Canada Part 6 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.