Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,226 members, 7,825,870 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 04:04 AM

Igbos Are Not Tribalists - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbos Are Not Tribalists (5514 Views)

Some Nairaland Mods Are Tribalists / Giannis Ugochukwu Antetokounmpo - Sending A Clear Message To Tribalists / Obi Supporters Are Igbo Tribalists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbos Are Not Tribalists by Westbestside: 1:10pm On Nov 14, 2018
KANUISALIVE:
[s][/s]

Hunger bad.

Western region as a whole gets it's glory from lagos, Lagos that was once a capital

No yoruba man will agree that he hails from ogbomosho all of them are from Lagos even those who have never been to Lagos will still claim
Lol, and stat keeps pegging you back. Yea, you are right, no yoruba man will claim to come from ogbomoso, it is arochukwu they will claim to come from.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Are Not Tribalists by bless1015(m): 1:31pm On Nov 14, 2018
mrvitalis:
Saying igbos are tribalistic is on one the funniest thing I hear every time

Go to any city in Nigeria after the indigenous people igbos are next and when we live.. We take the place like our own... Build empires without minding

How many hausas has duplex in Ibadan... I sure know lots of igbos who have heavy investments in Ibadan, how many Yorubas have duplex in jos or kano, or kaduna or even jalingo... Igbos go here and develop this this places to the way they would if they are at home

I know what my family went true to buy lands in bayelsa, once you are igbo the price is double, some won't even sale for you

Now go to aba, enugu, owerri, how many Yoruba and Hausas own property in this places... Yet they are the first to scream one nigeria

Any igbo has never asked for an advantage... All we need is equal front let merit lead
keep deceiving urslf.until u start developing ur place and stop developing other ppls place no one will take u serious. u claimed that Rivers States seized ur properties after d war.yet today u still hv properties all over Rivers. is that not foolishness. until u mk ur place a better place to live igbos will never be respected in Nigeria. u claimed to developed other ppl place. and left ur place in ruined. you will keep being slaves and a foreigners in other regions.until u invest in ur place n live there.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Are Not Tribalists by Bede2u(m): 2:00pm On Nov 14, 2018
Westbestside:
Many first you say? So the many first do not have name. Who acknowledge the east as the fastest growing economy in africa in 1965. Can you bring out the prove? So igbo dominated govt, is that mot the reason ironsi changed the system from regional to unitary just to favour igbos and no other tribe shout marginalization before the table turns and you are shouting marginalization.
The Eastern region ranked as the nation's leading palm oil producer. Late in the nineteenth century, the southern portion of the region was part of the brief Oil Rivers Protectorate, a province named after palm produce. In the early 1960s, palm oil contributed close to 90% of the region's export earnings at a time the country supplied a third of the world palm produce. To the south, towards the lagoons and the creeks fishery is a source of living.

The region in the 1960s possessed the leading commercial coal reserve in West Africa, however, competition from alternative sources of energy such as natural gas and diesel led to a rosy future for the industry. An important gas powered plant was erected at Afam and associated gas was piped to supply energy to the Trans Amadi Industrial Estate in Port Harcourt. Increasing production from oil further led to the industrial development of the Port Harcourt area towards the end of the Nigerian first republic.

The three regional governments earn revenue through direct and indirect taxes and remittances of agricultural export duties from the federal government.
http://nigerianwiki.com/Eastern_Region

No one conversant with the history of Nigeria in the I950s and 1960’s will miss the overwhelming impact of Dr M.I. Okpara on the nation. After all by 1964 he was fully in charge of the fastest growing and industrialising economy in the world- the Eastern Nigerian economy.
https://oblongmedia.net/2017/12/12/when-eastern-nigeria-was-one-of-the-fastest-growing-economies-in-the-world/amp/

As I pointed out in a public lecture in 1995, by 1964- five years after Okpara’s ascendancy to the premiership- Eastern Nigeria as recorded by a research group in Michigan State University in the US, Eastern Nigeria was the fastest growing and industrialising economy in the world – ahead of Malaysia, Korea, Taiwan and Singapore.
Professor Anya O Anya, PhD (Cambridge) D.Sc (Hon) FAS, OFR, NNOM

Abuja 26 February 2014

The 1st president, 1st speaker, 1st senate president, 1st chief of army, 1st inspector general of police, richest nigerian, 1st president of nigerian stock exchange, 1st indegenous independent uni, 1st indegenous vc of a college. The ones i can remeber.

Aguiyi ironsi actually surrounded himseld with northerners...even his adc was from north...no wonder it was easy to kill him.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Are Not Tribalists by nijabazaar: 2:09pm On Nov 14, 2018
goodnessme1:
I joined nairaland because of the hatred yorubas and hausa shows against igbos here.

Let the hatred continue because we are here to pay them in their own coins.

I support you...
Re: Igbos Are Not Tribalists by Almaiga: 2:21pm On Nov 14, 2018
KANUISALIVE:

So selling Ewedu is a bad thing that Lol

Your chest beating is the reason why your Northern masters will never allow you have Biafra.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Are Not Tribalists by Westbestside: 2:50pm On Nov 14, 2018
Bede2u:
The Eastern region ranked as the nation's leading palm oil producer. Late in the nineteenth century, the southern portion of the region was part of the brief Oil Rivers Protectorate, a province named after palm produce. In the early 1960s, palm oil contributed close to 90% of the region's export earnings at a time the country supplied a third of the world palm produce. To the south, towards the lagoons and the creeks fishery is a source of living.

The region in the 1960s possessed the leading commercial coal reserve in West Africa, however, competition from alternative sources of energy such as natural gas and diesel led to a rosy future for the industry. An important gas powered plant was erected at Afam and associated gas was piped to supply energy to the Trans Amadi Industrial Estate in Port Harcourt. Increasing production from oil further led to the industrial development of the Port Harcourt area towards the end of the Nigerian first republic.

The three regional governments earn revenue through direct and indirect taxes and remittances of agricultural export duties from the federal government.
http://nigerianwiki.com/Eastern_Region

No one conversant with the history of Nigeria in the I950s and 1960’s will miss the overwhelming impact of Dr M.I. Okpara on the nation. After all by 1964 he was fully in charge of the fastest growing and industrialising economy in the world- the Eastern Nigerian economy.
https://oblongmedia.net/2017/12/12/when-eastern-nigeria-was-one-of-the-fastest-growing-economies-in-the-world/amp/

As I pointed out in a public lecture in 1995, by 1964- five years after Okpara’s ascendancy to the premiership- Eastern Nigeria as recorded by a research group in Michigan State University in the US, Eastern Nigeria was the fastest growing and industrialising economy in the world – ahead of Malaysia, Korea, Taiwan and Singapore.
Professor Anya O Anya, PhD (Cambridge) D.Sc (Hon) FAS, OFR, NNOM

Abuja 26 February 2014

The 1st president, 1st speaker, 1st senate president, 1st chief of army, 1st inspector general of police, richest nigerian, 1st president of nigerian stock exchange, 1st indegenous independent uni, 1st indegenous vc of a college. The ones i can remeber.

Aguiyi ironsi actually surrounded himseld with northerners...even his adc was from north...no wonder it was easy to kill him.
I did agree on politcs section though, but with all these, no other region shout marginalization. So why are you guys now shouting that now. Then, it was good and you guys want it to rain like that. I was expecting you to mention first in proffesions and establishment.
Re: Igbos Are Not Tribalists by Bede2u(m): 3:06pm On Nov 14, 2018
Westbestside:
I did agree on politcs section though, but with all these, no other region shout marginalization. So why are you guys now shouting that now. Then, it was good and you guys want it to rain like that. I was expecting you to mention first in proffesions and establishment.
the ones i remember i mentioned.

Why are we shouting marginalisation? Really? So because we once had it good, we should never complaij again after having it bad for 40+ years now?

All our federal roads and school left to rot by vindictive rulers past...wat are we supposed to be shouting? Just that gej tried for us in only 4yrs...yorubas went to town shouting marginalisation and teaming up with a bigot they didnt wanna touch just 4 years earlier...look in the mirrow bro
Re: Igbos Are Not Tribalists by Nobody: 3:09pm On Nov 14, 2018
bless1015:
keep deceiving urslf.until u start developing ur place and stop developing other ppls place no one will take u serious. u claimed that Rivers States seized ur properties after d war.yet today u still hv properties all over Rivers. is that not foolishness. until u mk ur place a better place to live igbos will never be respected in Nigeria. u claimed to developed other ppl place. and left ur place in ruined. you will keep being slaves and a foreigners in other regions.until u invest in ur place n live there.

God bless you.

This is what I have been telling igbos for 7 years but all I get in return is insults.

#istandwithbuharitill2023
Re: Igbos Are Not Tribalists by Nobody: 3:14pm On Nov 14, 2018
Bede2u:

Why are we shouting marginalisation? Really? So because we once had it good, we should never complaij again after having it bad for 40+ years now?

All our federal roads and school left to rot by vindictive rulers past...wat are we supposed to be shouting? Just that gej tried for us in only 4yrs...yorubas went to town shouting marginalisation and teaming up with a bigot they didnt wanna touch just 4 years earlier...look in the mirrow bro

Spotted u again in action...
Re: Igbos Are Not Tribalists by Bede2u(m): 3:18pm On Nov 14, 2018
Osagyefo98:

Spotted u again in action...
i have left the other thread for u. Gi na ihe mee!
Re: Igbos Are Not Tribalists by Westbestside: 9:46pm On Nov 14, 2018
Bede2u:

But in 2011, when yoruba supported him and he abandoned the same people that supported him and marginalised them. What do you expect them to do. Vote him in again or what. So if something is not favoring you, you are telling me you will continue with it? Tell me what you expect yorubas to do for gej when he abandoned them?
Re: Igbos Are Not Tribalists by MeanChris(m): 1:00am On Nov 15, 2018
WORLDPEACE:

You have written the kind of article every right thinking person should write. I believe people like us abound but we don't speak up enough. Check my profile and see similar article I have written promoting peace. You have earned my followership. I'd advise that you spend time on quora more if you don't already. It is a place for intellectuals from all over the world. Not a place for sentimentality. Seun is to blame for this. He has become a heartless capitalist who gets rich off of all these tribal rubbish. It generates traffic for him. If he does not want nairaland to be like this, it will not. But he is making money off people hating one another.
I am Yoruba and I believe you when you say you are not a hateful person.

Thank you very much. I really appreciate your kind reply. We'll continue making our voices heard to anyone who cares to listen that it doesn't pay to be hateful. Nigeria shall be great by God's grace.

Thanks again

1 Like

Re: Igbos Are Not Tribalists by Bede2u(m): 2:34am On Nov 15, 2018
Westbestside:
But in 2011, when yoruba supported him and he abandoned the same people that supported him and marginalised them. What do you expect them to do. Vote him in again or what. So if something is not favoring you, you are telling me you will continue with it? Tell me what you expect yorubas to do for gej when he abandoned them?
exactly....so we can agree that if u feel marginalised...u should agitate. Thats wat igbos are doing
Re: Igbos Are Not Tribalists by Westbestside: 6:07am On Nov 15, 2018
Bede2u:
exactly....so we can agree that if u feel marginalised...u should agitate. Thats wat igbos are doing
So why then are you people accusing yorubas of hating him. Despite abandoning the yorubas, he still get 40% of their votes in the same 2015. Now that buhari is favoring them and doing what they want. So why you guys want them to vote against him? I do laugh cos it is only igbos that is carrying this atiku for head.
Re: Igbos Are Not Tribalists by Bede2u(m): 6:34am On Nov 15, 2018
Westbestside:
So why then are you people accusing yorubas of hating him. Despite abandoning the yorubas, he still get 40% of their votes in the same 2015. Now that buhari is favoring them and doing what they want. So why you guys want them to vote against him? I do laugh cos it is only igbos that is carrying this atiku for head.
do wat is best for ur people and leave us to do wat is best for our people. Saying we hate other tribes and critisizing every of our moves is the height of insensitivity....nairaland jokes aside
Re: Igbos Are Not Tribalists by Westbestside: 6:39am On Nov 15, 2018
Bede2u:
do wat is best for ur people and leave us to do wat is best for our people. Saying we hate other tribes and critisizing every of our moves is the height of insensitivity....nairaland jokes aside
So why are your people shouting yorubas support buhari
Re: Igbos Are Not Tribalists by Bede2u(m): 6:49am On Nov 15, 2018
Westbestside:
why were ur people shouting igbos support gej in 2015 campaign...insulting us and calling urselves and northerners 'well meaning nigerians'. U guys brought divisive politics to nigeria. In 1953 elections that ncnc won...u guys decamped enmass to deny the leader of ncnc the premiere position.

In 1964 u guys played hate politics to the extent awolowo went to jail for treason.

In 1983 elections there was violence in the west.

In 1993 elections...for the 1st time in a democratic pairing of candidates...abiola appointed another muslim as vp and wen he was called out by christian leaders...he infamously made a statement that he didnt need eastern votes. A very dangerous and divisive comment for a candidate.

We all remember freshly the campaign of calumny u guys heaped on igbos for supporting gej...and we have also seen how u guys have gone to town to label atiku 'an igbo candidate'

Bro for real yorubas and no other ethnic group in nigeria play hate based politics. Am really getting sick of our back and forth
Re: Igbos Are Not Tribalists by GMbuharii: 12:38pm On Nov 15, 2018
Westbestside:

Shut Up and bow down for your Fulani master.Ajoka
Re: Igbos Are Not Tribalists by GMbuharii: 12:47pm On Nov 15, 2018
Westbestside:

Yes, that's why the likes of Buhari will rule you and your family forever. Say amen,if you are a man.

Ajoka
grin
Re: Igbos Are Not Tribalists by lastempero: 12:52pm On Nov 15, 2018
orisa37:
Igbos are not trabalistic but are Trouble shooters everywhere.

I hope you understand the word troubleshooters?
Re: Igbos Are Not Tribalists by Westbestside: 4:46pm On Nov 15, 2018
GMbuharii:

Yes, that's why the likes of Buhari will rule you and your family forever. Say amen,if you are a man.

Ajoka
grin
You maybe right. Atiku can rule you and your generation forever. I know you are a bitter soul. You will only cry your heart out. Yorubas will still vote apc in the coming election. You n your family can end up in lagoon for all i care. grin

1 Like

Re: Igbos Are Not Tribalists by Westbestside: 4:48pm On Nov 15, 2018
GMbuharii:

Shut Up and bow down for your Fulani master.Ajoka
Ode, one of your dying elders was wishing atiku rule him before he dies. Mumu aboki willing slave.

1 Like

Re: Igbos Are Not Tribalists by Westbestside: 5:11pm On Nov 15, 2018
Bede2u:
why were ur people shouting igbos support gej in 2015 campaign...insulting us and calling urselves and northerners 'well meaning nigerians'. U guys brought divisive politics to nigeria. In 1953 elections that ncnc won...u guys decamped enmass to deny the leader of ncnc the premiere position.

In 1964 u guys played hate politics to the extent awolowo went to jail for treason.

In 1983 elections there was violence in the west.

In 1993 elections...for the 1st time in a democratic pairing of candidates...abiola appointed another muslim as vp and wen he was called out by christian leaders...he infamously made a statement that he didnt need eastern votes. A very dangerous and divisive comment for a candidate.

We all remember freshly the campaign of calumny u guys heaped on igbos for supporting gej...and we have also seen how u guys have gone to town to label atiku 'an igbo candidate'

Bro for real yorubas and no other ethnic group in nigeria play hate based politics. Am really getting sick of our back and forth
Yoruba never shouted igbo supported jonathan cos that is nine of our business. You supported who you like n no one complained. In 2011, when yorubas were supported gej, una no complain. When yaradua died n northerners wanted to install another northerner, it was same yorubas that fought and stood by him that he must coplete the remaining two years of their(yaradua/gej) tenure, where wrre igbos then? before he was urged to contest in 2011 of which all nigerian supported him including the yorubas, what what do they get in return? He abandoned them and you still expect them to vote him again. Why dod you not vote buhari, even though you have not voted him in the first place and he never abandone the east self. Talking of awolowo, you people have always been accusing him of what he did not do. Ranging from treason, to starving biafran of which the truth already came out. Talking of abiola, you people never supported him and he won without igbos. So we all should stop being hypocritical and vote who ever we wish n want. No one is in position to tell anybody who to vote for.

You claimed yoruba play biased politics lol, why did igbos voted against abiola, why did igbo voted against awolowo? Was it not because the vps were igbos then. Why are you going for atiku if not for peter obi. Why are you accusing others what you are guilty of?

1 Like

Re: Igbos Are Not Tribalists by Nobody: 5:50pm On Nov 15, 2018
Re: Igbos Are Not Tribalists by NaijirianKing: 7:21pm On Nov 15, 2018
Sure?
Re: Igbos Are Not Tribalists by NaijirianKing: 7:23pm On Nov 15, 2018
Sure?

1 Like

Re: Igbos Are Not Tribalists by pryme(m): 9:01pm On Nov 15, 2018
NaijirianKing:
That's my point exactly.

Biafra declared for its independence in the same way America did, when America told England that they are an independent nation, of course this led to a war of reprisal. The declarations made by Biafra and America are the same but the outcomes were different. Same declaration, but different results as America was able to defend their claim to be a fully fledged break away region from the British empire, while Biafra was only able to hold on to its independence for 3 years.

In those 3 years Biafra produced indigenous trucks, vans, cars, war planes, generated enough lights for commercial activity to continue unabated, created airports that could be hidden during the day to avoid bombing, ammunition, and refined enough oil to not have to import any
. To an extent the blockade was good for the Igbos as they were forced to look inside and use only what was found in their region, this led to many indigenous technical breakthroughs.

And you are correct, if you lose a war of independence there will be consequences, such consequences include that your government will be disbanded. But, if you as the conquering nation disbands a working government, like what was in Biafra, you have to replace it with another working government. Unfortunately the government that replaced the government of Biafra hasn't been able to deliver safety, good roads, light, etc. That's the problem.

So yes, Biafra was an independent nation for 3 years, but that was then, now Biafra is a part of Nigeria, and Nigeria needs to treat it as such. Those who call for Biafra merely mean that they need a responsible Federal government or they'd rather revert to the working Biafran government and leave Nigeria for "Nigerians".

Then what changed? @the bolded.
Surely it was during the war that the Ibos experience true marginalization, as compared to present day Nigeria, if you guys could achieve all this with such limitations then I expect you guys to follow in the foot steps of Japan that the US dropped more than 4 atomic bombs, but could still recover such holocaust to become one the most powerful countries in the world, surpassing some of the countries that never experienced such devastation.

I know asking you to be like Japan will be asking for too much, but can't you see its not Nigeria that's your problem, think about what you could achieve during the war during such marginalization, was it because you guys were under the military that made you guys be more committed and discipline?
Cos as far as am concerned the problem of this country was magnified by the dirty civilian leaders that call them selves politicians.
Re: Igbos Are Not Tribalists by GMbuharii: 6:12pm On Nov 16, 2018
Westbestside:
Yoruba never shouted igbo supported jonathan cos that is nine of our business. You supported who you like n no one complained. In 2011, when yorubas were supported gej, una no complain. When yaradua died n northerners wanted to install another northerner, it was same yorubas that fought and stood by him that he must coplete the remaining two years of their(yaradua/gej) tenure, where wrre igbos then? before he was urged to contest in 2011 of which all nigerian supported him including the yorubas, what what do they get in return? He abandoned them and you still expect them to vote him again. Why dod you not vote buhari, even though you have not voted him in the first place and he never abandone the east self. Talking of awolowo, you people have always been accusing him of what he did not do. Ranging from treason, to starving biafran of which the truth already came out. Talking of abiola, you people never supported him and he won without igbos. So we all should stop being hypocritical and vote who ever we wish n want. No one is in position to tell anybody who to vote for.

You claimed yoruba play biased politics lol, why did igbos voted against abiola, why did igbo voted against awolowo? Was it not because the vps were igbos then. Why are you going for atiku if not for peter obi. Why are you accusing others what you are guilty of?

Illiterate,why did Igbos VOTED...when Yoruba people were SUPPORTED Jonathan.....
0/100

Jobless nairaland resident minister of Igbo affairs

BAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA....
grin

1 Like

Re: Igbos Are Not Tribalists by MeanChris(m): 1:20pm On Apr 18, 2022
I feel so different now. The worst I feared has come. I am now insensitive to hating or fighting hate. Our world is truly terrible.

We need Jesus
Re: Igbos Are Not Tribalists by Proudlyomonna: 1:29pm On Apr 18, 2022
An average Igboman doesn't have time for mumu hate,all we want to do is do our business and be productive.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

When El-rufai Rained Insults On Jesus, Christians Didn't Call For His Head / Accept Your Failures On Insecurity - PDP Replies APC / Enugu Bans Unauthorised Social, Sporting Activities In Public Schools

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.