Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,472 members, 7,812,459 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:41 PM

How To Stop My Brother From Trying To Travel To Malaysia? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How To Stop My Brother From Trying To Travel To Malaysia? (3442 Views)

Why Most Nigerians Go To Malaysia Instead Of Europe And America / Help!!! My Brother Is Missing / Cost Of Travelling To Malaysia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Stop My Brother From Trying To Travel To Malaysia? by jeshua(m): 2:27pm On Apr 11, 2007
Please help me my brother wants to travel to Malaysia, what can I do to stop him
Re: How To Stop My Brother From Trying To Travel To Malaysia? by beavers007(m): 2:48pm On Apr 11, 2007
Why would you wanna stop him?
Re: How To Stop My Brother From Trying To Travel To Malaysia? by zexyworm: 3:49pm On Apr 11, 2007
Malaysia is a beautiful country! For leisure or honest business, it's the place to be! Nigeria should learn from the Malay experience in development. If anything, your brother should be encouraged!
Re: How To Stop My Brother From Trying To Travel To Malaysia? by babasin(m): 6:06pm On Apr 11, 2007
I presently live in Malaysia.

Its lovely and peaceful. No armed robber on the road. The roads are better than UK roads.

The toll-gate has 'touch&go' so I dont wait ot bribe anyone when am driving through the highway.

How will your brother get VISA? Singapore is VISA free for Nigerians but not Malaysia.
Re: How To Stop My Brother From Trying To Travel To Malaysia? by nicolas: 7:49pm On Apr 12, 2007
malaysia and singapore, which is better?
Re: How To Stop My Brother From Trying To Travel To Malaysia? by babasin(m): 7:55pm On Apr 12, 2007
depends. Singapore is much advance but too small. Malaysia is really catching up very fast and it big; so room to grow.

Also layman jobs is plenty in Malaysia while Singapore have more technical job.

Above all, I love living in Malaysia.

Always remind me of Nigeria; vegetation, people(muslim, christian, etc), food etc but of much better infrastructure/Safe compare to Naija.
Re: How To Stop My Brother From Trying To Travel To Malaysia? by jeshua(m): 4:30pm On Apr 13, 2007
You are simply saying I should encourage him? He is still struggling with his undergraduates. But can you prove all this news on the development of Malaysia? Better than the U.K.? If it reminds you of Nigeria then its not safe.
babasin:

I presently live in Malaysia.

Its lovely and peaceful. No armed robber on the road. The roads are better than UK roads.

The toll-gate has 'touch&go' so I don't wait ot bribe anyone when am driving through the highway.

How will your brother get VISA? Singapore is VISA free for Nigerians but not Malaysia.

Then do you think it is advisable for a degree holder to come and be doing your layman job when he has better option?
babasin:

depends. Singapore is much advance but too small. Malaysia is really catching up very fast and it big; so room to grow.

Also layman jobs is plenty in Malaysia while Singapore have more technical job.

Above all, I love living in Malaysia.

Always remind me of Nigeria; vegetation, people(muslim, christian, etc), food etc but of much better infrastructure/Safe compare to Naija.

I think the reason he wants out of Nigeria is because of the economic situation but I dont want him to go out of Frying pan to fire.
Thanks anyway, enjoy your stay in Malaysia-truly Asia but by the way he told me someone promised to get the visa for him for a price. I do not buy the idea
Re: How To Stop My Brother From Trying To Travel To Malaysia? by babasin(m): 4:51pm On Apr 13, 2007
I dont not support anyone travelling without getting their degree!

Pls ask him to get this first. is he doing IT or engineering? difficult to get work permit but if brillant. Big companies will take him.

Also, I dont suggest him to do laymay job just that economy is booming.

But can you prove all this news on the development of Malaysia? Better than the U.K.? If it reminds you of Nigeria then its not safe.

1. Quality, cheap housing.
2. road better than UK
3. Traing better than UK
4. Good standard of leaving: Your salary enough to sustain you.
5. Very safe.
Re: How To Stop My Brother From Trying To Travel To Malaysia? by dasarge(m): 12:24pm On Apr 14, 2007
Hello, I am a recruitment agent for a school based in Malaysia and i have been there. Its a very lovely place and you can get into the system and improve your education. My school helps people move over to the UK from Malaysia in the final year of the Undergraduate programme. People have actually come to the Uk from there and gone back to Malaysia after schooling because its a very peaceful and lovely place.
if you need further briefing on this, just call me on +44(0)7944628489. I will be very glad to help you out.

Many regards to you all.
Re: How To Stop My Brother From Trying To Travel To Malaysia? by jeshua(m): 2:18pm On Apr 14, 2007
dasarge:

Hello, I am a recruitment agent for a school based in Malaysia and i have been there. Its a very lovely place and you can get into the system and improve your education. My school helps people move over to the UK from Malaysia in the final year of the Undergraduate programme. People have actually come to the Uk from there and gone back to Malaysia after schooling because its a very peaceful and lovely place.
if you need further briefing on this, just call me on +44(0)7944628489. I will be very glad to help you out.

Many regards to you all.

How easy is it to get a Malaysian Visa and also work there while studying? If you can give me a good load down of what your agencies atke and the risk involved, I might consider becos I really want to help him, I know he is ambitious but he is just not too cautious. Mind you i dont trust agencies-he is studyng Mathematics, with what we discussed last, I guess he has an extra year now in the university in Nigeria but I guess he will be through before september.
help if you can and dont forget we are nigerians
Re: How To Stop My Brother From Trying To Travel To Malaysia? by ne4real(f): 3:19pm On Apr 17, 2007
JESHUA, do encourage your brother to go after his degree. malaysia is truly booming and loads of nigerians are heading there. two states govt, sent over 400 people for studies on scholarship. i have a friend who has been there 4 ,3 years and he is rounding up his degree.i also have a close freind who we use to work 2gether who just left to pursue a course in software engineering. i on my won have secured admission to one of thier schools in the capital. thier school fees are cheeap ,housiong good, road wonderful considering niaja,telecom, rail, water, visits to cointries like australia, new zealand, singapore, hong kong, japan is alot easy. these people have moved so we need to go tap into what makes them thick and bring back our experiences to bear in our own country, cos there is no where like HOME.
PLEASE ENCOURAGE THE BOY, THOUGH their airticket is expensive, i can help in arranging thier visa .u dont need to go to any agents . am in abuja and their embassy in here.am processing mine as well so ican resume somethime in october or early january. cheers.
Re: How To Stop My Brother From Trying To Travel To Malaysia? by TrueTalk3: 4:56pm On Apr 18, 2007
@Babasin & Dasarge,

Abeg try to fill me in with better info on Malaysia!

I've heard about how beautiful the country is et al.

How pocket friendly is the place for a tourist, as I'm organising with a few friends to have our vacation there?

Whats the hotel bill like, what places are to be visited, their immigration procedures, their people,

All tips will be appreciated
Re: How To Stop My Brother From Trying To Travel To Malaysia? by dolami(m): 6:41pm On Apr 18, 2007
@ne4real
am impressed with ur kindness to offer some help
according to ur post. pls am interested in schoolin in
malaysia, even thou i want uk, but never work out.
i will like us to talk privily this is my
email - dolamos@yahoo.com
expects frm u.
Re: How To Stop My Brother From Trying To Travel To Malaysia? by dasarge(m): 12:56pm On Apr 19, 2007
Dear Jeshua, True Talk and Dolami.

You can only work after your first full year in Malaysia. They want to be sure that you are there primarily to study and not just to Hussle. It doesnt cost you much to get the Visa from my agency, it will cost you N45,000 ($320) for admission application and Visa approval from the Malaysian School. When you have the letter from me within 4 weeks of making your payment, you will then proceed to the malaysian High Commission in Abuja to get the Visa Stamped on your passport. You will need a Yellow Card attached to your passport before you go to Abuja. If you need further advise please contact us on:
Michelle Humphrey
018192523/0805373279-Lagos
02084517391/07944628489-London

Please note that the school i represent can help you transfer to Universities in the Uk, USA and Australia to do the Final year of your study.

Cheers!
Re: How To Stop My Brother From Trying To Travel To Malaysia? by TrueTalk3: 6:40pm On Apr 19, 2007
Nice one dasarge,

but unlike others, I'm not thinking of studying, rather I'm thinking towards holidaying/vacation

required info will be more of accomodation costs, places to visit,

how expensive is the town??
Re: How To Stop My Brother From Trying To Travel To Malaysia? by babasin(m): 10:27pm On Apr 19, 2007
@truetalk,

You should visit KL surely, go to Batu Caves. rent a car and drive to Penang Island. Lovely.

It would remind you of going to VI from 3rd MB but better facility.

Also visit Cameron island, where tea is produced. The British still have some old colonial structures.

Transport easy, very cheap. Food clean, cheap and spicey like Naija.

Re: How To Stop My Brother From Trying To Travel To Malaysia? by TrueTalk3: 2:14pm On Apr 21, 2007
@Babasin,

Fantastic!

Thanks Chief. Very inviting,

Abeg what'll weather be like for August??
Re: How To Stop My Brother From Trying To Travel To Malaysia? by babasin(m): 8:42pm On Apr 21, 2007
Malaysia and Nigeria share everything in common, weather is fairly same.

The aviation is so developed that they use 737 for journey of 45mins: KL --> Singapore.
Re: How To Stop My Brother From Trying To Travel To Malaysia? by smile4kenn(m): 5:09am On Apr 22, 2007
I visit malaysia almost everymonth because of my studies. Malaysia is the fastest Developing Undeveloped Nation in the world and according to Un, one of the best place to live in Asia. Malaysia is called Truely Asia because so many Asians live in malaysia. Three major tribes in malaysia, chinese malay, india malay and malaysians malay. To be sincere with you i will give you the loaddown of what malaysia is about.The roads are better than that of Uk and they have one of the best toll gafe service in the world. Touch & Go. There are alot of internation students there mostly Nigerians because Rivers state and one other state sends 200 youths every year to study there. No workstudy in malaysia!!!. You cant work while going to school. Malaysia is one of the best countries in asia with 3 times world best airport(kuala lumpur intl airport) and there tourism is of international standard.

Malaysians dont speak English only the foreigners speak english and Racism from very few malaysians still exist but they will always respect you because of the fact that you are a foriegner. Shopping here is made easy. Transportation is cheap and easy from fully airconditioned Taxi to Tubes to trains, Helicopter shuttle. Studying here is better but depends on the school. There are alot of students all over the world mostly europeans, asians. Malaysian money is riggits. 3.5 riggits to 1 US$,  and 35 naira to 1 Riggits, Studying here is cheap.

I will advice you to allow your brother study in malaysia if there will be funds available for him through out his study because no employment promised. The Nigerians in Malaysia are people that their parents back home can afford their cost of study through the 3 years of study. There must be allowance for feeding and welfare.

Most weekends, you can take train to singapore. So many Nigerians spend there weekends in singapre because you only need to take a train there of about 40 riggits. Singapore is also another great crountry but its a country where you can naver play with their laws. No breaking of rules.

Re: How To Stop My Brother From Trying To Travel To Malaysia? by MP007(m): 7:23am On Apr 22, 2007
idiot , u didnt tell us why u dont want him to leave.use brain now, this is not an "in my mind web page" and besides the guy is looking for green pastures , ehn ehn cos its asia abi? i bet u'll have been begging for prayers for him if he was going to USA OR UK, u have issues. i wish him safe journey
Re: How To Stop My Brother From Trying To Travel To Malaysia? by Nobody: 1:42pm On Apr 22, 2007
Malaysia is a nice country. i'm currently studying in singapore, will soon be to Malaysia for a visit. Its damn expensive in here 'cos there's no such thing as working and schooling for private school students, but Malaysia-truly Asia is a lot cheaper. Jeshua allow ur broda jo
Re: How To Stop My Brother From Trying To Travel To Malaysia? by 4Play(m): 2:36pm On Apr 22, 2007
babasin:

1. Quality, cheap housing.
2. road better than UK
3. Traing better than UK
4. Good standard of leaving: Your salary enough to sustain you.
5. Very safe.

A Malaysian medical student in the UK told me that life is better in the UK than Malaysia.Who should I believe?
Re: How To Stop My Brother From Trying To Travel To Malaysia? by Pain(m): 3:01pm On Apr 22, 2007
If U Can Afford To Foot His Bills(A Lot Cheaper Than UK or US) With Mordern Facilities in Most Universities , Then OK.

But, If Hes Coming Over To Hustle( Work And School) Then No No. Malaysia Doesnt Guarantee Work For Intl Students. A Couple Of Nigerians Who Come Over To Hustle Are Often Dissapointed Unless U Are Brilliant And U Have Something To Offer. We Have Quite A Nmber Of Lecturers Here Doing Well.

Most Directionless Nigerian Folks In Malaysia Are "Yahoo Boyz". So, If He Is Coming Over For Education( Expense Paid) - Very Good.

But If Else,,,,,,,,,,,,,Shove It.

Let Him Go To North America Or Europe Or Take The Best Option: Stay In Nigeria. I Swear There's No Place Like Home.

Nigeria Is Opening Up Too. With Good Leadership Things Can Only Get Better.
Re: How To Stop My Brother From Trying To Travel To Malaysia? by Obamedo: 3:32am On Apr 23, 2007
@4play
Life is definitely better in the UK than Malaysia
It depends on your perspective, Malaysia is a developing economy and economic growth is very rapid. Corruption is minimal and the system works
Nigeria and Malaysia were at par with roughly the same GDP in 1969, now were are still $400 or so and Malaysia is now $3-4000 dollars.
They are not richer than Nigeria just more sensible less greedy and less corrupt (there is still corruption)

A Malaysian in the UK will earn more in the UK doing the same job than in Malaysia, thats why your Malaysian medical student friend said life is better in the UK

The cost of living is much lower in Malaysia than Nigeria and the standard of living is much better
However in the UK the cost of living is much higher ie you pay more for everything, housing, electricity & transport etc

Interesting point: Malaysia is the worlds largest producer of oil palm, the original seeds for the oil palm plantations were sourced from NIFOR (Nigerian Institute for oil palm research) in the 1970s
Re: How To Stop My Brother From Trying To Travel To Malaysia? by smile4kenn(m): 5:56am On Apr 23, 2007
Almost 80% of Nigerians in Asia especially #1 malaysia, #2 china, #2 Singapore that are all yahoo boyz. if your brother is going there and hes a yahoo boy then he will meet some niggas there to work with.

All u naija Niggas in Malaysia, I hail ohhh
Re: How To Stop My Brother From Trying To Travel To Malaysia? by smile4kenn(m): 5:58am On Apr 23, 2007
I will advice your brother to stay back In Nigeria and get a degree first. Truely, There is no place like Home. No place Like my Nigeria.
Re: How To Stop My Brother From Trying To Travel To Malaysia? by myro(m): 2:47pm On Apr 23, 2007
@mp7007

u dont have to be insulting about the way you give ur comments. wat personal beef do you have with the concerned sibling? really, i was starting to think maybe u were the brother in question.

@topic

i dont know much about malaysia but from wat i am reading i would definatly advice u to look at malaysia critically. it may not be a bad idea after all.

@dasarge
the gsm number is not complete.
Re: How To Stop My Brother From Trying To Travel To Malaysia? by rojen: 5:15pm On Apr 23, 2007
pls can someone tell me about sri-lanka,because i have a brother with an invitation letter to travel there.i am not worried at all cos i know what will be will surely be.
Re: How To Stop My Brother From Trying To Travel To Malaysia? by smile4kenn(m): 5:43pm On Apr 23, 2007
sri-lanka is in what contenient?
Re: How To Stop My Brother From Trying To Travel To Malaysia? by moondust(m): 6:51pm On Apr 23, 2007
wetin hin dey naija dey do 4 u? u no dey watch CNN where dem say MALAYSIA truly ASIA
Re: How To Stop My Brother From Trying To Travel To Malaysia? by blues: 8:31pm On Apr 23, 2007
Hi guy,

I have done a lot of researches about malaysia and seem to be a very good place to be. The research started when some came from there and said a tobacco and aloy realm company needed people to work. I got two malaysia VISA, one for my Bros and the other one for my cousin. But going to three wks now they are still around . Is there anyway we could utilize this opportunity so that they dont waste the visa or what do u advise.

If u could get job for them , then yu take your commisiion over a period of time. What do u advise.
Re: How To Stop My Brother From Trying To Travel To Malaysia? by smile4kenn(m): 5:52am On Apr 24, 2007
According to malaysia labour law, Noncitizens are not allowed to work unless you have been in the country legally for at least 5 years, So watch your back before you go to truely Asia. Malaysia is the home base of Nigeria 419, Thats the headquater,

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dana Air Plane Just Crashed Outside Lagos Airport / Coldest Place On Earth Where You Breath In And Die - Photos / Help On Relocating To The Gambia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.